Middle-Earth Oneshots | ✎

By celebrimbro

Requests: Closed (Temporarily) Requests in line: 0 These are some oneshots for any of your favorite character... More

~《Introduction》~
Tagging Along - Legolas x Reader
Big News - Lindir x Reader
Promises - Kili x Reader
First Kiss - Haldir x Reader
Coming Home - Bilbo x Reader
May It Be - Lindir x Reader
The Hobbit Characters Play Lego The Hobbit
The Ball - Thranduil x Reader
Injured - Legolas x Reader
Books - Lindir x Reader
The Plan - Arwen x Reader
Unexpected Party - Thorin x Reader
Writings - Ori x Reader
Newborn - Glorfindel x Reader
Baking - Erestor x Reader
Memory - Éowyn x Reader
Horseback Riding - Éomer x Reader
Prom - Maedhros x Reader
False Love - Rúmil x Reader
Set Up - Orophin x Reader
Dance - Maglor x Reader
Courting - Finrod x Reader
Letters - Thranduil x Reader
Sick - Haldir x Reader
The Stars - Lindir x Reader
Into the West - Elrond x Reader
Family - Glorfindel x Reader
Jewelry - Celebrimbor x Reader
Heartbreak - Faramir x Reader
Love Advice - Gildor x Reader
Sneaking In - Maedhros x Reader
The Elf and the Woman - Éowyn x Reader
The Forest - Dior x Reader
A Tale of Lust and Love - Finrod x Reader
Electric Love - Finrod x Reader
Jealousy - Haldir x Reader
Secrets - Orophin x Reader
Dinner Party - Éomer x Reader
Celebration - Lindir x Reader
Wedding Night - Rúmil x Reader
Masks - Legolas x Reader
Young and Beautiful - Glorfindel x Reader
Loss - Túrin x Reader
Learning to Love - Maeglin x Reader
Keeping Quiet - Haldir x Reader
Reunited - Finrod x Reader
Unworthy - Celebrimbor x Reader
Running Far - Arwen x Reader
Morning Walk - Merry x Reader
Unrequited Love - Kili x Reader
Paper Rings - Éowyn x Reader

Bows and Arrows - Rúmil x Reader

464 6 0
By celebrimbro

So recently I started school and it's kind of draining my energy but I'll try to keep writing oneshots cause I'm doing this for fun.

Word count: 1,277 words

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

You had the string of your bow stretched. A target was ahead of you, and you were trying to hit the bullseye. As a mortal among the elves, you felt that you didn't fit in. The forest of Lórien was full of the beautiful, immortal beings, many of them skilled with a bow and arrow. That was why you practiced your marksmanship.

After a long time of you hesitating, you let go of the string. The arrow flew left of the target, meaning that you completely missed your mark. Frustratingly groaning, you went to pick up your arrow, but as you placed your hands on the arrow, a soft, pale hand went on top of yours. It was definitely an elf. Specifically, it was Rúmil, your friend.

"You completely missed the target." he told you. "Not to be insulting in any way, but I believe that you need lessons. Allow me to teach you." His hands went to your arms as he helped you aim for the target.

The string of the bow was pulled back. Rúmil made sure that your footing was proper. Then, the arrow was released, and it hit the target. Not on the bullseye, but you were only beginning, so that was fine

"There. Perhaps we should continue these lessons until you have the hang of this." Rúmil said. His fingers traced your arms all the way to your shoulders and then let go of you.

He walked away, leaving you alone in your thoughts. His touch was so gentle, and you were already excited for tomorrow's lessons.

Rúmil was the youngest of three brothers. This meant that he was young for an elf, yet much older than you. Elves and Men didn't always act extremely friendly or romantic with one another. But you and Rúmil were an exception. Nothing romantic happened between you two, but there was a lot of chemistry between you.

The elf's brothers even noticed. Haldir and Orophin, Rúmil's brothers, had bothered your dear friend about it. They would often try to set you two up on a date. However, their plans never worked, for you were too nervous to go on each one. You didn't know if Rúmil went to the dates, but he probably didn't.

Night came, and out in the forest, there was a beautiful darkness. The elves didn't seem to sleep, as they sang a soothing melody all night long. You lay in bed, trying your best to fall asleep. When you were so close to going to sleep, you heard a noise come from outside. It startled you, so you went to check the source of the sound.

There was a soft knock on your door, which you assumed was the noise that scared you. Who was at your door this late at night? They should know that you actually need sleep. The door slowly opened, revealing Rúmil, who then strode into your room.

"Rúmil, what are you doing?" you asked. "Why are you here?"

"I want to be with you right now." Rúmil replied.

"Alright." you whispered. "Stay with me. Be my very good friend. However, I still find this a little odd."

"Sorry about the sudden entrance, I did this because I needed some company. The company of my best friend." Rúmil sat on your bed and you followed, sitting next to him. His silver hair flowed all the way down to his mid-back. It was soft, and you began to play with it. Elven hair was just so... perfect. "Could you braid my hair?" You nodded, grabbing three strands of your friend's hair and softly twisted it into a braid.

Although it didn't seem to be one, this was a moment where you and Rúmil bonded. A gentle moment where you felt this little feeling inside of you. What it was, you had to find out.

Once his hair was braided, Rúmil laid down on your bed. Haldir and Orophin better not learn about this. If they did, they would bother you forever. You didn't love Rúmil. At least you thought you didn't.

"Maybe it's time for you to leave." you said, as you yawned. It was late, and you needed some sleep. After all, there were lessons to be taken tomorrow, and you didn't want to be sleepy during them.

"Okay then... goodnight." Rúmil whispered, as he got up and left your room. He disappeared into the night, heading home.

"Goodnight." you whispered.

You tucked yourself into bed, listening to the soft singing of the elves outside. All of Lothlórien was at peace. Just the way it should be. Ever since that day when you ended up in the forest, you fell in love with it. The beauty of it captivated you. The trees, the flowers... just everything about it was perfect.

The next afternoon, you went outside to practice using your bow and arrow. Rúmil should be coming soon to help you, so you sat down on the grass and waited. A few minutes passed before you saw an elf approaching.

Rúmil's silver hair was tied up in an elvish hairstyle. He walked right up to you and held his hand out for you to take it. Your hand grasped his, and you stood up, ready for your lessons. The bow was in your hands as you grabbed an arrow.

Your friend assisted you in positioning yourself perfectly for this shot. He whispered a few things into your ear, his calming voice putting you at ease. Feeling a little confident, you drew back the string of the bow, Rúmil's hand grabbing your arm.

"You can do this." he whispered into your ear. "Believe in yourself. I love you." His last three words had caught you off guard, making you release the arrow. You watched it flop to the ground.

"Rúmil, was that a distraction?" you asked. "If so, I don't think it was a good idea to distract me. You're supposed to help me."

"It wasn't a distraction. It was the truth." Rúmil responded. You were in absolute shock. He loved you?

"I... have to go." you said, running off to your home. Did you love him back? Well, he never truly trailed off your mind. And every second you spent with Rúmil was purely amazing. Also, he had opened up to you and showed that elves could have flaws, and instead of despising his flaws, you accepted them. You would smile every time he would act a little cocky, laugh when he pranked you, and sometimes he could be a little clingy, sure, but you were fine with it. He was just adorable.

You were in love.

Soon, the Sun set, and you could not sleep. Elves were singing, but you just couldn't be soothed. Only one thing could finally calm you down. Telling Rúmil the truth.

As if he read your mind, Rúmil knocked on your door. Here goes nothing. You opened the door. He had a flower in his hands. It was gorgeous, and the colors were appealing to your eyes. Letting out a little, "Aww," you took the flower and looked at Rúmil.

"Why don't you come on in?" you told Rúmil. He entered your house and went straight to your bed to sit down. You went to your bed and laid down, your back on Rúmil's laps. "So... did you come here because of what you told me earlier?"

"Yes, in fact, I did." Rúmil began. "Listen to me. I love you. And I mean it."

You sat up, wrapping your arms around Rúmil in a sweet embrace. As you were still hugging him, you whispered into his ear, "I love you, too."

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

That's the oneshot for now! I hope you liked it.

Novaer, mellyn nin!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

933K 22.1K 194
Requests are open!! !!!!!!NEW!!!!!! You can request oneshots, quickshots, preferences, AND imagines!! MOSTLY 'THE HOBBIT' CHARACTERS I ALSO INCLUDE B...
172K 2.1K 33
Y/n, Daughter of Elrond has been a strong and independent elf all her life. She sets out on a journey to destroy the one ring along with the other me...
38.7K 839 22
A LORD OF THE RINGS STORY: Eline, daughter of Lord Elrond has been kept a secret for many years. She is courageous and fearless, much different to h...
167K 2.6K 40
Dramione oneshots, just like the title says. Completed for now, but if there are any requests I'll come back. Disclaimer: Most of the characters and...