Juvia Lockser - The girl who...

By JadeLm6

Juvia Lockser was destined to die at the age of 20, the prophecy has claimed that "She will die to protect th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 8

76 2 0
By JadeLm6

Juvia smiles as she approaches the familiar figure in front of her, thinking about how she can spend the rest of the night with him. With the preparation for the war, Juvia finds herself in the situation where she's so close to her darling yet so far away. Even though they are in the same guild, the bluenette always feels like the time she has with him isn't enough, it's never enough...

Her life is getting shorter as each day past by, she begins to wonder if Gray would return her feelings, the thought of rejection scares her as the water mage notices how close they have been, living together, training together, going on missions together, etc. He has always been there for her ever since the Avatar incident, looking after her, comforting her, giving her soothing kisses and hugs whenever she needs yet she can't bring herself to ask the question. With Gray's unclear response, Juvia's hope of knowing the answer is starting to fade.

"Gray-sama..."

"Juvia?" he smiles and waving the small treat he has in hand "You want some?"

Oh...her darling's half-eaten food...is this what they call indirect kiss? Oh dear...so romantic...

Glancing at her reaction and smiles, guessing what wild imagination she has in her little head this time. With all the time he spent alone while waiting for Juvia, Gray has come to a realization. From the very beginning when he first met Juvia, the ice mage has never once thought that this bluenette will become significant in his life. She has always been there for him, loving him, taking care of him, sharing all the burdens he has on his shoulders, and many more.

Gray has once thought that he may end up with someone who's been in the guild for a long time like Erza or Cana, maybe Lucy because she's also very cute, but never Juvia. The bluenette was too much for him to handle back then yet now, the thought of losing her is unbearable. The ice mage understands her feelings, he doesn't need Erza or Mira or anyone else to drill that information in his head because he knows. From the way she acts to her determination to impress him to how she declares other women, mainly Lucy, as her love rival, he knows it all. Gray thought it was just a small little crush that she had but eventually realize her feelings are so much more than that.

She loves him with all her heart and soul. Protecting him from danger, defending him when all the guild turns against him, comforting him after those haunted nightmares. Juvia has always been by his side ever since she joined Fairy tail. Gray knows that he's being unfair, giving the bluenette false hope yet still unable to let her go. He knows that she's been patiently waiting, despite her love declarations and unusual gifts, she is a unique girl after all. To this day, he still doesn't understand why she loves him so dearly like that. He has nothing to offer her but a dark past and a broken soul yet she accepts everything, smiling lovingly at such small things he gives her.

Gray smiles, a genuine smile. He needs her to do something for him...

"I appreciate you, Juvia."

The bluenette is in pure shock, looking at him with widened eyes.

"You'll always be by my side, right?"

"Ah...J-Juvia...she...uhm...she..." Juvia is so cute when she got all flustered.

"After this war is over, I'll give you my answer." he smiles "If you want to know it, keep yourself safe and stay alive..."

The bluenette looks at him, a small blush form on her face as she nods slowly. Her darling is giving her hope? He knows the prophecy yet he still wants her to change it? The answer is her reward, he uses it to make sure she's going to stay alive through this war. Gray-sama, asking Juvia to do such an impossible thing, just how cruel can he be?

She notices her hand has somehow intertwined with his as Gray holds it tightly, a promise after this war is over. An answer, the one that she has been longing forever, an answer to her love. Her blue orbs are on the brink of tears as he kisses her knuckles and smiles against it.

"You and I will survive and will always by each other's side, right Juvia? Will you promise to survive?"

"Juvia...Juvia promises..."

A promise that she can not keep yet she agrees anyway...

They stay there, enjoying the beautiful view of Magnolia at night. The night is still young and they both have so many things that they haven't talk about, so many things to share. Master Mavis is flying above them, smiling at the young couple strolling down the street hand in hand. To love and to be loved is a wonderful thing, although her love story is a tragic one, the blonde woman silently prays for their love story to have a happy ending.

How Gray and Juvia wish to enjoy this peaceful moment a little bit longer but the weird and sinister aura surrounds them, alerting the danger that appears ahead. They heard the bell ringing, informing that the enemy has started the invasion and the thought of it made both mages shudder. They are not ready, but they have to fight. A surprise attack may sound scary but as Fairy Tail mages, it's their duty to protect the town and the heart of the guild.

The first battle was brutal as the enemy sent 50 ships to attack the guild from the air, even Warren had a hard time detecting the number of ships as they only appeared when reaching to a proximate position. Gray and Juvia were outnumbered by the enemy, even with the aid of the Strauss sister as Mirajane had to use one of her newest Satan Soul forms to knock down the enemy with Seilah's macro.

Even with the soldiers had been put to sleep, the battle was far from over. Seilah's macro didn't work on Wall Eehto, a member of the Spriggan 12 as he was a Machias. While fighting, Gray saw his first fear, Juvia got injured by the steam emitted from the enemy.

Wall was able to detect their weakness and used it against them...

But that didn't stop them from doing their job as they began to change strategies, facing the different opponents that they had the advantage over. For Juvia, it was the fire guy. With her water magic, she defeated him easily and so as the others. Once again Gray realized, even if it's in the middle of a battle, how compatible they are to each other. Ice and Water, their element complement each other so well that wherever they go, as long as they're together, they're invincible.

They won the first battle against the Alvarez Empire and now, with the aid of the allies, Fairy Tail begins their counter-attack to get back Bosco and Hargeon's Port. Gray and Juvia are assigned with other members of the guild to help Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heels to take back the Port from the enemy.

"Ah...it's been a while since I have last seen Lyon..."

"Juvia doesn't want to see him, though..."

They come to port, just in time to face a massive number of enemies advancing. Lyon and his team are having a hard time as they are outnumbered and their magic is lessened as time goes on.

"This is unbelievable..." Lamia Scale's ice mage pants "If this keeps on going..."

"LYON!"

Two figures dashing through him as Lyon blinks, surprised to see his friend and crush moving toward and fight the enemy.

"Gray! Juvia! What are you guys doing here?"

Another wave of attack from Erza, who is still injured, sending the soldiers away. The red-haired woman smile at Kagura and asks the swordswoman to follow her to the port. Simon's sister is thrilled with excitement at the thought of fighting side by side with her senior.

Gray and Juvia and other mages try their best to slow down the invasion, the mass amount of soldiers that keep on approaching doesn't help the situation at all, not to mention Wendy and Charla are having their own battle against a Take over mage who possessed God soul and time magic.

"Damn it, this is harder than I thought..." Gray curses under his breath as he freezes another wave of enemies "Where is Juvia?"

The bluenette is also busied with the soldiers, casting waves of water blade to them without even look around to see if she's going to have a surprise attack or not. Gray, of course, sees it coming as he shouts out the water mage's name when two soldiers jump above her.

Shit...he can't make it...they're going to hurt her...

A flash of pink hue appears in front of her eyes as Juvia is shocked to see her rescuer. Pink fluffy hair and a blue cloak, the bluenette smiles at the person standing in front of her.

"Meredy!"

"It's been a while, Juvia."

"You...what are you doing here?" Gray stares at her. If she's here then Jellal must be here to...

"Crime Sorciere has joined the battle!"

Juvia smiles at the pink-haired woman, it's been a while since she last saw Meredy and she hasn't changed a single bit. Gray sighs in relief, silently appreciate the mage for aiding Juvia in time. He can still feel his heart beating fast, cold sweat falling down his forehead as he remembers how close to death Juvia was. If Meredy wasn't there on time, it'd be a disaster.

"Gray-sama."

Seeing her reassured smile, Gray wants to laugh at himself. The bluenette and her 'Gray-sama sense" have always been able to pick up his distress signal. His laugh, however, subsides when a familiar coolness surrounds him and Lyon as Juvia's happy expression turns pale at what appears in front of her eyes.

"I see that you guys have grown...Gray...Lyon..."

"...Ur..."

Their master, the woman who had taught them the art of Ice magic, Ur.

For Juvia, her greatest foe, the one that she had defeated in order to set Silver Fullbuster free.

"Keyes..."

No, is this a nightmare? How could someone can be so disrespectful to the deaths like this?

"That's not Ur." Gray said as he glares at the woman.

Lyon knows that, he knows that this is the work of their enemies' magic yet he can't bring himself to attack his own master. Ur smirks, it's been quite a while since she last saw her cute pupils and she's disgust by whoever had cast this magic, forcing her to fight Gray and Lyon.

Ur attacks them with her Rosen Krone and it shocks both ice mages, the power that this doppelganger is as strong as Ur's magic yet Gray reassured his friend that 'they' are no longer the little kids that followed their teacher. They are both adults with responsibilities weight on their shoulder, they can't let this doppelganger defiles their master like this.

"Ice Volcano!"

"ARGH!!!"

An icy explosive eruption from the ground sends both Gray and Lyon flying. Lyon is panting heavily, he can't do it, he can't fight against his master. The raven grits his teeth, barking out the ugly truth, Ur died because of him. It's a harsh truth but Gray accepts it, the young man believes that by facing the consequences of his action, he will become the better version of himself. Lyon realizes the way his friend/rival has grown in the past few years. As a friend, he is happy that Gray has finally found the strength to get through all of the obstacles in his life but as a rival, Lyon is jealous. Lamia Scale's ice mage is jealous because Gray, through those obstacles, has learned to move on and help him get over Ur.

Lyon, to this point, has not made any progress. He's still in the state of grieving, mourning the death of his master. While Gray has many paths to choose, he has his friends by his side and chooses to keep moving forward, Lyon never has those path to follow. If Ur still here then maybe...maybe...

"Then considered this your first step." grabbing Lyon's by the collar as he pulls his friend up "Take your first step, Lyon!"

Ur smirks, even with that determination, Gray and Lyon's magic level is nothing compared to her.

"We'll see about that..." said both of her students as they strip off their shirt "This single step will lead to the future!"

"Ice Devil: Zero Long Sword!"

"Ice Blade: Swan Wings!"

Their master's smirk turns into a warm smile as the attack hits her, finally, they've grown up way better than she had thought. Her students, her precious pupils are no longer little boys, they have become a man...Now she can finally rest in peace...

Looking to her side, Juvia smiles as she has witnessed the victory of her beloved and his best friend, she too will win this fight. Something warm press against her back, it's Meredy. The pink-haired mage holds out her arms, a pink mark appears on her wrist as she asks Juvia to link with her.

"Come now Juvia." she looks at the bluenette "When two people have mutual trust share their senses, the power multiplies, too!"

"You have turned it into a nice spell." said Juvia as she proudly presents her wrist.

"This is actually how it's supposed to be used." she smirks "You ready, Juvia?"

A nod in return is all they need. Ignoring the threatens they receive from their foe as they both chant the spell together, feeling their power combining into one as well as the trust they have for each other.

"Maguilty Water!"

The array of materialized sensory blades and swirling waves of water sent both Keyes and Zancrow flying, unable to process what just happened to them. Meredy jumps onto Juvia, pulling the bluenette in a tight hug as they celebrating their victory.

Finally, they have successfully secured the Hargeon Port, but the war is far from over...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.2K 62
Juvia has been wandering around for five years without a home. When the police catch her, they force her to move in with her mother, since her father...
19.4K 795 41
The seven-year gap changed everything. Fairy Tail is mocked by the townspeople, Guilds now fight for power titles, And an innocent little fairy that...
126K 4.8K 24
Lucy Heartfilla and Juvia Lockser were best friends since childhood as they both grew up in Phantom Orphanage and were picked on by the other childre...
26.4K 743 13
Gray Fullbuster. Just the mention of that name makes Juvia want to weep. She was always so kind to him, and he was always so cold to her. Eventually...