seven; da vinci

Kiara hands an envelope through the hole, and Ophelia watches John B's face. She puts her head on his shoulder, recognizing the handwriting immediately. For Bird.

Pope sighs, "That's not gold," He grumbles, and Ophelia lifts her head to give him a strong glare.

"Holy shit," John B says, looking down at the fedex parcel. Ophelia gives him an excited squeeze on the shoulder. He was right, "This is from my Dad."

Ophelia smells weed faintly, and she looks towards Jj, who's sparking up, "Dude, you have another one?" Ophelia asks, approaching the boy. But, Jj holds his hand out, stopping her in her tracks.

"Code red," He urges, and Ophelia furrows her brows, "Code red. Square groupers, square groupers!" Ophelia's eyes widen, and she rushes behind the mausoleum, pressing herself against the wall and turning off her flashlight, "It's the guys that robbed your house!"

Jj puts out his blunt against the stone wall, and Ophelia reaches up, flicking the stoned boy's headlamp off, "Your light, Jj," She quietly hisses, her heart beating rapidly in her chest. She barely recovered from their encounter with the square groupers earlier in the day, and Ophelia feels nowhere near ready to deal with them again.

"Do you think it's them?" Kiara asks, and Ophelia watches as Jj peers around the corner.

"Homie's got a gun," Jj says.

Before Ophelia can even react, Kiara mutters, "Screw this," and takes off in a run.

John B and Pope take off after her, and Ophelia yelps as Jj grabs her wrist, pulling her up and dragging her along with him. Ophelia is the first one to admit that she isn't an athlete, she's an uncoordinated art and literature nerd and the only time she runs is when she's forced to in PE class, so, she struggles to keep up with Jj.

"Lia, here," Jj says once they reach the fence, Jj links his hands together like he did for Kiara, and Ophelia places her foot on it, letting him hoist her up onto the fence, from there, she not-so-gracefully falls to the other side. She watches as Jj follows her, hopping the fence with ease, John B and Kiara doing the same. The group starts to head to the van when a shout catches their attention.

"Guys, I'm stuck!" Pope. Ophelia turns, and if the situation wasn't so tense, she may have laughed at him hanging onto the fence, which is somehow tangled in his shorts, for dear life.

"Pope, come on man!" Jj shouts, then, he pulls out the gun, aiming it at their friend, "No, Pope, don't move, okay?"

"Jj!" Ophelia hisses, swatting his hand away. He puts the gun back in his pants, but looks at her, confused, "We don't shoot our friends!"

Then, Kiara walks up to where Pope is hanging, and literally rips him down. Ophelia's cheeks turn bright red at the sight of Pope in his underwear, his shorts hanging from the fence behind them. She laughs, turning and running to the van as John B calls out, "It's a tootsie roll!"

Kiara, Pope, and Ophelia all pile in the back, Jj and John B in the front as they peel away from the graveyard, and head back to the Chateau.

--

"Yo, Lia, you want some of this?" Jj calls from the kitchen.

Ophelia's head whips up from the sketch she's working on in the lantern light, a new self portrait, or maybe she'd paint Kiara (She hasn't decided yet). The painting would be made up of golden yellows, blues and stunning indigos, with touches of natural, rosy colours to bring it back down to earth. Ophelia hums in response before blindly yelling back, "Yeah, sure!" If Jj's in the kitchen, it means he's making something to quench the munchies, and Ophelia's stomach growls just thinking about it.