Harry's Worst Fear (A Father...

By JessicaRivera821

Harry is plagued by dreams during the summer, which makes Snape feel concerned for him. Deatheaters are seen... More

Chapter 1: Harry's Vision and the Weasley's Invitation
Chapter 2: Camping, Barty Crouch and Ludo Bagman
Chapter 4: Back at the Burrow, Mayhem at the Ministry and Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 5: Divination, Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures and DADA
Chapter 6: S.P.E.W, Durmstrang and Beauxbatons
Chapter 7: The 4 Champions, Rita Skeeter and Wand Weighing
Chapter 8: Sirius Black, Talk with Snape and The First Task
Chapter 9: The Golden Egg, Dobby and Talking With Snape

Chapter 3: The Quidditch World Cup and Chaos at the Campsite

1.3K 35 25
By JessicaRivera821

Harry, Ron and Hermione see salesmen apparating every few feet, carrying carts full of merchandise. They walk up to one to have a look. Harry sees luminous rosettes-green for Ireland and red for Bulgaria. Both rosettes squeal the names of the players, he also sees loads of green pointy hats with dancing shamrocks on them, Bulgarian scarves with lions on them that really roared, and flags from both countries that played their national anthems when you wave them. There were also collectible figures of famous players, which walked across the palm of your hand. Ron said to Harry, "I've been saving my pocket money all summer for this." Both Harry and Ron bought the dancing shamrock hat and the green rosettes. Ron also bought the miniature figure of Krum as well. They watched as the miniature figure of Krum walked back and forth on Ron's palm, frowning as the figure looked up at the green rosette Ron was wearing. Harry spots another cart carrying what looks like, brass binoculars. Harry said, "Wow! Look at these!" They hurry over to look. As Harry looks at these brass binoculars, he notices that they each had several knobs and dials.The saleswizard who saw them hurry over, said eagerly, "Omnioculars! You can replay action, slow everything down and they flash up a play-by-play breakdown if you need it! I'll give it to you all at a bargain, Say.... 10 galleons each!" Ron sighs, "Wish I hadn't bought the hat now...." He looks at the omnioculars with a longing look in his eyes. Harry pulls out his money and said, "4 pairs please." Ron goes red as he said, "No, don't bother." Ron was always jealous that Harry had more money than he did, thanks to Harry inheriting the money his parents left him. Harry said, as he gives Ron the omnioculars, "It's ok, Ron, alright. I wanted to buy them for all 4 of us. If you don't take it, then you won't get anything for Christmas." Ron grins, "Fair enough." Harry grins as he hands Hermione her omnioculars. Hermione said, "Oooh, thanks Harry! I'll get us some programs." They return to their tents with a much lighter money bag. Bill, Charlie, Ginny and Snape were all wearing the green rosettes, while Mr. Weasley held an Irish flag. Fred and George had no souvenirs since they gave Bagman all of their gold. Harry hands Snape the omnioculars and said, "I got this for you dad." Snape smiles as he takes it, as he said,"Thank you, Harry. I will definitely be using these tonight." Harry grins, "Me too, dad." All too soon, a booming gong was heard. It sounded like it came from the other side of the woods. Green and red lanterns lit up, lighting up a path that lead to the Quidditch Pitch. Mr. Weasley said excitedly, "It's time! Come on! Let's go!" Snape chuckles in response. Holding on to the merchandise that they bought, they followed Mr. Weasley into the woods. They follow the lit lanterns, all the while, they could hear thousands of people waking along with them. Some were chatting excitedly while others were singing. Harry was so excited that he couldn't stop grinning. They walked through the woods for 20 minutes, talking and joking around, until they came out of the woods. Harry's jaw drops open as he sees the size of the Quidditch pitch. The Quidditch pitch was big enough to house 10 cathedrals, easily and it was surrounded by a golden wall. Mr. Weasley smiles, "Seats about 100,000. Ministry task force of 500 have been working on it all year. Muggle Repelling Charms on every inch of it. Every time muggles go anywhere near it, they would suddenly remember appointments they need to go to and leave, bless them." They reach the nearest entrance where many witches and wizard were slowly entering. Once it was their turn, the ministry witch looks at their tickets and said, "Prime seats! Top box! Straight upstairs, Arthur! As high as you can go!" The stairs in the Quidditch Pitch were lined with purple and gold carpets. They start climbing the stairs, making their way to the top. As they continue to climb higher, the crowd thin. They could see the crowd going through the doors in the stands that was to their left and right. They kept climbing, until they reached the top of the stairs and found themselves in a small box. It was set at the highest point of the stadium and it was halfway between the golden goal posts. There were about 20 purple and golden chairs that stood in 2 rows. Harry sits with with Weasleys and Hermione in the front seats. Snape sits next to him and looks around the field. Harry looks around the field, amazed at what he was seeing. 100,000 witches and wizards were taking their seats, before the game starts. The seats rose in levels around the Quidditch Pitch. 3 goal hoops stood on either end of the field and were 50 feet high in height. Right across from them, at eye level, was a huge blackboard. There was golden handwriting popping up on the board as if someone was writing on it, then wiping it away. The writing were of advertisements, such as: The Bluebottle: A Broom for all the Family. Safe and reliable and with Built-in Anti-Burglar Buzzers.... Mrs. Skower's All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover: No Pain, No Stain!.... Gladrags Wizardwear-Locations in London, Paris and Hogsmeade.... Harry looks away from the sign and looks over his shoulder to see who else was sitting in the box with them. So far, they were the only ones there, except for a small house elf sitting in the 2nd to last seat, at the end of the row behind them. The house elf was wearing a kitchen towel in a form of a toga. It had its face hidden in its hands. However, her bat-like ears were very familiar....

Harry said, "Dobby?" The house elf looks up and stretches its fingers to reveal big brown eyes and a nose that was the size of a tomato. Harry realizes that it wasn't Dobby. The house elf said in a squeaky and high voice, "Did sir just call me Dobby?" Harry's eyebrows went up. If he was right, this house elf is female, since her voice was higher than Dobby's voice. Ron and Hermione turned around in their seats to look. They have heard a lot about Dobby from Harry, but they never met him. Snape and Mr. Weasley turned around and looked curiously at the house elf, too. Harry said, "Sorry, I just thought you were someone I knew." The house elf said, "But I knows Dobby too, sir!" My name is Winky, sir." Her eyes widen as she said, "You, sir, is surely Harry Potter!" Harry nods, "Yeah, I am. But I go by Harry Snape now." Winky lowers her hands a little looking in awe at Harry. She said, "Dobby talks of you all the time, sir!" Harry said, "How is he? How's freedom suiting him?" Winky shakes her head, "Ah, sir, meaning no disrespect, sir, but I is not sure you did Dobby a favor, sir, when you is setting him free." Harry raises his eyebrows and said, "Why? What's wrong with him?" Winky said sadly, "Freedom is going to Dobby's head, sir. Has ideas about his station, sir. Can't get another position, sir." Harry said, "Why not?" Winky lowers her voice and said, "He is wanting paying for his work, sir." Harry said blankly, "Paying? Well, why shouldn't he be paid?" Winky said, looking scared, "House elves is not paid, sir! No, no no. I says to Dobby, I says, go find yourself a nice family and settle down, Dobby. He is getting up to all sorts of high jinks, sir. It's unbecoming to a house elf. You goes racketing around like this, Dobby, I says, and next thing I hear you's up front of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, like some common goblin." Harry said, "Well, it's about time he had a bit of fun." Winky said, "House elves is not supposed to have fun Harry Snape. House elves does what they is told." She looks at the edge of the box and gulps. She said, "I is not liking heights at all, Harry Snape, but my master sends me to the Top Box and I comes, sir." Harry frowns, "Why's he sent you up here, if he knows you don't like heights?" Winky nods her head towards the seat next to her and said, "Master wants me to save him a seat, Harry Snape. He is very busy." Winky sighs and said, "Winky is wishing she is back in master's tent, Harry Snape, but Winky does what she is told. Winky is a good house elf." She looks at the edge of the Top Box again, then covers her face in fear. They turn back to the front as Ron mutters, "So that's a house elf? Weird things, aren't they?" Harry said, "Dobby was weirder." Ron pulls out his omnioculars and starts testing it out. He looks down into the crowd across the stadium with the omnioculars. He said, "Wild! I can make out that old bloke down there picking his nose again, and again, and again!" Snape rolls his eyes at Ron, then he starts to test the omnioculars out for himself. Meanwhile, Hermione was looking through her program. She said, "A display from the team mascots will start before the match." Mr. Weasley said, "Oh that's always worth watching. National teams bring creatures from their native land, you know, to put on a bit of a show." Harry looks at his dad, "Are you enjoying yourself so far, dad?" Snape nods, "Indeed I am, Harry. It's not very often that I get see the Quidditch World Cup. The last time I went was 24 years ago. I was 10 years old at the time. My mother allowed me to invite your mother, Lily, to come to the Quidditch World Cup, since it would be the first time for the both of us, she wanted to make sure our experience was a memorable one. Lily's parents said she could go, despite the look of jealousy on Tuney's face. As long as we brought her home safe and sound. We all had a wonderful time that night." Harry smiles and hugs his dad, who hugs him in return. The Top Box they were sitting in, gradually starts to fill up in the next 30 minutes, as they waited for the match to start. Mr. Weasley shook hands with important wizards and Percy jumped to his feet so often that it looked as if he was sitting on a hedgehog. When Cornelius Fudge, who was the Minister of Magic, arrived at the Top Box, Percy bowed so low that his glasses fell off of his face and shattered. Percy looked embarrassed as he repairs it with a flick of his wand and puts it back on. Fudge shakes Harry's hand as he said, "Hello there, I am Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic. You must be Harry Snape." Harry nods, "Hi, Mr. Fudge. Yeah I am. It's nice to meet you, sir." Fudge introduces him to the bulgarian wizards then said to the wizards, "This is Harry Potter now Snape. You know, Harry Potter. Come on now, you know who he is. The boy who survived You-Know-Who. You know who he is...." The bulgarian wizard suddenly sees Harry's scar and starts talking excitedly in his native language, as he points at it. Fudge sighs, "I knew we'd get there in the end. I'm no great shakes at languages. I need Barty Crouch for this sort of thing." Fudge spots the house elf sitting there and said, "Ah, I see his house elf is saving him a seat. Good job, too. These bulgarian blighters have been trying to get all the best seats there." Fudge adds, "Ah, here's Lucius!" Harry, Ron and Hermione turn to see Lucius Malfoy, Draco Malfoy and a woman he was sure was Draco's mother, edging towards the 3 seats behind Mr. Weasley. Mr. Malfoy said, "Ah, Fudge. How are you?" As he shakes hands with Fudge. Mr. Malfoy said, "I don't think you met my wife, Narcissa? Or our son, Draco?" Fudge smiles and shakes hands with them as he said, "How do you do? Allow me to introduce you to Mr. Oblansk, the Bulgarian Minister of Magic. He can't understand a word I'm saying anyways, so never mind. Let's see, you know Arthur Weasley, I daresay?" Mr. Malfoy looks over at Mr. Weasley and the others and said softly enough for only them to hear, "Good lord, Arthur. What did you have to sell to get seats in the Top Box? Surely your house wouldn't be worth this much?" Snape frowns as Fudge, who didn't hear a word Malfoy said, turn to Mr. Weasley and said, "Lucius has just given a very generous contribution to St. Mungos Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, Arthur. He's hear as my guest." Mr. Weasley said politely, "How nice." Mr. Malfoy spots Hermione and smirks. Harry and Snape frown slightly. They knew why he was smirking like that. Mr. Malfoy hated muggles and muggleborns. The Malfoys considered them dung beneath their feet. However, with the Minister next to him, he stayed silent about how he felt about muggles and muggleborns. Mr. Malfoy smirks and nods at Mr. Weasley, then continues down until they reached their seats. Malfoy sneers at them as he sits between his parents. Ron mutters as they turn back around again, "Slimy gits." Bagman finally walks into the Top Box and stands next to Fudge by his seat. Bagman said, "Everyone ready? Minister, ready to go?" Fudge sits down in his seat and said, "Ready when you are, Ludo." Bagman smiles and takes out his wand. He faces the crowd and puts his wand up to his throat. He said, "Sonorus!"

   The crowd went quiet as Bagman said, his voice echoing into every corner of the stands, "Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the final of the 422nd Quidditch World Cup!" The crowd screamed and clapped as thousands of flags waved. The blackboard cleared away the last message, which was an ad for Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Beans, and was now showing: BULGARIA-0, IRELAND-0. Bagman said, "And now, without further ado, allow me to introduce the Bulgarian National Team Mascots!" The right hand of the stands, which were red, cheered in response. Mr. Weasley said, "I wonder what they've brought...." Mr. Weasley adds, "Ah, Veelas." Harry said, "What are veelas?" He looks at the field to see very beautiful women walk gracefully on to the field. They were the most beautiful women he had ever seen! Their skin shone bright like the moon and their silver hair spread out like a fan behind them. Are they human? They can't be.... Music starts to play as the veelas start to dance. Harry was mezmorized by them. His mind went completely blank as he watched them dance. The veelas start to dance faster. As they danced faster, Harry had the urge to do something to impress them. Like jumping from the box onto the field. That sounds like a good idea. Harry starts to climb onto the ledge of the Top Box, when he was grabbed from around the waist by familiar hands. The music stops and the veelas stops dancing. Harry looks around to see a scared Snape standing, with his arms wrapped around him. Harry looks down to see one of his feet on the ledge. Snape said firmly, "What do you think you are doing, Harry?" Ron looked as if he would dive off of a springboard at a  swimming pool. Hermione was looking scared at him. Harry said, "What happened?" Snape said, "Those veelas use their magic to hypnotize and seduce men. Hence why you and your friend here were affected by them." Harry gets off of the ledge and sits down. He said, "Thanks for snapping me out of that, dad." Snape said, "You're very welcome, but don't ever scare me like that again. Understood." Harry said sheepishly, "I understand, dad." Harry could now hear angry yells from all around the pitch. It seemed like the crowd didn't want the veelas to go. Bagman said, "And now! Kindly put your wands in the air for the Irish National Team Mascots!" The crowd oooohed and aaaahed as a green and gold comet zooms into the pitch. It did one lap around the pitch, then split into 2 smaller comets. Each one zooms to the 2 gold posts on either side of the Quidditch pitch. Rainbow colors came from the 2 comets and connected in the middle of the pitch, making a rainbow. Everyone watched in awe as the rainbow fades. The green and golden comets came towards each other and merge to become one again. Then, they begin to form a giant glittering shamrock, which rose into the sky and flew over the stands, dropping gold coins along the way. Ron said, "Excellent!" Harry looks up and realizes that the glittering shamrock was made up of thousands of tiny little men with beards and wearing red vests. Each one was carrying a tiny little green or gold lamp. Mr. Weasley said, "They're leprechauns!" The crowd clapped and cheered, though most were fighting and looking under their chairs for the gold coins. Ron grins as he 

puts a handful of gold coins into Harry's hand, "There you go! For the omnioculars! Now you have to buy me a Christmas present! Ha!" The shamrock fades away as the leprechauns land on the opposite side of the pitch and sits cross-legged to watch the match. Bagman said, "And now, ladies and gentlemen, kindly welcome.... the Bulgarian National Quidditch Team! I give you Dimitrov, Ivanova, Zograf, Levski, Vulchanov, Volkov and Krum!" Each player in scarlet Quidditch robes comes flying out onto the pitch as their names were called. Ron said, "That's him! That's him!" Harry focuses his own omnioculars and finds Krum. Krum was thin, dark and sallowed skinned, with a curved nose and thick black eyebrows. Bagman said, "And now please greet.... the Irish National Quidditch Team! Presenting: Connolly, Ryan, Troy, Mullet, Moran, Quigley and Lynch!" Seven Quidditch players dressed in green robes fly out onto the pitch as their names were called. Harry looks at the broomsticks they were riding on and see that all 7 players were riding the Firebolt. The same broomstick he owned. Bagman said, "And here, all the way from Egypt, our referee, acclaimed Chairwizard of the International Association of Quidditch, is Hassan Mostafa!" A small and skinny wizard who was bald and had a mustache, was wearing golden robes as he walks out to the middle of the pitch. He had a whistle on a chain around his neck and was carrying a large wooden chest under one arm, while carrying his broomstick under the other arm. Harry sets his omnioculars down and watches closely as Mostafa mounts his broomstick and kicks the chest open. 4 balls fly into the air: the quaffle, the 2 bludgers and the golden snitch. Harry saw the snitch for a few seconds, before it flew out of sight. With the sound of the whistle, Mostafa flew into the air after the balls. Bagman said, "Theeeeeeeey're off!" And it's, Mullet! Troy! Moran! Dimitrov! Back to Mullet! Troy! Moran!" It was Quidditch unlike anything Harry had seen in his entire life! The speed that the players were flying was insane! The chasers were throwing the Quaffle so fast to each other, that Bagman only had time to say their names! Before long Bagman said, "Troy scores! 10-0 to Ireland!" Harry cheers Ireland on as Troy did a lap around the pitch. The leprechauns flew into the air again and form the glittering shamrock again. Across the field, the veelas were watching them, frowning. Harry knew enough about Quidditch to know that the Irish team were amazing! They worked perfectly as a team. Their moves were so well done that it looked as if they were reading each other's mind. With the first 10 minutes of the game, Ireland had scored 2 more times making it 30-0 to Ireland! The match became more brutal as the game wore on. Volkov and Vulchanov, the bulgarian beaters were whacking bludgers as hard as possible at the Irish chasers. They were starting to prevent the Irish chasers from using their best moves. They were forced to scatter twice because of those two. Finally, Ivanov manages to break through, dodge the keeper and score bulgaria's first goal of the game. Mr. Weasley said, "Fingers in your ears!" As the Veelas start to dance. After a few minutes, the veelas stop dancing. Bulgaria were in possession of the quaffle now. Bagman said, "Dimitrov! Levski! Dimitrov! Ivanova!" Bagman adds, "Oh I say!" As Krum and Lynch plummet towards the ground. Hermione said, "They're going to crash!" She was half right. At the last second, Krum pulls out of the dive and spirals off. Lynch couldn't pull out in time, and ends up hitting the ground with a thud. The sound could be heard through out the pitch. A loud groan can be heard from the Irish. Mr. Weasley mutters, "You fool! Krum was feinting!" Bagman said, "It's time-out as trained mediwizards hurry onto the pitch to examine Aidan Lynch!" Charlie said to his little sister, Ginny, "He'll be ok. He only got ploughed! Which is what Krum was after, of course." Harry watches Krum circle high above Lynch, looking for the snitch, while the mediwizards revive Lynch. Lynch finally came to and gets to his feet. The crowd cheered in response. He mounts his firebolt and kicks off into the air once more. Lynch's revival seemed to have given Ireland hope, because when Mostafa blew on his whistle, the chasers moved into action with skills that surprised even Harry. After 15 minutes Ireland scored 10 more points. They were now leading by 130-10 to Ireland. 

They game by this point was starting to get dirtier. Mullet speeds towards the goal posts again as she held onto the quaffle. The bulgarian keeper flies out to meet her. It happened so fast that Harry didn't see what had happened. Mostafa blows his whistle, which told Harry that it was a foul. Bagman said, "And Mostafa takes bulgarian keeper to task for cobbing! Excessive use of the elbows! And.... Yes, its a penalty to Ireland!" The leprechauns fly into the air again and formed the words, 'HA HA HA!' The veelas get to their feet, toss their hair angrily and start to dance again. The boys and Mr. Weasley plug their ears again. Hermione said, "Look at the referee!" Harry looks at the referee to see him land in front of the veelas, flexing his muscles and twirling his mustache. Bagman said, "Now we can't have that! Somebody slap the referee!" A mediwizard who had his fingers in his ears, ran across the field and kick Mostafa hard on the shins. Mostafa was back to himself again as he was looking embarrassed. He shouts at the veelas, who stops dancing and looks angry at the referee. Bagman said, "Unless I'm much mistaken, Mostafa is actually attempting to send off the bulgarian team mascots! Now there's something we haven't seen before. Oh.... This could turn nasty...." It did indeed turn nasty as the bulgarian beaters land on each side of Mostafa and start arguing with him angrily pointing at the leprechauns. They leprechauns had now made the words, 'HEE HEE HEE.' Mostafa was not impressed with the Bulgarian's arguments and told them to take off again. When they didn't take off, Mostafa blows his whistle again. Bagman said, "2 penalties for Ireland!" The bulgarians screamed with anger. Bagman continues, "Volkov and Vulchanov had better get back on those brooms.... Yes, there they go! Troy takes the quaffle!" The match had now reached a level beyond anything that Harry had seen thus far. The beaters on both side were were swinging their clubs without mercy! Volkov and Vulchanov in particular. They didn't care whether their clubs hit the bludgers or other players as they swung them wildly through the air. Dimitrov went straight for Moran, who had the quaffle. He nearly knocked her off of her broom! The Irish in the crowd shouted in unison, "Foul!" Bagman said, "Foul! Dimitrov skins Moran! Deliberately flying to collide there! It's got to be another penalty! Yes there's the whistle!" The leprechauns rise into the air once more and formed a giant hand. The hand gave the veelas the middle finger, effectively flipping them off. The veelas lost control as they ran across the pitch towards the leprechauns. Their faces became bird-like with sharp beaks, as wings sprout from their backs. They start to throw handfuls of fire at the leprechauns. Mr. Weasley said, "And that boys, is why you should never go for looks alone!" Ministry wizards ran onto the pitch to separate the veelas and the leprechauns. Meanwhile above them, in the air, the quaffle changed hands as fast as a bullet. Bagman said, "Levski! Dimitrov! Moran! Troy! Mullet! Ivanova! Moran again! Moran! Moran scores!" The cheers of the Irish supporters were barely heard over the shrieks of the veelas. The sound of blasting was heard from the ministry wizards' wands, a they try to restore order. The bulgarians were roaring with anger at what was going on, on the pitch. Regardless of commotion on the pitch, the match continued. Levski had the quaffle, now Dimitrov. The Irish beater Quigley swung his club hard at a passing bludger, sending it towards Krum. The bludger hit him square in the face, breaking his nose. His nose bled, but Mostafa didn't blow his whistle. He was distracted, because his broom had caught on fire from the handful of fireballs the veelas were throwing. Ron said, "Time-out! Awww come on! He can't play like that! Look at him!" Harry said, "Look at Lynch!" The Irish seeker had suddenly went into a dive. Harry said, "He's seen the snitch!" The Irish supporters cheered their seeker on. Krum, however, was quickly on his tail, despite his bleeding nose. Within minutes, he was leveled with Lynch now. They were both diving towards the ground once more. Hermione said, "They're going to crash!" Ron said, "They're not!" Harry said, "Lynch is!" Harry was right, for the 2nd time now, Lynch hits the ground with a loud thud and was immediately stampeded by the angry veelas. Charlie said, "The snitch! Where's the snitch!" Harry said, "He's got it! Krum's got it! It's all over!" Krum, with blood all over his robes, rises gently into the air, the golden snitch held tightly in his fist. The scoreboard flashed the final score: BULGARIA-160, IRELAND-170. The Irish supporters cheered loudly in delight. Bagman said, "Ireland wins! Krum gets the snitch, but Ireland wins! Good lord! I don't think any of us were expecting that!" Ron said, "What did he catch the snitch for? He ended it when Ireland were 160 points ahead, the idiot!" Harry said as Mr. Weasley and Snape cheered with everyone else, "He knew they were never going to catch up! The Irish chasers were too good! He wanted to end it on his terms, that's all!" Hermione said, "He was very brave, wasn't he? He looks a terrible mess though...." Harry looks over to see the mediwizards blasting a path through the battling veelas and leprechauns to get to Krum. The ones that got to him, were trying to clean him up, but he refused. His teammates were a few feet away looking dejected and shaking their heads. The Irish team were dancing happily in a shower of gold that was falling from their mascots, as they celebrated. The ministry wizards finally restored control as the veelas changed back to their beautiful selves. They were now looking dejected and forlorn that they lost. Harry turn to hear the Bulgarian Minister of Magic say, "Vell, ve fought bravely." Fudge looks outraged at the Bulgarian minister and said, "You can speak english?! And all this time, you've been letting me mime everything all day?!" The Bulgarian minister shrugs and said, "Vell, it vos very funny." Bagman said, "As the Irish team performs a lap of honor, flanked by their mascots! The Quidditch World Cup itself is brought into the Top Box!" The Top Box was illuminated, so that everyone could see inside. Two panting wizards carried the golden cup into the box and handed it to Fudge. Bagman said, "Let's have a really loud hand for the Bulgaria Quidditch Team!" The Bulgaria Quidditch Team filed into the Top Box. One by one, they shook hands with their own minister as Bagman said their names. Then the Irish Quidditch Team came in. Lynch was being supported by Moran and Connolly. Despite looking dazed after crashing to the ground 2 times, he grins happily as Troy and Quigley lift the Cup into the air. The crowd cheers in response. At, last both teams leave the Top Box. Bagman points his wand to his throat and said, "Quietus!" He said hoarsely, as he puts his wand away, "They'll be talking about this one for years! A really unexpected twist, that. It's a shame it couldn't have lasted longer." Fred and George hold their hand out to him as they grin. Bagman sees them and said, "Ah yes.... Yes.... I owe you how much?" Bagman was indeed correct, everyone there will be talking about this match for a very long time. It was the most insane match Harry had ever seen! A few minutes later, Mr. Weasley said, "Don't tell your mother you've been gambling." As they made their way down the purple carpeted stairs. Fred said, "Don't worry, dad. We got big plans for this money. We don't want it confiscated."

Once they get off the last set of stairs, they start walking out of the Quidditch Pitch with everyone else. They follow the lanterns to their campsite. Along the way, there was loud singing and leprechauns flying overhead, cackling and waving their lanterns. When they finally reached their tent, no one felt like sleeping, not even Snape. So Both Snape and Mr. Weasley agreed that everyone can have a last cup of cocoa together, before they all went to bed. Everyone sat and talked, having friendly debates about the match. Only when Ginny fell asleep, spilling her hot cocoa in the process, did Mr. Weasley halted all the talking. Hermione and Ginny went to their room, as Ron, Fred and George went into their room. Charlie, Percy, Bill, Harry and Snape said good night to everyone and went to the 2nd tent. They all soon fell asleep. Harry dreamt that he played on the Quidditch pitch and was about to play for the Quidditch World Cup, when he was shaken awake by Snape. Snape said, "Get up, Harry! Come on! It's urgent! The others are already awake!" Harry wakes up and puts his glasses on. He said, "What's the matter?" Once he was more alert, he immediately knew something was wrong. He could hear the sounds of screaming and people running. Harry starts to reach for his clothes, but Snape shakes his head, "There is no time, Harry. Just grab your coat and shoes and get outside!"Percy, Charlie and Bill had their wands out already. They were already wearing their shoes and coats. Snape puts his coat on and shoes and grabs his wand, as Harry puts his shoes and coat on. Bill said, "We'll help dad, Severus! You make sure our sister Ginny and our brothers make it safely into the woods!" Snape said, "I will!" Percy, Bill and Charlie left the tent with their wands at the ready. Snape said, "Let's go, Harry!" They run out of the tent to find Ron and Hermione there with Ginny, Fred and George. Harry could see people running into the woods, away from the campsite. He could hear loud jeering and laughter and the sound of gunfire. Amidst the chaos, Harry saw a crowd of wizards moving together in a tight group across the burning campsite. Their wands were pointed upwards as they walked. Harry noticed that they were wearing hooded cloaks and their face was covered with masks. He looks up to see 4 struggling figures floating above their heads, moving like marionettes. 2 of the figures were children. More wizards joined the group, laughing and pointing up at the floating bodies. As they passed by a burning tent, the light from the fire illuminated the figures floating above them. Harry could recognize one of them as Mr. Roberts, the campsite manager. The other 3 looked as if they were his wife and kids. One of the marchers below them flips Mrs. Roberts upside down revealing her underwear. She struggles to cover herself up as the wizards jeer and hoot up at her. Another wizard made one of the kids spin like a top. Ron said, "That's sick! That is really sick!" Hermione and Ginny run over as they put their coats on. Harry and Snape look over to see Bill, Charlie and Percy standing with Mr. Weasley. Mr. Weasley said, "We're going to help the Ministry! As Bill said, get them into the woods and stick together! I'll come and fetch you all when we've sorted this out!" Snape said, "Let's go! And stay together!" Snape quickly leads them into the woods, making sure they stayed together. Once in the woods, they look back to see the Ministry trying to get through the large crowd to save the Roberts family. The lanterns were extinguished by now. They could hear children crying and others shouting anxiously. He could feel himself being pushed slightly as more people run into the woods. Harry looks at Snape who was looking scared as he pants, trying to catch his breath, from running into the woods with his students. Suddenly, Harry hears Ron yell with pain. Hermione said, "What happened? Ron where are you?" Hermione sighs as she pulls out her wand, "Oh this is stupid! Lumos!" Her wand lights up, illuminating the path. There, sprawled on the ground, was Ron. He said, as he got to his feet, "Tripped over a tree root." A familiar drawling voice said, "Well, with feet that size, it's hard not to." They turn to see Malfoy nearby, leaning against a tree, alone. His arms were folded. It seemed as if he was watching the scene unfold from where he was standing. Snape said firmly, "That is enough, Mr. Malfoy." Malfoy went quiet as he eyes Snape. Snape ushers them forward into the woods, "We need to find the others. Let's go." They follow Snape into the woods to look for Fred, George and Ginny. Before long they came upon a couple of teenagers talking. When they got closer, a girl spots them and said, "Ou est Madame Maxine? Nous L'avons perdue...." (Which when translated means: "Where is Madame Maxine? We lost her....") Ron said, "Er.... What?" The girl said in a french accent, "Oh 'Ogwarts." She turns her back on him and continues talking to the other teenagers there. As they continue walking Snape said, "They are from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic in France." Ron said, "Oh, so there are other magical schools then?" Snape nods, "Yes there are. And if I am correct, there are 11 magical schools total." Ron looks at him in shock as he said, "11?!" Snape nods, "Yes, Mr. Wealsey. You already know about Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, so I shall tell you about the other 9 schools." Ron nods in response as they continue walking. Snape said, "Now the other 9 schools are as followed: Castelobruxo School of Magic is in Brazil, Durmstrang Institute of Magic is in Scandinavia, Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is in the United States, Koldovstoretz School is in Russia, Mahoutokoro School of Magic is in Japan and Uagadou School of Magic is in Uganda." Ron said, looking awestruck, "Wow...." After walking for awhile they stop. Ron pulls his wand out and lights it to look around. He said, "Fred and George can't have gone that far." Harry looks in his pocket for his wand, but nothing was there. All that was in his pocket was his omnioculars. Harry said, "Oh no, I don't believe it! I've lost my wand!" Snape looks at Harry and said, "What?" Ron said, "You're kidding!" Snape pulls is wand out and lights it and said, "Let's look around for Harry's wand." Ron. Hermione, Harry and Snape search for Harry's wand for a few minutes, then stops. Snape said, "I don't see your wand anywhere, Harry." Ron said, "Maybe it's back at the tent." Hermione said, "Maybe it fell out of your pocket when we were running?" Harry said, "Yeah.... Maybe...." He usually kept his wand on him at all times when he was in the wizarding world. Being here near the chaos at the campsite without a wand made him feel vulnerable.

Suddenly, they hear a rustling noise nearby. They turn to see Winky, the house elf, fighting her way out of a bush. She was moving in an odd manner. As if someone invisible was trying to hold her back. Winky said, "There is bad wizards about! People high, high in the air! Winky is getting out of the way!" Ron said as Winky went out of sight, "What's up with her?" Harry said, "Bet she didn't ask permission to hide." Snape on the other hand though differently, but he wanted to wait until they were safe to tell Harry his suspicions. Hermione said, "You know, house elves get a very raw deal! It's slavery, that's what it is! That Mr. Crouch made her go up to the top of the stadium, even though she was terrified! He's got her bewitched so that she can't even run when they start trampling the tents! Why doesn't anyone do something about it?!" Ron said, "Well, the house elves are happy, aren't they? You heard old Winky back at the match: 'House elves is not supposed to have fun.' That's what she likes, being bossed around." Hermione said, "It's people like you, Ron, who prop up rotten and unjust systems! Just because they are too lazy to...." She stops abruptly as a loud bang was heard at the edge of the woods. Snape said firmly, "Let's keep moving, shall we?" Ron eyes Hermione as all 3 nod in response. They start walking again. Harry looks worriedly at Snape. Snape said, "We'll find your wand, Harry. Don't worry." Harry nods in response. They follow the path deeper into the woods, keeping an eye out for Fred, George and Ginny. They walked past a group of goblins who were cackling over a bag of gold that they won, betting on the match. They continue walking until they came to a clearing. There in the clearing they saw 3 veelas standing there, surrounded by wizards. Every wizard there were talking loudly. One said, "I pull down about a hundred sacks of Galleons a year!" Another said, "I'm a dragon killer for the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures!" The friend of the wizard said, "No your not! You're a dishwasher at the Leaky Cauldron! But I'm a vampire hunter! I've killed about 90 so far!" Then Harry heard Stan Shunpike, who works as a conductor on the Knight Bus, said, "I'm about to become the youngest ever Minister of Magic, I am!" Harry chuckles quietly as he shakes his head. He looks over at Ron to tell him, only to see him go slack. Before Harry could say anything, Ron shouted, "Did I tell you I've invented a broomstick that'll reach Jupiter?!" Hermione sighs, "Honestly!" She and Harry grab Ron and drag him away, as Snape rolls his eyes. Once the sound of the veelas and wizards faded away, they let go of Ron. They were alone now. It was much quieter, too. Harry looks around and said, "I reckon we can just wait here, you know. We'll hear anyone coming a mile off." Not a moment after he finished saying this, Ludo Bagman appeared from behind a tree that was ahead of them. Snape raises an eyebrow at him as they shine their lit wands at him. Bagman said, "Who's that? Oh, what are you all doing here, all alone?" Ron said, "Well, there's a sort of riot going on at the campsite." Bagman said, "Damn them!" He disapparates on the spot with a small pop. Hermione said, "Not exactly on top of things, Mr. Bagman, is he?" Snape frowns, silently agreeing with her. Ron said, as they go into a clearing and sit down on a patch of grass, "He was a great beater though. The Wimbourne Wasps won the league 3 times in a row while he was with them." He took his Viktor Krum figurine out and set it on the ground. He watches as Krum walks around. Just like the real Krum, he was slightly duck-footed and had round shoulders. Harry and Snape were listening for noises from the campsite. Everything seemed to be much quieter now. Maybe the chaos at the campsite was over. After a while, Hermione said, "I hope the others are ok." Snape said, "I hope so too, Miss. Granger." Ron said, "They'll be fine." Harry said, "Imagine if your dad catches Lucius Malfoy. He always said he'd like to get something on him." Ron said, "That will wipe the smirk off of old Draco's face, all right." Snape privately disagreed. He knew Lucius. He knew that Lucius will always find a way to get out of trouble. He usually did. Hermione said, "Those poor muggles though. What if they can't get them down?" Ron said, reassuringly, "They will. They'll find a way." Hermione said, "It's mad though, to do something like that, when the whole Ministry of Magic's out here tonight! I mean, how do they expect to get away with it?! Do you think they've been drinking or....?" Snape said, "Shhh." They go quiet as they look over their shoulders. They heard what sounded like uneven footsteps. Like someone was walking to the clearing where they were. The sound of footsteps stopped nearby. Snape and the others held their wands out at the ready. Harry said, "Hello? Who's there?" Without warning, a voice said, "Morsmordre!" A patch of something green and glittering rose from the darkness. It rose over the treetops and stop to hover high in the sky. They all looked up at the sky in shock. They were looking at a skull with a snake protruding from its mouth. Snape gently puts his hand over his left forearm, knowing what that was in the sky, since that very mark was burned into his forearm 16 years ago. Harry said, "It's the dark mark! Someone conjured the dark mark!" Suddenly the woods around them erupted with screams. Snape lowers his hand and said, "We need to move, now!" Ron grabs his figurine and pockets it as they stand up. They start walking across the clearing, only to stop as popping noises were heard. About 20 wizards apparated and surrounded them. All 20 of them were pointing their wands at the trio and Snape. Snape said, "Duck!" Harry and Snape grab Ron and Hermione and hit the ground as 20 voices said in unison, "Stupefy!" There were a series of red lights as the spell flew over their heads. A voice they recognized said, "Stop! Stop! That's my son!" They look up to see Mr. Weasley walking quickly towards them, looking absolutely terrified. Mr. Weasley said, "Ron, Harry, Hermione. Are you all right?" They get up from the ground along with Snape. Snape said, "They are fine, Arthur." A curt voice said, "Out of the way, Arthur." It was Mr. Crouch. He said, "Which of you did it? Which of you conjured the dark mark?" Harry said, "We didn't conjure the dark mark!" Ron said, "We didn't do anything! Why did you want to attack us for?!" Mr. Crouch said, "Do not lie, sir! You have been discovered at the scene of the crime!" Snape said, "None of these children did it, Minister. I was with them the entire time." A witch said, "Barty, they're kids. Barty, they'd never have been able to conjure it." Mr. Weasley said, "Where did the dark mark come from, you three?" Harry points to where they heard the voice and said, "Over there. There was someone behind the trees. The voice sounded like a wizard. He shouted a word, like a spell or a curse." Mr. Crouch said, "Oh, they stood over there, did they? They said an incantation, did they? You seem very well informed about how the dark mark was summoned, sir." The other ministry wizards disgareed with him. They felt the trio were telling the truth. They raised their wands and pointed in the direction that Harry pointed at. The witch said, "We're too late They'll have disapparated." Mr. Diggory said, "I don't think so. Our stunners went right through those trees. There's a good chance we got them." A few of the wizards said to him to be careful as he went to look, his wand raised. A few seconds later he shouted, "Yes! We got them! There's someone here unconscious! It's.... But blimey!" Mr. Crouch said, "You've got someone? Who? Who is it?"

Mr. Diggory returned carrying a limp figure. It was Winky. Mr. Diggory laid the house elf down at Mr. Crouch's feet. Mr. Crouch said, "This cannot be.... No...." Mr. Crouch goes off to look in the bushes as well. Mr. Diggory said, "No point, Barty. There's no one else there." He sighs as he looks down at Winky. He said, "Bit embarrassing. Barty Crouch's house elf. I mean to say...." Mr. Weasley said, "Come of it, Amos. You don't seriously think it was the elf? The dark mark is a wizard's sign. It requires a wand." Mr. Diggory said, "Yeah. And she had a wand." Mr. Weasley said, "What?" Mr. Diggory said, "Here." He holds up a wand as he continues, "She had it in her hand. So that's clause of Code of Wand Use broken for a start. No non-human creature is permitted to carry or use a wand." Bagman appears on the spot and looks up at the dark mark in the sky. Mr. Crouch returns empty-handed to look at his house elf. Bagman said, "The dark mark! Who did it? Did you get them, Barty? What's going on? Where have you been Barty? Why weren't you at the match? You're house elf was saving you a seat, too." Bagman looks at the house elf on the ground and said, "Gulping Gargoyles! What happened to her?" Mr. Crouch said, "I've been busy, Ludo. My house elf has been stunned." Bagman said, "Stunned? By you lot, you mean? But why?" Has he looks at the house elf, it dawned on him. He said, "No! Winky conjure the dark mark? She wouldn't know how! She'd need a wand for a start!" Mr. Diggory said, "She had one. I found her holding one, Ludo. If it's alright with you, Mr. Crouch, I think we should hear what she's got to say for herself." Mr. Crouch points his wand at Winky and said, "Renervate!" Winky wakes up and stands up shakily. She looks up at the sky to see the dark mark and starts to sob. Mr. Diggory said, "Elf! Do you know who I am? I'm a member of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures! As you see, elf, the dark mark was conjured here a short while ago. You were discovered moments later. Right beneath it! An explanation, if you please!" Winky said, "I is not doing it, sir! I is not knowing how, sir!" Mr. Diggory said, showing her the wand, "You were found with a wand in your hand!" Harry recongizes the wand that Mr. Diggory was showing to Winky. He said, "Hey! That's my wand!" Everyone looks at him. Mr. Diggory said, "Excuse me?" Harry said, "That's my wand! I dropped it!" Mr. Diggory said, "You dropped it? Is this a confession? You threw it aside after you conjured the dark mark?" Mr. Weasley said angrily, "Amos! Think who you're talking to! Is Harry Snape likely to conjure the dark mark?!" Mr. Diggory said sheepishly, "Er, of course not. Sorry.... I got carried away." Harry said, "I didn't drop it over there anyways. I missed it right after we got into the woods." Mr. Diggory looks at Winky and said, "So, you found a wand, eh, elf? You picked it up and thought you'd have some fun with it, did you?" Winky said as tears fell down her face, "I is not doing magic with it, sir! I is just picking it up, sir! I is not making the dark mark, sir! I is not knowing how!" Hermione shouted, "It wasn't her! Winky's got a squeaky little voice! The voice we heard doing the incantation was much deeper! It didn't sound anything like Winky, did it?!" Harry said, "No. It definitely didn't sound like a house elf." Snape said, "The voice sounded nothing like Winky here." Ron said, "It definitely wasn't Winky. It was a human voice, not a house elf." Mr. Diggory said, "Well, we'll soon see. There's a simple way of discovering the last spell a wand performed, elf. Did you know that?" Winky was shaking from head to toe as she shakes her head. Mr. Diggory raises his wand and points it to Harry's wand. Mr. Diggory said, "Prior Incantato!" A serpent-tongued skull appeared between the 2 wands. It looked as if it was made of grey smoke. Mr. Diggory said, "Deletrius!" Mr. Diggory lowers his wand and looks at Winky. He said, "So!" Winky said, "I is not doing it! I is not! I is not knowing how! I is a good elf! I isn't using wands! I isn't knowing how!" Mr. Diggory shouted, "You've been caught red-handed, elf! Caught with the guilty wand in your hand!" Mr. Weasley shouted, "Amos! Think about it! Precious few wizards know how to do that spell! Where would she have learned it?!" Mr. Crouch said in cold anger, "Perhaps Amos is suggesting that I routinely teach my servants to conjure the dark mark?" There was silence, then Mr. Diggory said, "Mr. Crouch.... Not at all, sir." Mr. Crouch barked, "You have now come very close to accusing the 2 people in this clearing who are the least likely to conjure the dark mark! Harry Snape and myself! I suppose you are familiar with the boy's story, Amos?!" Mr. Diggory said uncomfortably, "Of course.... Everyone knows...." Mr. Crouch shouted, "I trust you remember the many proofs I have given, over a long career, that I despise and detest the dark arts and those who practice them?!"Mr. Diggory mutters, "Of course I remember, Barty...." Mr. Crouch said, "If you accuse my elf, then you accuse me, Diggory! Where else would she have learned to conjure it?!" Mr. Weasley said, "Precisely! Amos, she might have picked it up anywhere." Mr. Weasley turns to Winky and said, "Winky? Where exactly did you find Harry's wand?" Winky said, "I is finding it there, sir. In the trees, sir." Mr. Weasley turns back to Mr. Diggory and said, "You see, Amos? Whoever conjured the dark mark could have disapparated right after they'd done it, leaving Harry's wand behind. A clever thing to do, not using their own wand, which could have betrayed them. Winky here had the misfortune to come across the wand moments later and picked it up." Mr. Diggory said, "Then she would have been only a few feet away from the real culprit!" Mr. Diggory looks at Winky and said, "Elf? Did you see anyone?" Winky said, "I is seeing no one, sir. No one." Mr. Crouch said, "Amos, I am fully aware that, in the ordinary course of events, you would want to take Winky into your department for questioning. I ask you, however, to allow me to deal with her." Mr. Diggory nods in response. Mr. Crouch said, "You may rest assured that she will be punished." Winky said, "Master.... Master, please...." Mr. Crouch looks at her coldly and said, "Winky has behaved tonight in a manner I would not have believed possible. I told her to remain in the tent. I told her to stay there while I went to sort out the trouble. And I come back to find out that she disobeyed me. This means clothes." Winky shouted, "No! No master! Not clothes! Not clothes!" Harry felt bad for Winky. He knew she wasn't at fault for leaving the campsite. He also knew that to free a house elf, you had to give them clothes for them to wear. Hermione shouted, "She was frightened! Your elf's scared of heights and those wizards in masks were levitating people! You can't blame her for wanting to get out of their way!" Mr. Crouch looks at Hermione, then looks at Winky as if she was something filthy and rotting. He said coldly, "I have no use for a house elf who disobeys me." He looks back at Hermione and said, "I have no use for servants who forgets what is due to her master, and to her master's reputation." Hermione glares at Mr. Crouch as Mr. Weasley said, "Well, I think I'll take my lot back to the tent, if nobody's got any objections. Amos, that wand's told us all it can. If Harry can have it back, please." Mr. Diggory hands Harry his wand back. Harry pockets it and waits for Mr. Weasley. Mr. Weasley said, "Come on." Hermione didn't move. She was now looking at Winky crying on the ground. Mr. Weasley said, firmly, "Hermione!" Hermione turns and follows them out of the clearing.

As they walk through the trees, Hermione said, "What's going to happen to Winky?" Mr. Weasley said, "I don't know." Hermione said furiously, "The way they were treating her! Mr. Diggory calling her elf all the time! And Mr. Crouch, he knows she didn't do it and he's still going to sack her! He didn't care how frightened she'd been, or how upset she was! It was like she wasn't even human!" Ron said, "Well, she's not." Hermione turned towards him and said, "That doesn't mean she hasn't got feelings, Ron! It's disgusting the way they treated her!" Mr. Weasley said, "Hermione, I agree with you, but now is not the the time to discuss elf rights. I want to get back to the tents as fast as we can. What happened to the others?" Ron said, "We lost them in the dark. Dad, why was everyone so uptight about that skull thing?" Mr. Weasley said, "I'll explain everything back at the tents." Harry looks at Snape. Snape gives him a reassuring look, as if to say that everything was going to be ok. When they reach the edge of the woods, their way to the tents was halted by a large group of frightened witches and wizards. When they saw Mr. Weasley coming towards them, they hurried forward to find out what happened. One wizard said, "What's going on in there?" A witch said, "Who conjured it?" Another wizard said, "Arthur, it's not him?" Mr. Weasley said hurriedly, "Of course it's not him. We don't know who it was. It looked like they disapparated. Now excuse me, please. We want to get to bed." He leads, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Snape through the crowd and back into the campsite. It was quiet now. There was no sign of the masked wizards, however, there were several burnt tents that were still smoking. Charlie pokes his head out of the tent and said, "Dad, what's going on? Fred, George and Ginny got back ok, but the others...." Mr. Weasley said, "I've got them here." Mr. Weasley bends down and enters the tent. The others followed suit. Inside, Bill was sitting at the kitchen table, holding a blanket against his arm which was bleeding profusely. Charlie had a large rip in his shirt, but was otherwise fine. Percy had a bloody nose. Fred, George and Ginny looked shakened but were not hurt. Bill said sharply, "Did you get them dad? The person who conjured the dark mark?" Mr. Weasley said, "No. We found Mr. Crouch's house elf holding Harry's wand. But we're none the wiser about who actually conjured the dark mark." Bill, Charlie and Percy said in unison, "What?!" Fred said, "Harry's wand?" Percy said, "Mr. Crouch's house elf?" With some help from Harry, Ron, Hermione and Snape, Mr. Weasley explained what had happened in the woods. When they finished telling them what happened, Percy said, "Well, Mr. Crouch is quite right to get rid of a house elf like that. Running away when he'd expressly told her not to. Embarrassing him in front of the whole Ministry. How would that have looked, if she'd been brought up in front of the Department for the Regulation and Control...." Hermione said, "She didn't do anything! She was in the wrong place at the wrong time!" Percy said, "Hermione, a wizard in Mr. Crouch's position can't afford a house elf who's going to run amok with a wand!" Hermione shouted, "She didn't run amok! She just picked it up off the ground!" Ron said, "Look, can someone just explain what that skull thing was? It wasn't hurting anyone. Why is it such a big deal?" Before Hermione could answer, Snape raises her hand to silence her. Snape said, "It is called the dark mark. It is the symbol of Lord Voldemort." Everyone flinches except. Harry, Hermione and Snape himself. Mr. Weasley said, "Exactly. The thing is Ron, it hasn't been seen for 13 years. So, of course people panicked. It was almost like seeing You-Know-Who again." Ron said, "I don't get it. I mean, it's still only a shape in the sky." Snape said to Mr. Weasley, "May I, Arthur?" Mr. Weasley said, "By all means, Severus." Everyone looks at Snape. Snape said, "Mr. Weasley, Lord Voldemort and his followers sent the dark mark into the sky when ever they killed someone. The terror it inspired.... You are too young to understand how terrifying it was back then.... Imagine, if you will, coming home from work, only to find the dark mark over your house. The feeling of dread.... Knowing that your family could be dead.... It is everyone's worst fear." Bill takes the blanket off to look at his cut. Then he said, "Well, it didn't help us tonight, whoever conjured it. It scared the death eaters away the moment they saw it. They all disapparated before we got near enough to unmask any of them. We caught the Robertses before they hit the ground though. They're having their memories modified right now." Mr. Weasley said, "We can't prove it was them, Bill. Though it probably was." Ron said, "Yeah, I bet it was! Dad, we met Draco Malfoy in the woods. He as good as told us, that his dad was one of those nutters in the masks! We know the Malfoys were right in with You-Know-Who!" Harry said, "What were Voldemort's supporters up to, levitating muggles? I mean, what was the point?" Mr. Weasley said, "The point? Harry, that's their idea of fun. Half of the muggle killings back then when You-Know-Who was in power were for fun. I suppose they had a few too many drinks tonight and couldn't resist reminding us all that lots of them are still at large. A nice little reunion for them." Ron said, "If they were death eaters, why did they disapparate when they saw the dark mark? They'd have been pleased to see it, wouldn't they?" Bill said, "Use your brains, Ron. If they really were death eaters, they worked very hard to keep out of Azkaban when You-Know-Who lost power. They told all sorts of lies about him forcing them to kill and torture people. I bet they'd be even more frightened than the rest of us to see him come back. They denied they'd ever been involved with him when he lost his powers. They all ended up going back to their daily lives. I don't reckon that he'd be overly pleased with them, do you?" Hermione said, "So, whoever conjured the dark mark.... Were they doing it to show support for the death eaters or to scare them away?" Mr. Weasley said, "Your guess is as good as ours, Hermione. But, I'll tell you this: It was only a death eater who ever knows how to conjure it. I'd be very surprised if the person who did it, hadn't been a death eater once, even if they're not now." Harry and Snape exchanged looks for a moment before looking back at Mr. Weasley. Mr. Weasley said, "Listen, it's very late. If your mother hears what's happened, she'll be worried sick. We'll get a few hours of sleep, then we'll try and get and early Portkey out of here." Snape, Harry, Bill, Charlie and Percy went into their tents and got ready for bed after saying good night to everyone. Fred, George, Ron, Ginny and Hermione went into their rooms and went to bed. Mr. Weasley went to his room and went to bed, falling asleep some time later. Harry looks at Snape and whispers, "I really hope that everything will be ok. First my vison, then my scar burned and now this...."Snape whispers back, " The dark mark on my forearm is burning a little for some time now. The burning sensation comes and goes.... I have a feeling that all of this is connected somehow.... I just don't know how.... Until I can figure it all out, you will remain safe. You know I will protect you with my life, Harry. You're my son and a father protects his son. So, for now, everything will be ok. Try to sleep, Harry." Harry nods, "Ok, dad. I'll try. Good night, dad." Snape whispers back, "Good night, son." They get into bed and eventually fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 528 61
Haley Snape finally gets to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry although against her so called "fathers" wishes. But the two will do an...
574 73 26
When the body of Cedric Diggory is laid to rest a decision is made between a group of friends who's divide was about to feel larger than politics. Th...
6.9K 242 25
Raven puts the vision he had last year in the back of his mind, hopeful towards the future. The Quidditch World Cup, and the Tri-Wizard tournament ar...
39.1K 1.2K 22
Harry had just had a creature inheritance, and realized he had been betrayed by the people he thought he could call his friends. What if it was all...