Perfect Strangers

By NightTime_Storiexs

Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Alex has been living the same... More

1| Cafe de L'amour
2| Introductions
3| Tragedy
4| Jinxed
5| Strangers
6| Stalker
7| Rules
8| Little black dress
9| Lady
10| Friends
11| Gatsby
12| Revenge
13| Toxic
14| Big mouth
15| Pajamas
16| Trauma
17| Hero
18| Giddy
19| Gemini
20| Hope
21| Besos
22| Adore you
23| Eye candy
25| Clown
26| Sneaky
27| Spotlight
28| Racing
29| Games
30| Tradition
31| Matchmaker
32| Sheets
33| Guilty
34| Special invite
35| Blurred
36| Accusations
37| Stay
38| Begging
39| Master plan
40| Little white lies
41| Overdose
42| Trust
43| Surprises
44| Redo
45| Knots
46| Taking charge
47| Next level
48| Weak
49| Moments
50| Epilogue

24| Bonding

64.4K 2.5K 2K
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 24 Bonding (Carter's POV)

It was now a week later. This Friday, there's a party at Clark's house. Which one thousand percent means there's no avoiding him. 

"Dad, seriously. I don't want to go," I shook my head. 

This entire week, Alex and I got closer, of course. We both are open and honest with each other which is something I admire about her and our relationship. 

I know it's only been a week, but I want to ask her to be my girlfriend. 

The only reason I haven't yet is because I know it's too soon. 

"I know that, Carter. But we have to go. He attended when I invited him, we must do the same. Bring Alex. She tends to keep you in check at these things. And she keeps you sober too," he mumbled the last bit. 

"I'm not taking her there," I shook my head. 

"Why not?" he questioned.

"Have you seen the way Clark acts around her? It's disturbing to look at. I don't want her where he is," I huffed. 

"Then find another date. You'll need one tonight." 

"Why?" 

"Just find a date. We're leaving at six." 

"And you're telling me this two hours before we have to leave. Thanks," I said sarcastically while getting off my bed and pulling my shoes on. 

"Where are you going now?" he sighed. 

"To tell her about tonight. I have to give her more than two hours." 

Do I really? 

I walked to her place and rang the bell. Her dad answered the door and let me in. Her dad has been so nice to me, he always has, but he has no problem with me coming over, staying the nights, staying with her in her room. 

I sometimes wonder if he allowed Hudson to do all that. And then I wonder if she did all the things she does with me when she was with him. I know they've kissed, they've probably done a lot more, but just thinking about that pisses me off. 

I knocked on her door before opening it and peeking my head in. She wasn't in her room but I could hear the shower water running. I sat down on her bed and looked around the room I was getting used to. I stared at the drawings that she stuck to her wall and found myself smiling. 

I've given her a lot over the time we've known each other. Especially this past week. 

The water stopped and moments later she opened the door and stepped out. She saw me and was, of course, surprised. "Hey, what are you doing here?" she asked while holding her towel. 

"I need a favor, I'm sorry in advance," I said. 

"Why what happened?" she asked while opening her closet. 

"There's a party tonight. At Clark's house. And um- I need a date. I wouldn't go if I could skip it but since I can't and I need a date, of course, I want it to be you. Will you come?" I asked. 

"Yeah, sure. What time?" 

"We leave at six," I answered. 

"Okay, I just need an hour. Any dress code?" she asked. 

I shook my head, "Just formal." 

She nodded while eyeing all the dresses that hung in her closet, ball gowns. I stood up and behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist, resting my chin on her shoulder. "That one?" she asked, pointing to a navy blue dress. 

I looked at it, and it was a stunning dress, that she would make look even more stunning. But my eyes drifted to a red one. "That one," I pointed to it. She looked up at me, slightly surprised. "What?" I asked. 

"Red is bright," she chuckled awkwardly. 

"So? Wear it for yourself, who cares who's watching? I'd just prefer you to stick to my side the whole time," I mumbled the last bit. 

She laughed before grabbing it. "What are you wearing?" She turned to face me. 

"Black and white," I shrugged. 

"Guys have it so easy," she clicked her tongue. 

I chuckled while stepping closer to her. "I'll pick you up at six, okay?" 

She nodded, "Mm-hmm." 

I leaned down and kissed, tilting her chin up to guide her lips to mine. She smiled and then giggled against my lips before pulling away. "I'll need a little more than an hour for this one," she held her dress up, "See you then." 

◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆

Oh, my God. Fuck me. Maybe I shouldn't have suggested the red dress. 

I pushed myself off my car and stood up straight while she walked out towards me. "Stop staring," she blushed. 

"I'm trying," I mumbled. 

She looked stunning. There aren't enough words in the world for me to explain how gorgeous she looked standing in front of me. She looked ravishing. I scanned her up and down for the millionth time, my eyes meeting hers then trailing down to her lips. 

"No red lip?" I chuckled. 

"Not my thing," she shrugged. 

"It doesn't have to be," I replied with a grin. 

"You look amazing," she beamed while looking me up and down. 

"Like you want to rip my clothes off, amazing?" I smirked. 

"Yeah, kind of," she whispered. 

I bit my bottom lip so I wouldn't kiss her senseless and simply opened the door for her. "Shall we?" 

We got to the party about twenty minutes later and as expected, he went all out. Clark usually does an annual party-ball thing and he goes all out with loads of decorations, lights, all of it. It's usually his wife who organizes this stuff. His third one that is. 

"How many people are attending this thing?" she asked while looking around the place as we headed to the entrance. 

"A lot," I mumbled. 

"Thanks for telling me that in advance, it really helped," she said sarcastically. 

"You'll be fine," I looked down at her. 

"No, I'm not good with people," she mumbled. 

"You'll be great," I repeated before kissing the back of her hand. 

"You're so-" 

"Do not say sweet." 

"Okay, not sweet," she grinned, linking her arm with mine as we walked in. 

We were about thirty minutes in and introductions were still going. "Alex, this is Mr. Lewis, Connor's dad. Mr. Lewis, this is Alex." 

"It's lovely to meet you, dear. Connor isn't here tonight, I'm sorry, Carter. He had a date with someone." 

"A date?" Alex and I asked at the same time. 

"She was a lovely girl. Uh- I forget her name. Um- Hannah something." 

"Andrews?" Alex prompted. 

"That's right! Aw, sweet girl. So," he waved his hand dismissively, "I must say you two make a lovely couple." 

I expected her to say something along the lines of 'Oh, we're not together,' or 'thank you but we're not in a relationship.' 

"Thank you, that's very nice of you to say, I must say I agree," she grinned. 

I looked down at her in surprise while Mr. Lewis complimented us some more until he was called by someone else. 

"Carter, come with me. There are some people I want you to meet," my dad said while tugging me in a different direction while Alex conversed with Mr. and Mrs. Pierce. 

"But Alex is-" 

"Alex will be fine for just a minute. Come with me," he said sternly. 

I turned to her and leaned down, "I'll be back in just a minute, okay?" She nodded at me and continued talking to them. I stood there, saying things occasionally. After that was finally done, my dad left with the man and I turned around to go back but Alex was nowhere to be seen and Mr. and Mrs. Pierce were now talking to somebody else. 

"Looking for someone?" I turned around and saw Clark standing there. 

"Where is she?" I asked.

"She seemed lost. She said she was looking for the bathroom so I had Zach take her." I clenched and unclenched my fists. "They should be- Oh, there they are!" 

I followed his gaze to the bar where Alex was talking to Zach. He was smirking like he always does. She didn't seem to be enjoying it. I trusted her. "She seems to be hating it," I replied. 

"I don't know. I think they could use some bonding. Don't you? She is your girlfriend now, isn't that right?" 

How does he know? 

"No, she's not my girlfriend," I said through gritted teeth. 

"Well, if you're not planning on making her your girlfriend, would you mind if I had a word with Zach about it?" he chuckled. 

"You can talk to Zach about whatever you want. I trust her." 

"Let's see if you really do." He wanted to see if I trusted her enough to stand here and simply watch while Zach spoke to her. I wasn't sure if he would do that though. He's cunning and sly, just like his dad. But he wasn't a bad guy. 

She rolled her eyes while he said something before turning to him. She didn't even have the time to say anything and he leaned in close to her and whispered something in her ear. He pulled away before looking at us and pointing. She grabbed her clutch and then stood up, walking over. 

"I think your son knows better," I smirked before walking over and meeting her in the middle. "You okay?" 

"Perfect."

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter twenty-four

If you know who this man is. You get a hundred bonus points from me. 

I'm just curious so I wanna ask, do you guys want a face reveal from me? Because I want to be more interactive with my audience and I feel like that's easier to do when people know who I am. Let me know, and if you guys I will do it <3

next chapter: Clown

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 1.2K 23
⭐ #1 in high school love story.⭐ ⭐COMPLETED⭐ 'Why are things getting against me?' 'Why am I with him every time I am in an embarrassing situation?' ...
6.9K 715 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
5.9K 302 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...
43.4K 890 55
Warning: THIS BOOK WILL EXPLORE MENTAL HEALTH AND OTHER SERIOUS TOPICS, LIKE HOMOPHOBIA THIS BOOK IS ALSO LIGHTHEARTED, don't worry!! Summary: Nick a...