The Umbrella Academy ~ Number...

By mishamingo27

On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual onl... More

Cast
Prologue
We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals
I Think We're Alone Now
What Happened?
Run Boy Run
New Acquaintances
What About My Consent?
The Missing Link
Hello Delores
Season 3
Old Love and New Confidence
Mamma's Boy
Unexpected Visitors
Twin Telepathy
The Silent Game
A Ghost of a Memory
Helpless
Brother Dearest
Taking it Easy
Family Meeting
Begin Again
I Heard a Rumor
Broken Pieces
Changes
Unexpected Moments
The White Violin
Season 2
Right Back Where We Started
Old Acquaintances
Losing My Mind
Quiet Voices

Little Number Five

3.8K 65 0
By mishamingo27

   "What's the date? The exact date?" Five asked as he went to make a sandwich. 

The rest of the family was watching his every move, still in shock of the boy before them. Allison stood behind a sitting Vanya, while Diego stood behind Luther, with Klaus and Eleanor sitting on the table.

"The 24th." Vanya said.

   "Of what?" Five asked, slightly annoyed.

   "March." Eleanor added and he looked up at her with a smile.

   "Good."

"So are we going to talk about what just happened?" Luther asked, causing Five to look back at his sandwich, ignoring him.

"It's been 17 years!" Luther exclaimed, getting up and Five simply scoffed at him.

   "It's been a lot longer than that." Five said before spatial jumping on a chair to grab something from the shelf.

"I haven't missed that." Luther admitted as he gave an annoyed look.

   "Where'd you go?" Diego asked and Eleanor sat up, eager to know where her brother has been for the past 17 years.

"The future. It's shit by the way." Five said seriously as he teleported back to the table, marshmallows in hand.

"Called it!" Klaus and Eleanor said in unison as they high-fived each other, earning an eye roll from Luther.

"I should have listened to the old man. You know, jumping through space is one thing. Jumping through time is a toss of the dice." Five said before looking up at Klaus. 

"Nice dress." Five said with a soft smile, as Klaus smiled widely while twirling his skirt.

   "Oh well danke!"

"Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya asked, bringing them back on topic.

   "In the end I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Five explained as the siblings all glanced confusingly at each other.

"That makes no sense." Diego admitted.

   "Well it would if you were smarter." Five retorted, causing Diego to get up angrily, as Luther held him back. 

"How long were you there?" Eleanor asked with worry filled eyes, hoping that her brother hadn't been alone for too long.

"Forty-five years, give or take." Five deadpanned and the family's mouthes dropped in shock.

   "Oh Five..." Eleanor began, but Luther quickly cut her off.

"So what are you saying, that you're 58?"

   "No, my consciousness is 58. Apparently my body is now 13 again." Five simply stated as he finished making his sandwich.

"Wait, how does that even work?" Vanya asked, letting her curiosity get the best of her. Five ignored her question, only thinking aloud to himself.

"Delores kept saying the equations were off. Bet she's laughing now." Five said with a cold chuckle as he bit into his favorite sandwich.

"Who's Delores?" Eleanor asked herself as Five picked up the newspaper on the table.

   "Hmmm...Guess I missed the funeral."

"How'd you know about that?" Luther asked and Eleanor eye rolled before answering for Five.

   "What part of the future do you not understand?" She asked as Five gave her another smile.

"Heart failure huh?" Five asked.

   "Yeah." Diego said.

   "No." Luther instantly added as Eleanor sighed to herself.

"Nice to see nothing's changed." Five announced as he left the kitchen, sandwich in hand.

   "Uh, that's it? That's all you have to say?" Allison asked in disbelief.

"What else is there to say? The circle of life." Five said with a shrug as he left the family alone.

   "Well...that was interesting." Luther said as Eleanor quickly got up and followed Five.

"Five!" She called out and he stopped and turned towards her with a sad smile.

   "I've missed you Ellie." He said as a tear slowly came to his eye, but he blinked it away before the girl could see.

Eleanor instantly wrapped the smaller boy in a hug as she rested her head on top of his. "I've missed you too." She said as she let a few tears fall.

After a moment of comforting silence, the two finally pulled away from each other to get a better look at one another.

"How'd you get that?" Five asked, referencing the cut on her head.

   "Oh, I fell when you came through whatever that was." Eleanor said as she gingerly touched the cut, wincing in the process.

"No, I mean the scar. Near your eye." Five clarified and the girl looked away, trying to decide how much to tell him.

"Ellie?" Five asked worriedly and she looked at him with tear filled eyes.

   "There was an accident and I..." Eleanor began, but was interrupted by Vanya entering the living room.

Five quickly turned to see the timid girl before looking back to Eleanor, who was already wiping her tears away.

"I'll let you two catch up." Eleanor said before smiling at Vanya and leaving the room.

   "Hey, you okay?" A voice asked and Eleanor turned to find Diego with a concerned expression.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just tired." Eleanor admitted, suddenly feeling an overwhelming need to sleep.

   "Let's get you checked out by Mom." Diego said as he brought her to where Mom was currently recharging.

"Hey Mom," Diego began and the woman turned to him with her usual smile.

   "Hi Diego! Is something wrong?" She asked as a look of concern crossed her features.

"Yeah, It's Eleanor. She fell outside and cut her head." He said softly and Grace quickly got up and moved to sit near Eleanor.

"Oh you two, still up to your same antics! I don't remember how many times you would fall down after playing with Diego, Eleanor." Grace said with a smile of remembrance on her face.

Grace quickly got to work and applied alcohol to Eleanor's wound to clean it. Eleanor winced in pain, causing Diego to grab her hand to comfort her. Eleanor squeezed his hand tight as Mom finished cleaning the wound and put a bandaid over it.

"There we go. All better." Mom said before kissing her forehead.

   "Thanks Mom." Eleanor said quietly as she leaned into her touch.

   "My pleasure dear. Now I think we better head outside. Luther is waiting for us." Mom reminded them and they all headed towards the courtyard.

"Oh great, it's raining." Eleanor said as she stepped outside with Diego and Mom.

   "Here El, you can come under my umbrella." Klaus offered and Eleanor smiled as she hugged onto her brother's arm.

"Did something happen?" Grace asked and the siblings all turned to her confused, before Allison spoke up.

   "Dad died, remember?"

"Oh yes, of course." Grace said as her smile quickly faded to that of a frown.

   "Is Mom okay?" Allison asked worriedly.

   "Yeah, yeah she's fine. She just needs to rest. You know, recharge." Diego explained, trying to convince himself more than the others.

"Whenever you're ready dear boy." Pogo announced and Luther opened Dad's urn before pouring out the remains.

Eleanor and Klaus cringed to themselves as the ashes fell to the ground in one giant clump.

   "Probably would have been better with some wind." Luther said as an awkward silence filled the air.

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo asked as all of the siblings looked away silently.

   "Very well." Pogo began.

"In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall be forever in his debt. He was my master and my friend, and I shall miss him very much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy..."

"He was a monster." Diego blurted out, causing everyone to look at him. Klaus let out a laugh and Eleanor punched him, in an effort to silence him.

"He was a bad person and a worse father and the world's better off without him." Diego continued, but Eleanor quickly spoke up.

   "Diego..." She began, but he angrily cut her off.

"My name is Number Two. You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had Mom do it."

"Would anyone like something to eat?" Mom asked at the mention of her name.

   "No, it's okay Mom." Vanya reassured her and Grace looked down sadly. "Oh, okay."

Diego soon continued, taking a step closer to Reginald's ashes. "Look, you wanna pay your respects? Go ahead. But at least be honest about the kind of man he was."

"You should stop talking now." Luther warned.

   "You know, you of all people should be on my side here Number One." Diego said with a sneer.

"I am warning you." Luther told him as he clenched his hands into tight fists. Diego ignored him, taking another step closer, taunting the man.

   "After everything he did to you? He had to ship you a million miles away."

"Diego, stop talking." Luther warned again, but Diego only continued.

   'Thats how much he couldn't stand the sight of you!" Diego finished, pointing at Luther, causing the taller man to throw the first punch.

"Boys, stop this at once!" Pogo yelled, but to deaf ears. Allison moved back with an unamused look, as Vanya brought Mom back a few steps. Klaus put a protective hand in front of Five and Eleanor, but Five merely pushed his hand away, while Eleanor grabbed onto it.

   "Come on big boy!" Diego screamed as he dodged Luther's punches and threw some of his own.

   "Stop it!" Vanya yelled as the rain continued to pour down on them.

   "Hit him! Hit him!" Klaus encouraged, only to earn a glare from Eleanor as she tired to rub her ever growing headache away.

   Having seen enough, Pogo sighed before heading back inside with Grace, leaving the children alone outside.

   "Get off of me!" Diego yelled as Luther held him at an arms length away, before he finally got out of his grasp and continued fighting.

   Eleanor suddenly tightened her grip on Klaus' hand and he looked down to find her eyes squeezed shut in pain.

   "El are you okay?" He asked fearfully as her free hand went to grab the side of her head.

   "We don't have time for this." Five said seriously as he moved to walk back inside, but stopped when Eleanor spoke up.

   "Stop! Please!" She begged as a tear slipped out of her eyes. Five walked closer to her with a look of concern, as Vanya and Allison took notice, as well.

   The family's thoughts started to overwhelm Eleanor and she couldn't keep them at bay anymore, as they all come flooding in at once.

   "Is Eleanor okay?"

   "Does this have to do with that scar we saw on the side of her face earlier?"

   "Come and get me Luther!"

   "You're dead Diego."

   "Oh god Klaus, what's wrong with Ellie?"

   "I don't know what to do. Should I get Pogo?"

   "Come on El, how do I help you?"

   "Make it stop!" Eleanor cried out desperately, finally causing Diego and Luther to stop fighting.

   "Ellie?" Diego asked worriedly as he hurried to her side.

   "Make what stop?" Five asked confused before Eleanor let out a shaky breath and continued.

   "...the voices." She muttered softly and Klaus looked down at her sadly, knowing how much he struggled with hearing uncontrollable voices as well. The only difference was, he used drugs to silence them. Eleanor didn't.

   "Hey what's going on?" Diego asked worriedly as he put a gentle hand on Eleanor's arm.

   "I don't know! She was fine one minute and then the next she's crying in pain." Allison exclaimed, unsure of what to do.

   "Please just make it stop! I can't...I can't take it anymore!" Eleanor sobbed again as her legs gave out, causing her to fall to her knees.

   Klaus, Five, and Diego quickly got down with her, desperate to find a way to help her.

   Suddenly, the vases outside began to rumble, along with Ben's statue, similarly to when the family first discovered Eleanor's powers all those years ago.

"Oh no...Ben." Klaus said softly as he saw his late brother's statue levitating in the air. The siblings all looked around at the now levitating objects and statue and then back at Eleanor, unsure of what to do.

"Is she having an asthma attack or something?" Vanya asked but Five shook his head.

   "She was fine until you two idiots started fighting." He said, while looking at Luther and Diego, causing them to feel an overwhelming sense of guilt.

   "What do you want me to do?" Klaus thought to himself, desperate to help his sister.

   "I don't know Klaus...just be quiet!" Eleanor blurted out while gripping onto her head tighter.

   "How the hell? Did she just read my mind..." Klaus began with wide eyes as the rest of the siblings stared at him in shock, except for a worried Diego who kept his focus of Eleanor.

"Ellie..." Diego began, but before he could finish, Eleanor let out another scream, sending all of the siblings flying back and slamming the levitating objects back on the ground, breaking Ben's statue in the process.

"What the hell was that?" Allison asked as she slowly got up from the ground.

   "Well it appears our dear sister has a new power?" Klaus answered as more of a question as he and the others eventually got to their feet.

"Eleanor!" Diego yelled as he rushed to the unconscious girl's side, but stopped once he saw her.

   "What is it?" Five asked, letting his concern for his sister show, as the rest of the siblings gathered around the girl, now holding the same shocked expression as Diego.

"Well that's new." Luther said as he stared at a levitating Eleanor above the cold, wet ground.

   "Make that two new powers." Five added as he scanned Ellie's face for any new injuries.

"I don't know whether to be worried or impressed." Klaus admitted, earning an eye roll from Luther.

   "I think we should get her inside guys." Allison said, refocusing the group and they all nodded in agreement as Luther went to pick up the girl.

"Hey, I got it." Diego said with a scowl, but Vanya stopped him.

   "Can you put your ego aside for one minute?" She asked annoyed and to their surprise, Diego backed up, allowing Luther to pick up Eleanor. 

He gingerly lifted her as the family followed him inside, before he placed her gently on her bed. "She just needs some rest." Diego said worriedly, knowing the effects that her powers had on her when she first discovered them, but never remembering it being this severe.

   With that, the family quietly left the room, having had a first glimpse at how much Eleanor's time away from the academy had truly changed her.

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! The family finally found out about Eleanor's powers along with a new one! Their will be a little shocking twist in the next chapter, so stay tuned! Don't forget to comment and vote. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

649K 16.2K 38
「𝗡𝗢 𝗡𝗨𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥」❝ To the Umbrella Academy ❞ (season 1- AU +epilogue) ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 24 women ar...
47.9K 1K 30
"What the hell happend? How did I got here?" "It is okay number eight, you're save here." Fem!reader On October the first 1989,the 12th hour of the d...
2.2K 88 11
Delilah Miller was supposed to be normal. She wasn't one of the 43 born in October, she was supposed to grow up in her small English town and become...
134K 4.6K 25
❝Hᴇʏ, ɪᴛ's ᴛʜᴇ 60's, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘᴏssɪʙʟʏ ɢᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ?❞ ❝Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, Iᴠʏ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ. Tʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴡᴀs ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ.❞ ❝Lᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ, Fɪᴠᴇ. ᴀ...