pen pal | yeonbin

By simjsum

soobins school holds a pen pal exchange but he gets a troublemaker from america who doesn't speak any korean... More

characters
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four

nineteen

3.9K 244 171
By simjsum

it came to dinner and he sat at the dinning table, sitting right across from his chemistry teacher. he felt uncomfortable as he ate his food, listening to his mother and mr choi converse.

"soobinnie. now that you've calmed down, do you wanna explain the screaming?" his mother questioned him. suddenly he remembered the text messages he and daniel sent, a smile and blush forming on his face.

"i was talking to daniel and he's coming to korea earlier than he said! he's coming next week!" he exclaimed, his uncomfortable and pissed façade nowhere to be seen anymore. "that's wonderful hon! oh daniel is soobins penpal from america! daniel's coming here to study korean right?" she spoke to me choi, earning a nod from her son at her question.

"daniel?" mr choi inquired. soobin nodded again. "daniel choi! apparently he's also korean but knows no korean. his korean name is yeonjun." he explained.

mr choi looked confused at that, asking; "could i see a photo of him?"

now soobin was the one confused at his question but nonetheless took out his phone and opened his camera roll where he had saved every photo of the male.

sounds creepy but he's whipped for daniel.

he turned his phone around, pointing it in the direction of his teacher to show the elder man what his friend looked like.

the expression mr choi expressed was not one soobin nor his mother had expected. mr choi was shocked. it was as if he knew daniel.

"mr choi?" soobin asked the man, pulling his phone back and locking it. his teacher whispered something to his mother, who then became shocked.

"soobin why don't you go do your homework. i need a word with hyeongjun." she spoke, shooing him away with her hand.

still confused, soobin obliged and stood up from the table, taking his unfinished food upstairs with him. he placed the plate on his desk, sitting down in his seat to open up his textbooks to start his homework.

he plugged in his earphones and hummed along to his favourite songs, tapping his foot as he wrote down his answers in his school notebook.

his phone buzzed, taking his attention away from his homework.

it was a message from kai.

hyuka🐧

hyuka🐧
you're def gonna audition tomorrow right?

soobin
idk if i should
i'm not that good

hyuka🐧
soob please🥺
beom and i are counting on you

soobin
even if i do audition
what would i sing?
i don't have anything prepared and i can't dance

hyuka🐧
just sing your favourite song
and dw about the dancing
you prolly won't need it

soobin
fine but i'm not promising that i'll do it

hyuka🐧
yay!!
thank you!!!

soobin let out a sigh, staring blankly at his phone. should he do it? what about his studies and work? would auditioning affect them? it wasn't a real audition but what if he passed and got accepted by a company? he has no plans on becoming an idol but it's still such a lot of pressure on him.

he scrolled through his music, trying to find a song that he could possibly use to for the audition. he could pick a korean song, maybe a bts one? he tapped on his english song playlist, trying to see if using a english one would be better with his slight skills in the language.

he came across a song that he forgot he even had. high by 5 seconds of summer. it was a song that he had loved and listened to on repeat when it was released.

he tapped on it, the music filling his ears as the song started. goosebumps started to form on his arms once luke had started singing.

he softly sang along, fixing his pronunciation with each listen, forgetting all about his homework and his now cold food.

it was now the next morning. soobin had barely slept last night, too focused on perfecting his english and did a bit of learning. his whole body felt weak and tired but he wanted to push through today. he decided listen to his friends and audition today with the song he spent hours trying to perfect.

he slowly buttoned up his shirt, eyes threatening to close. his mother had suggested that he should stay home but he declined the offer, saying he needs to go today.

he continued to get dressed, still humming the song that he's sure would be stuck in his brain for a few days. he looked at himself in the mirror, noticing the slight darkness under his eyes. he frowned. 'maybe some of moms concealer would help.' he thought, heading into her room to look for the makeup.

he checked in her makeup bag that she keeps on her vanity but didn't see it so he went into her ensuite to check. he found it on the side of the sink. he applied it on, feeling content with the coverage, he capped the small bottle and set it back down only for it to tumble and fall off the sink and into the trash bin.

"dammit." he cursed, kneeling down and sticking his hand into the bin to grab it carefully without touching the trash. he grabbed it and went to stand back up if it wasn't for the obvious positive pregnancy test.

'she can't be right? this has to be fake one.. right?' he thought, standing up to dash out of her bedroom. he returned to his, shutting the door. "my mom's pregnant? with mr chois baby? holy shit."

soobin quickly got everything for school, shoving on his shoes and rushed out the house, ignoring his mothers calls for him to eat his breakfast. it was still far too early for school so he ran to beomgyu's house. when he reached the boys house, before he could even catch his breath, beomgyu opened the door. the male was dressed in his tiger face pjs and was holding a bag of trash.

"soobin? what are you doing here? did you run?" beomgyu asked, throwing the bag in the bin before letting his friend into his house. soobin nodded, finally having his breath back, he spoke.

"my moms pregnant with mr chois baby."

beomgyu stared blankly at the taller for a few seconds before realising what the older had said. he gasped, his jaw dropping. "holy shit! this is so exciting? how did you find out?" "because i saw the test dude! and it's not exciting. she took so long to tell me about her relationship and the test was in the trash so she probably doesn't want to tell me about that." soobin spoke sadly, looking down at his hands.

"she probably knew you would freak out like last time but who knows. maybe this time she'll tell you this time a lot sooner. but you need to stop being so mean to mr choi since he's probably gonna become your step dad now." beomgyu remarked, patting soobin on the back.

the elder sighed, nodding. "yeah you're right. just go get ready. i wanna have lunch with kai before school."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.9K 273 20
My wlw thoughts Men dni 🚫 if you don't like these types of books block don't report Pm me girls<3
292K 17.8K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
1.5M 3.6K 14
Kwentong iyong magugustuhan
247K 7.1K 129
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."