The Lies We Tell (MXMXM)

By VampireFreak_99

Scottie works for one of the biggest law firms in the state of Seattle as a detective. He just got promoted a... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE: The Mystery Man
CHAPTER THREE: Dead Man's Standing
CHAPTER FOUR: Tate's Plan
CHAPTER FIVE: A Bust
Chapter Six: Reunited & It Feels So Good
CHAPTER SEVEN: Sleepover Time
CHAPTER EIGHT: Tension
CHAPTER NINE: Operation: Find the Hoes
CHAPTER TEN: The Real Man is Back
Chapter Eleven: High School Visit
Chapter Twelve: The Talk
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Doing the Most
Chapter Fourteen: Finding Luca pt. 1
NOT AN UPDATE: SCHEDULE OF UPDATES
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Scottie's Therapist Session #1
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Finding Luca pt. 2
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: A Bombshell Just Dropped
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: It's About Time for the Truth
Chapter Nineteen: Scottie's Drunken State
Chapter Twenty: Scottie's Therapist Session #2
Chapter Twenty-One: Scottie's Own Investigation
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: Scottie's Talk

CHAPTER TWO: Secrets

2.6K 75 1
By VampireFreak_99

*Scottie's p.o.v.*

-The next morning-

I couldn't stop thinking about last night. I mean, who could forget that I was rescued by a man built like that. I blushed at my thoughts as I was getting ready for work. Just as I was about to cook breakfast, someone knocked on my door. I walked over to my door and saw someone holding up a badge.

I opened the door immediately and saw two FBI agents standing in front of my apartment door.

"Lieutenant Scottie, may we come in?" One of them spoke up.

"Sure, I was just about to cook breakfast," I told them. They sat at the stools near my counter. I was making myself some breakfast as they started talking.

"Okay, I don't know an easier way to tell you this, but have you seen this man?" They held up a picture of the man who tried to attack me last night.

"Yes, he tried to attack me last night, but someone saved me," I admitted.

"Well, he was found dead this morning." They told me, and I froze. What....he was found dead when I just saw him last night being dragged away. Something in my mind was telling me to tell them that I saw him being dragged away, but another part of me was telling me that something was going on that only I can investigate.

"I guess karma got him back for trying to attack me," I stated.

"I guess so, but why would he attack you. He has a clean record, and to suddenly say one day, I am going to attack you, it is pretty odd." The FBI agent stated.

"But you did mention someone saving you. Do you remember how he looked like?"

"No. He had a mask, so I was not able to see him." I said.

"Okay, I don't want to freak you out because I know this is a touchy topic, but we asked around about him, and he used to work for Giovanni and Romano's father, which means he would have direct contact with Gio and Roman...he was last heard being their bodyguard. Did you know this?"

Wait...so you mean to tell me that the man who tried to attack me use to be directly around Gio and Roman, and he was their bodyguard.

"I did not know that," I said shockingly.

"Why would someone they trust try to attack me?" I asked.

"That is what we are trying to figure out because it seems that you are being targeted."

"What do you mean I am being targeted?" I asked with my eyes wide.

"You have had five attempted attacks before this..correct." The other FBI agent asked.

"Yes, but these attacks are not planned right," I questioned.

"If you are being targeted like we suspect you are, then yes, because it seems that the people that have attacked you have ended being murdered, and they were associated with or knew Giovanni and Romano." The main FBI pointed out.

"But why would I be a target? I don't understand what you are trying to say." I commented.

"Should we tell him?" the other FBI agent asked. He sighed before looking at me.

"Okay, this is not public information yet, but we are investigating the disappearance of Giovanni and Romano."

"What the hell do you mean the disappearance of Gio and Roman? They are dead. They died in a car crash years ago."

"Here is the thing, the two bodies that were in that car did not match to Gio and Roman's DNA. It matched the DNA of the two men who attacked you all those years ago. It was not Gio and Roman." The FBI agent said. I looked at them in disbelief.

"That is not possible. There was a funeral. It was their car. That can't be possible."

"The evidence does not lie. Those two men who died in Gio and Roman's car was not Gio or Roman. They are still out there because I wasn't going to say this either, but we have been doing an ongoing investigation for a year about Gio and Roman because both of their DNA ended up on a crime scene from last year." I just looked at them, shocked.

The evidence is right in front of me, and it is making me question everything. 

What happened to them? I mean, there is evidence of their DNA on a crime scene from last year. I mean looking at the facts, it makes me think, are they out there...watching me? Did they commit the crime since their DNA was on the crime scene? There are so many thoughts that are going through my head right now, and I want answers. 

I knew the only way of getting them was finding them and doing my little investigation. With that, I sighed heavily.

"I can't believe it. Does Tate know about this investigation?"

"Yep, he has known since it started last year, and he lawyered up before we could interrogate him. We tried to get him to come down to answer questions with his lawyer's presence, but he refuses.

I have been a detective for about eight years now. I can tell you that even that is suspicious and makes me want to dig. He lawyered up and then has turned down answering questions.

Yep, he is hiding something, and I need to find out what he is hiding is to protect Gio and Roman, or if it is because he is in on it as well.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the FBI agent speaking again.

"If you hear any more information, then please call us." They said, getting off of my stools. I walked them to the door before opening it. They walked out, and I sighed in relief when I closed the door behind them. I sunk against my door, not in the mood to eat breakfast now.

What the fuck did you do, Gio and Roman?

*Tate's p.o.v*

I was sitting on the couch drinking coffee when I smelled three familiar scents approaching my house. They walked into the house, and I could feel they wanted to tell me something, and whatever they told me, it was not going to be good.

"Umm Boss, two FBI agents came by Scottie's house. The investigation has turned into the disappearance of Giovanni and Roman." I froze and looked at them with my eyes wide.

"Did you hear anything else?"

"Boss, I know Giovanni and Roman don't like it when we read thoughts, but Scottie is going to start snooping and doing a little investigating on his own." One of my right-hand men stated.

"That is not good, and it is bad enough that one of them almost got caught by Scottie. Please continue to watch his every move. I have to let them know so they are prepared. Once Scottie starts, he is not going to stop. He is a target because he is their mate and many people want to take them down, knowing that Scottie is their weakness. We can't let Scottie find any information out. They have someone who is on the inside of the FBI investigation, so we need to keep Scottie out of it as much as possible. The last thing we need is him trying to look for them because then, at that point, Scottie will be watched and most likely investigated from that point on. We need to be careful. This is not the news I wanted to have to relay to those two." I snapped.

"Yes, Boss." They nodded their head before disappearing. I needed to see him even if it was just for a little bit. I drove up to where my mate works at. I just recently found out where he works on the weekends' thanks to Gio and Roman's help. I parked my car across the street from the diner but where I could see him. I watched him at the cash register blushing. When you are living the life that we live, the only thing you can do is watch from afar because you are afraid of something happening to them, knowing that people found out this one little person is your weakness, and people will use that against you. Even showing him my face could potentially put him in danger because knowing how I am, I would want to kiss him. I would want to tell him how much I love him and how I had to stay away from him to keep him safe because you are a mafia boss. I know this is precisely how Gio and Roman feel. They watch him afar, but then their instincts kick in when they feel their mate is in danger. I am the same way, and I admire them for that.

Gio and Roman are my friends. Nothing more than that. It has always been friends. We never had sex or did anything because our mates meant the world to us, so that we couldn't hurt them like that. We had to act like we were dating because people were coming after our mates. We knew if they thought we were dating, they would stay off of their backs. Of course, our werewolf side always gets in the way. Our wolves want to mate badly with them. It is getting worse every fucking day. Roman almost attack his last night, saving him, which is why he had to snatch himself away from him.

It is agonizing, and I don't wish this type of pain on no one, which is why I made the decision. I couldn't take it anymore, and I know they can't. I am got out of my car and walked inside that diner with a mission.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.8K 44
Caged, abused and tortured, Ariana's life had been a living hell until she was forced to spy on the most dangerous mafia in the whole world, La Cosa...
36.9K 1.9K 72
[Book 1] Stella and her father had no choice but to move in with her Uncle Timo, in New York, in refuge, after witnessing her mom's murder, as a chil...
1.2M 40.5K 65
"What if your not so one nightstand turns out to be your new boss ?" ❤ STARTED : 9th DECEMBER 2020 FINISHED: 14th FEBRUARY...
Runners By Lbooks01

Teen Fiction

8.9K 176 32
They balance each-other out. One the calm, the other the storm. Except when they don't. Except when she loses it and makes the place burn...literally...