In Your Shadow ✓

By quilldrop

Spin-off to "The Marriage Law - A Slytherpuff Story" COMPLETED More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue

Chapter 14

11.3K 526 275
By quilldrop

Mia and Sage were heading towards the Great Hall for breakfast the next day. On their way, however, they met a group of Gryffindor boys.

"Morning, Mia," James started walking beside her with a grin on his face. "Had a good sleep?"

She linked arms with Sage. "Sure."

"Ah, I'm glad. Me too."

"I don't remember asking," Mia said coolly.

James' friends started laughing.

"Yeah, mate," a blonde guy pat his shoulder, "she really does seem to like you now."

"Shut up, Isaac," he muttered, glaring at him.

Mia quickened her pace, pulling Sage along with her.

"What's the rush?" James called after her.

"Aw, she's trying to get away from you," Isaac pouted. "But don't worry, I'm sure it's because she's in love with you. Makes perfect sense."

"I think I told you to shut up."

"Bitter Potter's making a comeback, everyone! Watch out!" Isaac grinned.

"I said," James clenched his jaw, "shut up."

"Relax," Isaac put a hand on his shoulder. "Jamia can still happen. Or is it Mames? Or perhaps... wake up, she's not into you?"

"Why am I even friends with you?" James asked.

"Because you have no choice."

"You guys are annoying," Jason spoke up for the first time.

"Then go hang out with your girlfriends," Isaac glared at him. "Or have you lot broken up? You have been spending a suspicious amount of time with us lately. Did they kick you out of the group?"

"As you can see," Jason gestured towards Mia and Sage, who were quite far away from them now, "they have other friends too. It's hard to find time to hang out now..."

"How sad. I'm going to cry," Isaac rolled his eyes.

"At least she's still your friend," James said bitterly.

"Come on, can't you just find someone else?" The redhead asked. "Mia is not the only girl in this school, you know."

"Right," Isaac nodded. "What do you even see in her? I mean, she's just a mean nerd, isn't she?"

"She's not mean," Jason frowned. "Well... okay, she is sometimes, but not really, you know?"

"No, I don't," Isaac gave him a confused look, then he turned back to James. "She's really fit, I'll give her that, but her personality is not the best."

"Look who's talking," Jason scoffed.

"Hey!"

"Can we just hurry up and get some breakfast already?" James asked. "I'm hungry."

"Hungry for Ms Malfoy, eh?" Isaac smirked.

"I just can't believe she doesn't like me," he said quietly. "I mean, what's there not to like?!"

"Who cares?" The blonde shrugged. "You can do better than her, James."

"Nah, I won't give up that easily. Defeat is not in my vocabulary."

"This is not even about Mia anymore, though, is it?" Jason frowned. "You don't care about her as a person, you only want the satisfaction of knowing that everyone likes you."

"Okay, Bennett," James rolled his eyes. "Thanks for your insight, I guess, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't jump to conclusions."

"Fine, don't listen to us."

They continued their way to the Great Hall in silence. When they arrived, they sat down at the Gryffindor table.

"Oh, hey, Kaden," Jason greeted the brunette boy, who took a seat next to him.

"Morning," he muttered.

"Kaden!" James grinned at him from across the table. "How are you?"

"Not like you actually care, but fine," Kaden frowned. "What do you want?"

"Can't I just ask how my fellow housemate is doing?" James tilted his head to the side.

"Mia doesn't like you and she never will," he scowled. "And I can't do anything to change that, but even if I could, I still wouldn't, so let me be."

"It's a lost cause, my friend," Isaac shook his head while placing some bacon on his plate.

"I couldn't have asked for more supportive friends," James mumbled grumpily.

"Cheer up, will you?" Jason sent him a pleading look.

"Am I not handsome enough?" James asked. "Is that it?"

"For Merlin's sake," the redhead sighed, then he turned to look at a blonde girl sitting near them. "Oi, Sarah!"

She turned towards him with a confused expression on her face. "Yes?"

"Do you think James is handsome? Be honest."

Her cheeks reddened slightly. "Oh, uh... well, yeah."

"Cheers," Jason nodded at her, then he turned back to James. "Does that answer your question?"

"Who cares about Sarah's opinion?" He crossed his arms over his chest. "She's not Mia."

"Get a grip, man!" Isaac groaned. "Again, she's really not all that."

"Right," Kaden scoffed. "I bet you're just saying that because you know she's way out of your league. For the record, she wouldn't go out with any of you."

"I sure hope not," Jason chuckled. "I'm her friend."

"Would you stop flexing with that?" James glared at him. "Look at me, I'm on talking terms with Mia, and she actually enjoys my presence."

"That's right," he grinned.

"Screw you, Jace."

"You know what?" He leaned back. "I'll go and talk to her right now."

"What?" James' eyes widened. "Why?"

"Because I can," Jason shrugged with a smile, then he stood up from their table and started walking towards the Ravenclaw one.

When he spotted Mia and her friend, he made his way over to them.

"Excuse me," he squeezed himself between Mia and another girl. "Visitor coming through."

"Jason?" Mia raised an eyebrow at him. "What are you doing here?"

"Just thought I would check up on you," he dropped an arm around her shoulders. "What's up?"

"I'm... eating?"

"Good, good," he nodded. "Hello... Sage, right?" He glanced at the girl sitting on her other side.

"Yes, hi," she nodded at him unenthusiastically.

"Listen," he turned back to look at Mia. "I would like to have a little chat with you."

"About?"

"You'll find out soon enough."

"Fine," she let out a sigh. "Let's just get it over with, then. I'm not hungry anymore anyway."

"Alright," Jason stood up.

"I'll see you in class, I suppose," Mia told Sage, then she stood up as well.

Jason put an arm around her shoulders again and started guiding her out of the Great Hall.

"What's with this?" She asked, gesturing at his arm.

"Ah, I reckon James is watching us, so I thought I would mess with him a little."

Mia raised her eyebrows at him. "What a great friend you are."

"Oh, I am."

When they walked out to the Entrance Hall, the two of them stopped next to the wall.

"So?" Mia turned to face him. "What is it?"

"Right," Jason nodded, putting his hands inside his robe's pockets. "Well, James told us about your little meeting yesterday."

"Meeting?" She scoffed. "I caught him sneaking around on the corridors and did my duty as a prefect, there was nothing more to it."

"I know that, but he told it to us like... well, he said that the two of you were flirting and stuff, that you seemed to be really into him and all."

"That doesn't surprise me," Mia rolled her eyes. "But it's not true."

"So, you... you really don't like him, right?" He looked down into her eyes.

"Of course I don't."

"Listen," he took a tiny step closer to her, lowering his voice. "I can't be sure about this, but I really don't think that he actually likes you. I mean, I think it's the chase that he enjoys, the fact that he has to fight for you, you know?"

"That's possible," Mia nodded.

"I just don't want you to get hurt, so I thought I would tell you."

"I appreciate it, Jason," she smiled up at him. "But there's no need to worry, I'm really not into him."

"Okay, great."

"Anything else?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "We should hang out sometime, I miss my girls," he pouted, making her chuckle.

"Tired of your fellow Gryffindors, are you?"

"I am," he grinned. "They're not bad, but I miss spending time with you and Daisy."

"I'm sure we can arrange something."

"Excellent, I'll be waiting for the details, then."

"Fine, I'll talk to Daisy as soon as I can. Now excuse me, but I better get to class."

"Alright," he sighed. "Have a good one!" Jason waved at her, then he went back inside the Great Hall to re-join his housemates.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 318 47
Last in the series of A Father Thank you for reading all 4 books so far and I hope you enjoy this last book as well
432 0 16
~•~ "You're staring" "I can't help it, you're so pretty" "It's creepy" "It's romantic" ~•~ After the war all students who were in their last year wer...
5.8M 170K 45
Now that the war is over, Katherine Bright goes back to Hogwarts to finish her studies, but she's not the only one returning. She was hoping for a p...
162K 4.6K 18
SEQUEL to HOT FOR TEACHER! Draco and Hermione are about to embark on the next adventure of their lives together. They find that falling in love is ea...