A new beginning- not finished...

By mrtha_638

Alyssa never expected to have any other family than her abusive mother. She especially never thought she'd ha... More

c h a p t e r 1 - escaping
Character list :)
c h a p t e r 2- I have brothers?
c h a p t e r 3- my new home
c h a p t e r 4- meeting my brothers
c h a p t e r 5- who puts a dishwasher in a cupboard?
c h a p t e r 6- Gucci's the new Walmart?
c h a p t e r 7- facing my brothers
c h a p t e r 8- I guess I'm going to school
c h a p t e r 9- art lessons ain't it
c h a p t e r 10- brown-eyed boy
c h a p t e r 11- PE sucks
c h a p t e r 12- truth hurts
c h a p t e r 13- one cramped locker and a whole lot of tension
c h a p t e r 14- football practice
c h a p t e r 15- spaghetti and meatballs
c h a p t e r 16- the aftermath
c h a p t e r 17- a night at the fair
c h a p t e r 18- messing with my feelings
c h a p t e r 19- just the typical day
c h a p t e r 21- 4am stars
c h a p t e r 22- sandy days
c h a p t e r 23- chocolate heaven
c h a p t e r 24- i wanna be yours
update but not rly lmao

c h a p t e r 20- a Hawaii holiday

10.5K 313 68
By mrtha_638

'Just one more- you can do that.'

I groaned as Jared spoke from above me, my position on the bench press making only his face visible. Straining, I attempted to push the bar up, the result ending as usual- I give up, Jared then has to take the bar, leaving me, sounding like the voice of death, sprawled out on the bench. God, I hated working out.

Waving my hand in the air, Jared took my signal and sighed, pulling me up so I could stand. Slowly, I limped over to the mirror, gazing at myself.

'Yup. I'm definitely more toned,' I said, nodding at my reflection in triumph. Jared smirked in amusement, crossing his arms in front of him, 'You did one pull up. That's it.'

I rolled my eyes, 'All right muscle man, no need to flex.'

Before Jared could make another comment- I knew I would bicker with him all day otherwise- I half ran, half limped over to where Jordan was on the treadmill.

'Hey bestie!' I called, jumping onto the machine next to him. Jordan grunted in reply, sweat falling down his face as he continued to run. I set up the machine, frowning when it asked me to choose a pace. I'll just go at whatever Jordan's going at I thought- I mean, I could probably keep up with him, right? Peering over, I saw that the machine read that he was going at a 5:50 pace per mile. I sighed, pushing in the correct numbers into the treadmill. Immediately, the machine whirred to a start, the abrupt beginning making me fall forward.

After about 3 minutes, I soon learnt that running was, in fact, not for me. I didn't know how Jordan was going at this pace for any longer than a mile but I sure as fuck was not going to find out. My legs literally wobbling as I slowed to a stop, I was saved from my misery by Wyatt calling down through the speaker, 'Dinner is ready in the dining room. Please come immediately.'

Thank Jesus- I was so hungry after all that exercise.

Walking over to where Jordan was gathering his stuff, I tapped his shoulder, 'Because you love me,' I began, my speech halted by my twin sighing, 'I hate when you start with that. Go on then, what do you want?'

I rolled my eyes at him, annoyed that he knew me so well, 'Pretty please, can you give me a piggy back? Please?'

I pulled my best puppy eyes, knowing that he eventually would give in. Sure enough, seconds later he sighed again, pulling me onto his back.

'Thank you,' I sang, grinning into his neck.

'Whatever.'

We walked into the dining room, the rest of our brothers waiting for us. Dylan took one look at me hanging from Jordan's back before snickering, 'She's got you so wrapped round her finger, dude.'

I smiled into Jordan's shoulder when he didn't say anything back, kissing his cheek as I jumped off and went to my seat. Immediately, the food came through, plates of pasta being placed before us. I smiled widely- pasta was the best meal.

I raised my hand to start eating along with the rest of the table when Wyatt coughed loudly. Straight away, we all snapped to attention, the piece of pasta on my fork slipping down onto my plate.

'So,' Wyatt began, 'as most of us know, we go on a trip to Hawaii each year. Of course, now Alyssa is here with us I would like to continue that tradition. Which is why, tomorrow, we will be going- Alyssa and Jordan, you two can bring friends if you would like. Any problems with parents I will sort out. You may eat now.'

I stared in disbelief at Wyatt while my brothers continued to chat and eat- obviously they were used to this. I, however, was in shock that I would be going on holiday TOMORROW. Wyatt was seemingly ignoring my blatant staring because he gave me one quick once over before going back to his conversation with Aaron. I leaned back in my seat- I guess instead of school, I would be heading to Hawaii tomorrow.

Luckily, I didn't have to choose anyone to invite- Xavier was a definite no (I didn't even want to imagine the horror I would face if I tried to invite a boy on vacation), Willow was going to Egypt to visit her relatives over the summer which meant that I could invite Lyra without leaving anyone out on purpose. Suddenly, a wave of excitement overcame me- I was going on holiday for the first time and it would be with my brothers and best friend.

-----------

I woke up the next morning to a massive body leaping on me.

'The fuck?' I moaned groggily, cracking open my eyes. Stretched out on my bed, lay Dylan.

'Morning, sissy,' he smirked. I groaned, slamming a pillow back over my head and closing my eyes once again. Almost immediately, the pillow was replaced with Dylan's face.

'Uh uh. Do you not remember what we're doing today?'

With wide eyes, I bolted up right, suddenly wide awake, 'Oh my god. We're going on holiday! Shit. We have to leave in like 30 minutes!' Shoving my way past Dylan, I slammed the bathroom door, ignoring Dylan's shouting on how I needed to 'watch my mouth'. Eh, I didn't really have time to deal with his reprimanding right now.

After getting ready in record time, I quickly chucked some clothes and other essentials into my suitcase, making sure to sneak at least one revealing bikini and dress in there as well. Looking around to see if I'd forgotten anything, I heaved my bag out the door, landing with a thump in the hallway. I began to push it further down the hall when a voice spoke from behind, 'Don't even think about carrying that down the stairs.'

I turned to see Dylan; his suitcase slung casually over his shoulder as if it wasn't the same weight as a child. I scoffed, 'I wasn't going to do that.'

Dylan raised an eyebrow, easily seeing through my lie and reached past me to pick up the abandoned bag, leaving me to trail behind him as he carried them downstairs. Spotting Jordan, I threw my arms round him, burying my head into his chest.

'It's too early,' I mumbled, his laughter rumbling through his body as he hugged me closer. He was about to speak when Wyatt clapped, gaining our attention.

'Right,' he grumbled, 'I know it's 4am but we're running on a schedule so you lot need to get in the car while we finish packing it up.'

I sighed, still latched onto Jordan as we went towards the car. Crawling into the back seat, I lasted two minutes before falling back asleep.

Cole's POV:

I waited patiently on the curb, waiting for the Alyssa and Jordan to arrive with the rest of their family. When Jordan asked me last night to go with them to Hawaii, I didn't hesitate to say yes. Firstly, it was a reason to get away from my shitty home life and, secondly, I would get to see Alyssa the whole time. I smirked as I remembered how she had avoided me the whole day after our kiss- little did she know, she would now be seeing me without fail for a solid two weeks.

The car finally arrived and I climbed into the backseat, fist bumping Jordan and nodding hello to the other brothers.

'Yo, Cole,' Jordan whispered to me, 'Do you think you can move Alyssa for me? She's asleep so be careful.'

Feeling slightly pressurized at the weight of the whole Martínez brothers looking at me, I carefully placed Alyssa onto the middle seat, her head flopping onto my shoulder as I sat down. I looked warily at Dylan who was now giving me a warning stare that silently said 'Don't touch my sister.'

I hid my smile as I looked back down at Alyssa who'd now moved her head from my shoulder to my lap. My hand itched to stroke her hair or just generally stare at her face but I resisted, trying to look casual as I stared out the window. Still, I couldn't help but smirk slightly- her face was going to be priceless when she woke up.

Alyssa's POV:

I snuggled deeper into my pillow, sighing as I began to wake up. Smiling, I sat up and yawned, turning to face Jordan.

'Thanks for the pillow,' I said brightly- that really was a comfy sleep for some reason. Someone snorted beside me and I frowned- I swear I had been by the window before. Turning my body, I screamed when I saw the person next to me. I had to look for a couple more seconds before I fully processed who was beside me. Of fucking course. Cole Riveras.

I closed my eyes again, hoping that when I opened them, Cole wouldn't be sitting next to me. But, no, I was sadly disappointed because, sure enough, Cole was still there, staring in what could only be amusement as he watched the horror on my face.

'Enjoyed your sleep on my lap?' He said cheerily.

'Hello, Cole,' I spoke tightly, annoyed at him for being here and myself for not guessing that Jordan would invite him.

'Hey,' he replied back, a cocky tone to his voice as he looked down at my lips. I blushed, turning my head away instantly and submerging my head into a book I'd bought. Peering over the cover, I looked to see Cole still smirking at me, a knowing look in his eyes. I guess I wasn't the only one thinking of that kiss. Shaking my head, I refused to look again, trying- and failing- to read.

Thankfully, we arrived at the airport soon and I jumped out at the first chance we got, sprinting to where I saw Lyra's petite figure. We both collapsed as I tackled her to the floor, her screaming and me laughing.

'Bitch!' She grinned, blowing her hair out of her eyes as I continued to hug her.

'Yup,' I winked, helping her up as I stood, 'But, seriously, we have an issue.'

'What is it?'

I sighed, 'Look behind you.' Lyra turned, seeing my brothers and Cole walking towards us.

'No way.'

I huffed, nodding as Lyra stared on with wide eyes.

'Well,' she said, eventually, 'this will be interesting.'

And to that, I could agree. 

Helloooo! Hope you liked today's chapter and if you did please vote and comment :))) thank you again for all the support on this story, I honestly love reading the comments hahhaha. Anwaysss, comment any suggestions or what you think may happen on this holiday ;) love you, have a great day and ty for reading! <3 Also sorry for any grammar mistakes I've made in the book or anything like that, when it's fully finished I'm gonna edit it fully for things like that :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 83.5K 90
She is innocent They are manipulative She plays it safe They thrive in danger She likes her normal life They rule the world of crime She didn't...
THE FORGOTTEN By M.Carrington

Mystery / Thriller

319 21 16
Alyssa is gone from home and surrounded by faces and houses and stories. They told her that she was one of them but do they have the right person. He...
644K 16K 44
Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's only getting started. While everyone is out...
10.4K 96 21
MOVING TO NEW ACCOUNT - @thatweirdokhai - 𝘼𝙇𝙔𝙎𝙎𝘼 𝙃𝙀𝙈𝙈𝙄𝙉𝙂𝙎, 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼...