Total Control || Todoroki Sho...

By _snowstar_

Watanabe Kaiyo never had the greatest childhood, forcing her to grow up to understand an adult's mind at a ra... More

prologue || recommendations test
part i || where there is friendship
one || surprise assessment
two || combat training
three || usj incident
four || sports festival
five || the first round
six || cavalry battle
seven || one-on-one
eight || todoroki enji
nine || hero killer
ten || i'm here for you
eleven || internships
twelve || reckless
thirteen || no teasing
fourteen || finals
fifteen || my terms
sixteen || practical exam
seventeen || prove yourself
eighteen || pool time
part ii || where there is love
nineteen || training camp
twenty || break your limits
twenty-one || league of villains
twenty-two || gone
twenty-three || the past resurfaces
twenty-four || rough ends
twenty-five || the traitor among us
twenty-six || similarities
twenty-seven || origin
twenty-eight || relaxation
twenty-nine || welcome back
thirty || unrivaled judgement
thirty-one || rescue
thirty-two || past mistakes
thirty-three || lending shoulders
thirty-four || the big three
thirty-five || unpleasant meetings
thirty-six || time to get a move on
thirty-seven || unforeseen hope
thirty-nine || meeting eri
forty || school festival
forty-one || another visit
forty-two || momo's pulsating heart
forty-three | festival day
forty-four | hero charts
forty-five | heart attacks
Author's Note
part iii | where there is hope
forty-six | i-expo
forty-seven | who you are
forty-eight | reception part mishaps
forty-nine | cheap tricks
fifty | the future's heroes
fifty-one | preparations
fifty-two || sleep-deprived
oneshot: for cold soba
fifty-three || nabu island
fifty-four || it has begun
fifty-five || an even fight

thirty-eight || family

170 6 0
By _snowstar_

A/N: I have a few minutes to spare before my next exam, so here you go!

Enjoy reading!!!

_____

Kaiyo's PoV

A few hours after Aizawa briefed me on what happened, I was all healed up by Recovery Girl and I was good to go. It seems like the only reason for me to stay in the hospital was because I was unconscious. The rest of my injuries were almost fine now and I only feel sore on some parts.

I changed back into my school uniform and stood from the hospital bed, grabbing my uniform case along with me. I walked out of my room since I was already discharged and met up with Midoriya outside the hospital. It seems like he wasn't the only one there. Kirishima was back in good shape too.

"Kaiyo! You're okay!" Kirishima ran over and hugged me tightly. "They said you were on critical condition! That was frightening!"

"Imagine what Todoroki-kun would do if he finds out." Midoriya sweat-dropped behind Kirishima.

Yeah, he would be furious.

Chuckling, I patted Kirishima's back and carefully pulled away from his hold. I am missing Class A now. That battle felt like it went for days. It was extremely exhausting, and nothing like any of the missions I have gone to when I was an intern under Endeavor.

For some reason, we always end up in hospital beds too.

"We should get going," I say.

"Kirishima Eijiro, Midoriya Izuku, Watanabe Kaiyo."

We turned to the source of the voice and found policemen standing outside their car. "Sorry to bother you after your discharge, but we would like you to come to the station and answer some questions about the Shie Hassaikai incident." He says.

"Of course,"

"We understand,"

We willingly got inside the police car and was soon brought to the station. It seems like it will take a little longer for us to head back to our family.

***

After answering the police and their questions, we were dropped off to the front gate of UA. It was already night time when we finished, so we were able to meet up with Uraraka and Tsuyu who just arrived the same time as us.

"Kaiyo-chan, you scared all of us!" Uraraka and Tsuyu ran over to hug me.

"You were the only one who was fatal within our class, kero!"

I found myself smiling softly as I hugged the both of them back tightly. I'm sure that I wasn't the only one grieving and still trying to process all that happened. We were still students, yet this mission already threw many on us. "The both of you did great. I'm sorry for having you all worry." She mumbles.

As I pulled away, I told them that we should get inside the dorms now and ease the others from their own worries. They probably saw the whole thing on television, so they may be antsy with our return.

Midoriya comes up to open the door and in an instant, the entire Class A surrounded us at the front door. I closed the door after everyone got inside, chuckling a little at them bombarding questions and their worries.

"Kaiyo, I'm glad you're alright!" Momo comes up to hug me, to which I returned with a bright grin of my own.

"Thanks, Momo." I hum.

"I'll make some lavender tea to help you all ease up!" She exclaims, pulling away to run towards the kitchen. "Try some of the chocolate cake I made!" Sato says.

I quickly scooted over and took a piece, moaning in delight of the delicious treat. I couldn't help but feel tired after today. We still need to get a peaceful sleep after what happened.

The problem is how exactly we're going to do just that with Nighteye's death implanted in our heads.

"Kaiyo! Man, you really are a tough cookie!" Kaminari and Sero came up to her with Kirishima trapped under their arms. "Heard you took a beating!"

"Tsk, like I'll ever let him kill me." I laughed. "I'm alright, you two. No need to worry."

Sero and Kaminari are practically open books to me now. Months of growing closer to the entire Class A made me aware of their habits and behavior in any situation. It honestly came in handy. Because of it, reading their emotions became easier. In the battlefield, it's easier to read their movements too.

"I'm going to turn in early." I said. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay! You all deserve to get some rest after all that!" Iida exclaims.

Nodding gratefully for understanding, I moved to the elevator where Bakugo just entered.

"Midoriya, Asui, Uraraka, Kirishima, I'm sorry, but I need to go too." Shoto appears from behind the back door, holding his phone.

I innocently peeked over the elevator and grinned at his nearing figure. He comes inside the elevator and stood between me and Bakugo. The hedgehog scoffed when Shoto suddenly pressed a tender kiss on my forehead.

"I'm home," I grin.

It wasn't long until we reached our floor and came out of the elevator. As I was about to enter my room, Shoto takes my wrist with his free hand and dragged me towards his room.

He locks the door behind him when we're inside, not giving me a second to process what was happening as he wrapped his arms tightly around my figure. "S-Shoto?" My hands slowly came up behind his back and head, letting him bury his face on the crook of my neck.

"Aizawa-sensei told me." He whispered weakly. "I was the first he told of."

My expression dropped, finally getting why he was suddenly like this. "He did, huh?"

"Kaiyo, that was incredibly dangerous and reckless. I expected you to be the same on this mission, but not that far!" He pulled away and held me tightly by my shoulders, his heterochromatic eyes locking with my own.

It was only then I noticed the drops of liquid threatening to fall from his eyes. Shoto rarely cries. I don't think he ever willingly does so.

I could only stay silent and listen to him as he released all his bottled feelings of worry and panic. It was the least I could do after worrying him so much. My teeth nibbled on my bottom lip as he backed me up against the door while still ranting out to me. It wasn't long until I felt my back hit against the smooth surface of the door and I was trapped between it and him.

"You're always like this..." He croaked. "Gosh, you've always been like this and you always will be 'cause you're that caring. No one can stop you from risking your own life for those you care for, but please...."

His head falls on my shoulder. The tears falling from his eyes prickled down my slippers as his grip loosened around me. I took his silence as my time to give back to him, apologizing softly as I cupped his cheeks softly and lifted his face to meet mine. "I'm here now, Shoto." I leaned on his forehead, eyes closing as I genuinely smiled at him. "I'm here,"

I swiftly leaned forward and locked my lips with his own, pouring all my apologies and love in that one kiss that we both needed to feel at ease. His tears wet my own cheeks as he kissed me back, his hands pulling me against his chest in an attempt to be closer. My arms wrapped around his neck tightly with my feet tiptoeing to reach his height.

Feeling his tongue swipe made me part my lips willingly and let his wet muscle meet with mine. Battling for dominance, he brought my legs up to his waist and supported my weight as he pressed me against him and the door.

He brings me to his Japanese futon on the ground and hovered over my figure, but it wasn't long until I switched positions with him and I was the one on top. I moved to kiss his cheeks, down to his jawline until I reached his neck. Peppering him with kisses that reassured him of my presence still here, with him.

I couldn't blame him for being very worried. That mission was very dangerous, and I was lucky that I was alive. Any ordinary person would have died after entering that battlefield in just a second, which brings me to understand why I need to make him feel that I'm still here.

That was a traumatizing moment for the both of us. I can't just think about myself when he himself was worrying his ass without being able to do anything because of his current situation.

As I kissed up his lips again, I leaned over to his scar and gently kissed under his eye. "I'm here," I whispered. "I'm still with you."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me down to his chest, burying his face on my shoulder once again. "Please, stay here." He mumbled. "Sleep with me. Just for tonight."

I smiled softly, nodding back.

Shoto may not be one to publicly show his true feelings, but this side of him never left my mind. Even he needs to be assured that everything will be alright. His cold demeanor wasn't about to faze me now.

"Kaiyo,"

"Hmm?"

"You did it." He whispered softly. "You saved her."

A smile tugged my lips. "Yeah,"

I rested my head on his shoulder, snuggling close to his warmth as we both soon fell under the sleeping spell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 9.6K 54
{[Warning: manga spoilers]} The students have finally graduated UA and are continuing their good work as some of the top heroes in the world. A slic...
1.6M 45.8K 80
Y/N L/N, an insanely talented 15 year old girl with an incredible quirk. Accepted into UA High School, the best hero school in all of Japan with the...
586K 26.3K 26
- in which an awkward girl falls for her childhood bestfriend. [ #69 shoto | 2/16/20 ] STARTED: 6/28/19 ENDED: 3/12/20 note: don't read this it was m...
1K 15 7
*free for anyone else to use* d a t a l o a d i n g . . . p l a y e r o n e r e a d y . . . g a m e s t a r t as much as I love BNHA, it does...