When You and I Collide

By Mrs_Strife

FF7&FF13 CROSSOVER LIGHTNINGxCLOUD FANGxVINCENT SNOWxTIFA It all started when Serah was killed in a car accid... More

1) The Loss
2) The New People
3) The Friends
4) The Hurt
5) The Demons
6) The Deadly Savior
7) The Struggle
8) The Warriors
9) The Prankster
10) The Broken
11) The Meltdown
12) The Worrier
13) The Truth
14) The Darkness
15) The Fighters
16) The Secrets Kept
17) The Honesty of a Man
18) The Truth Revealed
19) The Sunshine
20) The Decision
21) The Torture
22) The Boredom
23) The Cold
24) The Man in Heels
25) The Date
26) The Needle
28) The Search
29) The Rescue
30) The Broken Hearted
31) The End (SEQUEL!)

27) The Kidnapped

207 5 1
By Mrs_Strife

~Fang's POV~

I wake up with a start as I feel metal on my bare shoulder. When I see that I'm looking into weary, kind crimson eyes, I relax. Does he even know how beautiful he is? Fang, chillax. You're a strange person in the morning. Yup.

"What time is it?" I yawn, rubbing my eye.

"Nearly eight. Sazh and Vanille have just returned from the night watch."

"Hmm," I hum. Too tired. Too lazy. Too Fang. I reach up and grab his unarmored hand, pulling him gently toward me. "I'm cold."

"You will be even colder if I have to drop you in the tub again."

"Please?" I pout.

"Please what?" He frowns.

"Snuggle me!" I whine loudly. He casts a concerned gaze toward the wall that divides our room from Sazh and Vanille's. Who would've thought she would be best friends with someone who tried to kill her? Then again, I was willing to as well. "Oh quit worrying! Besides, I'm sleepy."

"Then sleep?" He makes a very weak attempt to reluctantly pull his thin arm away, which fails as I give him a stern look. With a sigh, he gives in. "Fine. But I am not staying past eight thirty."

"Aw! Thanks Vinnie!"

"Do not make me change my mind," he narrows his crimson eyes at me as he sits beside me slowly.

"You are so shy," I roll my eyes, pulling him down to lay beside me. I cuddle up against his warm side. He hesitantly shifts so that he's laying on his side and I roll my eyes, hugging him to me tightly around his thin waist (isn't everything about him stick figurish?). "Don't you know how to hold someone, Vampy?"

"Perhaps," I hear his slightly humored reply as his gloved hands lightly slide to the small of my back. Guess he took his gauntlet off.

"That's better," I smile softly to myself and close my eyes, content. For now anyway.

~|~|~|~|~

I wake up again, now untired... Wait, is that even a word? Anyway, I wake up and nearly end up fangirling when I feel Vincent's arms holding me tighter to him than when we fell asleep, our legs tangled and our bodies pretty much crushed together. Hey, it's comfier than it sounds. He looks so peaceful in his sleep, at ease and vulnerable. Knowing him, he probably slid his gun under my pillow before he dozed off. Loaded. With the safety off. Great job Vince. See ya in the afterlife. I don't even know what I'm doing until my lips brush against his sharp jaw, causing his ever observant eyes to flutter open and flicker down to mine.

"Good morning, Sunshine."

"What time is it?" He blinks at me. I lift my head to look over at his wide shoulders at the clock on the wall.

"Exactly eight thirty, why?"

"Good," he nods. "Will you actually get up by yourself now?"

"Maybe." I smirk. "It might take a little convincing."

"Hmm," he hums, bring his face just an inch closer to mine. "How much convincing?"

"I said a little, but you like to go over the top all the time, don't you?" He smirks slightly and pushes his mouth against mine, holding me closer. When he finally breaks away, I stretch my sleep worn limbs tiredly.

"Eight thirty four, Vampy. You're gonna be late for you date with the snow."

"It is your date too," he points out, as willing as I am to let go and get up. Not very.

"Well let's get going then, shall we?"

He nods and stands while I stretch. Waiting patiently for me to grab my weapon, he straightens his cape and opens the door for me. I smile my thanks and hurry out.

"Reeve has his men out in the snow fields and cliff so that you do not need to freeze again."

"So we're stuck in this little village then?" I look around at the children dressed in Snow clothes and shiver. "I've gotta go get a jacket or something."

"That would be wise."

"You're so deadpanned," I roll my eyes before dragging him after me to a clothing store. Ugh, I hate shopping so much. I just grab whatever jacket looks like it'll fit in dark blue and pay for it, shoving it on.

"That was much less of an adventure than it would have been with Yuffie."

"I ain't a very girly person," I shrug. Then I cock my head to the side as I look at him. "Hey, you look well rested for once. No nightmares?"

"... No," he blinks as if he'd not realized it before.

"Good," I break out in a smile. "Now let's go play detective, Sherlock Valentine."

~|~|~|~|~

"I need to pee," I say randomly. We've been swallowed in silence for nearly fifteen minutes. Vincent pretends he didn't hear me, obviously having nothing to say about my strange outburst. I remember when I first tried to get his attention.
"I have a pet dragon. Snow has three eyes. I have a big butt! Wanna see?!"

"Vanille likes squash." What? Why would he care? No response except for a very slight huff. "I see Big Foot." Nope. You know what?! "I'm pregnant." His reaction makes me burst into a laughter that makes me stomach feel like I'm crushing it and my side ache. His crimson eyes widened just the slightest bit as he swiveled his head to stare at me in disbelief. At the realization that I was joking, his face goes flat and unamused, irritated and annoyed. I swipe away the tears from my eyes and purse myips together, fighting a grin.

"You looked utterly shocked."

"As any man would."

"Aw, did I scare you?" I stick my lower lip out.

"Not in the way you might think," he looks out at the snow in the distance. "I thought perhaps you had a lover on Gran Pulse."

"Nah," I wave him off, laying my head on his shoulder. He tenses, as always, before relaxing under my touch. I wonder if that's something he does as an instinct because of Hojo. How long did that psycho mess with him? How much on the inside was destroyed? And honestly, what kind of person does what he did to Vincent? An insane, obviously. And from what I've heard, Shinra still kept him, willing to do so even when his creation, Sephiroth, was out to get them. All worlds must be cruel places, then. "Why would you think that?"

"Why not? You're beautiful." My heart skips a beat as I look up at him with a small smile.

"Does that means you've got a secret girlfriend locked away in your closet?" He chuckles and shakes his head. After a few minutes, he speaks again.

"I think... I'm going to take a walk," he says slowly, waiting for me to move my head before standing.

"What's up?" I cock my head to the side.

"I just have to think about something. A strange dream is all."

"All right," I shrug. "I think I'm gonna go explore the town." He looks back at me and opens his mouth slightly. Rolling my eyes, I cut him off. "No, I won't get lost. Yes, I'll stay warm. Happy?" The corner of his lips tugs up slightly and he gives a single nod before walking away, cape fluttering out behind him.

"Alright Fang. Let's play Dora the Explorer," I mutter to myself. I could almost see Vincent giving me an utterly confused face, if he was by me.

Shaking my head, I walk around the small, cold village. A few weapons shops catch my eye, but they don't sell as many upgrading parts as I would like them to. Only one thing to do. Pulling my lance off my back, I head toward snowboarding hill. But before I can slip down the snow drifts, I make a right into the dense, dead, and cold woods. I can hear a few wolves howling off in the distance, my eyes and ears alert as they always are when I'm on the hunt. Out of nowhere they appear, lunging at me. Why wouldn't they? I'm a straggler to them, lone prey. But I didn't earn the title of Gran Pulse's best huntress for nothing.

My movements are sharp and quick, my attacks aimed perfectly. Once I've killed (most likely) around fifty animals wandering the wilds, I head back toward town, feeling refreshed but not yet tired. I'm almost tempted to ask if anyone has a superconductor. But instead I head inside a small cafe to grab a cup of the world's crappiest coffee to warm myself up. Sitting by myself in the shop by the window, I feel like that lone straggler the wolves had mistaken me for. People stare at me like I have a horn and three eyes. One particular man (not that bad looking either, but certainly not Vincent) watches me with his cool gray eyes, his messy messy black hair hanging down to his wide shoulders. He finally stands and heads my way. Crap. I sigh and take a big swallow of the nasty liquid in my cup.

"Excuse me, Miss," he says. That voice... I know this guy. "I really need to talk to you.."

"Who are you?" I narrow my eyes up at him. Those eyes, that face... Why can't I remember?

"Fang," he says softly, his eyes getting a tiny bit bigger as if to send me an unspoken message.

"Cid?" My eyes widen in surprise as I whisper his name.

"Cmon," he nods toward the door. I'm not going anywhere with that traitor... But I force myself to stand stiffly. He leads the way outside, looking strange in a dark blue T-shirt and a pair of jeans. The second we go around the corner of the building, I draw my weapon and hold the point to his throat.

"What the heck are you doing here?"

"I..."

"You're supposed to be dead, Raines."

"I know," he's eyes flicker downward. I thought he had glass eyes..? Wasn't that a courtesy of Barthandelus? "When I had the general shoot me, I ended up here. I don't know what happened, really. And when I saw you... Are you dead too?"

"Yeah right," I roll my eyes. I don't feel dead, but the explosion... "What do you want?"

"Lower your weapon first," he speaks sternly, with authority. I glare at him, but put back in its holder on my back and cross my arms, lifting my chin.

"What do you want?" I repeat irritably.

"I don't really know how to explain this," he sighs, setting his hands on his hips as he always does when he's thinking. "Hang on. There's this building that has a video that might help."

"I'm not going anywhere with you," I snap.

"You don't trust me? Of course you don't," he shakes his head. "Not that I blame you, but it was my focus... And it's not like you didn't try to attack them right afterwards."

"How do you know about.."

"I told you, I'll explain there."

"... You owe me Cid," I growl. Cid nods and turns his back to me, blueish silver eyes glancing at me over his shoulder. Always so observant and knowing when to watch his back. Too bad the good egg went rotten.

He leads me to the very edge of the village where an old building made of metal sits, rusting and it looks like there's a telescope or something on top..? Raines then turns and jumps, ramming his broad shoulder into the rusted door. It creaks open under his strong blow and he steps inside, me following right after. I look around the room wearily, taking note of the dusty desk in the corner and the staircase leading down below the floor we stand on. A smashed thing I assume was a camera at one point hangs in the tops left corner of the top. Finally, an old computer sits against the wall to my right. Raines silently moves around me and pulls the door shut behind me. Hard. I feel my eyes narrow on him as I push his hand of the handle and try to open the door. Trapped.

Stupid stupid stupid! I should've known better. My guard should've been kept higher, I should've been watching my back! Raines doesn't look very menacing, guilt to more like it as he avoids my eyes and looks at the staircase. As if on cue, someone starts walking up the stairs, greasy black hair first, then a hunched back, clasped hands, a white lab coat. Hojo. The scientist peers at me through his round glass, a sneer on his thin lips. My hand reaches behind me to find my lance, readying my weapon. Hojo snickers.

"I wouldn't try that, specimen." At that moment I hear the click of a gun a whirl around to glare at Cid. Still not looking at me. Something's not right. You think? "Now you can come nicely or people get hurt."

"How could you!?" I shriek at Raines. If I wasn't this furious, it would have surprised me that my used-to-be-tough right hand man flinched.

"Oh don't worry about him. As soon as his purpose in through, he will be eliminated. Besides, he's being controlled, to an extent."

"Why do you want me?" I demand, a sinking feeling in my stomach telling me that I already know the answer.

"Why else?" Hojo gives me one of the creepiest, evil smirks I've ever seen. A shudder racks down my spine, but it's not because I'm afraid of him. Ragnarock... My worst nightmare. "You have something I need in order to create the next ultimate weapon. Sephiroth was great, Vincent would've been better if I didn't hate his cursed, ugly guts." My eyes narrow on him by instinct when he insults the man I love, but he doesn't seem to notice. "So of course I'd go for someone in another universe. I won't bore you with the details, but I managed to connect with your planet, and one specific person that happened to be holding half of your little group together."

"Serah," I whisper the name of Snow's ex-fiancé and Lightning's little sister.

"Exactly. Called her number twenty. Her sister was a precaution, number twenty two, and the man if neither women would work, he was twenty three." Nice to know you can count. Hojo cackles and looks at me with a sneer.

"So I'm number twenty four?" I snap, mad at myself for letting me get caught. I should've known better.

"No, you are Project R," he smirks. "For Ragnarock, more destructive than Sephiroth, smarter than the Cetra, and stronger than Chaos. So don't worry, you're boyfriend isn't going to be much help." Then he looks at Cid. "Give me the gun." Raines hesitantly hands it over, gray irises meeting mine for a moment, before flickering away. Guilt, shame, confusion... He's not in control? Hojo sneers to himself and aims it at my past friend, now enemy. "Your job is complete, Raines." He fires the gun, sending the bullet through an unresisting general's abdomen, the six and a half foot tall man hissing in pain as he gives me a pleading look.

"Cid!" I yell, helplessly reaching for him as the second bullet hits his chest.

"Don't... Give in..." He wheezes after he collapses. Then he's gone. I spin the glare at Hojo. He gives me a smug look as the weapon slips into his lab coat pocket.

"Don't forget I could do that to the little girl. Vanille was it? Now let's go."

I bite down on my tongue to refrain from saying anything and watch spitefully as he slips a key into the door. Then he grabs my wrist tightly and pulls me forward. If there wasn't the threat of Vanille, I would probably be fighting him off by now. Nah, forget it. He probably lied. I kick the back of his knee and pry my arm away before elbowing him in the face. Where'd my spear go?!

"Silly specimen," Hojo sneers, wiping the blood away that's dripping off his chin. With that he hits me in the head with the butt of the gun. I struggle to blink away the black spots, swinging at him once more. That's when two gunshots go off and two pains strike through my body. No...

....Vincent....
THIS SUCKED, CUZ I LOVE RAINES :'( BUT HE WAS A PRETTY STINKIN HARD BOSS FOR ME! AND FANG IS IN THE CLUTCHES OF HOJO, HOW EXCITING. I HAVE EVIL PLANS, PEOPLE. VERY EVIL PLANS. ;)

NO, IT'S PROBABLY NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

720K 11.1K 48
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DIE AND REBORN AS A STEPPING STONE OF THE PROTAGONIST AND HOW WILL YOU CHANGE YOUR DESTINY 1st dxd 1 st devil 1 st rias 1 st h...
6.4K 236 39
Vincent Valentine fell in love with Lucrecia Crescent. Violet Crescent fell in love with David Harper. Violet and Lucrecia were sisters. Life seemed...
12.8K 448 65
~COMPLETE WITH SEQUEL~ THESE CHARACTERS BELONG TO THE MAKERS OF FF7. CREDIT TO THEM FOR THE CHARACTERS AND PAST STORY. Cloud Strife is back. He's ret...
11.3K 262 11
Set after the events of advent children, Cloud struggles to become the 'real' family Tifa desperately wants them to become. This story is now complet...