17) The Honesty of a Man

~Fang Again!~

"Lucrecia..?"

I didn't even know I was asleep until Vincent's sleep talking woke me up. Sitting up, I frown at the digital clock beside me. Six thirty. Vincent's usually stoic face is wrinkled in confusion and hurt. I raise an eyebrow and sit up, watching his eyelids flutter randomly and his clawed hand twitch.

"What happened..."

"Poor guy," I mumble to myself, something stirring deep down inside when he begs his past lover not to leave him.

"Fang, please..." I snap my eyes back up to look at him, but he's still asleep. Great, I give him nightmares. "Don't leave..." Aw! He's dreaming about me! I can't help but hide a smile while I dig through the bags Sazh dropped off awhile ago. Courtesy of Reeve. Jeans, some random dark blue T-shirt, and a pair of sneakers I hope will fit my feet. In the front pouch, I find a pair of socks, fake glasses..? And a... A long zip up bag for something. I have no idea.

"Hojo.... Don't touch her..." Should I wake him up?

"Oi! Vincent!" I call. No reply in regards to my attempt at waking him.

"Let go of her!" He yells. "Fang!" Rolling my eyes, I stand and shake his shoulder roughly.

"Vinnie! Wake up already!" His crimson eyes fly open and suddenly I'm looking down the end of three barrels. "Whoa there, buddy! Just me!"

"... Sorry," he blinks, shoving his weapon back under his pillow and throwing the blankets off. I crinkle my nose.

"You smell like sweat." He doesn't respond, just stands and grabs the backpack with his name on it, heading toward the bathroom. Six fourty. I hear the shower turn on and sigh impatiently. He had better not take forever.

When he steps out in a normal clothes, I blink at him with the most astonished look ever. He gives me a skeptical look.

"We must blend in."

"Well yeah, but... You just look really different, that's all."

"Hm."

His hair repeatedly annoys him by falling in his face because he can't wear his headband. I laugh to myself as he irritably tries to tuck it behind his ear, but the soft strands just slip right out. It feels strange to be in pants for once, instead of my 'scarf', as Vincent has taken to calling it. Annoying butthole.

"Here," I finally say, grabbing a hair band from my bag and walking over to where he sits on the edge of the bed. "Turn around." He just blinks at me. Really Vince? Are you mentally retarded? "Relax, I'm not gonna stab you. I'm just tying it back." Nodding, he turns and I end up having to stand to even get all of his hair in my hand. "Geeze Vince! You have more hair than I do!" He chuckles and I manage to get the hairband in without much difficulty. Only his oddly angled bangs that seem to buy out of his head remain hanging in front of his face.

"Hey, what's this?" I hold up the weird bag I found earlier.

"It is a wind instrument case," he shrugs. "You can put your weapon in there if you'd like."

"Well where are you putting yours?" I put my hand on my hip. He smirks.

"I do not believe you can fit your spear in the waist band of your pants."