Thoroughbreds//The Turning [C...

By GoldenSykes

- Based on the novel "The Turn of the Screw" [Book 1] - A woman by the name of Kate Mandell and her niece El... More

Chapter 1 - The Meeting
Chapter 2 - New Friends
Chapter 3 - Prank
Chapter 4 - Blame
Chapter 5 - Deception
Chapter 6 - Temptation
Chapter 7 - Denial
Chapter 8 - Dominance
Chapter 9 - Truth and Lies
Chapter 10 - Strike One
Chapter 11 - Reality
Chapter 12 - Fear
Chapter 13 - Proof
Chapter 14 - Control
Chapter 15 - Consequences
Chapter 17 - Malevolent
Chapter 18 - Intimidated
Chapter 19 - Pet
Chapter 20 - Mastery
Chapter 21 - Principle
Chapter 22 - Power
Chapter 23 - Flashlight (Part 1)
Chapter 24 - Flashlight (Part 2)
Chapter 25 - Entrapped
UPDATE

Chapter 16 - Pressure

439 14 4
By GoldenSykes

"Miles, please" I responded, breathless from what he had just said. Killed them? How did he know that? How the hell did he know any of this? I swamped myself in thoughts.

He smirked, holding his hands on my waist and pulling me into him. I looked to the side as he lifted his hand to brush a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"Why?"

"Why what?" I looked up at him, "Why did I 'kill' them?"

"You did kill them, Elizabeth, I had a conversation with Kate when you first arrived"

"Oh, and she just openly told you about me?"

"Well, I got in her head," He smirked. I began squirming in his grasp. "Just like how I've gotten into yours"

"You're not in my head, Miles," I stared at him, holding eye contact, "As a matter of fact, I'm in your head"

I pulled away from him, slowly beginning to circle him.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his brow.

"Maybe," I placed my hands on his shoulders as I remained behind him, leaning my lips to his ear, "What Kate told you isn't true, could be a cover story, or maybe I'm just as crazy as you"

I smiled when he began stuttering.

"I-it's true, I-I know it is, you killed them" He spun around to face me.

"Keep telling yourself that" I smirked at the boy. He frowned heavily at me before shoving me down to the sofa. He placed his hands on either side of my shoulders, hovering his body over mine.

"I'm not scared of you, Elizabeth" He spoke, his voice cracking as he said my name. I placed my hands on his shoulders.

I whispered, "You should be". The boy flinched at my response. He stared at me, a wide-eyed expression twisting his features.

"Now, where is that letter?" I questioned Miles as he continued to pin me to the sofa.

"Why don't you come and get it?" He asked, although, I feel it was more of a rhetorical question.

He jumped off of me and bolted for the door, only resulting in him bouncing off of someone. He plopped onto the floor in a swift motion.

I jogged over to him, peering down at him with judgmental eyes, "You hit an imaginary wall? Or does that only relate to Quint?"

"You think he's imaginary, do you? I thought you knew he was real?" He spoke. I eyed him, offering him my hand and ignoring his question.

He slapped it away before beginning to slowly walk back towards the stairs.

"Answer me" He stated, walking backward up the stairs.

"Miles, he's not real," I said, following him slowly up the staircase. I held my eyes on his gaze, his cocoa eyes meeting my hazel ones.

"You've seen him, that night in the bathroom, he-"

I cut the boy off, "No, I saw you, no man just you"

He shook his head in disbelief.

"Stop lying, Elizabeth" He grunted, reaching the corridor at the top of the staircase. I smirked at him.

"Lying? Why would I lie?"

I tilted my head slightly to the side as he continued to back up to his bedroom, reaching for the doorknob behind him as he thrust the door open.

"You think you're getting in my head, but you're not," He stated as I followed him into his bedroom, shutting the door behind myself. I watched him as he shifted towards the window, throwing it open.

He hovered the envelope out of the window, "Kate is down there" He smirked.

"Miles, don't" I began to stutter. Crap, if Kate finds out I have been digging into her 'private' life, she'd kill me, I thought to myself. Miles could see the fear in my face.

"Now, you're going to do as I say, or I will throw this down to Kate and tell her about the man you've been seeing lately"

I gawked at the boy.

"But, she's been seeing him" I raised an eyebrow at him. Has he been lying to me?

"Maybe she thinks that too" He smiled heavily at me. I frowned at him.

"W-what?" I couldn't think of any other reply. 

What the hell-

"Maybe it was just me she was seeing, and I, well, Flora and I had made her believe it was Quint," Miles replied. I glared at the teenager as he began laughing, hard. "You-you actually believe in ghosts, don't you?"

The question struck me like a brick. Did I?

"That still doesn't explain how you know about what, what I did"

"And, what exactly did you do?"

"I'm not playing your games anymore, Miles"

I threw him a quick glare before turning to face his door.

"You leave, and I'll drop this letter" He stated.

"Miles, what do you want from me? Clearly, you want something" I asked the boy, making my way back over to him.

He held a half-smile at me.

"I want you to tell me what happened that night," He said, staring at me. He moved the envelope from the window and shut it, stepping over to me.

"What night?" I questioned the boy, although I knew exactly which night he meant.

"The one your parents died" He glanced at the floor before darting his eyes back up to meet mine.

I sighed and sat down on his chair while his eyes remained on mine.

"You already know what happened"

"I know, I want to hear it from you"

"Why?" I asked him. 

What the hell is his problem? Why is he so damn interested in me?

"I just don't understand what went through your mind that night, I mean, I lost my parents at a young age, and that messed with me, but to kill them-"

I cut the boy off, "Okay, okay," I said, raising my hand to my hair and running my fingers through it, "I hated them, both of them, what they did...They had it coming"

"What did they do?"

"You already know the answer to that, Miles"

"No, Kate only told me what you did to them, not what they did to you"

I sighed as he sat on his bed before me. He placed the letter down beside him as he held his chin in his palms.

"They were abusive, emotionally and physically. I have scars from what they did to me, my mother didn't want me, said I 'wasn't planned', whenever I'd make a mistake they were always there to punish me for it, not correct me," I could feel my eyes welling with tears at the memory, "My father, he was abusive, he hated me more than her and he proved that"

I flinched at the sight of Miles' hand near my eye before he wiped away a tear. I grasped his hand and pulled it down to my lap.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pushed you," Miles said, patting his mattress beside him. I took his offer and sat next to him.

"You're all living with a 'murderer', you kinda deserve to know" I smirked at him.

He placed his hand on my shoulder, turning me to face him.

"You're not a murderer, Elizabeth," Miles said, his brow furrowing slightly.

He pushed me back down onto his mattress, "Miles," I muttered as he hovered himself over me, "Stop"

"Oh, come on, don't act like you don't want it," He said as he pinned my shoulders to the bed. I placed my hands on his arms.

"You're such an ass"

He smirked, "You know I'm right, you've been lonely since they died, haven't you?"

I scowled heavily at him.

"That's none of your business," I muttered to the boy, "Just, get off of me"

He didn't reply. He leaned his head over my neck, grazing his lips over my skin. My breath got caught in my throat as he did so, my body tingling at the sensation.

I could feel him breathing onto my neck, dropping down to my collarbone. I got goosebumps as he pushed down on the area.

"Stop," I said, attempting to be stern but ending up sounding breathless.

He ignored me and carried on planting kisses over my neck on the collarbone.

I moved my hands to his neck as he moved his down to my waist. I breathed heavily onto his neck as he pushed down harder on my collarbone. I let out a laugh as he did so, "That's not it"

I placed my hands down to his shoulders as he pulled away slightly, staring into my eyes as he spoke.

"I know where it is" He smirked, continuing to bite at my neck once again.

Do I want this? Him? What am I doing? What is he doing?

My brain was swamped with thoughts as he found my sweet spot. I let out a moan, losing almost all control of my body as butterflies filled my stomach.

I felt him smile into my neck as he sucked at the spot. I moved my hands back to his neck, pulling him closer to myself.

What am I doing? Why am I enjoying this? Why am I letting him do this to me? What is wrong with me?

I could feel his hand sliding down to my thigh, but I was too distracted to move it away. I pushed myself against him as he sucked harder on my neck.

As he continued to dominate me, I remembered the night we met and what he had told me, you're vulnerable. He was right.

Damn, why am I so easy to manipulate?

"Miles, please stop" I blurted out in a whisper. He stopped almost immediately and pulled away slightly to look at my face.

He glanced down at my neck before speaking, "Why?" was all he said.

"What do you mean why? I don't want it"

"Your body says otherwise" He laughed lightly.

"W-where did that come from anyway?" I asked the boy and he continued to lean over me, brushing off his last remark.

"What can I say? You're easy to manipulate"

---

This book has been ranked #1 in The Turning for over a month now! Like, I didn't think this book would be ranked so high... Anyways, enjoy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
24M 833K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
1M 33K 78
"π™Ύπš‘, πš•πš˜πš˜πš” 𝚊𝚝 πšπš‘πšŽπš–! πšƒπš πš˜ πš•πš’πšπšπš•πšŽ πš—πšžπš–πš‹πšŽπš› πšπš’πšŸπšŽπšœ! π™Έπš'𝚜 πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽπš’'πš›πšŽ...πšπš˜πš™πš™πšŽπš•πšΓ€πš—πšπšŽπš›πšœ 𝚘𝚏 πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘...
194M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...