Freshman, a Diary | Completed

By Shutoya

Tshedza loses her virginity to her boyfriend's best friend, now she has to understand what true love is as sh... More

1. The Meet
2. The Friends
3. The Party i
4. The Party ii
5. The Mystery Guy
6. The Family
7. The Sex
8. The Shame
9. The Secrets
10. The Cheating
11. The Warning
12. The Kiss
13. The Visit
14. The Ruin
15. The Curse
16. The Repeat
17. The Revenge
18. The First Time
19. The Disease
20. The Results
21. The Blessers i
22. The Blessers ii
23. The Date
24. The House
25. The Couple
26. The Drama
27. The Pregnancy
28. The Breakup
29. The Tragedy
30. The Hope

Introduction

459 27 15
By Shutoya

February

Okay, let's do this...

Um, how do I start?... Okay here is the thing, my sister brought me a backpack full of stationery a few days ago, and from it, I found this journal, with a note 'MAKE IT MEMORABLE'. I remember a while back when I used to own a journal. When I started eighth grade, I bought one for myself to record my high school life. I really believed I would fill it before I even finish a year. I have completed my high school almost two months ago, and believe me, my diary from 5 years ago is just half full.

So here we are, 5 years later and I'm trying to replicate my 13-year-old self. Let's see how long this one takes to fill; a degree, honours, masters, we will see.

By the way, I'm Tshedza, I guess that's the first thing I must write on the first page of this journal, my name. I am 18 years old if that is even important. I just turned 18 a few weeks ago so don't judge me, I am now officially a grown-up, I can boast a little.

I have just moved to a students' residence in Braamfontein, attending my first year at the University of Witwatersrand. To tell you the truth, this is the best part of my life, I think. Having all this freedom to myself without anyone trying to come to visit me (my mom), it's great, I guess this is the beginning of a good life.

It has only just been a week since I have been granted this freedom I'm enjoying, maybe I'm getting so excited too soon, but then again, I am that kind of person who lives in the moment, not worrying of what tomorrow holds. I just enjoy the moment, and this is what I have been doing since day 1 of this freedom, enjoying while it lasts.

Well, maybe the fact that I call 'chilling indoors watching movies on my laptop' freedom, is what makes me unusual. I mean, my mom is not here, I should be going out, meeting cute guys, having sex already, but my scared little self fears walking these streets of Johannesburg by myself.

The whole of last week I guess I was just familiarizing myself with this precious room I don't want to get out of. But this week it's orientation week, I have no choice but to get out eventually. Other than boring stuff that is supposed to be exciting, my friend and I are at least planning on attending the Freshers party on the last day of orientation week, I guess that's when my college life begins.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391 16 12
A coming-of-age story that people can relate too. read and leave comments please and thank you for reading
56 0 9
When a young Vanessa lives her life by a schedule so she had control of her life, it was easy. But, then she graduates from high school. Vanessa want...
393 20 23
A beautiful young women finds herself in a love triangle with two men. She struggles deciding on who to chose, to find out a dark secects that might...
928 18 27
Everyone' s first love is special one for them... And it's a story about how a girl found her first love but because of that she have to face lots of...