The Red Hood & The Red Head

By TheWryter

In which a 25 year old rambunctious fuckgirl, billionaire, genius meets a 26 year old cunning yet calm and co... More

Aesthetic/Quotes
Wayne Penthouse
Ch 1
Ch 3
Ch 4
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 9
Ch 10
Ch 11
Ch 12
Ch 13
Ch 14
Ch 15
Ch 16
Ch 17

Ch 2

17.7K 638 183
By TheWryter

I was in the board meeting leaned back in my seat at the head of the table while Joker's ring was being rolled between my fingers subconsciously as I stared down absentmindedly even though I was listening intently. A lollipop in my mouth, I had a bowl out thinking it would be a nice gesture but all the board members are old geezers who probably can't handle such candy or they're just being professional, which was also understandable.

Natalie is in the corner of the room in her own seat, taking notes of any key points in the meeting.

"Wayne Enterprises has been under intense public scrutiny in the wake of Mr.Wayne's passing." I hear one of the oldest board members, Donald Menken speak.

"You mean people are shocked that the infamous Batman was the most famous man in Gotham who was murdered by Superman, a man people looked up too for protection like some sort of, god." I break my silence looking up to see the other board members looking down silently, not knowing what to say. 

"Given that...Much of that scrutiny may fall on you now. We felt that plausible deniability was your best option." Donald continues.

"You want me to lie about who my dad was? After everything he did for us, for everyone, for Gotham?" I question offended.

He opens his mouth but I continue.

"How do I even deny it when everyone already knows?" I shrug at the stupidity of this man waving my lollipop around a bit.

"Jackie-

"It's Ms.Wayne. We're not friends." I tell him matter of factly.

"But you know what? I get it. You guys don't trust me." I sigh standing up from my seat needing to move around.

Natalie looks up at the billionaire intently at her sudden movement.

"I mean, I'm up in my neck in tattoos, I cuss, I do what I want no matter who's watching and you guys don't like that. But I've done a lot for this company and a lot that you guys don't know about. And now I'm the face that runs the place. My dad may have sat back and let you guys do what you want but I'm not him and I don't trust anyone in this room including myself so I will be involved and whether you like it or not I'm here to stay. Anybody got a problem with that?" I raise a brow leaning on the table looking at everyone's faces.

Silence. None of them making eye contact.

"Good. Then you can all keep your jobs..for now." I sigh stepping back.

"Now, earlier this week I was looking at some of the old books. Some being actual old physical files and I was running some numbers and man...some shit doesn't add up. Literally. I got some zeros missing and some commas." I chuckle shaking me head.

"So um..can you explain that, Mr.Chief Financial Officer?" I raise a brow to Donald who slowly turns to me.

"*clears throat* Well I don't know exactly-

"Oh and for those who would like to follow along you may turn to page 13 in the folder in front of you.*pages being flipped is heard throughout the room* I took the opportunity and made copies of some of the files. Slowly, hundreds, then thousands, then tens of thousands being taken out of branches of Wayne Enterprises. Specifically, The Thomas Wayne Foundation which we all know is the foundation for medicine and medical help. Also being responsible for funding the Thomas Wayne Memorial Clinic in Park Row, and the foundation funds and runs dozens of other free clinics all over the city. In layman's terms, Donald Duck over here has been embezzling money from Wayne Enterprises for decades." I state and all eyes in the room shift to him.

"H-how dare you accuse me of such a thing? That money was just transferred to another department that was low on funding." Donald asks with a taken aback scoff.

"Then what about the money from The Martha Wayne Foundation? The foundation that supports and helps to run a number of orphanages and free schools, and provides teachers for those who have learning difficulties. That foundation sponsors companies like Family Finders Inc. in Gotham. Which is an organization directed at finding lost people and uniting families. The foundation sponsors and runs dozens of soup kitchens within the city." I clench my jaw and Donald doesn't say anything so I continue to speak.

"I actually gave you the benefit of the doubt, Menken. I did. But then I took the liberty to see the records of some of your assets. And the dates correlate to when the money was taken and some purchases you made. Boats, vacation homes, time shares, vacations, watches, cars. You took money away from soup kitchens and medical clinics for a Porsche? Those are shit cars anyways!" I scoff trying to control my temper.

"Then to really affirm this, I spoke to your wife. She's hot by the way. Way younger and outta your league. I don't know what she sees in you. Maybe it was the things you provided her that weren't yours to begin with. But in the end, I got her to tell me what I needed to know and at one point she couldn't keep her mouth shut." My lips twitch up a bit and Donald finally breaks his silence as he catches on.

"You twisted bitch-

"No you're the bastard who took money from the company who put food on your table for 40 years and didn't have his fill!" I slap the table.

"I would actually be less mad if you took the money from Wayne Entertainment or my WayneWear line but god damn it disrespecting my family's legacy is a line I won't allow anyone cross!" I exclaim.

Donald then gets up from his seat.

"I don't have to sit here and listen to this-

He then goes to leave but I grab his by his suit.

Natalie sits up in her seat, her eyes paying close attention along with everyone else, not knowing what to expect.

"You're not going anywhere." I grit.

"Jackie-

"What are you gonna do? Kill me? Kill me with all these witnesses?" Donald questions amused cutting Lucius off and I release an airy chuckle as I let him go flattening out his suit back to its smoothness from his shoulders.

"No I'm not gonna kill you. Because that's momentary satisfaction." I say looking at his tie as I fix it.

"I, want to see you rot." I emphasize looking up into his eyes as I tighten the tie, cutting his airflow.

I let him go and he loosens his tie so he can breathe again. I then press a button on the intercom that was on the table.

"Luke, bring 'em in please." I say before releasing the button.

"Luke?-

The door opens cutting Lucius off and Luke comes in with two police officers by his side.

"Right over there officers." Luke motions to Donald.

"Donald Menken you are under arrest for embezzlement. You have the right to remain silent everything you say can and will be used against you." One of the police officers tells him cuffing his hands behind his back.

Donald then looks over at me.

"This isn't over." His jaw hardens glaring at me but I remain unfazed as I hold his gaze.

"I'll be here." I state.

Donald is then taken away and the door is closed. I release a breath rubbing my neck.

"So.." I start as I sit back down in my seat.

"Does anybody have anything they wanna come clean with?" I ask motioning for anyone to speak out.

"I- I took a pear from the cafeteria and didn't pay for it!" One of them stammers out.

"It's okay Kevin, next time just pay for the pear." I tell him calmly.

"*nods* Okay. I'm really sorry." He says.

"Kevin. It's okay." I assure trying to ease his nerves.

"Anyone else?" I raise a brow looking around the table.

Silence.

"Okay. I background checked everyone and, you're all clean. Thank you, for remaining loyal to the company for all these years and after these difficulties times. In your office you will see a gift basket on your desk. A small gift from me as a welcome, to the new Wayne Enterprises. To the new empire." I say with a small smile.

Lucius smiles slightly looking at Jackie proudly.

"So, that will conclude our meeting, you may all leave. Thank you for your time." I say and they get up from their seats.

Natalie takes one last look at the billionaire before leaving the room.

I go by the door and the board members shake my hand and actually give me compliments as they leave. The last board member comes up to me and I smile since I've known him for years.

"You're doing great kid. Your dad would be proud." He says shaking my hand and pats my shoulder.

"Thank you, Mr.Lee." I nod appreciative.

"The name's Stan, don't have to call me that Mr. stuff. Makes me feel old." He says making me chuckle.

"How old are you anyway?" I question amused.

"Young enough to rock one of those suits. I'll send you my measurements." He says looking at my suit before leaving.

Now it's just Lucius and I. I go back to my seat and grab a bottle and glass that was under the table, pouring myself a drink. There's a small moment of silence before he speaks up.

"I'm sorry Jackie. I should've caught the embezzlement. This is on me-

"It's alright Lucius I'm not blaming you." I sigh softly cutting him off.

"You have a lot on your plate. Can't be everywhere. Besides he was doing that shit before your time." I add.

"That was a great catch though." He says and I nod.

"I have a point to prove." I state taking a sip.

"Which is?..."

"That I'm not my father!" I pace around.

"I think you just made that very clear." He chuckles with a tilt of his head.

I huff loosening my tie a bit and tug at my collar as I rub my neck.

"What's wrong with your neck?" He asks curiously and I turn to him briefly.

"Huh? Just a, collar rash. I'm not used to wearing suits everyday." I brush off moving my collar a bit to feel some relief and he hums with a nod.

"Kinda ironic that you have a line of suits and you hate wearing them." He comments which is true.

I own WayneWear which is a clothing line and I have suits and other clothing but he's right on that one. I wasn't used to wearing suits until I have taken over Wayne Enterprises and wear one everyday.

Lucius then gets up from his seat and straightens out his suit.

"Look I'm gonna finish what you uncovered about Menken. Hopefully it won't have much media coverage. I can't take much more of their bullshit." He says as he makes his way to the door.

He stops turning back to me.

"You didn't really sleep with Donald's wife...right?" He asks.

"..It wasn't initially on the agenda." I say bringing my glass up to my lips.

"What am I gonna do with you?" He shakes his head.

"Just put up with me I guess." I shrug and he sighs leaving the room.

I turn around and look out at the huge window seeing my own reflection. I tug at my collar to see slightly darken veins creeping up my neck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 53 41
*Book one of the Femme Fatale series* **Under Editing** Everybody knows the infamous Marvel stories and the characters within them. It's fiction, a s...
1.7K 32 16
When two superhero teams meet by chance... Do they become friends? Or enemies? But when a great evil joins forces with the evils they fight, what wou...
284K 4.5K 18
Y/N L/N has his life changed after meeting Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Takes place after The Avengers (2012) but none of the other Avengers films exis...
5K 159 33
15 year old Ash Oakley, New York's newest vigilante, thinks she is texting her friend Juni, but when she puts in an 8 instead of a 0, she starts to u...