All is Found

Da findinglove9499

With her life crumbling around her, worldwide popstar Ashlyn 'Ash' Monroe finds herself standing on the wrong... Altro

Authors Note
Cast List
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Alternative Ending
Hold My Hand

43

2K 107 9
Da findinglove9499

Waking up the next morning to a hangover was something I hoped wouldn't happen. But luck wasn't on my side this morning. By the time I actually got out of bed, Thea was already gone and I wished she was still in bed with me. I finally got up and put some clothes on before leaving my room to go downstairs. When I got downstairs I saw that the mess in the kitchen was all cleaned up and a note was waiting on the kitchen counter. Welcome home my love. ~Thea.

            I smiled at the note and heard the timer go off on the oven. Just as I was about to check what was in the oven I heard a groan come from my couch. I looked over in time to see Alyssa slowly sit up on the couch and rub her head.

            "You look how I feel." I said and turned my attention to the oven. I opened the door and found a French toast bake that looked ready. I took it out of the oven and my mouth started to water.

            "Thea made that after she cleaned the kitchen this morning. You have yourself an angel on your hands." Alyssa sat and walked into the kitchen.

            "Trust me I know." I said and cut a few pieces. I handed one to Alyssa and I took one and sat at the kitchen table.

            "When did you get here?" I asked and took a bite.

            "Around ten. I should have just slept in. You said last night that you wanted to talk about music stuff with me. So here I am." Alyssa said and dove into her piece.

            We both remained quiet in our hungover state and ate some breakfast. After we finished I went upstairs to get my notebooks from my bag I haven't even had a chance to unpack yet and my laptop before rejoined Alyssa at the table. Alyssa made me a fresh cup of coffee and I took a sip before I started talking.

            "I know that you have an offer to present me with from the label about an album and tour. Before we even get into that I wanted to present a counter offer." I said and flipped open my first notebook.

            "Oh a counter offer hm?" Alyssa asked and sipped her coffee.

            "Yea. While I was away I did a lot of song writing. It was a part of my therapy while I was in treatment. I have written so much for an album that is basically already done. This is an album that I need to put out. It's dark and gritty and all about my emotions and feeling about what my life has been like for the last 4 years. I know it isn't what a label is looking for and that's fine but before I put out other new music I need to release this. I am interested in Astralwerks deal and I want to have Jack look at a final offer they present but I need to do this for me." I said trying to convey how strongly I feel about this record I have almost already created.

            "How many songs do you have already done?" Alyssa asked and sipped her coffee keeping her face neutral.

            "None of them are completely finished, I'm going to rework them as I build the music behind it but I think about 15. There are also happy songs too and that can be a follow up album but for this, I want it just to be the heavy stuff because I feel like I have so much to say about the subjects. Then I can tour with both albums material. Kind of like what Ariana Grande did with Sweetener and Thank You, Next. But that's up to the label." I said thinking about the songs in my notebook.

            "I will give them a call to see what they say but I can't promise anything. I'm going to set us up a meeting with them so they can hear it from you what you want to do and we will go from there." Alyssa said and finished the rest of her coffee.

            "Thank you." I said and smiled.

            "Do you have any I could hear now?" Alyssa asked and tried to hide her smile.

            "How dark do you want to go?" I asked and picked up my notebook.

            "I want you to play me a song that can be a single." Alyssa said and followed me into the living room as I walked to the piano.

            "This whole album is like a story. Starting from my days with Bobby, to Asher and Ashley's murder, to going to treatment and then leaving it to having hope again. The first single I could probably put out is about Asher and Ashley, about how hard it was for me to let them go and say good bye. I think I could title it Shadow of the Day." I said and found the page in my notebook I was looking for.

            When I found I brought up a new file on my laptop and played a basic drum kit sample and hit record. This song would need a lot of work on the sound. Most of the songs on this album would be more rock heavy and two of them I want to try and reach out to an artist who screams to have them be a feature on the song.

            I played what I had so far for Alyssa and when I was done I ended the recording and labeled it as the first draft. I turned around to see Alyssa typing on her phone.

            "Thoughts?" I asked.

            "You said this album is like a story for you, do you have two more songs. One that captures your turning point and a hopeful one I can hear a sample of?" Alyssa asked.

            "Yes, but I need my guitar for the next one." I said and ran off to my studio room. I came back downstairs and found Nikki sitting on the couch.

            "Malia left for work?" I asked and took my seat on the piano bench again.

            "Yea, she left with Thea. Are you playing new music?" Nikki asked.

            "She's pitching me the album she wants to make. Whenever you're ready Ash." Alyssa answered as I set up a new file on my laptop and hit record.

            "Okay this one is basically done lyric wise and is going to be striped. It's about finally sitting alone in a room with my thoughts about everything that's happened. It's called Alone in a Room." I said and started to play my guitar.

            This song is really the backbone of the record. I finally got the help that I've needed since Asher and Ashley were killed. I played the song on the guitar in just a basic idea I had. I didn't want to go to deep yet in the melody's because I have a feeling that they are going to change before I get to the final product.

            "That should definitely be a single." Nikki was the first to chime in after I finished the song.

            "I agree 100%. God, your old label was so stupid not to let you write your own songs." Alyssa said and typed away on her phone again.

            "Well we all know how that ended. As for a third single I think this song called Broken Parts is the best. Even though I've been broken there is always a hope to rebuild." I said and started a new file on my laptop to record this song.

            I played this song on my guitar again and thought about the lyrics. I think that this song is also a good portion complete lyrically. Maybe just a few tweaks here and there but other than that I think it's good. When I was done I looked up from my notebook and stopped the recording.

            "That would be a good final song. The hopeful ending." Nikki said.

            "Agreed." Alyssa said and put her phone down.

            Nikki came over to the piano to see what else I have written while Alyssa answered her phone and walked out onto the porch. We didn't pay her any attention as I played Nikki the first song I played for Alyssa. After she listened to it, I got Nikki some of the French toast bake and cup of coffee for breakfast.

            I started bouncing some lyrics back and forth with Nikki on another song I had practically written. We barely got through the song when Alyssa walks back inside with the phone in her hand. Just as I was going to ask her what is going on I got a face time call on my laptop from an unknown New York City Number.

            "Answer the call Ashlyn." Alyssa said and grabbed a kitchen chair and put it next to the piano bench.

            I did as she asked and answered the phone. On the other side of a call is a man in a suit with another man sitting next to him.

            "It's so good to finally see you Ashlyn. I'm Toby Andrews the general manager here at Astralwerks. Alyssa if you would like to lead us in." Toby said.

            "Sure thing, so I've been recording your songs while you were singing and sending them to Toby. After he heard Broken Parts he wanted to talk to you about the album you want to put out." Alyssa said.

            "Yes, I want to hear about the album myself. I think that we can come to terms pretty quick from what Alyssa has already told me on the phone." Toby said.

            I was a little shocked that Alyssa sent those unfinished songs to the GM of the label but I couldn't dwell on it too much right now. Even though I still look like I just woke up I need to impress this man to let me put out the album I want. So I took a few second to collect my thoughts and pitched him the album.

            After I finished I looked over at Alyssa and she gave me a smile. That must mean something good right?

            "I just wanted to say that was a really put together pitch for not having any notice about this Ash. I'm sold on it actually, like really sold. I believe you have a lot to say and people are wanting to hear it. What I'm thinking is that you write this dark and emotional album and then come out with a more hopeful and happier album within a year of its release. As for a time line on this first album I would like it before the summer of next year then the following album before the end of next year. Alyssa has mentioned that you want to take the rest of this year off which I am behind with everything you've been through. But if you want to record before the beginning of next year then that's your call.

            "Once the albums are out there will be a large tour. You will most likely be out on tour for most of 2022 maybe even earlier depending on when you finish the albums. Alyssa and I will be working closely on securing tour dates once we finalize the contracts.

            "I'm hoping to set up a meeting with you to come down to our home office in New York City to formally introduce myself and possible sign the deal in person." Toby said.

            That was a lot of information to take in all at once. It kind of came as a shock that he agreed to this album and it took me a second to recover. Thankfully Alyssa took over for the rest of the call and set up a meeting to go over everything in person. Looks like I need to call Jack and ask for him to come with us.

            When the call finished Alyssa shut my laptop lid and I put my head in my hands taking everything in.

            "Thank you." I said and looked at Alyssa.

            "Like other labels, Toby has been following your career since you came onto the music scene and wanted to sign you. When I came on as your manager, he always spoke of you in such high regards and your music ability. He wants you to put out the music you want Ash." Alyssa said.

            I pulled her into a hug and Nikki joined in and I almost forgot she was here with us. After the love feast died down I gave Jack a call to see what day works best for him for this meeting and Alyssa set up the meeting with Toby.

            What started out as a day that was going to be horrible with this hangover turned out better than I could have ever imagined.

A/N: Song on the side is Alone In A Room by Asking Alexandria, Ash's more hopeful song. i did actually spend the time to sort out an album for Ash and will be posting it when she releases the album.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

9.5K 223 8
A sequel to 'Way Back' [also known as the huge mess Charlie has made]. What if the right person comes at the worst possible time? Would you fix your...
50.9K 2.3K 48
in which a girl writes (but never sends) letters to the girl she loves. TW: Self-harm/suicide *Please read at your own risk, I have made the rating f...
Cupboard Love Da Noi

Storie d'amore

657K 32.2K 45
In a world where nothing is freely given, how much can they give when there may be nothing for them in return? Heartbreaks... Love... Everything in b...
1.7K 104 23
For the hopeless romantics like myself🤭(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...