The Alphas Guard

由 bubblegumfog

❝Her eyes spoke more than her lips moved.❞ After her pack is brutally taken over, Leila is forced to reside i... 更多

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 - The War
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49 - Filler
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54 - Filler
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57 - Filler
Chapter 58 - Filler
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - The End of Leila and Luca
Book 2 snippet

Chapter 36

4.1K 228 23
由 bubblegumfog

Don't forget to vote and comment ;)
Enjoy this chapter lovelies ❤️

I was finally in the castle.

A lonely chill went up the bend of my spine, forcing a tremor out of my bones as I stumbled straight into a cozy cobblestone corridor. Immediately, I wrapped an arm around myself, itching for warmth to grace my skin but failing to attain anything close to it.

My eyes swarmed the hallway and a smile immediately made itself onto my face.

It was the corridor that lead to my room. The first place I was able to sleep soundly in since the war- the first place I was able to rest robustly after 6 years of insomnia.

Keeping my footsteps light, I jogged towards the end of the hallway where my room laid with a small smile on my face. I knew I was there to visit Luca, but something in me wanted to revisit the first place I actually felt safe in after losing mother. Other than Luca's arms of course. My body itched to be surrounded in the silk sheets of my bed, to feel the stone floors under the soles of my feet and to witness the dazzling view I woke up to every other day.

It would be a nice start to the day- or end of considering the sun was setting.

I wrapped my hand around the handle and pulled downwards, entering my studio like room.

A cold wind rushed past me, forcing a second shiver out of me.

The castle felt awfully dim that day. Despite the light weight of the atmosphere, things were peculiarly quiet; slow. Almost like a blue lens was placed atop the eyes of whomever stepped foot into the castle. I expected a celebration- bells to ring and posters to have hung themselves up to symbolize that the king of all wolves had lived another year to rule.

That the king of all wolves was turning a new page.

That is was his fucking birthday.

Suddenly, I was angry.

Sighing, I pushed the door shut with my bum and stomped into my room.

The minute the locks clicked shut, a familiar scent rushed up my nostrils. A scent I adored with my entire soul; a scent I would die to witness every day.

My room smelled of Luca.

A fat smile made its way to my lips as sprinted to my bed and threw myself into the mattress. The mattress that oozed with Luca's wonderful scent and inviting warmth. I missed him so much my feet swiveled in the air. I missed him so much I fisted the silk sheets of my bed.

Fai was smart to fly off my shoulders and onto the head of the couch because my weight would have crushed her.

That's it, I thought, I have to see him.

"Stay here please," I eyed Fai, "I have a man to surprise,"

Without a second thought, I jumped out of the bed; all giddy on the inside, and ran to the door.

Just as my hand hovered above the door handle, I caught my reflection on the window. A frown made its way onto my face.

I looked fine.

Completely and utter fine.

I didn't look gorgeous.

Stunning.

Dazzling.

None of that.

And I had the audacity to be mad at those who worked at the castle for doing nothing on my males birthday.

An idea popped into my head.

Lara's design room.

She left all of her old dresses in there.

There had to be something I could wear. Something I could impress Luca with. So I sprinted down the corridor and passed by several maids whom I left die eyed and jaw slacked. I was surprised they even remembered me but decided it was best that they think I was just a fragment of their imagination. I couldn't risk any of them informing other maids that the kings female was back.

Who knew, they could have been witches as well.

Suddenly, I crashed into someone that sent my body flying backwards and bum slamming to the ground.

Someone with hazel brown eyes and blonde hair.

Roman, the florist that Luca broke my wrist for.

"Leila?" Roman blink hard, making sure he wasn't daydreaming, "Leila what are you doing here?"

"Shhh," It came out aggressive as I stood up and wiped my knees, "don't use my name! Nobody should know I'm here!"

"Luna, what are you doing here?"

"It's the kings birthday, that's why," I said, tone duh, "why is nobody doing anything?"

"He specifically requested that everyone not work today. He cancelled all celebrations and said he would send anybody who didn't follow his orders to the banished lands," I gasped lowly, surprised, "I don't understand why, though. He's overworking himself,"

A deep frown bestowed itself upon my lips.

"He's in his office now?" I asked.

Roman nodded, "If he's not there, then he's in the guard chambers. You know, your room,"

My heart shattered at the image of Luca sleeping alone in my sheets. Absolutely shattered. I was exaggerating the feel of my heart a bit much but it still hurt to imagined him that way. If Roman weren't there, I probably would have burst into tears at the fact that I made Luca feel so lonely and depressed that he cancelled his birthday and decided to work instead.

To work.

"Roman," I let out a short breath, "is there a pianist that works in this castle?"

"We have an entire orchestra at your service,"

"That'll do. I expect them to be at the ballroom in an hour playing music so loudly it reaches the ears of the king," I rose a brow, "do I make myself clear?"

"Yes ma'am,"

"Will you be able to decorate the ballroom in an hour?"

"30 minutes will do," He smiled.

I nodded, satisfied, "Well then, get on with it,"

Roman bowed, forcing a smile out of me before I entered Lara's workspace.

Being surrounded by tens of dressed, all different shades and textures made me feel fluffy inside. It also heightened my anxiety because I didn't know which one Luca would prefer. The blue one? The green one? Maybe the red one?

Mother always told me red was a fabulous colour.

So I settled with red.

It still didn't help that Lara had approximately 24 dresses monochromatically hung beside each other's, but who was I to complain? The only thing I knew how to sew properly was a wound and even that wasn't something I had mastered.

Most of them looked the same- ankle length dresses that were either long sleeved or fully exposed a woman's sharp set of collarbones. None caught my eyes. I began stressing as I watched the clock tick.

I had to get my hair done, fix my face with that powder Lara always used and gloss my lips yet I didn't even have a dress picked out yet.

However, all my stress vanished when my eyes landed on satin dress so small I feared it wouldn't fit me.

It was a burgundy red and settled right at the top of ones thighs. It's straps were so thin you would thing they were made of hair and it's waist was heavily cinched. The chest area was a whole other story. Even tighter than the waist. Gold metal lined the top of the dress, metal that would shine with every little movement.

I wanted to wear it, but I also feared that my body wouldn't look good in it.

Was it too much?

I mean, it had no exquisite design splattered across it, but I was sure I could accompany the outfit with a thigh strap like Lara had given me last time and some rubies.

So I put the dress on- with much difficulty might I add and looked into the mirror.

Never had I though I had the ability to look sexy, but this dress certainly made me feel it. It was difficult to move in; always rising up whenever I would sit or bend over to fix the eyeliner surrounding my lashes.

It took me a total of 49 minutes to get ready, but the end result was decent in my opinions.

A short dress that stuck me like second skin, lips so red one would think I had feasted on a deer and hair straightened all the way to the bend of my back. I wore a thigh strap the colour of gold and beautiful ruby earnings. As for the rings, I wore the ones he had gifted me when we were back in the north.

I didn't know what I was going to do that night, but I knew that I wanted to look good for Luca. I knew that I wanted him to smile when he saw me; that I wanted the burden on his shoulders to lessen.

Just as I clicked the straps of my heels shut, music began playing. It was the type of music that forced me to sway as I re-applied my lipsticks, the type of music that force a note or two to leave my lips unknowingly.

As I fluffed my hair, the scent of my male rushed up my nostrils.

Immediately, I stilled.

He couldn't see me now.

That would ruin everything.

"I ordered those bastards to cancel the celebrations!" Luca bellowed from outside, "stop the music, now!" He paused, "It's bad enough I can smell her,"

The last part was whispered and surprisingly I heard it.

Bad enough?

Did he really miss me that much? Or was it that he didn't want anything to do with me after I completely abandoned him.

Guilt swept through my soul.

I walked into to the door and laid my ears on the wood, heels clinking against the cobblestone floors.

"I was informed that the celebrations were back up by Roman Salvador, king," A poor maid said, "nobody is allowed to attend other than you, though. Those were his instructions,"

Luca growled and I could imagine the top of his lips stretching as he did. I clenched my fist, missing him with all my gut. It took a lot of strength to stop myself from bursting out of the door and wrapping my arms around him, but I had to sustain myself. It would all be worth it in the end.

"Where is he? Where is that damned music coming from?"

"The main ballroom, king,"

"Out of my way then,"

With that, I heard his footsteps move farther away.

I took that as my signal.

I left the Lara's workspace and shut the door behind me, only to be met with a slacked jaw maid and the view of Luca's broad back rushing down the swirl of stairs. Grimacing, I held a finger to my lips, hoping she wouldn't expose the fact that I had been there.

"Luna-"

"Please, nobody must know that I'm here," I begged her with my eyes, "trust me on this, it would not be a good idea to tell anyone of my presence,"

She gulped and nodded, "I'll- I'll be off then,"

I smiled gratefully and followed Luca suit, heels heightening my presence and dress clinging to my body. As I made my way down the stairs following the scent of my male, my hair flew behind me like a curtain in the wind. For the first time in a while, I was excited. So excited my smile ached and my heart bounced.

Mom, if only you could see the fairytale I was living, I thought to myself, if only you were here for me to pour my heart too.

As I trailed 10 feet behind Luca's broad frame, I shivered.

He grew.

Masculinity oozed off of him in waves- avalanches of snow that would drown you if you got too close. He had a scruff, one that highlighted his cheekbones beautifully. Upon that it seemed he had grown impossibly taller. Maybe it was because I hadn't seen him in 5 days, but I was almost certain he changed.

Suddenly, I took a step that was a tad bit too loud and paused.

Luca had halted in his steps, ears perked up.

I hid behind a column, one so tall it held the ceiling up.

"For fucks sake," I heard him grumble.

It's like she's here, his thoughts came into my own, it's like she's right under my nose.

Whatever.

My lips rose.

He was adorable.

I followed him once his attention was back on the music. I followed him until we reached the ballroom that suffocated with songs so lively my skin danced with goosebumps.

He burst through the doors and I made sure to go in right behind him.

I was baffled.

The instruments were playing themselves.

Luca and I had the entire room to ourselves. Luca and I were finally alone in a place that wasn't a bedroom.

"What," He ran a stressed hand through his chocolate locks of hair, "What is this?"

I walked till I was right behind him, till my heat blended into his. I rose my hand and placed it on his back. He stiffened.

"It's me,"

He spun around, eyes connecting with mine.

Blue meeting green.

Nature meeting the robust sea.

I felt my heart explode as his chest brushed against mine, as his warmth bled into me.

The music was playing wonderfully, but his stare was too robust. It made the music dim and the lights shine on him. On us.

Is this what love was like?

Was I in love?

I stopped breathing once he rose his hand and cupped my cheek, unknowingly pulling me closer to him.

"Leila," He fisted the bottom of my hair, "Leila,"

"Luca," I let out, eyes glossing.

He didn't hesitate to wrap an arm around the back of my throat and slam my lips to his.

I felt like a phoenix. Like Fire was blazing freely in my soul. Like it was swaying sensually in the cocoon of my heart.

The music.

The kiss.

My hand sliding up his chest.

This was love, wasn't it?

Luca was love.

We danced, my face laying against his pecks and his chin laying atop my head. When the music would sizzle, he would spin me around and hold me effortlessly.

"You're beautiful,"

"You're everything I ever imagined. You're more,"

He showered me with compliments on his birthday and only hummed when I would return the gesture.

That was the day I realised Luca was a man just as selfless as I was, even though our pasts contrasted greatly.

As I heard his heart pulse underneath my cheekbones, I lifted my head off his chest and looked up at him. He was staring into the distance with eyes so content my heart skipped a beat. So I untangled my hands form his waist and pulled his head downwards to face me.

"Hm?" He smiled softly, "what is it, sweetheart,"

Sweetheart.

If it were anyone else I would have felt vile, but from Luca, it was art.

"You said you loved me for that," I mumbled.

"I did," He answered, "why did you bring it up?"

"Did you-" I paused, swallowing, "did you mean you loved me for that or-"

"I meant that I love you," He interrupted, "I love you for you. I love everything about you,"

My breath caught up in my throat.

"With you I'm free, and for that, I love you,"

I gulped, trying my best to hold back my array of tears.

"I love you too," it came out like water, "I love you so much more than I ought it to be,"

"I know you do, Leila. You don't need to say so,"

I swatted him across the chest, shattering the loveliness of the atmosphere. Luca cackled at my reaction, head falling backwards, exposing the length of his neck.

Not thinking twice, I leaned forward and laid a wet kiss on the base of his throat. His grip on my waist tightened and he groaned.

"Leila,"

"Hm?" I looked up at him, sliding my arms back on their rightful place at his waist.

His jaw clenched, "You-"

"I infuriate you?"

He paused for a beat.

"You do,"

I smiled.

"Let's go back to my chambers," Luca wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me to his waist, "and get you changed from that dress,"

I snapped my eyes to his, "Why?"

"Because I don't know if I can control myself if I have to spend 5 more minutes watching you in that dress,"

My cheeks reddened.

As we walked side by side back to his chambers, my head leaning against his shoulder and his arm clinging to my waist, I thought about it. About how he had to control himself around me and how frustrating it was for him.

If it were up to me, you'd be mine now, he always said that.

Whenever I'd lay my lips on his, he would say he wanted to make me his forever.

The closer we got to his room, the faster my heart pumped. The closer we got to his room, the more desire spread throughout my core.

Mine.

He would be mine too.

I wanted to make him mine too.

The second we stood in front of his door, I coiled my arm around his wrist and pulled him into his room, locking the door behind me.

Our souls became one that night.

Our destinies intertwined,

that night.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
*laughs nervously*
so.
Luca and Leila finally

Did it.

feelings, thoughts?

Also if I anybody wants to volunteer and write the outcome of this scene feel free 👁👄👁

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

19K 546 6
(Book 2) Leila has a reputation as the pack princess, being the Alpha's daughter means that for most she is to be looked at but not touched. But that...
95.1K 4.6K 22
Sent out in a secret undercover mission. Gabe is in search of answers. Along the way, he is captured and taken prisoner. Will the woman, who is his m...
241K 6.6K 36
Leila Dark, 24 yrs old, is from the Navy Pack. The Navy Pack is more like a pack for werewolves that want to be soldiers and want to help other pack...
14.4K 585 22
I face the bedroom wall of the cabin, trying to avoid their eyes, "I can't let anyone know my secret now that I know that I know what it really means...