Abandoned

By Rhys2624

A small boy shivering in the rain on the cold streets. Turns out to he's someone from his past. Someone he co... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49 (End)
Extra- Honeymoon
Alternate Ending

Chapter 6

2.4K 127 0
By Rhys2624

Ming's pov:

Later that day, p'pha and i were watching a movie in the living room after lunch. Mom and dad were busy with some phone calls.

His phone suddenly started ringing. He looked at it and frowned before picking it up.

"Hello?.... Is there no other doctor available?...... Ok I'll be there in an hour...." He hung up and looked at me.

"Ming i have to go. They said it's an urgent case. I'll try to come back for dinner ok?" He said.

"Ok. Goodluck at work." I smiled.

He smiled warmly and patted my head before getting up and leaving.

The movie finished not too long after he left. I wasn't in the mood to watch any other movie so i turned off the tv.

I looked around wondering what to do.

Mom and dad were busy so i can't disturb them.

My phone suddenly rang.

It was a text from p'pha.

P'pha: If you get bored, go to the room next to mine. There will be story books and many other types of books you might find interesting. The key will be in the second drawer of the nightstand in my bedroom. Make sure to keep it back there when you're done.

I smiled.

Did he read my mind?

Me: Thank you p'. I was just wondering what to do.

P'pha: No problem. Just make sure to keep them back where you found them after you're done reading them.

Me: ok. I'll keep that in mind.

I got off the couch and went to his bedroom. After i had gotten the key, i went to the room next to it.

"Woah...." I mumbled when i got in.

I walked around reading the titles of the books.

They were arranged neatly according to the genre and type.

After some looking around, i sat down on the couch with a few books which caught my eye.

I took one of them and started reading.

I immediately got immersed in the book and drowned out everything else around me.

Emmie's pov:

After making a lot of phone calls i finally got a lead and the search started.

I sat back in my chair and stretched my arms.

"you got any leads?" Ben asked.

"Yeah. I already told them to start searching." I said.

He nodded and kept his phone.

"We should check on Ming and Pha." I got up and went out of the study.

I frowned when i found the living room empty.

"Where are they?" Ben came up behind me.

"Maybe they are in pha's room." I turned and walked towards his room.

I stopped in my tracks when i saw the door of the room next to his slightly open.

I raised my eyebrows and looked at Ben. He also looked equally surprised.

I slowly opened the door wider and looked inside.

Ming was sitting cross-legged on the couch immersed in a book. There were a few more books beside him on the couch.

I looked around and noticed pha wasn't here.

"Ming?" I stepped inside.

He snapped his head up surprised.

"Oh mom." He smiled.

"Where's pha?" I asked.

"He got a call from the hospital. They said it was an urgent case so he had to go. He said he'll try to be back for dinner." He explained.

I nodded.

"Did he give you the key to this room?" Ben asked.

"He texted me and said i can read the books here if i get bored. He told me where the key was." He said.

I blinked surprised.

"He really dotes on you huh?" Ben smiled.

A smile automatically formed on my face as well.

Ming looked confused.

"You see this room is his sanctuary. He doesn't let anyone in here. Not even Max is allowed in here." I explained.

His eyes widened and his eyebrows raised.

"He really treasures you for him to let you in here without him." Ben added.

Ming blushed and looked down.

We chuckled at his cuteness.

"Do you want me to bring some snacks to eat?" I asked.

He shook his head. "The books might get dirty."

I smiled at his words.

He stared at me with a confused expression.

"That's exactly what pha says. He never brings food in here saying because he doesn't want the books to get dirty." I said.

A small smile appeared on his face.

"We'll leave you alone now. We'll be in the study if you need us." Ben spoke up.

He nodded.

Ming's pov:

After they left i stared at the book in my hand.

I'm the only one who's allowed in here without him?

A sense of pride grew inside me at the thought.

Knowing that he trusted me to such an extent made me really happy.

I spent the rest of the day reading different books.

I made sure to keep the ones i finished neatly where i found them.

My phone suddenly started ringing.

It was a call from p'pha.

"Hello p'."

"Hey Ming. I'm sorry i don't think i can come back tonight. The other doctor had to leave for a family emergency so i have to take care of his patients for tonight."

"It's ok p'. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Mom and dad are here." I assured him.

"I'll be back tomorrow morning for breakfast ok?"

"Ok. Make sure to eat dinner."

"I will. See you tomorrow Ming."

"See you p'."

He hung up.

"Ming dinner's ready." Mom peeked into the room.

I looked at the time on my phone.

6:30.

I didn't realise it was so late.

"Ok mom. I'll be there after i keep these back." I got off the couch and gathered the books.

She nodded and turned to leave.

"Mom." I called her.

She looked at me.

"P'pha said he'll stay overnight at the hospital. The other doctor had a family emergency so he has to take care of his patients for the night. He said he'll come back for breakfast tomorrow morning." I said.

She raised her eyebrows but didn't say anything and just nodded. She left the room.

I quickly put all the books back neatly and went out of the room. I made sure to lock it and keep the key back in the drawer before going to the dining room.

Mom and dad were already sitting at the table.

They smiled when they saw me.

I blinked profusely.

"It seems that pha has forgotten about us. He didn't call us to tell us he won't come for dinner. He only called you." Dad said.

I panicked and tried to come up with an excuse.

"Hey don't worry we're not angry. We're just surprised at how much he's doting on you." Dad chuckled. Mom was also laughing.

I blushed and looked down at my lap.

"Ok let's eat. The food's going to get cold." mom spoke up.

After dinner i went to the guest room and took a shower and changed into some comfortable clothes.

I watched some movies with mom and dad before going to bed.

I slipped under the duvet and closed my eyes. But again i couldn't sleep.

I got up and went to p'pha's room.

He wouldn't mind if i slept here when he's not here would he?

After a lot of contemplating, i finally gave in and got into his bed.

My body relaxed immediately when i smelled his scent on the sheets and pillows.

I hugged one of the pillows and closed my eyes. I was out like a light in a matter of minutes.

Emmie's pov:

After taking a shower, i decided to go check on Ming. He slept with pha last night so, i was wondering whether he'll be able to sleep alone tonight.

When i went to his room i found it empty.

I then decided to check pha's room.

What i saw brought a smile onto my face.

Ming was in the bed sleeping soundly. He was curled around a pillow. He had his nose buried in it. The duvet was pulled up until his neck.

I guess he feels safe being surrounded by his scent.

I sneaked a picture before quietly going out of the room and going back to my bedroom.

Ben had just come out of the bathroom when i came in.

"Hey where did you go?" He asked.

"I went to check on Ming. Since he slept with pha last night i was wondering if he'll be able to sleep alone tonight." i said.

"And?" He raised his eyebrows.

I smiled and showed him the picture.

"These two are really attached to each other aren't they?" He chuckled.

"Yup. I doubt they are going to separate any time soon." I said.

He chuckled again.

I sent the picture to pha before getting into bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 4K 62
A girl who has never cried ever since her parents divorced when she was only 8 years old. Kids bullied her since she kept crying everyday in school...
42.5K 2.4K 25
Rain is a rookie architect who is struggling to find employment all while being the breadwinner of his family. Desperate for a job that pays well eno...
7.3K 184 23
You have a private step brother.. You fell in love with him but he didn't fell in love with you he fell in love with your body. You can imagine your...
16.3K 1.8K 52
I made my way through the dark apartment and found the couch. What was going on at this hour that wouldn't allow me to sleep? Whatever it was it was...