Surviving is the only way

By MiraculousJessica

One day Leyla goes out into the woods by herself and a dragon attacks her! She ends up on a completely differ... More

Ok please read!
Forgotten
Soul Siblings
Darris + Nora
Traning
Killer
Relationships

Lelya's missing!

221 6 15
By MiraculousJessica

(A/N) This book was recommended by  genenatay78 and the book cover was made by her too! Anyway hope you enjoy! This
book won't contain any shipping.

*Warning!*
There will be blood and people die. Though it doesn't go that far where I thought I would have to rate it mature. If you wanted supper kid friendly book this isn't it.. sorry. It will get pretty dark in later chapters. Um yeah just wanted to tell you. Ok you can start now. :)
_________________________________

3 persons P.O.V-

Leyla needed some time to herself she had been with the others so much she needed some alone time. Not that she minded spending time with other people, it just that she hadn't been by herself in a while. She was walking through the forest thinking to herself.

Layla's P.O.V-

The sun hadn't even risen when I left. The sun was just peaking over the horizon right now. It had rained last night so it was really dewy out. There was fog all over. It wasn't that bad that I couldn't see but just enough so if I tried to look far I wouldn't be able to. I had my small satchel that had my pencil and dragon diary. Normally I would be a bit tired for waking up this early even though I am a morning person but I went to bed early that way I could be back in time for a little bit of breakfast and training. It wouldn't be fair if I skipped training and everyone else had to do it. I listened to the birds chirping happily and the small crunch the grass made when I walked on top of it.

I suddenly saw a small pond in the distance, though it was still hard to see. I carefully walked over to the pond. I bent down and touched the water gently. It sent small ripples through the water. Some people don't pay attention to the little things and miss out on a lot, like seeing the beauty in smaller things. An example is like just now, the water how it can be so... graceful. People take water for granted, if we didn't have so much of it people would die. If there's a lot of something most people take it for granted.

I stand back and look at my reflection. My hair was in its normal braid. My eyes shone the emerald green they always are. I had on my usual outfit and my face held a kind smile. Then I saw something behind. It looked it be in the shape of a dragon. It was all black with HUGE wings and a much smaller body. It stood up on its hind legs behind my me and held a snarl on its face. It had red eyes. And its pupils where in slits.

(A/N) Ok that's what she looks like but she looks meaner like I described.

My eyes widened and my heart started to race. I whipped around to the dragon but that probably wasn't the best decision because my sudden movement probably scared, I now identify to be a her. As soon has my body moved the dragon pounced on me, pinning me on the ground. The last thing I heard was the dragon growling at me before a passed out because of me hitting my head so hard. I faded into the blackness...

3 persons P.O.V-

The Rescue Riders awoke to Leyla not being their though they weren't worried they knew she can take care of herself. They guessed she would come back when breakfast was done. Everyone was getting breakfast ready. Summer went to go fill up the water. Dak went to go get the fish. Aggro started up the fire and Winger and Cutter were getting target practice ready for when they were all done with breakfast. Of course Burple was still sleeping.

Once everything they needed was gathered Dak grabbed some fish and put it over the fire to cook. While the dragons started eating their raw fish. At that moment Burple came out of the sleep cave. He yawned and flew over to the others and started stuffing his face with fish.

"How'd you sleep Burple?" Dak asked.

"Great!" Burple said as he gulped down the fish that he was previously chewing.

"Yeah I could tell by your snoring."Aggro said sassily.

Deciding to change the subject Burple said, "Where's Leyla?"

"Not sure... I haven't seen her all morning." Dak said.

"Have you seen her?" Burple asked the others curiously. Everyone shook their heads no.

"Hmmm... maybe we should go look for her." Winger said, glancing away thoughtfully.

"Yeah, she's probably just in town though." Cutter commented.

"Yeah but what if she's in danger?" Summer said.

"Yeah your right." Cutter said.

"Ok let's go!" Dak said with enthusiasm. He jumped on Winger's saddle as they all took the sky. Well most all of them. Cutter quickly stuck his tail in a fish. He brought the brown trout to his mouth and gulped it up. He swiftly flew up into the air with the other Rescue Riders.

They were all hovering above Huttsgalor looking for Leyla.

"Cutter do you see her?" Winger asked him.

"No.." Cutter said sounding defeated. Everyone's worry increases when they hear that.

They were all worried but Dak and Winger were the most worried about their sister. Dak was convincing himself that she was fine. Trying to come up with perfectly reasonable exclamation why she wasn't turning up. Winger was trying to come up with rescue plans for any scenario just in case but he's hoping it won't come to that. Summer was just blaming herself. Leyla was her best friend so she thinks she should have noticed that she was gone for too long.  Burple was thinking that he should have noticed as well. He may not be as powerful then the others but he was caring so he should have thought their might have been something wrong. Even though he pointed out she wasn't their he did it out of curiosity not worry. Aggro and Cutter were thinking similar things like, 'we have to save her' and 'This is bad' and thinking different places where she could've went.

They all land in Huttsgalor and start looking around. Worry evident in their faces.

"Chief Duggard!" Dak yelled seeing him and ran over. The rest of the Rescue Riders ran over as well.

"Ah, Rescue Riders. What's the problem?" Duggard asked.

"Layla, She's missing! Have you seen her?" Dak explained.

"Oh no... no I haven't seen her but Hannahr gets up really early so she might have seen her." Duggard says in worry.

"Ok thanks!" Dak says. Him and the other Rescue Riders run off looking for Hannahr.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~(A few minutes)~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hannahr! Have you seen Leyla?" Dak asked.

"Yes actually. Why?" Hannahr asked confused.

"She hasn't been at the roost all morning and we can't find her." Dak says.

"She came through here and went into the forest when it was still dark." She said. She had a frown on her face worried, "I thought she would be at the roost by now."

Dak sighed and said, "Unfortunately not.. which way was she heading?"

"That way." Hannahr responded pointing into the forest. "I hope you guys find her." Hannahr finished watching as Dak jumped on Winger's saddle.

"Me too." Dak said with a sad smile. He and the Rescue Riders flew off.

They were flying in the way Hannahr said she went. Cutter was using his super sight to try and find her.

"Wait...I think I see something." Cutter said with a smile. Everyone hopes lit up but little did they know what they saw would only crush their only hope they had left.

They all dived down into the forest. They started looking around, hoping to find her.

"Guys." Summer called. Her voice cracked when she spoke and it was full of grief. Everyone ran over to Summer and looked to where her watery eyes were looking. Laying on the ground was Leyla's dragon diary and next to it was... a puddle of blood.

(A/N)

Oh my gosh is so much more sad then I thought it would be. I'm gonna make myself cry! Everyone's so worried about her and then they find a puddle of blood and her dragon diary. Anyway Vote and Comment! Byeeeeeeee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239 13 11
Sometimes the best knight is a damsel. In a world where women are seen as weak, defenceless creatures for men to protect and own, one orphan girl wan...
35K 317 39
Since Both won the vote, here is the promised book. LONG LIVE SUMWING AND CUTGRO!!!!!! (Summer x Winger and Cutter x Aggro) So anyway, to sum up the...
1.3K 302 19
When Leyla mysteriously turns into a Fastfin while out on a camping trip in the woods with the other Rescue Riders, Summer's feelings about her best...
1.6K 108 13
(Book #1 in 'The Draganoid Trilogy') [COMPLETED] Everybody knows the fairy tale about the Princess being locked away in a tower and a ferocious Drago...