vibrant

By lolstark

"there's a reason we don't see the world in black and white" STARTED - Jul 15, 2020 FINISHED - Aug 29, 2020 O... More

cast + epigraph
one; van gogh
two; art kid
three; crazy good painter
four; scribbles
five; hues of blue
six; the studio
seven; da vinci
eight; coloured pencils
nine; painted shoes
ten; torn canvas
eleven; overly passionate
twelve; deliveries
thirteen; picture perfect daughter
fourteen; i'll be here
fifteen; doodles
sixteen; self portrait
seventeen; together
eighteen; sketches
nineteen ; different colours
twenty; black and white
twenty one; good sister
twenty three; the phantom
twenty four; pogue style
epilogue
playlist
sequel

twenty two; stress relief

2.4K 103 44
By lolstark

Ophelia sits in one of the middle seats of Kiara's subaru, fiddling with her fingers as her mind races. John B sits beside her, with Pope and Jj in the back. Night had fallen, and John B told them what had happened at the airstrip.

Rafe Cameron shot Sheriff Peterkin.

The thought of it sends chills up Ophelia's spine. She never thought he would escalate that badly. Sure, Rafe gets into fights, and lives to antagonize just about anybody, but the thought of him shooting someone seemed far beyond reality.

Then again, at one point finding five hundred million dollars in gold seemed crazy, too.

"John B, what are we doing at the police station?" Jj suddenly asks, snapping Ophelia away from her thoughts, she looks out the window, seeing the building and feeling a frown on her features. Her hear beats a little faster, she isn't a big fan of cops, they make her nervous.

"Somebody's gotta tell them what happened," John B mumbles.

Then, Pope starts a marijuana induced coughing fit, and Ophelia turns to look at him as Jj croons "Easy there, chief. Damn," Then, he leans forward, placing a hand on John B's shoulder, "Alright, I'm just gonna be real with you right now. You might end up in the lion's den, but you don't go there on purpose. It's fundamental, just like my old man always told me; You should never ever trust cops, no matter what the circumstance is."

"Your old man's an abusive liar," Kiara deadpans from the driver's seat.

Ophelia presses her lips into a thin line, "Yeah, J, I don't know how sound his advice is."

Jj puts his head down, nodding slightly, "Fair point," He mutters.

"I agree with Jj," Pope grumbles, holding the end of a blunt, "Fuck the police."

Kiara looks over her shoulder at Pope, "You goin' to the darkside now?"

Ophelia sighs, resting against her seats headrest, she looks over at John B, "We corrupted him," She sadly whispers, and John B gives her a small nod.

"When's the last time the police ever helped us?" Pope asks, irritated.

"Peterkin looked out for me, alright?" John B suddenly snaps, "Tried to, at least. They need to know."

John B slowly opens his door, hopping out. Ophelia sighs to herself, undoing her seatbelt, "I'm going with him," She says, opening her own door, "'Make sure he's alright." With a small 'Okay,' from the three Pogues, Ophelia slams the car door closed, and jogs up to John B, who is hesitating by the stairs.

"Ophelia?" John B wonders, looking down at the blonde as she takes ahold of his arm, rubbing it gently, "What are you doing?"

"I told you," Ophelia shrugs, "We're family. You don't have to do this alone."

John B gives her a weak smile, using his free hand to pat hers before they head up the steps together, "Thank you."

When they step through the doors, John B is visibly tense, and Ophelia keeps her grip on his arm. There's a radio blaring as they enter the station, "Adam, at the clinic. Peterkin's still in the ER." Ophelia and John B share a grim look before they step forward.

"Advise if you need air tran. Copy," The woman at the desk says into a hand piece, earning a "Copy that," from the radio.

"Uh, excuse me?" Ophelia softly says, watching as the woman harshly taps at the device in front of her. She doesn't look up. Ophelia doesn't see a name tag so she just clears her throat.

The woman, grey hair and a set of glasses, looks up at them, unimpressed, "This is not a good time, kids," She turns back to her radio, which is crackling out static, "Adam, advise if you need air tran."

Ophelia looks up at John B, and she gives his arm a squeeze, bringing his eyes down to her. The blonde girl gives her friend a reassuring nod, and he takes a deep breath before quietly muttering, "I know who shot the sheriff."

At his words, the woman's actions slow, and she takes off her glasses. Her expression is filled with disbelief for a split second, then it's stern, "You two stay put. I'll get a deputy."

When the woman runs off, Ophelia lets out a breath of relief she didn't know she was holding. Looking up at John B again, she's about to speak when a voice from the radio catches her attention, "Central, three Vick. We have a suspect in our thirty one. John Routledge," Ophelia's blood runs cold, and she and John B meet each other's gaze, their faces showing the same panic, "Fuck," Ophelia curses.

Another voice on the radio echoes out, this time female, "Copy that. All units be on the lookout for John B Routledge."

"Sixteen year old white male. Six foot. Last seen wearing a Bad Brains t shirt, board shorts, and a faded red hoodie," Movement catches Ophelia's eye, looking up, she sees two deputies, both with a hand on their hips, slowly approaching the pair of teenagers.

Immediately, John B shoves Ophelia behind him, and she feels an anxious weight sitting on her chest, "He didn't do it," She immediately squeaks out, making the deputy's eyes flick to her.

The female deputy is the first of the duo to speak "Just breathe," She gently instructs, trying to ease the tension in the room, "Alright?"

"Let me see your hands," The male says, making Ophelia whimper, "Both of you."

Ophelia's hands shake as she lifts them, and John B stays in front of her, "Look, I didn't-I didn't do it, okay?"

"Don't move," The man slowly growls out, and Ophelia's scared eyes see his hand tightly around his gun's holster. John B takes a small step back, and Ophelia knows exactly what he's going to do.

In an instant, John B is turning, pushing Ophelia in front of him as they race towards the door in a desperate sprint. Adrenaline starts to pump through Ophelia's system as she hears a gun cock, but before anything can happening, John B is guiding her out the door and down the stairs.

As soon as they're outside, John B is yelling, "Kie! Start the car!" Ophelia feels John B's hand on her back as he rushes them to the vehicle, "Start the car, Kie!"

Ophelia lets out a string of loud curse words, looking over her shoulder to see a few cops chasing them. She reaches the car, opening the door and throwing herself into the middle seat she had left, Kiara yelling, "What did you guys do?!" John B gets in the front seat, and Kiara starts up the engine, "What did you do, John B?"

"Lia, back here!" Jj shouts, the blonde girl locks her door before scrambling to the backseat. Jj immediately puts an arm around her, pulling her into his side as she catches her breath, her eyes still wide with panic, "You good?!"

Ophelia doesn't answer him, she just yells, "Kiara, drive!" After her words, Jj and Pope start screaming too, and Ophelia is so overwhelmed she can barely decipher who's saying what.

Then, Kiara slams her foot on the gas, the tires squealing slightly as they ram forward, one of the deputies clinging to the passenger's door.

"Open it!" Pope demands, and John B listens, opening the door and immediately slamming it, effectively knocking the police officer off of the vehicle and onto the ground.

Ophelia takes a few deep breaths as they peel away, leaning into Jj, who is still holding her tightly, "Holy fuck," She pants.

"Hey," Jj says, "You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," Ophelia nods before leaning her head back against Jj, "Please tell me you have weed left."

"Of course."

"Thank fucking god."

--

Kiara had parked near a shed, under an awning for the night. Ophelia slept in the backseats, or at least she tried to. The night was filled with John B's snoring, and Ophelia tossing and turning. Knowing that she's be awake when the sun goes up, Jj had given Ophelia his hat to put over her eyes, but it was pretty much no use. She'd been awake for hours when the other Pogues slowly start to stir themselves awake. Ophelia had been in her own, anxious thoughts the entire time, especially when cop cars keep fling by, sirens blaring. When Kiara turns on the radio, the blonde girl's brain quiets down slightly.

John B is a suspect in Sheriff Peterkin's murder, which Rafe Cameron committed.

When the local news mentions it, Kiara flicks it off, and Ophelia is happy she did.

"Let's game this out," Jj says shortly after, adjusting his red hat that Ophelia had returned to him, "Maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all, but who are the cops going to believe? Ward Cameron, or us? So, the accuser is a bigshot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused is John B. Who is pretty much a homeless, sixteen year old boy at the moment."

"Thanks," John B mumbles. Ophelia sits up, John B and Jj are reclined in the middle two seats, Pope in shotgun and Kiara behind the wheel. She looks over all of her friends, starting to shake her knee up and down as she rakes her brain for some kind of solution, finding nothing and cursing under her breath.

"Okay man," Jj starts, his head turning to look at John B, "Yucatan, alright? I'm saying that's the only option, what other options do you have?"

John B shakes his head, "Jj, enough with the Mexico bullshit, alright? Sarah's gonna bail me out."

"She did witness the whole thing," Kiara mentions.

Ophelia pulls her braid over her shoulder, starting to fiddle with the end of it, "I like Sarah, but do we really think she'd pick us over Rafe?"

"Exactly," Pope chimes, "She's not gonna snitch on her brother." Ophelia watches as Jj places a fresh blunt between his lips, taking a long drag from it after he lights is.

"No, not happening, bro," Jj mutters, releasing the smoke from his lips, "We'e got to get you off the island." He hands the blunt back to Ophelia, who gratefully takes a hit as soon as she can.

"You can take the ferry," Ophelia immediately suggests, giving the blunt back to Jj as the smoke leaves her, "It might still be running. It's the only way."

"Yeah," Jj agrees, "Exit stage left while you still can, man, okay? Before the entire Island goes on lockdown."

There's more sirens in the distance, "Guys, just get down," Kiara instructs, her voice low, Ophelia listens, laying back down on the row of backseats.

"Sarah's not a pogue, John B," Pope states, matter-o-factly.

"Yeah," Jj says, "You can't stay here, man." The words make involuntary tears spring to Ophelia's eyes. She hates the idea of John B leaving, but, she hates the idea of him getting arrested for a crime he didn't commit. So, she bites the inside of her cheek, trying her best not to cry as Kiara starts the car, pulling out of their spot and in the direction of the Ferry. Jj reaches back halfway through the drive, and Ophelia is confused for a second. Realizing what he wants, Ophelia softly smiles, even though he can't see it. She places her hand in his, letting him trace calming patterns with his thumb during the drive, slowing the racing of her heart slightly.

When they arrive at the dock, Pope gets out to inspect the scene, despite him being the most stoned. He had smoked pretty much all of Jj's blunt, only coughing a few times.

He's only gone for a few moments before he's sliding into the driver's seat with a piece of paper in hand.

"So, um, okay so, bad news," Pope says, handing the sheet to Kiara, "Ferry's closed, and there's this."

When Kiara hands it back to Jj, Ophelia leans forward, looking at his over his shoulder, "You've gotta be fucking kidding," Ophelia mutters out.

The paper is John B's wanted poster, with a twenty five thousand dollar reward.

"Well, John B, uh," Jj sarcastically says, showing the brunette boy the photo of him, "This is a good framer of you."

John B takes the flyer from Jj as Pope starts to speak, "Okay, so the whole island's looking for John B right now."

"That's a lot of money," Kiara says, looking into the backseat.

"Congratulations, John B," Jj says, watching the boy look over his own photo, "You're now famous."

"Medicine Dad always thought this would happen," Ophelia mumbles, making John B and Jj face her with a raised brow, "What? It's true, he just assumed it'd be Jj."

The blonde boy slowly nods, "Think I'll score brownie points because it isn't?"

"Probably not."

"Well, shit."

Kiara looks around the group, her brows furrowed at Jj and Ophelia's small interaction, "We need to get to the HMS. We need small, no running lights-"

"It's at the Chateau, Kie," John B interrupts.

Jj nods, "And I wonder if the cops have got the entire place staked out, oh wait, let me think," Jj takes a small, overly sarcastic, pause, "Oh yeah, no, they definitely have that place locked down."

"Going there would be Dogberry-level stupid," Ophelia chimes.

"Yeah, copy that," Kiara says, rolling her eyes. Then she turns to Ophelia, "Dogberry?"

"It's Shakespeare."

"Of course it is," Kiara mutters, rolling her eyes yet again.

Ophelia lets the irritation roll off her shoulders, "We need a plan."

"Let me think, let me think," Pope says quickly, "Just give me a second," There's a small pause before the brainiac turns in his seat, "Jj."

"What?"

"Does your dad still have that boat? The cigarette boat, the Phantom? The one he used to race?" Pope asks. At the mention of Jj's Dad, Ophelia skin crawls with distaste.

Jj thinks for a second, "Maybe."

"You could get right up the coast, no problem," Pope says, turning back around.

"It won't be easy, Pope-"

"Okay look," Kiara says, thinking out loud and speaking over Jj, "The surf's running from like, three to four."

"-I don't know where the keys are," Jj finishes.

"Well, find them!" Pope calls.

"He's not going back there!" Ophelia snaps, just as loud, making everyone go quiet and stare at her for a second.

"Lia, it might be our only option," Jj lowly whispers to her, "I have to."

At his words, Ophelia clenches her jaw, tears building in her eyes yet again, and she curses herself for it. She doesn't say anything to him, she just avoids his eyes, biting the inside of her cheek and trying to blink away the wetness clouding her vision.

"Why is nobody moving forward? What's going on?" Pope suddenly asks. Ophelia rolls her eyes, wondering how he got behind the wheel in the first place.

"Hey," Kiara says, snapping her fingers near Pope's ear, "Can you relax? Jj, how much weed did you give him?"

Before Jj can answer, John B pipes up, the flyer still in his hands, "Guys! Your car is on the poster."

Then, Pope lays on the horn a few times, "Hey! Can we move it?"

"Pope!" Ophelia frustratedly yells, "All the cars here are parked!"

Kiara also starts to protest when a shout from a small voice catches her attention, "Mom! Look! It's that guy! Right there!"

"Shit," Kiara seethes, and Ophelia feels panic flooding into her chest.

"We got a snitch, Pope, turn the car on," Jj urgently pleads.

Then, there's a man smacking the window, "Hey, he's right there!"

"Pope, we gotta go!" Kiara shouts as more and more people seem to crowd around the vehicle.

"I swear to god, Pope, if you don't-" Ophelia starts, but, she's cut off by the car lurching forward. Ophelia squeals, grabbing onto Jj's headrest to keep herself stable.

"Pope! Back up!" The blond boy yells. Instead, Pope hits the gas again, moving the car in front of them before he cranks the wheel to one side, flying out from behind it and peeling away through the park.

Ophelia lets out a string of loud curse words as Pope drives across the lawn, eventually swerving onto the main road. The car is barely on the street, running over mailboxes and making Ophelia cringe as he does so, Kiara yelling out, "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Watch out!"

When he swerves back onto the road, Pope happily cheers out, "I'm living my best life now!"

"I should be the last one to tell you this, but you are not okay to drive, dude, stop!" Jj yells.

"Pull over!" Ophelia adds, agreeing with Jj.

As soon as the words leave her mouth, Pope hits the breaks, and the car screeches to an abrupt stop, "John B, get out."

Ophelia looks to the driver's seat, puzzled, "He's right," Jj nods, "We'll draw the cops, you run! Alright? I'll get the rig and I'll meet you in the dump tomorrow, okay?" John B scrambles up as Jj speaks, "Three o'clock okay? Three o'clock tomorrow at the dump!"

John B looks to Ophelia as soon as he's out the door. She gives him a firm nod, "Go," She says, "I'll see you tomorrow."

With this, John B turns and sprints away into the treeline. Ophelia moves up to the seat he left absent, slamming the door shut as soon as she's sitting. Then, Pope takes off again, and Jj pulls out his rolling papers.

--

A few hours pass, and Ophelia is probably the most stoned she's ever been. With Jj's permission, she had used some of his supply to roll her own, fat, blunt to ease her nerves. Now, she sits, barely able to open her eyes, or move, with her legs across Jj's lap. The blond boy had taken her glasses, setting them in his shirt pocket for safe keeping.

Jj laughs, recounting the events that had happened by the ferry as the sun sets behind them, "Pope, you clocked that car man! Like, that was so bad!"

Pope smirks, looking into the back seats, the blunt between his fingers, "I'm just glad I'm not driving now."

"Shit," Ophelia says, dragging out the word, "He is driving."

Kiara hisses, "Pull over!" And the small, stoned smile that had graced Ophelia's features, immediately fades away. She turns to look at Jj, who shares his expression, "Guys, it's not funny, he shouldn't be driving!"

"Mama's mad," Jj mumbles, Kiara and Pope switching seats. At his words, Ophelia can't help it, she lets out a giggle. Jj looks at her, smiling at the sound. He rubs the part of her legs that are on his lap, "Lia, you're gone."

"Yessir," Ophelia says as Kiara starts to drive yet again. Ophelia raises her brows, tilting her head to look out the window, "Where're we goin?"

The curly headed brunette glances back at the blonde girl as she starts to drive, "The last place they're gonna look."

"Good news, Jj," Ophelia chimes her words slow out of her mouth, the stoned smile returning to her face as she looks at the boy, "We're goin' to Xcaluk."

--

Turns out, the last place the cops would look isn't the jewel of the Yucatan, but Tannyhill. The same place where Ward and Rafe Cameron live.

"Okay," Kiara says as she puts the car in park, "Who's sober enough to come with?"

There's a small silence before Pope volunteers, "I will."

"You can focus enough to be the distraction?"

"Of course."

Jj looks out the window to the fence they're parked behind, "This is worse than the Lion's den, you know that, right?"

Kiara shrugs, "We need to talk to Sarah," Ophelia turns her head from where she's mindlessly gazing out the window when she hears Kiara snapping her fingers, "Jesus," Kiara mutters, "Jj, stay with her, make sure she doesn't have anymore weed," Kiara opens her door, stepping out, "And make sure she doesn't die."

"She won't!" Ophelia assures, adjusting her position in her seat, luckily finding the ability to move again, "Tell Sarah I say hi."

"Sure, Ophelia."

"Perfectly focused," Pope mutters, also getting out of the car.

Jj lets out a loud sigh, "Are you sure this is a good idea?" He calls through the open window.

"She's the only person that can clear John B," Kiara responds, not even turning as she approaches the property.

"Last place they'll look because of how stupid it is!" Jj shoots back, watching as both Kiara and Pope disappear over the fence.

The pair of blonde's sit in silence for a second before Ophelia sadly mumbles, "She's not gonna tell Sarah I say hi."

"She might."

"She won't."

Jj chuckles, and Ophelia glares at him through her hooded eyes, seeing the expression, he gives her leg a reassuring pat, "Sorry, I've never seen you this stoned before."

"I've never been this stoned before," Ophelia mumbles, a small smile returning to her face, "You're a bad influence."

"I'm a bad influence?" Jj repeats, his brows raised and an amused smile on his face, "How?"

Ophelia thinks for a second, removing her legs from Jj's lap and sitting up, she draws a blank, "I don't know, you just are."

"You're into it though," Jj smirks, leaning towards her.

"Mhm," Ophelia hums in agreement, leaning in as well. When their lips brush, Ophelia pauses, pulling back slightly, "Is it wrong of us to make out right now? With everything going on?"

"No," Jj immediately responds, "Think of it as, uh, stress relief."

"I'm pretty stressed."

"Me too."

Then, they're kissing. Ophelia doesn't know who leaned in first, but all she knows is she's addicted to the feeling of it. She reaches up, her hands balling up the fabric of Jj's shirt in her fists. She feels butterflies in her stomach as one of Jj's hands go to the back of her neck. He deepens the kiss, and both of them let out a low moan.

Without breaking the kiss, Jj manages to bring Ophelia over to him so she's siting on his lap. Her hands move to his hair, and his circle around her waist, positioning themselves under her shirt. Ophelia can't get enough.

All they do for a few moments is kiss and kiss and kiss, and again, Ophelia can barely put the intoxicating feeling to words. His lips against hers draws another low moan, and she can feel him smile at the reaction, and they both chuckle at the sound briefly before they kiss again.

That is, until they hear Pope grumbling to himself as he hops the fence yet again.

When she pulls away, Jj chases her lips, pressing one more chaste kiss on them before their time is up, and Pope reenters the car, adjusting the cap on his head.

"How's your stress?" Jj asks, looking at Ophelia with an amused smirk.

She can't help but let out a small laugh as she looks down at him, "Don't have any, how's yours?"

"Can't even remember what it is."

Ophelia wants to kiss him again, but holds herself back.

"What are you two talking about?" Pope harshly asks from the passenger's seat, looking back at the pair of blondes and raising a brow when he sees Ophelia comfortably on Jj's lap.

Noticing this, Ophelia moves to go back to her seat, but Jj keeps his arms around her, keeping her against him and making her cheeks heat up yet again, "Nothing Pope," He says, "Don't worry about it."

A few moments later, Kiara enters the car as well, turning to face Ophelia immediately, "Sarah says hi," She deadpans.

Ophelia grins, her arms winding around Jj's neck. She tries to open her eyes a bit wider, but can't. She turns to Jj, who is looking at her with the smallest of smiles on his face, despite the chaos occurring around them, "She told her," She lowly whispers.

"Ophelia," Pope mutters, "We toking again?"

"Absolutely not," Kiara snaps, starting the car and pulling away from Tannyhill.

---

A/N:

Hello!! THANK YOU FOR READING!!

Stoned Ophelia is based off of personal experience. Lmao.

Ophelia is adorable and i love her sm.

Also, I have one ep left to write:(((( so sad. 

Anyways, thank you again! Please vote+comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

674 35 12
I do not own OBX! (JJ x OC) Season 1 - Onwards γ€ŠStarted 23rd July 2023》 γ€ŠFinished γ€ŠLast Edited
703K 19.4K 51
If I'm on fire, you'll be made of ashes too. JJ MAYBANK / FEM!OC OBX SEASON 1 FIRST DRAFT βΈ» 05/08/20 β†’ 07/17/20 EDITED βΈ» 02/09/23 β†’ 04/19/23 #1st in...
12K 585 7
i was filled with poison but blessed with beauty and rage 𓍒ִ໋ outer banks 𓍒ִ໋ jj maybank x fem!oc 𓍒ִ໋ season one - tbd ...
5.1M 111K 40
❝ your ass must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth. ❞ ❝ i like the noise you make when you shut the fuck up. ❞ outer banks { jj...