Silence

By AndySimps

Death. I expected it but it came when I I least expected. Reincarnation. I don't know what to expect from it... More

1.Death
2.Time Really Flies.
3. Oh God No!
4. Blood Splattered Walls.
5. Isn't That Ironic?
6. Weird Neighbour.
7.Peaked My Interest.
8. Tick Tock.
9. Plot Begins.
10. It's So Simple.
11. Moment in Time.
12. You Pass.
13. The Puddle Of Doom.
14. Hit Rock Bottom.
15. It's Just A Sprain.
16. Chakra Not Chatora.
17. Awkward Dinner.
18. Miroirs De La Mort.
19. He's really short.
20. Home Sweet Home.
21. Talking Tortoise.
22. Sadist Ibiki.
23. The Forest Of Death.
24. Maki Modosu
25. Right Now?
26. Karito VS Karasu
27. My Paddles.
28. Abyss of Shadows
29. Try Again.
30. Oh, Goodbye.
31. Dramatic Entrance.
33. So Attached.
34. Just Give Me A Break.
35. Calm Down.
36. Too Pure.
37. Behind Kakashi's Mask. (Part 1)
38. Behind Kakashi's Mask (part 2)
39. Open Up.
40. Marathon Drama.
41. Ships And Banana's
42. Shinobi Mary Poppins.
43. Change In Style.
44. Promises and Betrayals.
45. Through The Eyes of Others.
46. Too Far Gone.
47. I Couldn't Bring her Back.
48. Till Death Do Me Part
49. Guilt and Sly Bastards.
50.Never Ending Tears.
51.Baby Foxes and Owls
52. Linoleum and Fluorescent.
53. Dark Voices and Plush Sharks.
54. Power Crazed Lunatics.
55. Sugar High.
56. Far More Valuable.
57. Sneaking Out and Midnight Rendezvous'
58. Awkwardness and Bleeding Noses.
59. Spare Keys and Apologies.
60. It's Just A Bump
61. Spilt Blood
62. Behind the Mask.
Chapter 63. Unblemished Linoleum.
64. Bloody Ceilings
65. Rain Check.
66. Ramblings and Fair Warnings
67. Fallen Cans and Stale Coffee.
68. Torture and Iced Tea.
69. Grocery Shopping and Unprompted Conversations
Hiatus till the 30th of May 2024

32. The Nightmare.

12.6K 628 171
By AndySimps

Shizukana's P.O.V

I instantly shunshinned towards Kakashi Sensei and blocked a kunai that was aimed at his head. I kicked the Ninja in the Anbu clothes, making him fall to the ground. I ended it by throwing a kunai at his neck.

Sensei looked at me. "Where were you?" Sensei asked me while he snapped a guys neck. I couldn't reply since I was dodging punches. I swiped my legs and tripped the attacker making him hit his head and knock him out.

"I was dealing with some trouble," I replied. Suddenly, Kabuto appeared out of nowhere and threw a kunai at me. I deflected it and stepped back.

"Don't think you can escape from me now," Kabuto said. He ran towards me with a chakra scalpel and tried to cut me. I kept dodging until he tackled me to the ground. He tried to punch me but he was pulled off me when Sensei grabbed him by the collar and threw him to the wall.

"Are you alright?" Sensei asked me after helping me up. I nodded my head. "Alright, I'll deal with him. I want you to help the others outside the arena. Get the civilians to safety." Sensei said and I nodded.

Third person's P.O.V.

Shizukana shunshinned away from the arena and onto the roof of a building. She scanned the village to find Sand Shinobi and Sound Shinobi attacking the village. She cursed before jumping off the building.

Meanwhile, Kabuto stood up from the ground. He wiped the blood from his chin and smirked. "Hatake, nice to meet you again." He pulled out a kunai and Kakashi did the same. Kakashi took a defensive stance when Kabuto came running towards him, leaking malicious intent.

The kunai clashed against each other as an intense battle broke put between Kakashi and Kabuto. Both Shinobi used extreme precaution and battle strategies.

"What do you want from Shizukana?" Kakashi asked when Kabuto fell to the ground. Kakashi dodged a punch and hit Kabuto in the chest making Kabuto step back. Kakashi walked towards him and pinned him to the wall.

"Well, she is special and has quite a lot of skills. You see, Lord Orochimaru came only for Sasuke but found interest in Shizukana too. She did manage to put up a good fight in the forest." Kabuto said with a sly smirk on his face. "During the preliminaries, she showed promise in various types of fighting. And she is quite the prodigy. So obviously Lord Orochimaru would want her."

Kakashi felt his body shake in anger. First Sasuke and now Shizukana. What the hell is he trying to do? Kakashi's eyes widened when Kabuto stuck a paper bomb on Kakashi's jacket. Kakashi let Kabuto go and quickly removed his jacket before tossing it away from the arena.

He turned around to find Kabuto gone. "Damn it," Kakashi muttered under his breath before helping Guy.

Shizukana was throwing a kunai at Sound shinobi who was about to stab a man. She rushed towards him and carried him away and to a safe shelter. She wiped away some of the dirt from her face.

Shizukana heard a scream from behind her to find a young girl about to be crushed by the debris of rock. Without hesitation, Shizukana threw one of her marked kunai near the girl and grabbed her. She quickly hiriashinned to a marker nearby. She set the girl down and examined her for injuries. Just a few bruises and scrapes. The girl was crying before an old lady took her away. Must be her grandmother.

Shizukana stood up and teleported to a building that was about to collapse. There was a couple who was trapped on one of the floors. She ran towards them and hiriashinned to a marker near the hospital. The couple thanked her before running inside.

Shizukana took in a deep breath as she felt tired. I have never tried to take two people like that. She closed her eyes for a few seconds before shunshinning away. Suddenly, she felt her whole body ache in pain. It was like something was ripping her soul apart.

She let out a pained cry when a Sand shinobi threw a kunai at her. Luckily she managed to dodge it but yet the kunai grazed her arm. She kicked the shinobi in the knee making him fall. She then pushed off the edge of the debris. He fell and pierced his chest on a pole.

Meanwhile, Lord Third just summoned the Shinigami to seal Orochimaru away. The Shinigami's spirit cast a shadow against Orochimaru who was trying to get away from the Hokage.

The Hokage managed to seal Orochimaru's arms before he was stabbed in the chest by a sword. The Hokage fell to the ground and Orochimaru stepped backwards after screeching in pain.

"Remove the barrier," Orochimaru yelled at his followers who were holding the barrier. They immediately dropped the barrier and shunshinned away with Orochimaru. The Hokage's Anbu rushed towards Lord Third to find his summoning King Enma holding The Hokage's body.

Shizukana furrowed her eyebrows when the invaders retreated. All the leaf Shinobi were also baffled by the sudden disappearance. Everyone cheered while Shizukana sat on the debris. She massaged her temples as she calmed her breathing. Whatever happened to her, really wrecked her whole body. Her whole head was about to explode from the pain.

There was a loud explosion. It came from outside the village. Shizukana stood up and looked around. There was smoke which came a few kilometres south of the village. But before she could do anything, Kakashi appeared next to her.

She looked at him and he was alright. He was a little bruised but he was alright. Shizukana walked to the front and gazed into the horizon. Her main focus was the explosion. Maybe Naruto and Sasuke were there.

Kakashi looked at Shizukana. She had a few scratches and bruises but she was alright. "I sent Naruto, Shikamaru and Sakura after Sasuke who chased Garaa and his siblings," Kakashi said making Shizukana look at him.

Shizukana's P.O.V.

"Sasuke went after Garaa? Why would he go alone?" asked Sensei. Sensei shrugged his shoulders. I sighed in annoyance. Damn the Uchiha and their pride. Didn't he learn anything about teamwork?

Guy Sensei ran up to us with a horrified look on his face. "The Hokage is dead." Both Kakashi Sensei and I widened our eyes at the news. The three of us headed to the arena to find the Kage’s balcony destroyed and Anbu and medics were surrounding the area.

Some of the Shinobi were escorting the civilians out of the arena. The others were removing the debris which had fallen. A few civilians were injured but all of them were minor injuries.

Kakashi Sensei spoke to one of the chunin that were present. He walked towards us and explained what happened. The Kazekage was Orochimaru in disguise and he escaped after Lord Third died. They say he was heavily injured.

My eyes widened in realization. Damn it. Why didn't I see it? He kept looking at Sasuke weirdly. I thought it because he was eager to watch the match but clearly, I was wrong.

Timeskip...

Some Shinobi went to the explosion to investigate and it was Naruto and Sasuke. They fought Garaa and half the transformation of the one-tailed beast. Both Sasuke and Naruto were injured. Sakura was also injured but she managed to heal Naruto and Sasuke to keep them stable.

Shikamaru had a broken wrist and a fractured ankle but he was gonna be alright. Shino followed them and he wasn't heavily injured.

Both Sensei and I were seated in the Hospital. Sensei was reading his book while I fiddled with the bandages on my wrist. Nurses and Doctors were bustling through the corridor even though it was around midnight.

I looked at Sensei when he snapped his book shut. He looked at me and smiled at me. "You did a good job of protecting the civilians." He said trying to cheer me up. I smiled at him before shrugging.

I laid back on the chair and closed my eyes in exhaustion. My whole body ached. Whatever happened did some damage on me. I heard the sound of footsteps and I opened my eyes to find Jiraiya Sensei standing in front of Sensei.

He looked at me and gave me a wolfish grin before talking to Sensei. They were talking about how the Hokage used the Dead Demon Consuming Seal. I have heard about that sealing technique. The summoner soul is partly separated from their body. The Shinigami then restrains the soul. The summon then can seal the soul of its target. But the summoner then dies after their soul will be sucked in by the Shinigami. Lord Third managed to get Orochimaru's arms. He won't be allowed to make any hand signs.

My mind wandered to my incident. Are they connected? The demons from the Abyss of Shadows did say that I don't belong in the land of the Living. My head ached after numerous questions crossed my mind.

I noticed that Sensei had finished his talk with Jiraiya Sensei and was currently staring at me. I looked at him and smiled awkwardly.

"Why don't you get some rest. You look tired and could use some sleep." Sensei said making a smile creep up my face at the thought of my warm bed. I nodded and stood up.

"I'll be back in the morning," I said but before I could leave, Sensei stood up. He made the hand signs for the summoning jutsu before a small pug appeared next to him.

It had brown fur and as wearing a blue jacket of some sorts. It had a forehead band which held the leaf village symbol.

"Take Pakkun with you. After Kabuto personally coming after you, it isn't safe." Sensei said picking up Pakkun and handing him to me.

I held him in my arms. I lifted him and looked at him. "Is this your final genin?" Pakkun said making Kakashi nod.

"You know what to do." Kakashi Sensei said making Pakkun nod. I smiled at the little dog. I looked at Sensei. He came close to me and ruffled my hair. "Stay safe and Pakkun will alert me if anything goes wrong."

I nodded my head and walked away. I held Pakkun with one hand and used the other to fix my hair. I then held Pakkun and walked home. He seemed to be enjoying the ride.

I jumped off rooftops and landed in front of my apartment building. The wasn't damaged since it was in the lesser-known areas of the village. Pakkun jumped off my hand and stood next to me.

We walked in and made it in front of my door. I unlocked it with my key and entered. I closed the door when Pakkun entered. He sniffed around before looking at me.

"It's very bland. Kakashi has more colour in his room." He said making me sweatdrop. "He even has a plant," Pakkun said before sitting down.

"I have a plant," I said making him chuckle. I didn't think dogs could chuckle. He looked at me with an unimpressed look.

"That doesn't count as a plant." He said looking at my cactus. I sighed before walking to my room. I took some clothes with me before closing the door to the bathroom.

I had a shower where I washed my dirty hair and scrubbed of the dust and dirt. I remembered to take off my bandages before showering. After a few minutes, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped some new bandages around my wounds.

I wore a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. I stepped out of the bathroom to find Pakkun laying on my bed. He was watching me while scratching his leg.

I rubbed my face and sat on my bed. I got under the covers and laid my head on the pillow. Pakkun came closer and laid next to my head. I patted his head before drifting off.

Kakashi P.O.V.

I paced around the corridor. Orochimaru is after Sasuke and Shizukana. Sasuke and Naruto are both hospitalized and Shizukana needs to be on constant alert. I sighed in exhaustion. Seems like this team is unlucky.

"What are you thinking about?" Kurenai asked me. I looked at hee and shrugged. She just laughed and sat down on one of the chairs. I sat next to her and rubbed my eyes.

"You need to relax. After seeing your teams battles, they can take care of themselves." Kurenai reassured me. I nodded.

"But they are still Genin," I said leaning back against the chair. She just laughed at me again.

"Come on Kakashi. Don't be such a Mother-hen." She said making me frown.

"I'm not a mother-hen," I muttered under my breath. I kept looking around the plain white walls. I looked at the door when Guy and Jiraiya Sensei walked out.

Guy kept rambling and Jiraiya seemed to be nodding along. They came and stood by us. Jiraiya looked at and flashed me a grin.

"Both Naruto and Sasuke are stable and will be healing soon. Sasuke's seal is holding up. And it will be for a long time." Jiraiya said patting me on the shoulder. "So, where's Shizukana?"

I rubbed my shoulder. "She went home. I told her to get some rest." I said making everyone nod.

We continued to have a small discussion when I heard a howl from the distance. "Did you hear that?" I asked Guy who was standing next to me. Everyone quieted down. Once again, there was a howl. I recognized it as Pakkuns.

Ignoring the others yells, I ran out of the hospital and into the direction of the howls.

Shizukana's P.O.V.

It was dark and the only thing I could hear was the sound of water dripping.

I looked around and found myself standing in front of my brother, James. My knees trembled as I held out my hand, trying to touch my brothers face. But as soon as my hand came in contact with his face, it disappeared and he was replaced with the pained look of my father.

His neck was bleeding and he was looking at me in disappointment. It wasn't the sound of water dripping, it was the blood that was dripping from his neck as it hit the ground. I felt tears gather in my eyes and I walked towards him. He disappeared and my mother appeared.

My mother was smiling at me before it changed into an expression of horror. I felt dark energy behind me. I turned around to face a black shape with purple eyes.

I stepped back but gasped when I felt myself fall through a hole. I was falling for a while but then something caught me from my waist.

It was a huge black hand. It tightened its grip making it harder for me to breathe. I tried to get out but it kept getting tighter and tighter until I felt my eyes slowly close.

I heard a voice call out to me. It called my name. I tried to look at the direction of that voice. But I couldn't move. I kept hitting the hand but suddenly, it let go.

The last thing I heard before waking up was, "You don't belong here."

I gasped as I jerked awake. I looked around the room to find Pakkun looking at me with worry. I touched my face to find tears falling out if my eyes. I haven't cried in years.

Pakkun came closer to me and licked my face. I scratched his head before wiping my face. I rubbed my eyes before laying in on my bed again. I haven't dreamt about them for about 7 years.

Pakkun came and laid down on my stomach. I laid my hand on his head and tried to get rid of the aching pain in my head.

Knock. Knock.

Pakkun jumped off my stomach and growled at the door. I stood up and grabbed a kunai from the bedside table. I opened the door to my room and quietly moved to the living room. I glanced at the clock. 1:15 am.

I walked towards the door and peeked from the glass. It was Taka-Kun. Should I open it? Maybe that Anbu came here before Kabuto stole his mask? Oh, I Don't Know.

"Shi-chan, open up," Taka-Kun said banging on the door. "I came as soon as I heard about the attack. Please be home."

I looked at Pakkun to find him looking at the door with narrow eyes. I touched the door handle but backed away when the door swang open. Taka-Kun stood there with his bag.

He ran towards me and hugged me. My body tensed when I saw shadows near the door. I pushed Taka-Kun away and held my kunai in defence. I heard footsteps come from my room.

"Shi-chan. What's going on?" He asked me. He tried to come towards me but I stepped back. This happened until I was backed against a wall. I didn't want to hurt him.

My eyes widened when 9 shinobi dressed in Anbu stepped into the living room. I clenched my jaw. Pakkun growled before letting out a loud howl. He did it again causing the Anbu to run towards me at once.

I stabbed one in the face with my kunai and kicked another one in the leg, causing him to trip and make one other Anbu fall. I pulled out my kunai at threw it at one guy's neck making him slump to the ground.

I gasped in surprise when someone wrapped a piece of cloth on my face. Before inhaling whatever was in the cloth, I flipped to the front, sending whoever was in back, flying to the front.

Pakkun was biting an Anbu in the leg. I grabbed my kunai from the dead body and threw it at the Anbu who was about to kick Pakkun. It hit him in the leg, causing him to grunt in pain.

I was about to punch an Anbu when he caught my hand and punched me in the nose. Goddammit. The third freaking time today. Technically, not today. GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME.

I stepped back holding my broken nose. I felt my anger surge through me as I punch the man in the throat. He choked before I grabbed a pen from the table and stabbed him in the eye. It was horrible when the blood came gushing out of his eye but better you than me.

I rushed into the kitchen and pulled out four kitchen knives. Even though I don't cook, they can still be handy. For instance. I threw the knife at one of the five remaining Anbu. He dodged it but wasn't fast enough to dodge the second one which was aimed for his chest.

I threw both knives at them but they dodged. One of them ran towards me. I grabbed a cooking pan and slammed it into the guys head. The sound of the pan colliding with his skull made a loud 'thing' sound. I winced. That must've hurt.

One of them slipped into the back while the other two got their weapons ready. Two daggers and a katana. One of them threw the dagger at me but I deflected it with my frying pan. the dagger managed to graze my shoulder and I hissed in pain. I ducked when the Katana sliced through the air where my head should have been.

I jumped onto the counter and leapt above them and landed in the living room. I was about to run into my room when Tala-Kun slapped something on my forehead. My eyes widened when I felt all my Chakra being sucked out.

I tripped on my legs and crashed to the ground. I yelled in pain when someone stepped on both my hands, crushing them.

"That'll stop here from making hand signs." One of them said. I ignored the pain from my head and hands. I swept the closest three with my legs and brought them to the ground. I quickly stood up and flipped a nearby chair which was sent flying onto the guy with the Katana.

His Katana was lodged upwards on the couch and he was stabbed by his blade when he fell on the couch.

Since my hand were useless, I gave a spinning kick to the guy with the daggers. He recovered and came to stab me with his dagger but I ducked in the last second causing him to impale his buddy.

I kicked him where the sun doesn't shin and he instantly fell to the ground. Using my bare feet, I gathered chakra into my legs making a kunai stick to it. I then kicked him in the hand causing the kunai to pierce into his skull.

The only people left standing were Taka-Kun and the guy I stabbed in the leg. Pakkun was handling him. I looked at Taka-Kun with betrayal in my eyes.

"Why?" I asked. I didn't want this to be real. I cared for him and trusted him, only for him to stab me in the back.

"It's nothing personal. Only business." He smirked. But I could see the pain in his eyes. The pain that Haku had when was fighting against us.

He ran towards me and the only thing I could do was dodge and deflect. I didn't have the guts to hit him. Damn my emotions. He kicked me in the stomach and I stumbled to the ground.

He was about to knock me out but then Pakkun came and but his leg. Taka-Kun cursed and he kicked Pakkun, sending him across the living room.

"No!" I yelled at him but he didn't seem to care. I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and kicked Taka-Kun the leg. He dodged it and jumped further away from me.

He looked at Pakkun who was getting up. "That's Kakashi's summoning. He is on his way then." He looked at me and smiled. It wasn't the smile Taka-Kun normally had. No. It was one that was filled with hate and anger. "I'll see you again. Shi-chan."

I stood still for a while, before slumping against the wall and sliding down. I sat down and gave out a tired sigh. With my shaky and injured hand, I managed to peel off the seal which was on my forehead.

Pakkun came towards me and licked my face. I gave him a weak smile. I looked around the room to find bodies lying across the whole house. I just chuckled at the fact that someone I trusted just betrayed me.

"Are you alright Pup?" Pakkun asked me. I just looked at him and gave him a weak smile. "I'll be passing out soon but I'll be okay."

His eyes widened. "No. Keep your eyes open. Kakashi will be here soon. Look at me. Don't close your eyes."Pakkun said trying his best to keep me awake.

I felt my eyes droop down but I snapped them open. Don't fall asleep. Even though you need it. Don't do it.

Suddenly, a blur burst in from the door. I looked up to find Sensei looking at the state of the room. His eyes landed on me and he ran towards me. I slowly waved at him.

He knelt next to me but I didn't hear what he said, cause I was embraced in darkness.

A/n Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed the Chapter. What do you think happened when Shizukana felt weakened during the invasion? Most of all, What do you think happened with Taka-Kun?

Word count: 4002

Comment below...

Ciao...... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 843 25
You know when you die you think your going to go to heaven or hell. And how people who believe in reincarnation are looked at weird. Well.......they...
1.1M 50.8K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
46.5K 2.3K 27
"It's ok. I didn't believe in reincarnation the last time either" To think that I'd be saying this in this lifetime is bizarre. The only good thing t...
21.6K 491 25
I let my guard down, thinking he would be there. Hoping my best friend would be there, hoping he would be coming back to me. Turns out, he had come t...