The World Ends With You

By lannoureux

"The world ends with you; it's only as big or small as you let it be. Your world can be as little as your blo... More

Front Matter
A Very Short Prologue
Chapter 1: Redux
Chapter 2: A Certain Vending Machine
Chapter 3: Detention
Chapter 4: Her Final Target
Chapter 5: Mall Rats
Chapter 6: A Girl's Tears
Chapter 7: Nami's Repose
Chapter 8: Pirate Empress
Chapter 9: Six Feet Under
Chapter 10: Moments Before
Chapter 11: The Ultra-Cruel Truth
Chapter 12: Crumbs and Clues
Chapter 13: Cat Burglar X Pirate Empress
Chapter 14: Battle Royale
Chapter 15: Hell is Empty
Chapter 17: The Parting
Chapter 18: Friends, Brothers and Sister
Chapter 19: News Flash
Chapter 20: Two Warlords' Repose
Chapter 21: Awake
Chapter 22: Brave New World
Chapter 23: Invitation
Chapter 24: Fire Fist and Nailing
Chapter 25: A Dress to Impress
Chapter 26: The Day That Wasn't (Part I)
Chapter 27: The Day That Wasn't (Part II)
Chapter 28: The Day That Wasn't (Part III)
Chapter 29: The Day That Was
Chapter 30: The Flying Six
Chapter 31: Item
Chapter 32: Before the Big Day
Chapter 32.5
Chapter 33: Blood Moon Waltz
Chapter 34: After'party'
Chapter 35: Such Misfortune
Chapter 36: The Unanswerable Question
Chapter 37: A New Day
Chapter 38: Under The Blue Sky
Chapter 39: Preparations
Chapter 40: Forefront Exhibition Festival I
Chapter 41: Forefront Exhibition Festival II
Chapter 41.5
Chapter 42: Official
Chapter 43: The Last Choice
Chapter 44: Does It Bother Me?
Chapter 45: What Plan?
Chapter 46: In the Library
Chapter 47: Three Stories
Chapter 48: According to Plan
Chapter 49: In The End
Chapter 50: Silver Bell Ball (Part I)
Chapter 51: Silver Bell Ball (Part II)
Chapter 52: Silver Bell Ball (Part III)
Chapter 53: Another Day
Chapter 54: Infinite Possibilities
Chapter 55: It's A Date
«SPECIAL» Chapter 56: A Certain Magical Christmas
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Chapter 16: The Hyena

461 12 0
By lannoureux

"Jewelry-ya, can you please pass me the sheets?"

BONNEY FLICKED THE papers towards Law's direction, making them fly across midair, much to his annoyance. She had always been this reckless and, upon first seeing, manner-lacking woman who had an enormous appetite with intellect just as huge. Though she wasn't one of the 'smartest' kids, out of the eleven Supernovas, she certainly was one.

Now those eleven trouble makers were stuck at detention, for causing trouble days before during the school's first ever 'Battle Royale'.

"Zoro, I'm hungry..." Luffy groaned and slumped his face on the desk. "Why is Sanji not here?"

"...thanks," Law coldly said as he received the papers from Bonney. He was the only one doing the work they were supposed to do, since everybody else was not in the mood to do so.

Even the wiser ones, Hawkins and Drake, couldn't be bothered doing the sheets.

"Trafalgar, stop doing the work," Kid called out, leaning against the back of his chair.

The last time they interacted was during the Battle Royale, when they had to steal the Tamatebako despite not knowing what's inside. Unfortunately, the treasure was earned by a certain pair of 'remnants'.

"I'm hungry!!!" Luffy groaned by the window, his head sliding down said glass.

Bonney winced. "Same. Hey, do you have some snacks on ya?" she turned to Bege who was completely ignoring her.

"Don't ask me you woman,"

"Harsh," she whistled.

Apoo blasted some music while the others glanced at him, with Urouge's gaze being the fiercest one. "Don't you have any other songs to play?"

"This is my device so you shut your hole," he laughed. "Apapapapapa!"

Bonney flung her legs on the table, not minding the skirt that revealed her black short underneath it. She may not be considered friends with the other Supernovas but she trust them and knew that no one of them was a pervert.

Bege cleared her throat in annoyance. "Sit like a lady, won't you?"

"What do you even care?!"

Law was quick to calm down the tension building up. "Jewelry-ya, can you...not?"

Thirty minutes of detention with the eleven of them felt like hours. Time passed painfully slow, and each and every single one of them were getting tired of one another's faces. Even if theu couldn't see Killer's face entirely, they could assume that he was the same.

Law was busy being a 'good' student; he completed the work given to them and went on to read his textbooks. Urouge cocked an eyebrow. "If I were you, I wouldn't be all too goody-goody."

"Good grief," Law muttered.

Hawkins turned his head towards the door, his long and wavy hair flipping in the process. "Huh?"

Said door opened, revealing a familiar student who had dirty blonde mane and tan skin. He also had some scars on his face and on top of his head was a pair sunglasses. Wearing a distinct blue jacket he was clearly–

"Bellamy," Law clicked his tongue.

Zoro woke from his sleep upon the noise the other Supernovas were making. He looked at Luffy who was keeping a firm gaze at the man in front of them.

Bonney put down her legs and fixed her skirt. If she did that, Bege thought, it meant that she was not comfortable with the presence of someone in the room. She then crossed her arms on her chest just after she pulled her blazer out of nowhere.

Drake huffed. "Bellamy? What are you doing here?" he had an intonation in his voice as he spoke.

"Students younger than me should address me with more respect, you know." he retorted, much to Drake and Law's irritation. "Just because you're all a bunch super rookies doesn't mean you can talk to your seniors."

Super rookies. It was the term used by almost everyone to refer to the troublesome students who began as clean slates. But, since eleven of those students suddenly rose to the top, the term was now used to identify those who were not part of those eleven. And Bellamy despised the eleven Supernovas because, to him, they're an obnoxious bunch.

Bege crossed his leg over the other before speaking. "I believe you're a super rookie yourself too...?"

"But I am way above you," he replied and sat on the desk, overseeing everyone in the room. "you see, I'm allied with a Warlord."

Zoro squinted.

"Aren't you gonna ask me who that is?"

"Nah," Bonney hissed. "we don't care. Not one bit."

Bellamy ignored her comment. "Doflamingo,"

Law let out a silent grunt as Bellamy said that name, almost as if he remembered a memory that shuddered him. With that, he squinted his dark circled eyes at the senior in front of them.

The other Supernovas also have the similar reaction as his, though most of them were pure confusion.

"Oh, and Strawhat?" Bellamy started. "I reckon you should keep your valuables with you all the time."

Monkey D Luffy stood up abruptly. He spoke in a low voice. "What did you just say?"

"I said 'keep an eye on your belongings'."

He was not that dumb to not get what Bellamy was saying. Luffy had already dashed towards him and grabbed him by the collar. Zoro also prepared to give a hand.

"Who are you on about?"

The fact that he said 'who' instead of 'what' was enough for the others to sense that he knew what the other guy was talking about, though not quite. But Luffy knew very well that Bellamy was talking about one of his friends.

Seeing that Luffy's grip on Bellamy's collar kept getting tighter, the other Supernovas started to react. Law called out. "Strawhat-ya, calm down."

"Strawhat..." rather than a worried tone, Apoo's was more likely annoyed.

Zoro pointed a katana towards Bellamy. "He's asking you, isn't he?"

"Get that away, Roronoa!" Bonney exclaimed and tensed.

Hawkins only watched the turn of events before speaking. "Bellamy, I think it's best for you to leave right now. You don't want two of us going after you."

Drake seconded quietly by nodding.

Bellamy laughed and pulled his body away from Luffy's reach, fixing his collar. "You rookies are so sensitive. Especially you, Strawhat."

At last, Bellamy left the room, with Kid and Killer eyeing him, and the tension slowly faded just before a teacher came in, seeing the faces of the eleven students who were stuck inside for detention.

"...what just happened?"

===

NOW ALONE WAITING for the bus with Nami, Luffy thought about what Bellamy said earlier. One of his valuables were in trouble. That, he couldn't get out of his head. Was it Zoro? Impossible. Nami? Usopp? Chopper? Jinbe?

Luffy never really thought so hard about things; it was just his instincts giving him idea all the time it almost as if he was thinking. Luffy had always been a man of action, and that trait of his usually gets him in trouble.

"So, you wanna get something on the way home?"

Since Luffy's house was not near hers, Nami decided to go with him for a bit. She didn't want to go home yet, at the first place.

Luffy turned his head to the barbecue restaurant the bus had passed. Nami chuckled. "You want meat?"

"Are you gonna buy me something, Nami?"

She nodded. "Why not?"

Normally, Nami wouldn't get him food after school but she decided this time would be an exception. Thinking about the reason, she subconsciously fell into a state of nullity. Luffy turned to her and as they leaped off the bus, he squinted his eyes at her.

"You're lying..."

"Eh?" she was the one now who was turned to him. "No I'm not. I say le–"

"Hello? Zoro?"

Nami had her fist on the back of Luffy's head. He was on his phone. "Stop calling the others whenever I treat you!!"

They soon entered the resto a block away from the bus stop and Luffy was already drooling. Scent of different kinds of meat lingered his senses and he just wanted to devour them all. However, before he could dash in and eat all the meat inside, Nami grabbed his wrist.

"I'm treating you, okay? So make sure you don't get me to pay a whole lot,"

He pouted. "That's unfair."

"How is that 'unfair'?!"

She soon made their order as they sat across one of the tables. While they waited, she couldn't help but admire Luffy who was 'patiently' waiting for his food. At the same time, she also couldn't shake off the thought that it might be the last time they got together. Alone. Considering the circumstances...

A tray of meat arrived soon and Nami put the platters in front of them; five for Luffy and one for her.

"Luffy," she called him, softly, and even if he was busy stuffing his face with meat, he turned to her.

"Mhat ish ih?" he replied.

Should I tell him? No, that would be...Nami thought. So, she thought of something that would actually tell him what was happening while at the same time, not. "Can you...leave me alone, please?"

He swallowed. "What? Are you okay? Didn't you like the–"

"It's nothing like that,"

"Then what do you mean 'leave you alone'?"

"At school,"

Luffy squinted. "Why? Don't you want to be friends with us anymore?"

"I do! It's just..." the cheery atmosphere vanished. Nami ruined the mood. "there's something I need to do, okay?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 1K 19
Serena and Ash grow closer together throughout their travels but when a army of undead Pokemon from the future attack the current present time its up...
16K 574 29
i've been watching you from afar and you've never seemed to notice me letters au
246K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
48.6K 617 10
This romance of luffy and nami is set after everyone reunite after the 2 year time skip it will also contain some zoro and robin romance too and some...