five; hues of blue

"I finished Ophelia last night," Ophelia grins, watching Medicine Dad flip a blueberry pancake. Art Dad looks up from the book he's reading, his eyes wide. Slamming his coffee mug down on the counter, Michael runs out of the room, dashing towards the stairs.

Reid looks over his shoulder at his daughter, "I've never actually seen him run before."

Ophelia laughs as her dad serves her three pancakes, "He has surprisingly good form."

When they hear Michael's excited yell from Ophelia's studio, Reid and Ophelia share a knowing look. Usually Medicine Dad isn't around in the mornings, but sometimes, once or twice a month, he takes a day off and is home all day, another surgeon covering his patients in case of emergency. Today is one of these days. "He's going to want to frame it," Reid says lowly.

"Wanna put money on it?" Ophelia smirks, leaning onto the kitchen counter.

Reid raises a brow at Ophelia, and he has a bit of mischief in his eye, "Twenty bucks if it's the first thing he says."

"Thirty if he wants it in his office," Ophelia fires back. The pair reach over the island that separates them, shaking hands.

Then, in a fleury of excitement, Michael bounds back into the room, "Ophelia, it's perfect!" Michael exclaims, making Reid groan slightly. He just lost twenty dollars, "I want to frame it, and I want to put it in my office at the school!"

Ophelia grins, "Thanks, Dad," Then she turns to her other father figure, holding out her hand, "I'm pretty sure that's fifty, all together."

Reid sighs, picking his wallet up off of the counter, "You'll get thirty and I'll buy your next canvas."

Ophelia smugly snatches the bills as Reid holds them out, "Thank you."

Michael looks at both his family members, "Did you guys bet on me again? You know I find it find it offensive."

"We'll stop when you're not making it easy," Reid teases dropping a wink at his husband, and Ophelia takes a bite of her pancakes, amused at her Dads antics. As she swallows her mouthful there's a knock at the door.

Ophelia hops up from her stool, speed-walking her way to the door. Pulling it open, she finds Kiara, "Hey Kie," Ophelia greets, stepping aside to let the brunette into her home, "What's up?"

"I'm biking to the Chateau," Kiara says, "I thought I'd stop by and see if you wanted to come."

Ophelia closes the door, "Let me just get ready," Then, a goofy grin builds on the blonde's face, "I finished Ophelia last night, do you want to see?"

Kiara enthusiastically nods, and Ophelia leads her up the stairs to her studio. When they get there, Kiara looks at the painting, which is still siting proudly on the canvas from the night before, her jaw dropping, "Ophelia, holy shit! It's amazing!"

Ophelia grins, "Thank you! I know I still have a long time to put my portfolio together for Art schools and stuff, but I think Ophelia's in it."

When Kiara takes out her phone, and snaps a few photos, Ophelia feels pride burning brightly in her chest. Excusing herself, Ophelia goes across the hall to her room, putting on a yellow t-shirt and a pair of mom jeans (her favourite). She brings her hair up into her usual messy bun and puts a grey bandeau on her head as a headband, keeping the flyaways from her face. Adjusting her glasses, Ophelia picks up her backpack and goes back to her studio, grabbing Kiara as they head down stairs.

"We're going to the Chateau!" Ophelia calls, shoving her feet into her white converse.

"Remember to be home for dinner!" Reid shouts from the kitchen, "Doctor Thorton and her family are coming over and you need to be here!"