Crossing Lines

By Jane4Rain

Accidentally swapping phones with L.A.'s star quarterback upends reclusive author Mila's quiet life when they... More

Chapter 1 - Mila
Chapter 2 - Mila
Chapter 3 - Mila
Chapter 4 - Hayden
Chapter 5 - Mila
Chapter 6 - Mila
Chapter 7 - Hayden
Chapter 8 - Mila
Chapter 9 - Mila
Chapter 10 - Hayden
Chapter 11 - Mila
Chapter 12 - Hayden
Chapter 13 - Mila
Chapter 14 - Hayden
Chapter 15 - Hayden
Chapter 16 - Mila
Chapter 17 - Hayden
Chapter 18 - Mila
Chapter 19 - Mila
Chapter 20 - Hayden
Chapter 21 - Hayden
Chapter 22 - Mila
Chapter 23 - Hayden
Chapter 24 - Hayden
Chapter 25 - Mila
Chapter 26 - Mila
Chapter 27 - Hayden
Chapter 28 - Mila
Chapter 29 - Hayden
Chapter 30 - Hayden
Chapter 31 - Mila
Chapter 32 - Hayden
Chapter 33 - Mila
Chapter 34 - Hayden
Chapter 35 - Mila
Chapter 36 - Hayden
Chapter 37 - Mila
Chapter 38 - Hayden
Chapter 39 - Mila
Chapter 40 - Hayden
Chapter 41 - Hayden
Chapter 42 - Mila
Chapter 43 - Hayden
Chapter 44 - Hayden
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 - Hayden
Chapter 47 - Hayden
Chapter 48 - Mila
Chapter 49 - Hayden
Chapter 50 - Mila
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 - Mila
Chapter 53 - Mila
Chapter 54 - Hayden
Chapter 55 - Mila
Chapter 57
Chapter 58 - Hayden
Chapter 59 - Mila
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 - Hayden
Chapter 62 - Mila
Chapter 63 - Hayden
Chapter 64
Epilogue

Chapter 56 - Hayden

78.6K 2.5K 288
By Jane4Rain

I wake up with my beautiful girl lying in my arms.

My hands work on their own when they rub her belly, my mind still trying to fathom that this is actually happening.

It's not that I haven't thought about it. I knew I wanted kids, and I knew I wanted them with Mila. Maybe not right now, but honestly now that it happened I couldn't be any happier. These two are all I live for now.I wake up with my beautiful girl lying in my arms.

My hands work on their own when they rub her belly, my mind still trying to fathom that this is actually happening.

It's not that I haven't thought about it. I knew I wanted kids, and I knew I wanted them with Mila. Maybe not right now, but honestly, now that it happened, I couldn't be any happier. These two are all I live for now.

Mila moans when my hand slips between her thighs, feeling how fucking wet she already is. Given that we had the place to ourselves last night, we used every second of that, but I heard Sam get back about an hour ago, so we need to be quiet.

"Mmm..." Mila moans, and I can't help but growl when she bites her bottom lip as I move my finger between her slit, literally unable to keep my hands off her.

"You have to be quiet, baby," I whisper, hating every single word.

"Mmm... That's not... Oh, that's not easy." She slowly opens her eyes and turns around, her sleepy self now facing me as she spreads her legs a bit.

I follow her invitation and run my fingers over her center, making her close her eyes again as she digs her fingers into my arm. "Fuck, Mila. You're so wet."

"I'm so horny all the time," she complains.

Fucking hell, this woman. "So dirty, Miss Lyne..."

I slip a finger inside her, and she opens her eyes as her teeth come down on her bottom lip, the sight sending my lips onto hers again, immediately getting her response. She pulls at my hair while the other moves to my groin, and all it takes is for her to brush her fingers over my skin, and I already shudder, her unearthly scent alone driving me insane.

"Do you like that?" she asks, her eyes glimmering with mischief.

"You know I fucking love it, you little minx," I retort, sliding another finger inside her while my thumb runs over her clit and picks up the pace.

"Fuck, Hayden."

God, how much I love that dirty mouth of hers.

Her walls are already clenching around my fingers when I massage her breasts, her fingers around my cock making it hard to concentrate on anything but the feeling of her body on mine. The room fills with heavy breathing and whispered curses, and I feel her tense beneath me, both of us picking up the pace now.

I crash down on her, silencing her moans with a kiss, my hand still working on her center, her breathing getting heavier and heavier any second.

"Oh, God, Hayden, I..." She breathes out, but I muffle her oncoming scream with another kiss, the vibration of her voice against my lips sending a jolt straight through my body.

"Fucking hell, Lucky."

She leans back and studies me for a second, her flushed cheeks the most beautiful fucking thing I've ever seen. But then she suddenly pulls me on top of her, her legs wrapping around my waist. I have to suppress a loud groan when she rubs her achingly wet center on my cock, driving me wild with the way she looks at me with those big, innocent eyes. "Take me. Please."

"Fuck, Mila. I love it when you beg."

She opens her mouth to respond, but I crash down on her, a moan escaping her lips while I glide into her, right where I belong. I'll never tire of the feeling of her around me; it's heavenly and absolutely addicting. Because that's what Mila is—a dangerous drug, potent enough to destroy me.

"God, you feel so good." She moans, lifting her butt to give me a better angle. I respond by placing both of her legs over my shoulders, thrusting back into her and covering her mouth with my hand when she gasps my name.

Her teeth dig into my fingers as I speed up the movements, her muffled moans absolutely driving me insane. The wild look in her eyes doesn't help, my orgasm nearing when she trembles beneath me.

"Hayden, I can't..." she whines when I pull back my hand.

"I'm right with you."

Mere seconds later, she places her hand above mine, pressing them on her lips when she cries into our intertwined fingers, the vibration of her moan on my skin making me find my high as well.

We're both sweating and panting heavily by the time I release her legs from my shoulders, bracing myself on top of her so I can kiss and feel her properly.

"I love you so much," she whispers as we pull apart, the sight of her naked and sweaty body beneath me taking my breath away.

"You're the love of my life," I respond, eliciting that beautiful fucking smile on her lips.

God, am I a lucky bastard.

I'd ask her to marry me right here and now, but she deserves to have it done properly. I don't want her thinking I'm doing this because she's pregnant. I have a plan I, but it'll take some time. I need to be patient.

Mila's sudden movement jerks me out of my thoughts, and before I know what's happening, she grabs a shirt of mine from the floor, slipping it over her head while she stumbles out of the room.

"Mila?" I throw on a shirt and boxers before I follow her into the bathroom, where I find her kneeling in front of the toilet, holding up a hand while she empties her stomach contents into the bowl.

"Don't..." She can't even finish her sentence before she's on top of the toilet again, and I rush to her side, holding her hair while she continues to heave. "You don't have to see this," she mutters when she seems to be finished, slowly getting up and rinsing her mouth before she leans against the tiles.

I take a step toward her and lift her chin to make her look at me, and she wraps her arms around my waist, studying me curiously. "You may be the one carrying this child, but I put it in there. We're in this together, love. Get used to it; I'm not going anywhere."

She just sighs, resting her head on my chest while I run my hand over her hair. "I guess I don't really have a say in that, huh?"

"Do you want me to go anywhere?"

"No, of course not."

"Then no, you don't." I finalize my statement by pressing a kiss on her head before I look at her again, seeing that she seems exhausted, but at the same time there's this illuminating glow surrounding her. It might be my imagination because she's carrying my child, but I'm sure I haven't seen anything more beautiful in my life.

***

Today is the day.

It's the first day of Sam's trial. Or at least the first day that matters.

Mike gathered evidence, trying to find the actual killer. It's tough—everything is linked to the state in one way or another, and a corruption lawsuit isn't one to take lightly, either.

"Why are my boobs so big?" Mila curses under her breath as she tries on the sixth outfit for today. I laugh, earning me a glare from the other side of the room. "You'd better stop laughing. They're sore. No touching when they're sore."

Raising my hands apologetically, I make my way over to her, and as soon as I wrap my arm around her waist, I feel her relax. "I'm sorry your boobs are sore," I say, running my fingers over her stomach.

She chuckles in response, lifting her arms to run her fingers through the hair on the back of my head. "It's okay."

The way she's standing right now gives me the perfect view. "I mean...they do look huge. It's impressive."

"Impressive?" She chuckles. "Really? That's what you're going with?" Mila turns to look at me with disbelief in her eyes, and I shrug before I press a kiss on her lips.

"Yeah, impressive that you can look even sexier than you did before."

And now, once again, she actually blushes. I swear, I'll never get tired of that. "Well...thank you. I think this horny-pregnancy thing works both ways."

"Oh, I know." I smirk. It's true. Ever since she told me she's pregnant, she's even more open, and holy shit, she takes whatever she needs whenever she wants.

Not that I complain. I really don't.

"I can't wear this." She studies herself in the mirror, straightening out the black shirt she squeezed over her breasts, and I mean... Yeah, she can't wear that. No one will listen to a word anyone says if she walks into court like that.

"Why don't you just wear one of the sweaters?" I ask, not missing the flustered look on her face when she answers, "What...what sweaters?"

"Mila." I laugh. "You don't think you could be with me for so long and not have me knowing about your compilation of oversize sweaters, including the ones you took from me, right?"

Well, if Mila was a color, she'd definitely be crimson now. "I don't—"

"Lucky..." I interrupt her with a raised brow.

She soon enough hides her face in my chest, mumbling, "I only wear them when I miss you."

This woman couldn't be any more fucking perfect if she tried, I swear. I press a kiss on her head and wrap my arms around her with a grin. "Baby, you can take anything you want from me. What's mine is ours. Don't be shy, just own it."

She looks up at me with that incredible smile on her face, and my heart stops for a second from how fucking cute she is. "I can't show up with one of your sweaters in court, though."

She's right, and still, I can't help but sigh. Mila is usually not the kind of woman who takes hours to get ready, and I really fucking love that. Saying I'm overwhelmed and confused by this situation would be an understatement.

"Okay, I'm just going to wear one of my oversize blouses. We need to get going."

I watch as she grabs something from her closet and puts it on, fiddling with it for a minute before turning around to look at me, raising an eyebrow in question.

"What do you say?"

I shake my head, smiling. "You're fucking perfect, that's what I say."

She rolls her eyes, but I can see the blush creeping into her cheeks when she clears her throat. "We need to go."

"Yes, ma'am."

And with that, we make our way to the courthouse. Sam and Mike are already there, preparing everything.

During the drive, Mila gets more and more quiet. Every time I glance over to her, she's looking out the window, watching the roads pass by.

"Are you okay?" I ask, placing my hand on her thigh.

She turns around, forcing a smile when she replies. "I'm... 'm just nervous." Her hand caresses her belly; I noticed she's doing that a lot since we found out there's a baby growing in there.

"Nervous about the trial or nervous about being there?" I ask as I park the car in the space at the back entrance of the courthouse.

"I just don't want to stress myself, and I know this right here is not exactly relaxing." She sighs. "I... I don't want our baby to suffer from this. Being here..." She's not only afraid because of the stress. I guess she's still working on everything that happened. I mean, it has only been a few weeks since she started talking to Dr. Jones again; of course she still needs time.

"We can always turn around, love."

"No, no. I need to be there. I want to be there. I have to be strong... I just need to breathe for a second."

I squeeze her hand, completely understanding where she's coming from. "Take all the time you need."

She shoots me a smile while rubbing her belly, her whole posture becoming more and more calm and self-assured with every minute that passes. "Okay, let's go," she says, reaching for the door handle, but I immediately lean over and take her hand, making her look at me with a raised brow. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I shake my head. "I just want to make sure you know it's okay not to be strong sometimes."

I don't even know why I feel the sudden urge to tell her that. It just seems like these past weeks have been so chaotic, we forgot to remind ourselves of things like that.

"I know, baby. I just want to be strong for our little peanut."

"You already are. You are strong, Mila. Nothing that happened to you changes that. Don't forget that."

She raises my palm, placing a kiss on it before lifting it against her cheek, her eyes sparkling with appreciation. "Thank you for saying that. I think I needed to hear it."

I nod, pressing another kiss on her lips before whispering, "Anytime, love."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.2K 2.1K 52
Book 2 -The Bruised Boxer Series With Maddison's scholarship on the line, Ashton takes up a deal, putting him at the forefront of the boxing ring. Ma...
225K 4.7K 44
College baseball star, Asher Rhodes, knows better than to fall for Amara Taylor, the shy Latina girl that he had a class with last semester. But, whe...
36.2K 305 18
🚫18+ MATURE CONTENT! "I can't quit you." Pogue Lyfe for 18 year old Celeste Madden gets harder every day, especially with having to live with her j...
52.9K 2.1K 51
IN WHICH a girl's heart yearns earnestly for a boy who doesn't deserve her. *extended summary inside* [a series of text messages] (third story in my...