AOT ~ The Lash Out of the Yea...

By EuphoriaStar9Z

Axl Lexxa Yeager, twin little sister of Eren Yeager, and the daughter of Dr. Grisha Yeager and his wife, Karl... More

2. Town next wall
3. Think a training is hard? Try losing...
4. Graduation? Checked! ... Future? Loading...
5. The past isn't always behind us...
6. It's a cruel world, don't you think?
7. Downhill
8. Rebirth
9. Human or Titan ?
10. On my signal !
11. Humanity's weapon

1. The calm before the storm

372 8 15
By EuphoriaStar9Z

... TO YOU, TWO THOUSAND YEARS LATER ...

Eren's P.O.V.

Watching the birds flapping their wings to fly peacefully across the light blue sky gives me a sensation of freedom. They look so calm. Flying... It must be such a nice feeling. Everything seems weightless up there. The weightlessness takes away every problems that is happening in the district of Shiganshina, on the south edge of Wall Maria. People always seem amazed when they see those birds coming from one side and flying away on the other side of the wall. They get to see what is behind it without getting hurt and devoured by those creatures. Our enemies. The Titans... They are a race of giants which seem to have only one purpose, eat mankind. They exterminate us one by one, to the point of near-extinction. But that's what the stories say. The wall that is protecting the population is about 50 meters in height from bottom to top. We're safe inside the wall...

I am standing in the middle of a street in my hometown, Axl who is my twin sister, Mikasa Ackerman who is my adoptive sister, and Armin Arlet, our best friend, are next to me. Every citizens seem to surround us as well, amazed by what is seen on top of Wall Maria. A hand... A giant red hand. A thick greyish steam is formed behind it as a giant skin-lacking head appears. The shadow of that thing overs the streets, like a thick dark cloud before the rain pours. But this is not a thick dark cloud... And just like that... Everything changed... At that terrible moment, in our hearts, we knew home was a ten. Humanity... Cattle...

Commander's P.O.V.

In the Forest of Giant Trees, the Survey Corps are on galloping horses, ready to attack those Titans. Those giant nude human-like... Those monsters that gobble up every single human on their path... That's just not possible anymore! We have to fight and exterminate them! No matter how long this will take us, no matter how many generations will have to defend our mankind and attack those Titans. No matter how much lives got lose during the process. One day, humanity will have full powers again and will find a way to live peacefully again. This is what will make all the losses, heroes.

- Moving through people! It's on us! Either we secure this ground as fast as possible or it's bad touching! I scream to my soldiers, my horse galloping as fast as it possibly can. There's so much fog... And the blurry sight due to the speed adding all those tall trees surrounding us make it difficult to see around. All soldiers prepare for battle! There's only one target! We will exterminate it and claim this spot as humanity's first stronghold beyond the walls! I exclaim as loud as I can all while staying concentrate on this mission. I'm leading them, I cannot fail! It's not often that a mission is achieved successfully, but I count on achieving this one with success and go back home with pride from my soldiers and myself.

- Target approaching! Suddenly screams, one of the soldiers, alerting everyone. I look up and see a Titan walking around, like it's waiting for us to come eliminate it. I grab my sword out, making a hand signal.

- Split into fives groups just as we practiced! Group one will act as the bait! All assault squads switch to 3D maneuvering gear!! I scream firmly to all soldiers galloping on horses behind me. Instantly, several of those brave men are lifted off their horses by the 3D maneuvering gear while group one spreads from us to be the bait of that beast. I watch them traversing the landscape, helping themselves with those giant trees to surround the Titan. We will have this one! I have faith and hope! Strike from every angle! I shout. The titan is standing there with most of my men surrounding him. He's stuck! One of my soldiers flies toward the back of the nape of the Titan's neck.

- For my brothers... For humanity! I hear him shouting with hate before watching him spinning on himself like a top, both swords in hands like a propeller...

Eren's P.O.V.

The beautiful purple flowers are being illuminated by the rays of the sun shining bright in the clear sky. The light breeze is slightly moving them left to right. It's so calm, so quiet... When, all of a sudden, blood splatters and taints the purple flowers. What...? No...! An open mouth appears but promptly disappears. Then, a man's body is lying on the ground with his face covered of his own blood. Suddenly, the body is getting lifted in the air, like it is a feather... Another picture pops up. A small house is set in a sunlit plain and further, a Titan appears around it, coming out of nowhere. A Titan... In Shiganshina? Suddenly a series of images flashes before me... A fireplace, a bloody face, a room filled with child's toys, an eye with a bee around the sclera... More blood gushes all over the place before I see giant teeth and giant hands picking up a body. What...?

I gasp as my eyes get shot opened, waking up all of a sudden. It was dream... It was just a dream... A very bad dream... I stare at what is in front of me, slowly coming back to reality. The clear sky... Those two birds flying freely in the air. It was really just a bad dream...

Axl's P.O.V.

- Do you think we have enough firewood this time? I ask to my adoptive sister, Mikasa Ackerman. Mikasa, Eren and I are the same age. Though, even if the three of us have the same age, we have our own... Way of being and thinking. Mikasa came in our family not long ago... I'd say maybe a year ago by now. And even though she doesn't share the same blood Eren and I share, I still consider her like my sister. I place the last piece of wood on my firewood carrier before I turn around to look at the girl. Her back is facing me.

- I think there's even more firewood than last time, she answers with her habitual calm voice while staring at the view from the top of this sunset plain. I smile to her answer before looking back at my twin brother. He's asleep, against a tree. How can he sleeps so easily? Mikasa, Eren is sleeping again, I tell her with a light complaining tone. Though, I crack a small amused smile to the sight of my brother's sleeping face. I see the girl faintly smiling back. I approach him quietly before kneeling down to look at him. Mikasa joins my sides. Gently, I place my hand on Eren's shoulder and start shaking him to wake him up. I just hope he won't be grouchy because I woke him up... Eren, I call him once, but he doesn't open his eyes. Eren. Eren! I call him again, saying his name louder and louder until he suddenly jerks out of his sleep. Oh... For a little moment, my brother stares at Mikasa and I alternately, seeming confused of what is happening to him.

- Huh...? Axl? Mikasa? He calls us one by one with his sleepy voice as he slowly comes back to himself. His eyes are still half closed and his hair are lightly messed up.

- Someone was having a nice nap while others were working, I state playfully while watching Eren sitting upright. He looks around him, still having that confused glare plastered over his face.

- We should get back, says calmly and gently, Mikasa to my brother and I.

- Where are we exactly? He asks us with a confused and still sleepy voice. Oh...

- You were that deep asleep that you're still only half-awake? I demand him with a light surprised tone, though, speaking with a playful one. Mikasa stands up and starts to walk away toward her firewood carrier. Giving my hand to Eren, I help him and pull him up along with myself.

- I'm not. I... I just... I don't know. It just feels like the dream I was having went on forever, he explains to us, rubbing his eyes to wake up a little faster. I walk over to my firewood carrier as I see that Mikasa already has hers on her back. But it's gone now. What was it about? I can't remember, I hear my brother whispering to himself, still sounding confused. I put my firewood carrier on my back before turning to look at Eren. He seems to be lost in his thoughts about that dream of his. I wonder what he was dreaming of that it is bothering his mind so much right now... While staring at him with a small frown, I suddenly remark something liquid streaming down his cheeks.

- Eren, have you been crying? I demand him with a concerned tone. Mikasa turns around to look at him, the same concerned look plastered on her face. Eren looks up at us, gasping confused. He brings his hand to his cheek, feeling the tear that escaped his eyes. Why is he crying? What could he have dream about that was so terrible? With Mikasa, the two of us share a confused and concerned look about my brother. Maybe we are getting concerned for nothing... It was just a dream after all... But the tears... Why?

Eren's P.O.V.

- Hearken. These walls are a bulwark gifted by God. Human. Rock. Stone. Water. No my brethren. They are bastions of faith. The will of heaven manifest, I hear the voice of the Wall Worshipper preaching to the community. We aren't even close to the man and we can hear him from here. Even with the streets crowded of people, it echoes thanks to the walls of the houses. Anyway...

Axl, Mikasa and I are walking on our way to home, our firewood carrier on our backs. I kind of have to admit, I can't wait to take the firewood off my back... The town is very crowded at this time. And yet, I don't pay much attention to who is surrounding me beside my twin sister and Mikasa. That dream... It's still bothering my mind. It was so weird and intense. And it felt so real at the same time... I'm glad it wasn't, but the more I think about it, the more it gets frightening. And I can't shake it out of my head. And those tears... I didn't even felt them coming up and rolling down my cheeks until Axl mentioned it. That's embarrassing... I cried in front of two girls after a simple bad dream. Nobody can know about that, not even mom and dad.

- Axl, Mikasa, do me a favor, huh, and don't let anyone know I was crying, I tell to the two girls, one on my left, the other one on my right. I am staring at my feet while walking, too embarrassed to cross my eyes with theirs.

- Yeah, yeah, yeah... Replies, Mikasa, sounding annoyed after remarking my embarrassment. Though, she seems to still be concerned for me. Just like Axe actually...

- Crying is not the end of the world, Eren. It happens even to boys. There's nothing to be ashamed of, I hear my sister telling with a gentle and calm voice, trying to reassure me. Even to boys...

- It's easy for you to say, Axe. You're a girl. Girls cry, I reply with an annoyed tone, using her nickname. I lift my head up to glance at her, lightly looking down. Axl is a little bit smaller than Mikasa and I. She's the baby of the family in age and height... My twin sister was about to protest but instead, she sighs and cracks a small smile.

- Boys or girls, that's not the question, Eren, she replies calmly, not dropping the subject. Crying is just a way to express ourselves when words aren't enough, she tells me with a serious voice, though, always having that calmness in it.

- I don't remember what I dreamed about, Axe, so basically, I was crying over nothing, I reply with an upset tone to my sister which makes her frown at me. The two of us often argue over little things. It's not huge arguments, but we are both stubborn and determine in what we say and do that it just doesn't work sometimes. But that doesn't mean we don't love each other as siblings. She's my twin little sister...

- Till though, you don't even remember why. I would have your dad look into that, tells me gently and calmly, Mikasa. I turn my head to the other side to look at the girl. Tell my father, the Eldian doctor Grisha Yeager... Impossible and unthinkable!

- Right. Stirring up his usual medical thing... I begin to say to Mikasa, speaking with an annoyed and the same slight upset tone I used with Axl. However, I was quickly interrupted by a man blocking our way right after the three of us walked through a tunnel.

- Somebody messing with you? Asks us, a tall and well-built man with short blond hair. He has a thick dark mustache and wears the typical uniform of the Garrison Regiment along with the V-neck shirt underneath. His voice sounded weird...

- Hey, Mr. Hannes, I greet the man with a slight nervous voice.

- Are you just good on me 'cause it's bad side, he tells me with his weird voice, bending lightly over to look down at me.

- No. What are you even talking about? I reply on the defensive, trying to hide as best as I can that I cried. People from the Garrison Regiment can't even less know I cried over something like a bad dream... Again, so embarrassing. In the air, I smell a strong scent of something disgusting. Ugh! I groan with dislike, stepping back from Mr. Hannes. He has been drinking...

- You smell like a tavern, Mr. Hannes, complains, Axl, covering her mouth with her hand as well while grimace with disgust.

- Slowly tears are coming down, sing-song, other men, from the Garrison Regiment. I look behind Mr. Hannes and see three men sitting on barrels, a bottle in their hands. They're drinking instead of doing their work? They never stopped... Probably never will...

- Of course... I hear Axe whispering with an annoyed tone as she stares at them not impressed at all. Actually, none of us three are impressed by them.

- You kids care for a swig? Proposes to us, Mr. Hannes, smiling at the three of us. He sounds well drunk for now... A swig? Us? Kids? Really?

- Aren't you on watch? I demand to Mr. Hannes, looking up at him with a certain blasm air on my face. I mean, the Garrison Regiment is known to be the largest of the Military division. They are supposed to protect and maintain order inside the Walls. How will they do that while being drunk?

- Yup! That's in the old gate we are. Little nip now and then keeps us all on our courage for a spill. Perks of being a guard, tells us, Mr. Hannes, smiling with pride of his status. Perks of being a guard... I frown with madness, not understanding how he can take his job so lightly. Not very exciting job. You get bored by doing nothing, so you always end up with a little peckish. And, you know, since eating makes you thirsty, you have to open a bottle too. It's not the end of the world to drink one or two glasses, he tells us with a drunk and fake innocent tone, trying to look like what they are doing is no big deal. But it is a big deal! Those men are supposed to protect us! Can they protect us like this? Are they showing us the best image of what it's like to be in the Garrison Regiment or any military division? I strongly doubt!

- How do you expect to fight if you're so loose on your feet? I question to Mr. Hannes, raising lightly my voice to express my discontent. I close my fists due to my madness as I frown at him.

- Huh? I hear Mr. Hannes whispering, as he looks at me with a confused look. Now, why on Earth would I have to fight? He questions to me, looking even more confused. Why would he have to fight? Where does he come from when he drinks? Does alcohol have erased his memory?

- What do you think?! One day, they'll break through the walls... We'd be sitting ducks on your watch! I exclaim with madness, almost screaming at Mr. Hannes this time. Why is he acting like this? Why is he so calm and so sure of himself every days? How does he do that while knowing what's outside? Is he naive? Is it the alcohol?

- Eren. Kid. Please... Use your inside voice, complains, Mr. Hannes, grimacing while bringing his hand to his forehead. I'm giving him a headache, now?

- The doc's kid got some fire in him, I hear one of the men of the Garrison Regiment telling me while laughing. They're mocking me? He sounds as drunk as Mr. Hannes... The man stands up from his barrel and comes up to us, a bottle of alcohol in his hand. Right...

- Hey! Don't mock my brother! Warns, Axl, with a mad tone. I am so boiling inside that I didn't remark my sister getting as mad as I am. I hate when she does this. I know it's to protect me, but I don't need her protection. I'm older by 4 munites. I'm the one who should be protecting her, not the other way around. Right...?

- Axl! I call her with a warning tone. My sister looks at me and I frown, telling her I've got this. I don't need her help...! She sighs before looking back at the men.

- Listen, the only thing they've done to the wall in the past hundred years is scratch at it. I have a feeling if they get in their big heads to do something else we'll be more and ready for him, tells us, the man that joined Mr. Hannes sides, speaking in a very drunk way at us. He chew on all of his words, like he has no more control of his mouth... Ugh, I can smell him from here! Even Mr. Hannes isn't that drunk... I think... Or is he just so used to it? Getting madder and madder to them being so naïve, I close my fists even tighter, my knuckles turning white.

- A feeling?! What have any of you actually done to be ready for?! I question them with madness, unable to control it.

- Dad says we've got to stay sharp! I hear Axl replying with seriousness, sounding as mad as I am. I guess it runs in the Yeager's family... Axl and I have that tendency to lose control of our anger quite easily. The only difference between her and I is that she thinks during that moment while I always find myself in a fight... She does sometimes too, but a lot less than me.

- Dr. Yaeger... Yeah, well, begins to say, Mr. Hannes, before sighing, can't argue with a man who single-handedly spared us from the plague. Thing is, he's talking about his scalpel. What we do is in half important, Mr. Hannes turns around, looking at all the people crowding the streets further from the tunnel. All of those people who live thanks to dad. Hey, no disrespect to your father, kids, but a soldier's time beyond the wall kind of tends to put the whole issue into a different perspective. You see 'em groping around out there, mindless, dead-eyed, he tells us with a dead serious tone despite the drunkenness. Them? The Titans...? Wait, he doesn't find them dangerous?

- Wait a minute... Sounds to me like you don't even think that they're all that dangerous, states, Axe, speaking with a confused and a disbelieving tone. Just like I thought... I glance at her before looking back at the two soldiers in front of us. Mr. Hannes turns back around to face us three, shrugging.

- Yeah... Is all he says to us. I quietly gasp in surprise, my madness still well present.

- Oh Great! Didn't we sale the decency to stop calling yourself a Garrison, people might get the wrong idea! I exclaim with madness, still having my voice raise on the men. Both soldiers smile amused. What...?

- Good point! Replies, Mr. Hannes, while laughing at me. They don't take us seriously...! Look at it this way, huh, if a Garrison is actually doing what people think it ought, we're up a creek. Personally, I take a lot of stock in being called a freeloader, means things are good. It's how I can measure peace of mind, responds, the soldier to us, with a calm tone. Yet, the scent of alcohol is still embalming the air. Ought... Things are good? Peace of mind...? How can he feel in peace while being constantly drunk and stuck inside those Walls? Doesn't he wonder what's outside? Doesn't he want to adventure himself there? I close my fists even more, to the point that I feel my nails almost scratching my skin. I'm so pissed!

- Good? We live in a cage. All we do is eat, sleep. That's it! End of story, I say in a low and angry voice while staring at the ground with dark eyes. I can feel Axl and Mikasa's eyes burning me, along with those so called soldiers. We have the peace of mind for livestock, I reply with the same voice I used, trying not to burst out of anger. Anger against their drunk naïve behavior... A small silence takes place between the five of us, making the tension quite heavy suddenly. However, it didn't stay long as the last two soldiers that are still sitting on the barrels begin to laugh at me... At us... I'm not sure.

- Man, you were right about the kids having fire, says, the one on the right, still laughing while talking.

- Careful not to cry it out, laughs, the other one, wiping a tear of laugh. Seriously?!

I groan in frustration and anger, when Axl suddenly steps towards them. What is she... Oh no! I grab her wrist and stop her in her steps. As I said, when she's angry, she thinks first... But then, she also has that wild side coming out sometimes... She turns her head to look at me, frowning. I don't say anything and start to walk passed her. But, just like I did with my twin little sister, Mikasa grabs my wrist to stop me. What...? Both Axl and I look at her with a frown before seeing the girl shaking her head negatively. Quietly, the two of us groan again as we glare at the soldiers which are laughing even louder at us. Great... Not saying a word, Mikasa, Axl and I start to walk away from Mr. Hannes and the other men. My blood is boiling...

Mr. Hannes' P.O.V.

- Hey! Where are you going? I question to the kids with a confused tone as I watch them walking away from us. They leave like that?

- Mouth on that kid... I hear one of the men guarding the gate with me saying in a drunk way while laughing at those three kids. Eren, Axl and Mikasa don't turn around and continue their way, ignoring us.

- They're just kids. Tends to dream bigger than life really wants them to, I whisper to myself as I watch them getting mixed in the crowd of people. Those kids are tough, but they are still so naïve. They seem to realize the danger that those Titans can put the population on, but that's it. They don't know what it's like to fight one. They need to learn. They don't know half of what they're saying today. But they're just kids... They're pardoned for being naïve.

Axl's P.O.V.

On our way back home after leaving those drunk soldiers guarding the gate, the three of us just stay in a heavy silence. It was just so... ARGH! Why did they seem to not care about what we said? We know it has been long years since a Titan came inside the Walls, but everything can change overnight. That's what dad says... I believe him. Eren believes him. I think Mikasa does too, but... I don't know. She doesn't share much her opinion about this, except when saying that the Titans are dangerous.

Eren, Mikasa and I are quietly walking along an incline with houses on our left. A cliff leading to a long fall is on our right. I'm not scared of height. I'm not scared of people. I'm not scared of saying what I think or what I have to say. I'm not scared to fight. And you're going to think that I'm a girl, a kid of ten years old that doesn't know what she's saying... Maybe you're right. Maybe I don't know anything. But I know what I feel and fear. I don't fear those. Maybe it's because I haven't really felt any real and strong fear yet? Or maybe it's because I know I have Eren and Mikasa by my sides unconsciously? I heard things about those Titans. I heard what happened to so many brave soldiers. Pain, wounds, death... Not a lot come back home to their family. Little are the lucky ones. And still, it doesn't scare me like it should. I know it doesn't scare Eren either. My brother wants to join the Scouts Regiment. He is determined to do it. And truthfully... I think a part of me wants to follow him. A girl in the military... You might think there's not a lot of them, but there's quite a few actually. And they are as strong and brave as the men are. I shared with my siblings that I wanted to join the Scouts along with Eren when he told us. Of course, my brother immediately told me that he won't let me do it. He doesn't want me in danger or getting hurt. Blah, blah, blah... I don't want my twin in danger either... Less getting hurt or killed. But, on the field or inside the walls, which one is really safer?

- Eren. Axl. You should let the Scout Regiment thing go, I hear Mikasa telling us with a calm voice. Letting go? How? Eren and I turn to look at the girl who glances at us with seriousness.

- What? Why? Mikasa... I ask and begin to calling her. My voice was full of disbelief and confusion.

- Seriously? Why does everybody think they're a joke? Questions, my brother, interrupting me all of a sudden.

- What people think about isn't really this issue, she answers calmly to the both of us, when the Town bells suddenly begin to ring. The three of us stop walking and look up at the Tower.

- The bells! They're back! I exclaim with a smile, sounding excited as I forget the previous conversation with the Garrison Regiment. I perfectly know what this mean... So does Eren, Mikasa, and everyone in this town.

- Perfect timing! We can make it if we hurry, tells us, my brother, with the same excited tone that I used. Got to move on. I want a good view! He tells us, grabbing my hand with his right one and Mikasa's with his left one. Without waiting, my brother pulls us with him and we start running toward the front gate. No way are we missing this! The three of us run through the streets of Shiganshina, our firewood carrier still on our backs. We slalom between people, trying not to push anyone by accident. Still holding our hands, Eren is in front of us, still leading us to the front gate. I can't wait to see what they've accomplished this time! To see those brave faces. I know some of them must be wounded and other must not even exist anymore. But when soldiers comes back from outside the walls, it's always a pride. We reach the front gate, a huge mass of people already crowding there. Citizens are forming two lines, so that the soldiers can walk in the path we are making for them. Being greet like a hero... I wonder how they must feel every time people congratulate them for their bravery. Cheers and applause are heard from each sides of the soldiers' path. The three of us arrive to the crowd, lightly breathless from the sprint we just take. There's already so many people... I can hear the horses' hooves stepping on the pavement in the streets. Eren and I jump to try to see a little something from the Survey Corpse. But if Eren can't see, it's certain I can't either. I'm a little smaller than him. I can't see! I hear my brother complaining before he continues to pull Mikasa and I with him. I follow him along, not hesitating. I want to see too! Boxes! The three of us go stand on boxes, letting us a better sight above the citizens' head. Well, I have to admit, I'm kind of on my tip toes...

I look around and the first thing I see is a tall blond man riding a horse. He seems lost in his thoughts... Or like he is remembering something... I glance at Mikasa and smile excitedly at her while discretely pointing at the blond man. Mikasa doesn't say a word nor seem to share my excitement to the sight of those brave soldiers. Mmh... I turn to Eren and see him as excited as I am. My brother grips onto my arm. He is probably the only one who understands me for wanting to do the Scouts Regiment. Even though he doesn't want me to... I look back at the soldier on the horse and remark that he is looking at us. Oh! I smile at the man with amazement when this one lowers his head. Oh... What? Why? Confused and shocked by his reaction, I glance at Eren. My twin brother shares the same emotions. Confusion and shock... Eren looks down at me and lightly shrug. Oh my God... Further behind the tall blond man, few soldiers are badly wounded. One of them has a bandage circling his head and passing over his right eye. A small pool of blood is tainting it and his cheek. Another soldier is helping him walking, himself limping. Behind them, another men has all the bottom of his face wrapped up with blood on it. The fatigue is written all over his face, especially on the black bags under his eyes. And a bit more behind them, few more soldiers are pulling a small cart. A man is lying on that cart, looking unconscious. His arm is held by a tissue like dad does when someone breaks their arm and blood is invading the fabric of his trousers. Despite how much I am amazed and excited every time I see the Survey Corpse, I do realize the danger they put themselves into. When they come back, all we see is men being patched up as best as they could with stuff they had on them, their own blood covering them, and their faces... The expression on the soldiers' faces... They don't show pride, joy or anything that we could think they would show. All we notice are frowns, an upside down smile and a deep silence.

- Sure they had a Hell of a day, I hear a man standing before us whispering to another one. What...?

- Yeah, rest of them got eaten, adds, the other man, sounding disappointed as he scoffs. People are disappointed... They judge their defeat, instead of getting in their boots... That's what happen when pride takes you outside the walls, he finishes to say with the same disappointment. Are they serious?

- Moses! Moses! I suddenly hear a woman of a certain age calling for someone. She sounds so confused and worried. The woman approaches the commander. Where is my son? He should be with you all, she says with the same confused and worried tone. I see her looking around desperately to find the familiar face of her son. Though, she rapidly seems to get emotional. Oh, please tell me he made it, she pleads the commander, grabbing him by his green cap with the famous blazon of the Survey Corpse. Wait, her son didn't make it?

- I wish I had better news, he answers to the woman before turning to one of his soldiers next to him. Give it to her, he orders to his soldier. The man doesn't say a word and does his commander said. I watch him handing something wrapped up to the woman. What's in it? Is it...? The woman slowly lowers her head from the commander to look down at the wrapped up thing, a lost expression on her face. She looks scared. With a shaking hand, she takes off some of the wrap and let a hand appearing in everyone's sight. Oh... She rapidly closes it again and begins to cry. I'm sorry. That's all that was left of him, I hear the commander apologizing to this poor woman. She lost her son... From the top of the boxes I am standing on, I watch the woman sinking to the ground, holding the arm of her son against her. Her cries is all that is heard in the middle of the street. Her deep emotions hit every single citizen crowding the soldiers. We can feel her emptiness... I frown with sadness as I grab my brother's hand, squeezing it tightly. I feel him squeezing my hand back. With my other hand, I grab Mikasa's one which she grips it back. My twin brother, my adopted sister... They both mean so much to me. Even if Mikasa has been in our family since a year, she means a lot to me.

- He did good... Yes... He was great... I hear the woman saying through her cries. The commander kneels down in front of the grieving mother. All soldiers are waiting behind. All citizens are watching the tragic scene, sharing the woman's emotions. Tell me my son stood his ground to the bitter end. That his death meant something! Tell me his sacrifice was for a better chance! She asks to the commander with a pleading tone as I see her tears streaming down her face. She wants to know if her son's death meant something... The commander stares at her for a moment, seeming speechless. Why isn't he speaking back to her? He looks affected...

- He was brave! He answers to the poor crying mother. She stares at him, pride flashing her face despite her loss. But... Sacrifice meant nothing, so with all it was, it's... It's never the same, he tells her, before lowering his face. What...? The commander pauses in his talk, seeming to struggle to find his words. The day was lost! We have nothing! Your son died because of me. I sent him to his death! Screams with anger and sadness, the commander, losing it in front of everyone. His eyes are watering up quickly before the tears stream down his cheek. The commander is crying... In front of the crowd... I sent all of them to their death! And there's nothing to shout for it! He continues to shout and cry to his defeat and to the loss of his soldiers. Everyone stays quiet, contaminated by the emotions spreading around this area. The commander has lost it... They usually don't say a word when they come back...

The commander stands back up, clearing his throat as he watches the poor woman with pain and sorry. She stays kneeled on the ground, holding the arm of her dead son closely to her heart. Suddenly, all of the wounded soldiers, along with their commander, start to walk away with their head down. They are so inspiring for so many people, probably mainly to kids like us. They all look so strong and brave. And yet, to some people they are just a joke... No one knows how it's like over there, behind the walls. No one knows what it feels like to lose a friend, a son, a soldier in a battle against the Titans. No one knows what it feels like to watch someone you know getting devoured by those Titans... Not even Eren, Mikasa or I. And yet, the survivors are either treated like heroes by some or weak by others. I know what I think about them. And I'm pretty sure Eren and Mikasa think like me. Those soldiers are heroes. They give their lives for us to have a peaceful one. There's no need to be an adult to understand this...

Eren's P.O.V.

I watch the soldiers walking away from the crowd, head down. It went that bad outside the wall... They lost so many soldiers on the field. Those Titans... It's their fault, not the commander's fault. He didn't drew them to their death. He and those soldiers are heroes. They fought bravely. Seeing them covered of their own blood, wounded, that woman mourning and crying her dead son, the commander shouting and crying after so much effort... Nothing has changed my mind. It's a shock, but it doesn't change my mind. I still want to be part of this. I still want to go behind those walls and see what's there. I want to fight those things! I turn my head and glance at my twin sister and Mikasa. As always, they don't seem frightened by this sight, but their facial expression shows different emotions. Mikasa seems worried while Axl still seems determined to join the Survey Corps. She's so stubborn... I don't want her to join the Scouts Regiment. I'll fight her to stop her if I have to. I don't understand why she wants to join the Survey Corps so bad after I told her I wanted to. I just don't want her to get hurt...

- Uplifting, huh? I hear a citizen saying with a disappointed tone while he watches the Survey Corps walking away. What...?

- Oh sure. Nothing like seeing our hard-earned taxes go toward keeping those bastards fat and happy on human gristle, I hear another citizen commenting, scoffing. What?! Upset, I grab a piece of firewood from Axe's firewood carrier and hit the man on his head. Huh? The man places his hand over his head where I've hit him as I hear Axl and Mikasa lightly gasping. The man turns to us and I frown madly at him for thinking this about those soldiers. He doesn't know what it's like outside, why does he criticize? The man frowns annoyed and upset at me. You little punk! He tells me with madness. Angry, I was about to hit him again when someone grabs me by the collar and pulls me with it. Huh? Axe is jogging next to me, frowning bothered. Oh...

- Hey! What are you doing, Mikasa?! I ask to the girl dragging me with her, using a serious tone all while struggling to fight her back. If Axe is next to me, it can only be Mikasa...

- Yeah, that's right! You've better run! I hear the man who criticized the soldiers yelling at me with anger. I see the man gesturing madly until we take a turn to the right. He vanishes out of my sight.

- Alright, I get it! Stop already! I say to Mikasa with a mad and annoyed voice as she continues to bring me along with her. Axl follows us, holding onto her firewood carrier on her back. Suddenly, I am being thrown into a wall, making me groan before I land on the ground. The firewood carrier...! It's broken now! Grunting, I sit upright as I look up at Mikasa with a mad look. Oh great, firewood everywhere! Perfect! I say with a complaining tone as I start to gather some of the firewood that fell down the carrier. Suddenly, she pushes Axl next to me, surprising my sister. Axl falls on her butt, making the two of us to look up at Mikasa. Hey, watch it! I warn Mikasa as I lightly move forward to get before Axe, protecting her. Even though I know Mikasa won't truly hurt her...

- So, I hear Mikasa starting to say, are you two still bound and determined to become one of them, the Scouts? She asks us with a serious tone, looking down at us. Her eyes go from Axe to me, over and over again. The three of us stay in a long and deep silence. Of course, I am still bound and determined to join the Scouts. What I've seen doesn't change a thing. I glance at my twin next to me, seeing her staring at the ground with a frown... A determined frown. I know her so well that just reading her face is enough to know what she thinks... Staying quiet, Axl starts to pick up the wood. I look back up at Mikasa for a second before starting to pick up the firewood scattered on the ground.

- Help me pick this up, I simply say to Mikasa.

- Like there is much to begin with, she whispers while approaching us to help. Mikasa crouches down and grabs few of the firewood before handing them to me. I take them and hold them against my chest since the firewood carrier is broken and the three of us take back our way to go home. Though, Mikasa kept a few to help me carry them home. Just like Axl actually... It took us a bit less than ten minutes to go back home. I climb up the stairs in front of our home first before opening the front door. The two girls are following me behind. Hey, we're home! I exclaim to my parents as I hold the door for them to come in.

- Welcome back, kids, greets us, mom, turning around from the dish she is preparing to smile warmly at us. Dad turns around as well, faintly smiling. He seems more concentrated in paper work than us. As always... I step over to the wooden chest and put all of my firewood in it. Axl lets her firewood carrier next to the chest so I can put them in it as well. Wow, somebody worked hard to keep up the fuel for the next several days, I hear mom complimenting me as I empty Axl's firewood carrier in the wooden chest. Huh... Oh... Yeah...

- Whatever, I whisper as I look down frustrated. I just keep thinking about the Survey Corps, those wounded men and the discussion with Mikasa asking Axe and I if we are still determined to join the Scouts. Suddenly, I feel mom grab my cheek and pinching it. What was that for? I question her with a confused and annoyed tone.

- Your earlobes red which means you've got something to hide, I look down, frustrated. The girls helped you again, now, didn't they? She asks me, teasing me as I hear Axe and Mikasa lightly giggling. Mmh... After the dish was finally cooked and mom finishes to wash the dishes, all three of us sit at the table. Mom serves us a plate to eat while dad continues working. I wonder what he could be writing about?

- Hey, what are you up to, dad? A patient? I ask him with a curious tone while eating the dish in my plate. I'm so hungry!

- Yes. Some folks in the interior should be back in about a week or so, he answers to me with a serious and calm tone. I hum positively as I finish rapidly my plate. Axe has barely touched it. She seems to have her mind bothered by something. She's thoughtful... I stare at her with a light concerned frown, thinking what could bother her so much.

- So, hum... Eren and Axl are thinking about joining the Scouts, I suddenly hear Mikasa admitting and informing to our parents. What...? I turn to look at my adoptive sister, looking at her with disbelief for a moment which is rapidly replaced by an annoyed and upset frown. Axl looks up at her too, getting out of her thoughts to have the same expression as me plastered over her face.

- Way to keep a secret, Mouth... I begin to say with a mad voice.

- You were supposed to keep it to yo... Interrupts me, Axl, sounding as upset as I am. Why did she say it? And why including Axl? I already said it, I'm not letting my twin little sister joining the Scouts.

- Get that ridiculous thought out of your head this instant you two, she says while looking severely at Axl. It's not a place for women! Women don't fight and aren't aggressive or cruel! Mom turns to me, the same severe frown on her face. No children of mine are going to be fodders. Do I make myself absolutely clear? Yells, mom at Axl and I. Axe moves from her chair to come stand next to me after mom motioned her to move. We were facing each other, not anymore. Our mother comes standing before the two of us, an angry frown plastered over her face. That's exactly why we didn't say anything. Because of her reaction...

- Stop yelling at me! I scream back with an upset tone.

- Girls can fight just as well as men. Even better maybe! Screams back, Axl, trying to prove that she is tough enough to handle what's going on in the Survey Corps. Well, maybe she is, but it's no way I'm letting her getting hurt or worse...

- Don't you dare...! Begins to yell at us again, mom, as she grabs firmly my left arm with her hand and Axl's right arm with her other one.

- Eren. Axl, the two of us turn around to look at our father, surprised of the calm tone he is using. The outside... You really have no idea, he tells us with a serious tone, trying to make us change our mind. But my mind is clear, I know what I want to do. And I also know who I have to stop from doing this.

- Yeah, I get it, okay? But it's got to be better than this life! I exclaim to my father who faces us calmly. I'm not stupid. I know it's ugly out there. I know there is death around every corner but, we can't just give up on it. Because otherwise this nightmare will never gonna end! I reply with seriousness to my father, screaming out of anger. Why nobody understands us? A silence takes place inside the house. Though, my anger adding mom and Axl's one make the tensions rising up.

- I see, is all our father respond. That's it? He doesn't scream back at us like mom did? Axl, why do you want to join the Scouts? Your mother's right, it's not a place for women, he asks and tells to my twin, looking down at her. I glance at Axe for a small moment, seeing her unsure. Our parents aren't supporting me, but they are even less supporting her... Though, her unsure look quickly goes away as determination takes place over her face.

- I want to know what the outside world is like, dad. I don't want to live my entire life in ignorance inside the walls! Plus... If no one else is willing to take their place, then the lives all who've died will be for nothing! She responds with seriousness, her voice lightly raised like I did. We don't usually raise our voices on our parents, but we kind of had to right now... I think... Even though we know it isn't respectful.

- I see, repeats, dad before he stands up from his chair. What? I feel Axe grabbing my hand in hers, her squeeze being so tight. She's nervous... I look down at our hands for a second before looking back at our father. What is he doing? I squeeze back Axe's hand tightly as well. The two of us together are strong, but we're still just kids for now. Excuse me. My boat's about to leave, I better get going, he tells us with his usual calm voice before heading toward the door. That's it?

- Hold on, darling! Scold the children for Heaven's sake, says, mom to dad, pleading him to do something about us. Axe and I share a look together, the two of us seeming confused about what is going on. It's not really how we pictured dad's reaction though...

- Scold them? He asks with a surprised tone. Dear, please, think this through. Near words won't hold back the kids curiosity, he answers to mom, turning to face her as he stands in the doorway of our house. Then, he looks back at us. Eren, behave while I'm gone and I'll let you in on what I've been doing in the cellar. Agree? It goes for you too, Axl, tells us, our father, showing us the key he keeps under his shirt day and night. The cellar... I've dreamed to go in it to see what is going on down there. Always wondering what dad was doing for hours... And Axl will see it too. Wait, dad is okay for Axl to join the Scouts? Why? Argh, I'll mind that later...

- Yes, sir! I reply at the same time as Axl, doing a unison with our voices. My eyes just keep staring at the key shining under the sun. Dad turns around and starts to walk away from home to go get his boat. Both, Axl and I run outside, following him down the stairs. Mom and Mikasa stays on the doorway, watching dad leaving.

- Have a good trip! I scream at him, waving my arm. I'm so excited! I will see what's in the cellar once he is back! Axl seems as excited as I am, a huge smile plastered over her face. Her eyes are sparkling with happiness.

- I meant what I've said, kids, we suddenly hear our mom saying. Huh? The two of us look up at her, confused. The whole idea is just irresponsible, tells us, mom, sounding upset at us.

- Huh? Irresponsible? So what? It's more grown-up to settle for living in fear behind some stupid walls your whole pointless life, asks and states madly, Axl to our mom. Why doesn't mom change her mind? Dad took it well, why not her? Axe is getting madder and frustrated, just like I do. Without warning, Axl starts to run rapidly away. No wait... I follow my twin behind, frowning madly after this argument.

- Axl! Eren! I hear our mother calling for us, but neither of us stop. We just keep running and running through the streets. I forgot how fast she runs. She might be small, she still always beat us up at race...

Mikasa'a P.O.V.

- Mikasa, calls me, Karla. She turns around and grabs me by the shoulders. They need to get protected from themselves. Axl is smart but loses it too fast and Eren gets easily in trouble. Promise me whatever happens I can count on you to have their back, she demands me with a serious and pleading tone, her eyes staring in mine. I have to protect them... She didn't even had to ask. I would have done it no matter what. I nod positively to Karla before starting to run after the twins.

Axl's P.O.V.

I am running as fast as I can through the streets of Shiganshina, all while trying not to push someone on my way. I can't believe Mikasa told my parents about Eren and I wanting to join the Scouts. Mom's reaction was exactly what I've expected but dad's... Why was he surprisingly so calm? And so understanding in a way... And the cellar... He wants to show us the cellar where he spends so many hours in... Are we grown-up enough for him? I didn't show it back at home, but it kind of hurt me to hear my parents saying that the military isn't a place for women. Do they think I am not strong enough?

I take a turn on the left, my breathing being already a mess from all the running. But my emotions keep me going. I have to. I need to evacuate my feelings that way instead of screaming or fighting like Eren does...

- Hey, where's the sacrilege now, huh? I hear a sudden boy asking to someone else. A groan is heard followed by a thud. Does your philosophy say it's wrong to fight back, continue to say, the boy. Someone's getting bullied? I continue my way toward the voice which should be around this corner.

- As a matter of fact it does! Exclaims a familiar voice. Armin! I don't want to lower myself to your level. I'm better than that, he replies to those brutes, his voice staying calm and lightly straight.

- Repeat what you said to see?! The bully screams at my friend as I run around the corner, entering the street. There! Armin is up against a wall, a boy taller and most certainly older than us holding him by his collar.

- Take a good hard look at yourself and tell me you're not acting like one. You know I'm right! You resort to violence because your brain is the size of a walnut, replies and defends himself, Armin, staying up against the wall. I have never seen Armin fighting with anyone. And I'm not sure I will one day. He's always so calm and so... Rightful. His way of talking to people is remarkable though. So pummel me all you want, I've already won.

- Yeah, well, you know what? I'm a sore loser! Replies, the bully, raising his fist to hit Armin. No! I approach them more and more, only few steps separating us now. The bully's friends notice me, a surprised expression on their faces. I reach them quickly and push the boy off Armin, protecting my friend. I stand before him, my fists closed tightly out of anger. Stealthy... Always the same ones...

- Back off! I scream at them, frowning angrily to the three bullies. The one who grabbed Armin stares at me as his two friends share a look together. Seriously? They'll stop for once? Suddenly, the three of them burst out laughing at me. Oh... Without having time to react, the boy grabs me and throws me to the ground. I groan, feeling my knee getting scratched on the ground. I get back up immediately, ignoring my scratched knee. Armin needs my help... I run back to him but he easily pushes me back to the ground. My hands are the first ones to get in contact with the ground, scratching them.

- Hey! That's my sister! I suddenly hear Eren's voice yelling at the guy who pushed me down twice. I look up and see my twin brother sprinting towards us with rage over his face.

- It's Eren! Shouts, one of the boys, before laughing.

- That idiot's back for more?! Says, the one who pushed me down, using sarcasm.

- You think he would have learn his lesson... I hear a third one stating. They all sound so happy... What makes them so happy to hit on kids like us?

- Leave this one to me, says the first boy, cracking his fingers to get ready to fight my brother. No... I get back up, frowning angrily at them. I hate them!

- Oh crap! She's with them, I hear the boy who pushed me twice, swearing with fear flashing through his eyes. Huh? She...? Just run! He screams to his friends before the three of them start running away like wimps. YES!! My brother joins my sides, breathless but satisfaction plastered on his face.

- That's all it takes! One mock and I'm just that scary, states, my brother, with a smile while watching those wimps turning around the corner.

- No, it was Mikasa they saw... Replies, Armin. Oh... I turn around and see Mikasa standing there, behind us. Of course... they did say "she" before running away...

- Unconscious! I hear Eren telling me with a mad tone. Huh? I turn to look at my brother and feel him grabbing both my hands. You're hurt! Look, he states while showing me my bleeding hands. And look at your leg, I look down and see my blood rolling down from my knee. You have to be careful with brutes like these! What were you thinking? He screams at me with an upset tone. Though, I know that when he gets upset like this, it's because he is being protective over me. I crack a faint smile at him while shrugging. Suddenly, we hear Armin groaning as he gets up, helping himself with the wall. Hey! You okay Armin? Questions, my brother to our blond friend, reaching his hand out to help the boy. For a moment, I see Armin staring at my brother's hand. It's like he is hesitating...

- I can get up on my own... He replies calmly, standing up on his own like he said. Oh...

- Oh... Okay, says reluctantly, Eren, taking a step back to let some space for our friend.

Armin's P.O.V.

- They just heard me rattling on about how men kinds future lead beyond the walls. Stealthy understood half of it but still, idiots, I tell to my three friends, the four of us sitting close to the river. Watching the water moving in sync perfectly makes it peaceful in a way. Mikasa is passing some water over Axl's bleeding hands and knee to clean them a little bit.

- Why can't people just let us dream? Questions, Eren, throwing a rock on the water which sinks instantly to the bottom. He is still mad, I can see. And so is Axl. They already looked pissed when they came to help me. I don't think this anger comes from the bullies that was hurting me, it has to be something else...

- The Walls are a powerful idea. We've survived for a hundred years because of them. No one's been on tempting fate. I may not agree with that sentiment but I can see where they're coming from. It's human nature, guys. When all said and done, the government policy are a reflection of our fear, I explain and remind to my friends, speaking calmly and gently. I bring my knees to my chest, letting my head resting on them.

- Yeah, the rest of the herd, maybe, but I said Hell with them, replies, Axl, with a certain madness in her voice. I look at her and see her frowning as she stares at her wounded hands.

- Someone's gonna hear you, complains, Mikasa to the girl. We all look at her with a slight surprise. She hasn't said a word since she made those bullies running away. Keep it down, she tells to Axl, frowning upset. Mikasa is upset with them? Or is it the conversation that is upsetting her?

- What do I care? You rat Eren and I either way, she replies to Mikasa, sounding upset against the girl. What...? Mikasa told to Doctor Yeager and his wife about Eren and Axl wanting to join the Scouts?

- I never promised you two anything, responds, Mikasa, staring at the water with the same frown as earlier.

- Your folks know about the Scouts? I question with surprise to the twins which makes the both of them to look at me.

- Basically... And they're not too pleased, answers, Eren, sounding disappointed and frustrated that his parents are most probably refusing them to join the Scouts. Well, it's understandable. Sending their children to a potential death would scared everyone.

- Yeah, big shock, I reply while lightly sighing. The wind starts to lightly rise, making the tip of my hair flying back and forth. It's sad that most people here are willing to settle for an exchange for some fleeting sense of security, you know? I begin to say to my friends with my calm tone, staring lost at the moving water. And make no mistake, it absolutely is fleeting. The walls can't hold forever. Only a matter of time... I say with a serious tone, a part of me actually fearing this reality. The walls are strong, but it doesn't mean the Titans will never pass through it. It would be ignorant to think we will live peacefully like this forever... All of a sudden, the wind stops. Everything is quiet. None of us talk. Only the sound of the water is heard until...

Axl's P.O.V.

The four of us are sitting quietly nearly the river when a suddenly explosion goes off and a minor but strong earthquake occurs. The ground shakes, making Eren, Armin, Mikasa and I to fall of the rocky stairs we were sitting on. What was that? What happened? My siblings, Armin and I all get back up on our feet and turn around to look at where the front gate is. It seems to have come from there...

- What was that?! Questions, Armin, passing his hand over his head after probably having bumped it on the ground. I glance at the small alleyway leading to the main street and remark that citizens of Shiganshina are getting agitated. What's going on? I begin to run toward the alleyway, curious.

- Axe, what are you doing? I hear Eren asking me as he runs quickly after me. I ignore my brother and continue my way to the main street. When I enter it, all I see is people facing the front gate and looking up. Looking up really high. All faces show surprise and shock at the same time. Even disbelief... What...? I follow their sight when I see something I thought I would only see even in my nightmares. Hey, stop being so reckless and tell us what you see, tells me, Eren, with an upset tone, now standing next to me. I don't answer him and keep staring at the same direction, seeing the same thing as seconds ago.

At the top of the wall, above the front gate, a giant red hand is seen. A thick steam is flying right behind it like something is or was burning. What is this...? It can't be... The giant red hand is grasping onto the wall tightly... So tightly that it formed deep cracks, but it doesn't do much damages. Still staring at the wall with stupor, I suddenly feel a hand grabbing mine firmly. I don't move, I don't talk, but I squeeze the hand back knowing it can only be my brother's. That thing... That giant red hand... And coming from the other side of them wall... It can only be one thing...

- It can't be. Th-That wall...is fifty meters high! Exclaims, Armin, with a disbelieving and shocked tone.

I haven't blinked once since I saw that hand on top of the wall, too scared to miss something. It just so... How is it possible? And just when we thought the hand was already something impressive, a giant head appears from behind the wall. Some part are red like the blood and some others are white like bones. It's like it is un-fleshed. Steam is coming out of its skin... Mainly from the left. What...? Oh my God...! As the head raises more and more in our sight, its shadow hovers over a good part of the town, just like a thick cloud before the rain. Its eyes look so dark from here... Fifty meters high... If the walls are fifty meters high like Armin stated, how tall is that... Titan? Eren, who is still holding my hand, tightens his grip even more. It's not fear... I don't think it is at least. It's not the same grip. It feels more like... Amazement and protection mixed all together. I grip back as tight as he does, giving him back the same emotions. Though, a part of me does feel scared at this moment. Are all Titans that tall? Do they all look like this?

All citizens are still standing still, staring amazed at the creature. It's so silent that it gives a heavy tension around here... Around the whole town. People seem lost by what they are seeing. Lost because they didn't think they would ever see this one day... The Titan... Why is it here today? Why, after a hundred years of peace, is it standing behind those walls? I bring my second hand to the one already gripping onto Eren's, giving myself some comfort, I guess... What's going to happen?

All of a sudden, a very strong current of wind blows though the city. People, houses, materials... Everything is getting carried by the strength of the wind. Oh my God... He broke the gate, opening it for any Titans to come in... Isn't it? The top of the tower flies off, passing over us and landing hundred yards further. Debris from the stone gate falls viciously on various houses throughout the town. No... People start to run on the opposite way, screaming and even yelling their heart out. Fear... They are frightened like never before. I think I am too. Or maybe the confusion and not understanding what is going on makes me scared... Either one, I fear right now. None of us have moved yet, too shocked by what happened. Even people screaming around us don't make us react. Armin falls onto his knees, shaking of fear on the ground. Above the wall, the red giant Titan suddenly disappears along with the steam. It just vanished... Like a finger snap.

- I-It...Opened a hole in the wall... Whispers, Armin, his voice shaking with fright. It did open the wall... With wide eyes, I stare straight in front of me as my heart is suddenly starting to beat in my ears. Is this real? Is all of this really happening? Or am I going to wake up soon?

- The Titans have gotten inside! I suddenly hear a citizen yelling in deep fear to everyone that could hear him. They're inside... For real... It's real. Mom... Where are you? People get even more agitating in the streets. The fear is not only taking possession of few citizens anymore, but the whole town is affected now. Armin stands back up, shaking his head negatively. Finally, I find the strength to move. Wait, am I? My feet are moving... But I'm not the one... Why am I walking toward the Titans? My hands... They are still holding Eren's. He's walking, too. He's bringing me with him.

- We have to go! Eren! Axl! I hear Arming screaming for us, his voice slightly breaking. What...? All people are walking in the opposite direction of us.

- Our house is in that direction! Mom... Responds, Eren, before he whispers with nervousness. He's scared? I look at my twin, surprised... Or shocked. Mom... Mom! She has to be okay...

Armin's P.O.V.

- Mikasa! I call the girl who is running after the twins. No... I stretch my hand out to stop her, but instead, I stopped myself. I'm shaking... I'm badly shaking. I'm so scared... The Titans have gotten in, it's done for us, isn't it? With my other hand, I grab my shaky arm to hold it. This is the end. It's all over...They're inside... Every last one of us is going to be devoured! I say to myself with a panicked voice, the tears coming up in my eyes.

Axl's P.O.V.

Eren, Mikasa and I are still madly running through the streets, witnessing the tragedy this giant red Titan caused. People are crying of fear, screaming of agony... Strong emotions are felt in every corners of every streets, invading the whole town. Eren is lightly in front of me, his hand still holding mine firmly as he pulls me with him in his run. I can't believe it's really happening... Titans are in Shiganshina... They broke the wall and now they're about to eat every single human here... It can't happen like that. Some people will live! I believe it! And mom will be part of those living people. We'll find her and we will run away all together... Right...? Eren accidentally shoves a man sprinting in the opposite direction of us, but neither of them seem to mind it. Emotions are taking over. Fear is taking over. I look down at my legs, seeing them moving so fast and regularly all while feeling like I am not controlling my body. My legs move, but I didn't give them the permission to. It's like in my brain, everything stopped. But Eren pulling me along with him makes me react, I guess... We run passed a woman and her child, hearing and seeing them crying and screaming in despair. A man is lying on the ground in front of them, half crushed by a huge stone. Blood is filling the ground, dirt getting mixed with the reddish liquid. The woman is shaking her presumably husband, hoping he will wake up and they'll run away from this nightmare. Death... Just the word sounds so dark and cold. I frown with sadness as nervousness is taking possession of me. Mom will be fine... When we will be at our house, she'll be fine... She has to be! I grip tighter on Eren's hand, suddenly feeling like this slow motion of everything going on around me is going back to a normal speed. The feelings, the screams, the crying, and the running... It's suffocating and contagious...

- Eren? I call my brother through our heavy and fast breathing. I'm scared... He's scared... We're scared... I turn my head and look at Mikasa behind us. Her eyes are showing nervousness and sadness. Even she is scared... Eren ignores my call and keeps running straight towards our house. Eren! Eren, mom will be okay. I know she will! I tell him with a serious tone, not wanting to believe that an alternative can exist. Our mom is strong, she must have left already... Maybe she's even looking for us. I am still waiting for Eren to respond, needing to hear him saying what I believe. Eren?

Eren's P.O.V.

Our house is fine! Our house is fine! We'll turn the corner and it's going to be standing there in one piece just like always... I hear Axl calling for me, trying to reassure me the best she can. She feels it... She feels my fear, and I feel hers. I do fear. I fear mom won't be okay. I fear to lose my home, to lose what I have only known for 10 years. I grip tighter onto Axl's hand as we take the corner to the left. Our house... No... It's wrecked... The roof collapsed, leaving rubble scattered on the rocky ground. It's impossible... It's a living nightmare!

- Mom! Mom! I shout in unison with Axl, the two of us calling with despair for our mother. To my surprise, Axl suddenly speeds up, joining my sides as we rapidly reach the house. Mom... She trapped under the roof. No...!

- Eren! Axl! I hear my mother calling the two of us when Axe and I release each other's hand at the same time. There's no time to lose and we know what we have to do. Axl goes standing next to Mikasa and grabs the roof with her two hands. She starts to pull it off, trying to deliver our mother with all the strength she has in her body.

- Guys, come on! Screams, Axe to us, grunting as she struggles to push the roof off mom. It didn't even move...

- Mikasa! Grab that end and hold it with everything you've got! I say to my adoptive sister, my voice shaking with fear. It's shaking... Without wasting time, Mikasa and I join Axl, pulling as hard as we can on the roof to lift it up. Come on! Argh, it's so heavy! But I swear it moved... It-t moved, right? Oh... As I continue to try to lift up the roof, I feel the ground trembling under my feet. It's not an earthquake. It feels more like... Footsteps. I gasp and lift my head up to see further in the street behind my collapsed house. No... Not now... Not already... Mom is still under the roof! Titans are adventuring themselves through the city, destroying everything on their way. Houses, wheels, stores... Eating people... Everything. We have to move... Hurry up, dammit! I scream to my sister and Mikasa, going back to lift up the roof.

- I'm trying! I hear Mikasa replying with nervousness in her voice.

- Mom, it's okay. Don't worry. We'll get you out of here, I hear Axl telling her with a serious tone. I glance at my sister, seeing her determined. She's so scared though... Her arms are trembling. And I'm not saying this because she is using all her strength to lift up the roof, but because her whole body is shaking. She just hides it the best she can... But how? How can she hide it? Hold on, mom! She tells to our mother, grunting again while trying to lift it up so hard.

- It's them... You've got to get out of here, I hear mom telling us with a serious tone, seeming to not be fearing for herself. She's scared for us... But the Titans... They'll eat her... I ignore mom's demand and continue to pull up the roof along with the two girls. Eren! Just take your sister and Mikasa and run! Go! She yells at me with a stern tone.

- I want to more than anything! But first I need you on your feet! I yell back at her, speaking with a determined tone to get her out of here. I know we will all be fine. It's just a question of seconds...

- We're not going anywhere without you, mom! We're not leaving you! Yells back, Axl, still grunting due to the strength she's putting in this.

- Kids, listen to me. My legs have been crushed. Even if you can get me out of here, I can't run, informs us, mom, her eyes staring straight in front of her with all kind of emotions in them. I stop trying to lift the roof up along with Axl. The two of us share a shocked glance before we look down at our mother. Tears are getting formed in my eyes. No... There's no time! Do you understand what that means? She asks us with a shaky voice, suddenly sounding scared.

- Whatever! We'll carry you if we have to! Yells, Axl, going back to lifting up the roof off from her. Her face... Her voice breaking when she yelled... She's crying. But she's not letting go. She's not abandoning. She not giving up. I stare at Axl, a strange sensation feeling inside of me. I know Axe can be determined and a little rebel sometimes, but I've never seen her so... Persevering. I think I haven't...

- Will you just shut up and listen to me for once in your life! One thing I'm asking you! One. Thing! Shouts, mom, her voice breaking as well. No! I join back Axl and pull as hard as I can on the roof. It will move now! It will move... Now! Come on! Mikasa make them, I hear my mom imploring Mikasa to take us and to run away. Though, nothing happened. Mikasa doesn't move nor talk back. I turn my head, hearing Axl screaming out of anger, fear and exhaustion. Axe... Next to her, I see Mikasa's face being drown by her tears. Oh... You want all four of us to die? Questions, mom, with a desperate and sad tone. But none of us will die! Why doesn't she understand it?! Hannes! Suddenly screams, mom. Huh? Take the children and get them out of here! She demands to the man, pleads heard in her voice.

- Come on, Karla, it's not our only option, I hear the familiar voice of Mr. Hannes answering to my mother. He isn't drunk for once... Then why isn't he helping us lift the roof to get mom out? Hey, I'm a trained soldier. My skills set is killing Titans and saving lives! He says with pride in his voice before storming off toward the Titan that is coming our way. The ground is still trembling under our feet. But we are so determined to get mom out that none of us bothered to mind them.

- No, wait! Don't do this, please! Screams, mom, pleading Mr. Hannes to stop and to come back. Her broken voice... The despair in it... It's just so heavy to carry adding all effort we are giving.

Mr. Hannes' P.O.V.

I run rapidly toward the giant Titan approaching the Yeager's destroyed house. The kids... Karla... Karla cannot die and the kids cannot see their mother dying in the hands of those Titans either. They can't assist to such a cruel and traumatizing moment. I won't allow it! I grab my two swords out, getting ready to attack that Titan at any seconds now. Nothing fancy. Just take it down. Get all four of them out of harm's way. Being good on a debt you owe! Oh... I stop abruptly running as the titan is getting closer to me. It's right there... It's giant. The eyes looking at me like I am just a vulgar piece of meat... Those teeth looking as sharp as a sharp knife... And that smile plastered on its face exposes too well its teeth and gums at all times. Its neck looks so long too... What if I miss? What if I played the hero but lose in the end? Karla and the kids will die... I will die... No... I can't do this! I just tremor in front of it, standing still few yards away from the Titan... I have a debt I owe to Doctor Yeager. I can't let them die... Rethinking the situation, I sheath my swords and run back to the destroyed house...

Axl's P.O.V.

- No! What are you doing?! I hear my brother exclaiming with a confused and rushed voice when a pair of arms grabs me. What...? No, MOM!!

- No, put me down! PUT ME DOWN!! I scream and then yell at Mr. Hannes, knowing it is just him around us. But he was supposed to kill the Titan... My cheeks are already stained by warm salty pearls, but more tears are forming in my eyes, threatening to fall at any moments.

- Put my down you Bastard! Screams, Eren, hitting Mr. Hannes the best he can while being held on his shoulder. I am being held under his other arm, seeing Mikasa still close to mom. Though, she suddenly turns around and starts running in our direction, following Mr. Hannes. What...? No!

- No! No! Let me go! My mom is still stuck! SHE'S STILL STUCK UNDER THE ROOF! I shout at the top of my lungs, feeling more tears rolling down my cheeks. It's just a nightmare... It has to be. I'm going to wake up soon this time! For real! I hold my arms up, trying to grab her from the too long distance that is separating us already... Mom...

- Wait! NOO!! WE CAN'T JUST LEAVE HER!! Shouts, Eren, holding his right arm up like it will be extended to our mother and will get her out safe.

- I LOVE YOU! DO YOU HEAR ME? I hear mom screaming, her voice breaking. She lifts up her left arm toward Eren and I, like she is trying to grab our hands.

- STAY ALIVE!! Shouts, Eren, his voice breaking as well.

- MOOOM!! I scream for my mother, sobbing hardly in Mr. Hannes' hold. She can't leave us... Mr. Hannes! Mr. Hannes! Mom is still there! We need to go back! I scream at the man who is running toward the opposite direction of mom. I wait few seconds for his answer, but he doesn't say a word. And the more I wait, the more the distance grows between mom and I. I look back at my mother and remark that the Titan is already standing behind our wrecked house. NOOO! I shout with fear, watching it remove the house debris with one simple swipe of its hand. Feather... It removed it like a feather... It bends over and picks up my mother between both its hands.

- Stop it! Stop! I hear my brother yelling through his tears. My eyes can't look away nor blink just a single time as my brother's screams echo in my ears. Everything is going in slow motion again. I watch mom fighting with her last strength in the hands of the Titan, not seeming scared from here. Though, she must be panicking... Suddenly, the Titan grabs her by both ends and breaks her body is a single move. It's like I could hear her bones breaking from here...

- NOOO!!!! I shout through my tears before yelling and yelling until having no more air in my lungs. Though, once all the air is gone, I take a deep breath and continue yelling at the top of my lungs. The fear, the sadness, and the anger are all that is heard in my voice.

My eyes not leaving the scene,I watch the Titan bringing my mother toward his mouth, the teeth looking sosharp. Suddenly, the Titan chomps my mother in half, devouring her. My breathgets stuck in my throat, shocked by the sight of the scene. Mom's dead... It killed her... It chopped her inhalf... It devoured her... Mom's blood is flying through the thin air, reachingthe ground. A drop of her blood falls on my hand, but I ignore it, too shockedby what I've just seen. I can't even hear what is surrounding me. I just hearmy heart beating in my ears as all the other noises are being muffled. On that day, mankind received a grimreminder of the terror of being at their mercy... Of the humiliation of beingtrapped inside a cage... We lived in fear of Titans, and were disgraced to live in these cages we called walls...

Heyy guys!! How are you?😁 Here is the first chapter of Attack on Titan (AOT)!! I hope you enjoyed reading it just as much as I enjoyed writing it!😁

Thank you very much for reading this first chapter!😁 I apologize for the mistakes!😏 Please, feel free to vote and/or comment!😘😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 1.2K 70
Within all the years Humanity lives inside the wall. Peace and freedom are always in them. Not until the year of 845. The most traumatic event of the...
880K 19.9K 42
COVER ART CREDS; redwarrior3 on tumblr :) In modern Paradis, you've joined the survey corps three months ago, and thought you've met everyone, until...
133K 3K 120
This is an A/U (Alternative Universe)!! Enemies to Lovers! Modern Au! Y/n Porter and Jean Kirstein have been enemies since what felt like forever. T...
128 6 15
At one point or another the people I loved left me when they promised they wouldn't . After the death of my parents I became queen and many people w...