The Rise of WingClan

By Oreocookie2001

(Warriors: The New Era: Book 1) Silverstar has built a clan for winged cats. But just when it seems peaceful... More

A/N
Allegiances
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
New Book Out!

Chapter 6

68 7 0
By Oreocookie2001

Well, you guys made it to 20 votes, so here you go! The story is back on!

______________

Smokey grinned as she sees my surprise. "I actually go by Nightshade now, but yah, it's me sis! Do you like what I've done with this place?"

Nightshade gestures around at her camp. I feel revolted with what her camp looks like. It has blood stains everywhere, the smell of cat dung, and it is obvious no one cleans the ground. The ground is littered with tufts of fur, showing that there had been at least one fight.

Judging by the looks of these cats, they train for battle right in the middle of camp, and are reckless fighters. It seems they don't use the system of having your claw sheathed while practicing, as many cats that shuffle around camp bear signs of battle, and some were even fighting right then!

Not even trying to be curtious, I snap, "No I do not! It's awful! What happened to you Smo-Nightshade? You used to be a wonderful sister!"

Nightshade stares at me, her eyes blazing with fire. "After you left saying that you wanted to travel the world, life became worse. Those loner cats that lived near us-they attacked me many times. Apparently, they were afraid of attacking 2 winged cats, considering they didn't have wings, but attacking 1 seemed more likely for them to win. After all, there were 4 of them, and 1 of me. I knew they always wanted our territory, just how they interacted with us.

"After a while of abuse from these stupid cats, I attacked them while they were sleeping. I scared them, and even managed to kill that maggot of a cat, Josh," Nightshad smugly grins. "After they left, life became boring. After the adrenaline rush I felt when I attacked them,  I knew I couldn't handle not having similar experiences. I love the rush of the fight! I couldn't handle going back to the boring life we had before.

"I set out, to travel in the same direction that you did, looking for action. I found some loners that were extra touchy about travelers, but after some "persuading", they let me pass through. Eventually, I met up with this group of wild forest cats. I knew I hit the action jackpot when I saw them. Knowing that if I could get inside, I could take over, I asked to join their clan. The pitiful ThunderClan cats were so gullable! They let me in, even gave me the name Nightpaw! They questioned me at first, said I looked like a cat that passed through, and had left only a couple of days ago, said her name was Silverwillow, soon to be Silverstar. I knew that was you, because the name matched up, though I didn't know what the heck the name Silverstar came from, and because of the looks they described. They told me that the cat looked exactly the opposite of me, which is a unique thing about us as sisters, and I knew it was you. They let me join, but only when I revealed I was your sister. Apparently, they welcomed anyone even associated with this mystical Silverstar, who after training and being in then clan for some time, I learned was chosen to be the special one. You were going to be the one to bring WingClan into the world. They viewed you as so noble, I became angry. How dare my sister get a perfect destiny, and be special, and I not?

"After staying in ThunderClan for a while, I became a warrior! Big whoop right? No. They gave me the name Nightshade. I knew my time was drawing near to take them out. Soon, I had a plan, and put it into action. They were totally shocked when I tried killing that maggot, Bramblestar!" I gasp at this. Nightshade tried to kill Bramblestar! "Anyway, they never once told me about the leaders having 9 lives, which was weird because by the looks of it, it was clan standard for an apprentice to learn that! After fighting ruthlessly, they cast me out in shame. They welcomed me, and I backstabbed them. And it was a wonderful feeling!

"I ran about, searching for followers. I knew I had to take care of you now, you left me, and were special! After gaining Ice, a cat who lived here in the mountains as a loner, she told me about you guys, and how you had settled here. I knew I found you, and now, you will die, and I will be the founder of the ultimate WingClan! They will be feared for their fierceness, and respected! I will rule this land, Silverstar, and you will either hand over your clan to me, or you will be punished, hard. What is your decision?"

Gaping at Nightshade, I wondered how I even considered her my friend, let alone sister! She had totally changed, and gone to the dark side!

"No," I snarl, outraged. "If you think you can force your sister to do your bidding, you're wrong!"

I instantly whip around, and walk to the entrance to the cave, but my way is blocked by three big and powerful cats that fling me back to Nightshade.

"I figured you would be this way!" Nightshade snarls, and leaps toward me.

The cats that were originally in my patrol were shoved into a smaller cave that breaks off of the main cave. Nightshade pummels me to the ground, with me fighting. She rakes her claws down my back, and I yowl in pain, but attack her as well. The ceiling of the cave is really low, so I smash her against the top of the cave.

She yowls in anger. "Let me go, you foxheart!"

Surprisingly, she is strong enough to press me slowly to the ground from the ceiling. I can tell she has had practice fighting, and has become a ruthless fighter. Nightshade pushes her legs off of the ceiling, her back to me. She uses he wibgs for extra strength, pushing me downward. Knowing just how strong she has become, I press my wings against hers too. Thinking that I may lose, and that Nightshade will pin me to the ground,  I get an idea.

I suddenly jump forwards, letting Nightshade push off of the ceiling hard. Not ready, she falls to the ground, and hits her head. Dazed, she stands up, angry. Before she can do anything else, I bolt forward, and hook her legs. She falls to the ground with an oof if anger, but immediately gets back up.

2 of the many guards that showed up at the cave start to come towards us, preparing to help Nightshade at her command.

"No!" She hisses at them. "She is mine!"

"You think I'm done?" Nightshade snarls at me. She hurls herself at me, but she hit her head pretty hard, and misjudges her aim. I stand at the wall, waiting for her blow. She barrels right into the wall, making herself even more dazed.

"Are you done yet?!" I hiss.

Too dazed to answer, she sits on the ground. Nightshade was always not as smart as me, even if she was stronger. That was one of her downfalls that let me win. I could tell how to fight, and what to do to win, whereas  Nightshade always just fought hard, and hoped and prayed that her strength would makr her win. It hardly ever worked when she was fighting me. I always was to smart and fast for her.

"Give it up, Nightshade," I pant. "You could never win against me in a fight."

"No!" She growls, and stands back up. She surprisingly manage to recover from the 2 hard blows fast. Shaking her head angrily, she claws at the rock.

Nodding to the guards, she backs up a little. The guards back out of the cave. "I wish I didn't have to resort to this.." She whispers.

Opening her wings to their full length, I stare wide eyed. Her wings appear much bigger, and fuller. Not sure how she did this, I back a little away. Nightshade stands on her 2 back paws, balancing perfectly. She pulls her wings back slowly. Then, she heaves her wings forward really fast, which  creates a gigantic wind burst that rips my paws off of the ground, and forces me, flailing, out of the cave in a flash. Yowling in terror, I fly through the air. I land hard on the rock ground, with the guards surrounding me.

The wind is knocked out of me as I hit the ground. Gasping for breath, I look toward the cave, where Nightshade walks out into the open, her wings still out, a look of triumph on her face.

"Now do you think I was always the weak-link if the litter?" She snarls.

Before I can catch my breath fully, Nightshade jumps up, using her wings as a boost, and forces herself onto the ground hard. A shock wave ripples through the ground, and bursts me up into the air. Surprised, I flick out my wings. Regaining my composure, and balance, I hover in mid air.

"H-how did you do that?" I exclaim.

Nightshade grins, a look of unforgiving on her face. "I have my ways!"

She jumps up into the with power, and flies toward me. Even with her simply just waving her wings to fly, I can feel a small breeze picking up.

Nightshade gains height, and my fears continue. Just how much had my sister changed in the last while since I'd seen her? She seemed ruthless, and mean now, it seemed unthinkable that we were sisters! Soon Nightshade stops. She suddenly let's herself plummet toward me. I attempt to dodge her, but am caught in her wings.

The moment her wing touches me, she twirls, and brings her wings in. I am suddenly trapped under her wings, with us plummeting to the ground.

"Ready to die?" Nightshade asks.

"I have 9 lives," I say, more to assure myself then to tell her.

All of a sudden, I see a flash of black, that wasn't Nightshade. I hear a yowl, and Nightshade's wing lets go of me. I spread my wings just in time to see Hollyspeck tackle Nightshade to the ground in fury.

"Don't you dare attack my leader!" She hisses at Nightshade. I am surprised at Hollyspeck's arrival. She appeared out of nowhere, and fought Nightshade with all of her strength, which was actually more than Nightshade could handle, considering how freakishly strong Hollyspeck was. It was weir though, because she acted like she knew Nightshade. Then it hit me. Nightshade never actually told me what she called her group. I had a feeling the name of her group was The Band Of Rogue Shadows.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

662 31 28
(I recommend reading the actual Warriors series by Erin Hunter before reading this. This is just fan-fiction, however all of the characters are mine...
18.4K 753 45
"You are our future..." Three sisters born into the most ferocious Clan in the forest, their entire lives of ahead of them. Riverkit is ambitious wi...
1.1K 70 25
**BOOK 1** On the other side of Highstones, three new clans have begun. StoneClan, RainClan, and PondClan have been peaceful for many moons. A new Cl...
10.6K 749 28
Four kits, taken from their home and brother. They now have to find a way to survive in the forest. Hunting, learning to fight, and healing each othe...