Dead Heart (Completed)

By Bookeluthaporen

"Will you marry me?" He asked kneeling down the floor with a wide grin on his face. My tears started to pool... More

Hi
Cast
Prologue
1 - Broken day
2 - Who is she?
3 - Please
4 - I Used to
5- Let me win your heart
6 - Am I a toy?
7 - You broke my dreams
8 -Crush
9 - Time will answer
10 - You don't suit here
11 - Anything interesting?
12 - Who is he?
13 - Checkmate to Queen
14 - Go to Hell
15 - Rapist
16 - My Wife
17 - Stuck forever
18 - Bodyguards
19 - Confusion
20 - Party Fun
21 - Verma men's argument
22 - Spectator and Odd Men
24 - Trust Gaining
25 - Crazy mood swings
26 - Thank you Father
27 - Royal night with Royaly..
28 - Touches and Beers
29 - Adversary
30 - Desperate for fight
31 - Pain of Distance
32 - Piercing Bullet
33 - Painful Jabbings
34 - New born Phoenix
35 - Passing Clouds
36 - Birthday Present
37 - Business talk
38 - Heartless man
39 - Hatred in Air
40 - Ailing and Loony Father
41 - Void Explanations
42 - Torture
43 - Throbbing Moments
44 - Birth and Death
45 - Forever
46 - Placate
47 - Brother's prattle
48 - Hark back to past
49 - Deep Words
Epilogue
My Painful Love ❀ (Free on Kindle)

23 - Night talk

21.3K 1.2K 292
By Bookeluthaporen

Diya pov

Empty

Hollow

Agony

Void

Pyrrhic

This is all that I feel hearing his words from that heartless man with a blank look.

Being brought up in a well-settled family I have never had pain, suffering, tears except the longing to feel my mother's pain.

But after my marriage, I started to feel everything slowly, being pushed aside from love, being kept in dark for years, being the plaything with emotions, being betrayed by the only person I love.

The love which is still living inside me is burning my whole world killing every single part of my being slowly inch by inch with much force making successfully giving pain to me which is slowly dying by now.

The thought of him being with another person, the thought of having another woman in his arms, the thought of losing the only love in my life is killing me.

My ears became deaf after hearing his words, the bleeding heart of mine is still whipping in me making me hard to digest the problem.

I felt someone is placing tonnes of weights on my chest that it became too heavy to beat its next thump to keep me alive. Everything is flying away in the air from my hands my love, my dreams, my hope...everything just flew away.

Wish I could have faced many problems rather than being a girl who loves having a simple life without any problems or pain, maybe that would have given me enough courage to play with my problems. I too wanted to be the girl who fights against it but I am just hoping that the problems will end soon and i will lead a problem less life with him.

But my desire is melting like an iceberg into the sea of my own sorrow.

I felt a hand on my shoulder as I gasped in surprise, "hey are you crying?" A man beside me asked with a concern filled face.

Wiping my traitor tear, I smiled at him, "nothing just some dust" he nodded turning his attention back to his employer.

"Good to hear it," Mr. Gurjar said to Arjun with a smile on. I went blank for God knows how many minutes they had finished their business talks.

Burying the pain of my heart I sat there like a stone without showing my affliction at least not in front of him.

Each and every day I am getting to see the new side of his face, the cunning, manipulating, ugly face.

"I think you got your answer you wanted to hear, now let's go back to business. Share will stand-in 70-30"

Mr. Gurjar's son stood up, "speaking of shares, our product will make you come anyone come to us, whether it be you or anyone, we are not going to reduce our profit margin"

Arjun placed his coffee mug back on the table and looked at me as I quickly averted my face around the hall but something strange caught my eyes, it's the same kind of Diary I found in my father's study.

It is trying to come out of Mr. Gurjar's coat pocket before it spills out he hides it back into his pocket buttoning his suit elegantly without anyone noticing. The same diary might be with anyone but my eyes, again and again, went to his suit trying to read the diary beyond that suit he has hidden.

Loud laughter broke my thoughts, "It's not fair Mr. Verma, we got to deal with it and you will definitely do things in your own perfect way and your brother..." Mr. Gurjar stopped for a second and gasped in shock, a fake shock, "oh I heard your brother left your company? How heartbreaking it is!!!" the guileful look says it all, how happy he is.

What? Advik left their company too? Why is he doing it, he even left his cars, cards at his parent's place how is he gonna survive from it?

Is there anything behind this? Did Arjun had to do something with it? But he won't do something to his brother just for hurting me.

Arjun stood up buttoning his suit, "Haa.. things are getting fired away more than I thought" his professional smile emerged out at Mr. Gurjar and his son, his reply was like he doesn't care whatever their words might be, "and seal the deal with 65-35" wait when did it happen?

He looked down at the conference hall for a few seconds and snapped back at me, "Meetings are lined up for me" I understood it and stood up looking at the hall once again and then back to Mr. Gurjar and his son and walked out of the room.

I found nothing other than the irritating hoodie and the diary his father has.

"Found anything interesting?" he asked stopping at the room nearby the conference all, "none of your concern" I decided to go away from him, his presence itself making me burn in anger and weak.

I felt so betrayed, deceived, and abandoned.

Everything seems to be too fake for being good, those looks, those words, those lovely greetings, those forehead kisses, the hugs, that protection he gave me.

Just fake and lie.

He stopped me blocking my way, "don't show your back to me" I laughed humorlessly, "you don't have to see me" I took his hand off me, "I am leaving" I put back my bag on and took a step but he dragged me into the room and closed the door shut.

"What the hell are you doing? Let me go"

"Not until you answer my question" he whispered on my face angrily holding me strong.

My inner self is crying in pain, "I don't have to give any explanations to you"

"You do"

"No, that day your brother and now you? Taking me to places to humiliate me however possible. Now have you put any camera in or going to invite someone again" he pushed me hard on the nearby wall blocking both sides.

My eyes roamed on his fingers where I put my mother's ring(i mentioned it at the start of the story. It's Diya's mother's wish to wear that ring to her son in law) it's now not there, he removed it.

I took my whole courage to not break down in front of him, "what did you get from your father's place?" how dare he? I pushed him away with all of my strength, "go away from me, it's my personal problem and I know how to deal with myself, why are you so concerned about it? And who are you to ask me about this?" I yelled angrily.

"Your husband" that's it.

"Humor of the year" I clapped, "and by the way can I know what did you ever did as a husband?" I asked eagerly with an innocent face.

Except for that stone eyes, his whole body moved not and just like those eyes his mouth too stayed blank, "haha, let me remind you how good husband you are" 

Sitting comfortably on the bed I spoke, "1. You are such a good husband telling even a single thing about your family to his wife.

2. You are such a good husband who loved me truly, wholeheartedly, sincerely, beyond death separate us apart.

3. You are such a good husband who took care of his wife like a doll after our wedding night with much concern and love.

4. My husband is such a lovely one who rewarded his wife for their lovely night and never let me even get out of the bed for a second and never let me feel like an orphan.

5. Such a caretaker you are to even spend a second without me after our marriage, never let me cry, never let me feel alone" My eyes became heavy as much as my heart but I blinked away my tears.

"And 6. My husband never treated me as his business object and he even cried seeing my blood and of all, he never ever thought about any other" a painful tear slipped off my eyes, "any other girl in my place" my heart is becoming heavy every second.

He took a step towards me but I stopped him gesturing him to stop, "today I understood, I should stop trying" if being with her makes you happy, then I will let you go.

"Diya..." I shut him, "Sure I will give you" I swallowed my pain never letting my tears out, and smiled at him, "I...I will give you divorce" a glint of pain crossed his eyes but it might be my imagination.

The emotion I tried to control became hard making me hard to breathe, "I...I need...need to leave" I said but again he stopped me, "What happened to you?" I shook my head, "nothing, I think I need to use the washroom" I dropped my bag and ran to the washroom and shut the door.

"Diya, open the door" I sat on the floor with my back to the door covering my mouth and cried my heart out.

Heavy breathing is making me difficult for me to breathe, I stood up and washed my face with chill water but nothing worked, "You are making me scared Diya, open the door"

Like hell you are scared.

I mind not his words, covering my ears, I cried again which became hopeless for me to stop crying while his words of loving another woman continuously ringing on my ears.

God this pain is killing me mercilessly.

Like, every cell of my body is yelling that he is loving another woman and that's the only thing I hear right now.

He loves another woman

I shook my head, 'no don't' I cried in pain.

'Let him be with his love'  another part of me yelled.

This word battle continued for minutes I don't know but when my cries subsided I looked in the mirror, the cry baby face is looking horrible, washing my face I got out of the washroom and saw Arjun standing there near the table without his blazer on, hearing my sound he came near me quickly looking into my eyes.

Not wanting him to know I cried, I lowered my head, "Okay bye, leaving to home" I smiled widely as he studies my eyes getting deeper into it.

"Meera and I, studied in the same school, college..." I smiled at him, "It's okay Arjun, don't forget to give a proper introduction for me to her" he nodded with a smile.

A genuine smile I saw at his face after long days, "bye gotta go" I walked out as usual in pain and pain and again pain.

How easy life would be if I never had a heart?

Laughing at my own miserable life, I walked to Verma mansion and straight away went to bed to have a long shower and a good nap but failed as usual and another sleepless day and night without food, happiness, smile, satisfaction.

I heard knocking of the door, must be his mother, "come in Aunty" his mother came with a plate of food, "someone's starving" I laughed, "nothing like that, just don't want to have anything to eat now"

"Mmm bored of this dialogue," she said setting each dish on the plate and settled herself on the bed, "so, you skipped your office today?"

I nodded hesitantly, "yeah got some other important work but tired that's why lunch skipping"

"Your wish, you can go anywhere but it's my order for you, have your food on time. Got it?"

I laughed at her strict language, "being strict doesn't suit you"

"Again failed in this subject, wait A parcel arrived for you I kept it on the bedside table and now time for food" she started to feed me and we had a friendly chat while his father joined us after few minutes.

For the first time in my life, I had a complete family time trying to find a way to forget him for a few minutes. The little bit I know even this is not a permanent one in my life after giving divorce to him.

Later I got into my room and took the parcel cover and opened it to find a letter and some photos.

Seeing the pictures my breath hitched in my throat in shock, it's Arjun's pictures wearing a black t-shirt, black pants, and a black jacket with a gun pointed at a guy.

The next picture was 4 men lying on the floor with blood pooled around them and the look on Arjun's face is beyond furious.

I also saw a pen drive inside the cover quickly I locked the door and inserted it on my laptop and played the single video in it. 

My legs trembled in fear, it's Arjun killing them brutally ignoring their begging. 

Switching it off I crawled on the bed covering myself in the warm blanket, I closed my eyes.

Whenever I tried to close my eyes, Arjun killing them flashed my vision giving me an everlasting fear in me. Why is he doing this? Who are they?

Who is sending me this all? What do they want from me?

I doubt My Arjun won't be like that, he won't ever kill people like that of all he won't even try to harm him, maybe the love I saw in his eyes might be fake but not his humanity.

My inner self shivered just the thought of him being a murderer, but a part me whispers even if he had done something much disastrous deed there would be a reason behind it.

Sleep was far away from me, I got down the bed and went to the porch to sit on the swing there. I looked into the shining stars giving me a peaceful, relaxed perspective, my eyes when moved down I saw my heartbeat stop for a second seeing the person standing out there of the house.

Arjun.

He is in his formal attire without a tugged in shirt, messy hair, that chiseled nose, hardened sharp jaw, his sleeves are folded up to his knees with his coat hanging at his shining black BMW just like the king who owns the whole country. The arrogance, stiffness, irritating attitude all are just perfect except those tired eyes showing the same emotionless, blank look but beyond those empty looks, I saw something shining in them something like happiness, something he owns which he wanted for years.

When he saw me looking at him he took his mobile and did something earning a notification fly in my mobile, i looked at it and saw it's him who messaged me.

"Down?" I looked at him doubtfully without moving an inch.

Again a message popped up, 'I won't bite you'

Yeah, but you will kill me.

'Not in the mood, I am sleepy' I replied.

I Lied.

I closed the porch door and get back to the bed again my mobile buzzed in the notification.

'It's about today meeting' I sighed hard and opened the curtains to see him still standing there looking at the porch door and his mobile constantly now and then. I put on my flats with the same pajamas on and climbed down slowly without making any noise to meet him.

After getting out of the door, once he saw me he opened the order side of his car door to let me get in, ignoring him I saw on the back seat as he heaved an irritating breath and slammed the door shut.

Arrogant bastard.

He stopped the car in a scheduled place outside the city where I can rarely see any vehicles, 'is he trying to kill me?' a thought crossed my mind for a single second.

"Are you planning to kill me?" I asked getting down the car after him.

He gave me a confused look with shrinking eyebrows questioning me 'have you gone mad'.

"Am afraid of you" my direct confession gained a cold expression coated in his stormy eyes taking few steps to me as I took steps back and bumped into the car.

He stood too near me, too close to feel him breathe fanning on my cheek looking deep, and intense down to my eyes reading my soul inch by inch, I placed my hand on his chest which made me feel his racing heartbeat, the silence between us felt pleasant to me.

"Move Arjun," I said applying little pressure on his chest, "what happened?" he asked still not moving away from me, "nothing happened, just move away I don't wanna be near with you" he clenched his teeth but still remained in the same place.

"Is it about the parcel you received today?" I gasped in shock, how come he know about this?

I pushed him hard making distance between us, "stop putting peoples to watch me"

"believe me I wish the same if you stop your detective works"

"Then why do you want me to know things on my own, why did you let me attend the meet with you today?" I am breathing hard in anger, "wait, you took me to know about your love right?"

His expression still stood neutral, "keep your imagination power out of you for a few days and think straight now"

"Middle of the night you want me to think about your meeting and the strange behavior of those peoples instead of sleeping?" I lashed out on him in anger.

"You want me to believe me that you were sleeping?"

"I was going to unless you messaged me in the middle of the night out of nowhere" I throw my hands in the air in frustration.

He grunted, "stop being irrational and jealous"

"Wish I could disappear in the air now than being with you and I am definitely not jealous of you"

"Keep your stupid talks aside and tell me what you observed in the meeting" his eyes expecting me for my answers.

"I don't find any reasons to tell it to you"

"You have more problems than what you think you have Diya, you can't handle them alone"

"Being alone is not my problem, I am used to it to manage it well" I saw his dancing eyes looking at my both gaze intensely.

"You are not alone..." I cut him, "oh come on don't try to say, 'I am with you' I already got tired of fake promises and love" I rolled my eyes at him.

Ignoring it again he gets back in the circle, "did you saw anyone of the people who followed you in the morning?"

I shook my head in "no, not clear", "did you see anything that they had in common apart from their hoodie" I recalled the incident apart from fear I don't remember anything. My hand started to tremble.

"Hey calm down, calm down," he said intertwining our fingers, "take a breathe slowly, don't stress yourself if you don't want" the concern in his made me continue further.

"I never had blood on my cheek but I don't know how got it until she told me" a sort of rage passed his gazes, "who?"

"I don't know her" he took his mobile and did something and came back to me, "I will take care of it, stay out of this" I can't and I won't do it.

"Unless you tell me what is the problem between you and my father"

"There are my ways to stop you and I know how to do it"

"stop irritating me Arjun" he hit the car in anger making me jump off the place, "you stop irritating me Diya, stop calling me Arjun"

My heart clenched in pain, have I lost the right to even call your name?

"Sorry I won't" I whispered, "can you drop me back or shall I take any cab"

"Am not done talking, you are staying out of this matter and I also gave you a hint of your problem in the meeting, it's up to your stupid brain who understands it properly and most important I saw you looking at Mr. Gurjar most of the time, if you are going to do something stupid at him then I warn you better skip that idea" it was a command with his usual stern, arrogant, hubristic tone.

I laughed at his speech, "don't worry Arjun...shh sorry Mr. Verma I am not going to reveal about our fake marriage to him and yeah I will definitely do my detective works with your father-in-law" ruffling his messy hair I continued, "such a good son-in-law he got, so protective of your family"

Pushing my hands away, "get into the car before I do something I will regret later"

"Oh trust me your pro in messing up things and relations" I sat on the car while he still stood there enjoying with his cigarette, when he took another cigarette I called him, "I am sleepy" I shouted gaining his attention.

"sleep on the car" he lighted another cigarette taking a deep puff in and exhaled it again, "will she allow you to have cigarette like this continuously," I asked placing my head on the door of the car above my hand.

"I thought you were sleepy" i shrugged my shoulders, "tell me"

"she knows"

"She won't have a problem with it?"

He released out a huge bundle of smoke out, making it hard to yell at him to stop smoking, "no, she know I needed it" great.

"you are going to make a great family, let others do whatever they wanted" I laughed.

Inhaling a deep puff, "she trusts me and doesn't want to control me unlike you"

I felt fire been burned up inside me, "I tried to control you? Wish you rot in hell badly like no one else" he laughed throwing the small piece of cigarette on the floor, I angrily got out of the car, "screw you"

I started to walk towards the road hoping to find the cab or any lift, "in your pajamas anyone will think you were escaped from mental asylum"

"Yeah I got escaped from you and I don't care what they think of me"

"Do you have money?"

"like you are willing to help me" I never stopped walking with him following my feet back.

"Yeah, I am willing to give you a lift" and next second I was off the floor as he lifted me bridal style and started to walk towards his car, "leave me down"

"Nope"

I hit his chest, "I said leave me" I shouted really hard and he left me on the floor with a thud while I cried in pain as my back hit the floor very hard, "aah" I cried out again while he is laughing wholeheartedly holding his stomach for a second I felt like I went a month back to my wedding.

"Stop laughing," I said throwing a stone I found near me, "you asked for it"

"I never said you to drop me on the floor" with a struggle I stood up holding my back he came to me and put his hand on my back, "hope you are never doing it again" his hands caressed on my back softly like easing my pain in this process he came close to me.

"Don't come close to me" his eyes moved to my nose, cheek and finally landed on my lips and then my eyes back again while inching down slowly placing his look on my lips.

My mind registered what he is up to and I am not going to let him play with me again, the second he said he is in love with someone else he became a normal person to my brain which accepted the reality. 

"I will feel like a cheap person if you do it," I said blinking away my tears, "who knows this might be one of your game" he stiffened at my remark and instantly moved away to get into the car slamming it with a loud thud. Taking a deep breath I opened the back door. what does he think of himself? A king? To hell with him and his empty heart.

"Am not your driver, get in the front" he yelled hitting the steering wheel as a tear slipped my eyes but still I sat at the back as he yelled again, "Come front"

I ignored him again, "am not going to start the car until you come front" again I stayed silent wiping my tears quickly before he could notice.

Minutes passed we both were stubborn to let our ego go, he gets down and came to my side opening the door, "get out" I folded my hands to my chest showing him I won't, "fuck" he cursed angrily and put his hands under my legs and lifted me while I hit him until he let me down to stand on the floor.

"Why are you being so stubborn"

"you don't have a problem while coming now you have a problem with me sitting on the back?"

"Yes" he shouted running his hands on his already messy hair, "I do have a problem with you, will you go out of yourself away from all, away from my family, away from me rather being messing with my head?"

Making my heart stone I whispered, "If it's what you need I will" and got into the front seat, the whole drive was fearful for me as his speed of driving makes me hold onto the seat belt hard. After reaching Verma mansion I got down not before saying, "tears are the only thing you can give me and stop me if you can" as he sped his car screeching his tire clearly audible for me to hear even after entering into the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 869 18
"I will break your ego by marrying you and leaving you alone,I will see how you will face the world" he said. And he did what he said. After some t...
118K 4.8K 57
I looked at the man I was told to marry in a few days and I could feel my heart beating erraticaly. He looked at me too but gave a deep frown and mum...
66.5K 2.8K 34
For her, he is a stranger For him, she isn't They both shared a past which she is unaware about Dive in to know what will happen When she will know...
131K 7K 55
"You are Marrying ME!" I ordered her. "WHATTT!!!!" her eyes almost came out of sockets and she looked at me with a shocked face while I was looking a...