The Story of Number Five and...

By NiveaAPacheco

TRAUMATIC ADVENTURE SEEKS THE BLUE EYED WOMAN The birth name given to her was, Jade. But, she preferred to be... More

the story of number five and number eight
Chapter Two: Traveling To The Future
Chapter Three: An Unexpected New Life
Chapter Four: Working at the Commission
Chapter Five: Back Home
Chapter Six: Istanbul, Not Constantinople
Chapter Seven: The Glass Eye
Chapter Eight: Delores
Chapter Nine: Trying To Save The World
Chapter Ten: Drunk As Skunks
Chapter Eleven: New Plan
Chapter Twelve: The New Job At The Commission
(𝙰/đ™Ŋ) ℕ𝕠 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡đ•Ĩ𝕖đ•Ŗ, 𝕤𝕠đ•Ŗđ•Ŗđ•Ē!
Chapter Thirteen: The Day Comes To Rewind
Chapter Fourteen: The Search For Harold Jenkins
Chapter Fifteen: The Murder Mystery Is Solved
Chapter Sixteen: Vanya - The Not So Ordinary
Chapter Seventeen: Secrets Are Out!
Chapter Eighteen: Is This The End?
Chapter Nineteen: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚅𝚒𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚗
SEQUEL â€ĸ together always â€ĸ

Chapter One: The Two Best Friends

5.3K 86 32
By NiveaAPacheco

Eight's POV: (Seventeen years ago)

As we walked in the Bank, we saw robbers with hostages tied up.

"Okay, here's what's gonna happen. I'll go first and beat up those guys over there and you guys can take care of the rest of them," Luther explained to us.

"Or...." I said.

"Allison could first and tell that robber to take care of that robber," I suggested as I pointed at the robbers.

"You do know I'm number 1, right, Eight?" Luther reminded me.

I rolled my eyes. How can I forget? You remind us everyday.

"Come on Luther, Eight does have a good plan," Five backed me up.

Luther thought about it for a second, "Ugh, fine."

Luther started running outside.

"Well then, Allison you're up," I said to her. She smiled and started walking the the robber.

Allison went up to the robber and whispered in his ear. Suddenly, he shot the other robber's foot.

As Five, Ben, Diego, and Klaus spread out. I watched Luther drop down the ceiling window and landed on top on one of the robbers and slammed his on the counter, then threw him to the glass window.

Then, Diego came running to the center. "Guns are for sissies, real men throw knifes," Diego said as he threw his knifes at a robber stabbing him.

One of the robbers were on the counter with a gun in his hand aiming at the others. I took this as a chance to turn invisible.

"Get back you freaks!" The man yelled at them.

"Hey, be careful up there, buddy," Diego smiled.

"Yeah, wouldn't want you to get hurt," Allison said.

"Get back now!" The man warned.

"Or what?" Five said as he appeared next to the man.

When the man turned he started shooting his gun, but Five space jumped before the man could shoot him.

Five appeared behind him while I got on top of the counter.

The man turned his head as saw Five. He tried to shoot him, but instead of a gun being in his hand, it was a stapler.

"That's one badass stapler," Five smiled.

Then, I punched the man in the face, causing him to faint and fall. I turned myself visible again.

"Nice," Five said as me and him high fived.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Do we really have to do this?" Ben asked.

"Come on, Ben. There's more guys in the vault," Luther explained.

I felt bad for Ben, he never liked hurting people.

"I didn't sign up for this," Ben sighed.

He walked in the room. Suddenly a monster shriek came from the room and men were being thrown, blood was all over the windows. I grimace a little as I see all the blood, it was giving me Michael Myers vibes.

After a few seconds, everything went quiet and Ben came out the room, with blood all over him.

"Can we go home now?" He asked with a shaky tone in his voice.

-------------------------------------------------------

"These are young schoolchildren in uniforms with masks on," I heard one of the news reporters say.

As all of us stood outside. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder, I knew who it was.

"We did good today, Eight," Five said to me.

I looked at him, he did the same.

"Yeah, the stapler thing was funny," I complimented.

"Thanks, you punching him was the best part," Five smiled at me. I chuckled.

We stared into each other's eyes, even though we had masks, I could forget those green eyes under that mask.

"Lower your weapon!" A man shouted at Diego, causing me and Five to snap back to reality. Five awkwardly let go of my shoulder.

All the news reporters were asking us questions, we were just waving and smiling. We couldn't talk to them due to our father's orders.

When I looked up, I saw dad and Vanya standing on top of a building.

I felt bad that Vanya couldn't join us, it's not her fault she's ordinary. Doesn't mean she still can't hang out with us. I usually try my best to hang out with her, but always get stopped by dad, which is so annoying.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Our world is changing, has changed. There are some among us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary. I have adopted seven such children. I give you the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy," Dad explained to the news reporters.

"Mr. Hargreeves! Mr. Hargreeves. Channel 9 news. What happened to their parents?" One of the news reporters asked.

"They were suitably compensated," Dad answered.

"Are you concerned about the welfare of the children?" Another news reporter asked.

"Of course," He answered.

What a liar.

"As I am for the fate of the world."

-------------------------------------------------------

Eight's POV: (Seventeen years ago)

I was facing my mirror. Dad told me another thing I can do is make myself or someone else disappear and make them reappear wherever I want.

I've tried multiple times with myself and other objects, but failed.

"Ugh, come on, why won't this work!" I yelled as I looked at my hands

I keep trying and trying, but it still wouldn't work. I was starting to get angry and annoyed.

"Ugh! Work all ready!" I shouted full on angry.

"Hey Eight, wanna to hang out?" Five asked me as he walked in my room.

"Not Now Five!" I yelled at Five as I put my hands out. A gust a wind flew over me.

Suddenly, Five was just gone.

"Five?" I say as I call his name. "Five!" I yell outside my room, but no answer.

Wait... don't tell me I.. made Five... Disappear!

I started freaking out. Where did he go? How did I do that? How am I going to bring him back? 

My mind was full of questions that I didn't have the answer to. The only thing I focused on was bringing five back.

I moved my hands out multiple times, but nothing happened.

"Come on, bring Five back," I whisper to myself.

After a few dozen tries, I was losing patience and anger boiled inside me.

"Come on you stupid powers! Bring my best friend back!" I yelled as I push my hands out to the window. I felt the gust of wind again.

Then, I looked out the window and saw five standing outside, confused. "What the hell?" I hear him say.

The goods news is, I brought Five back. The bad news is, Five was outside where it was raining cats and dogs.

Five looked up and saw me standing their with my hands still out. He knew right that second I was the one who put him there.

His face shown that he was mad.

"Oh shit," I say

Suddenly, Five space jumped in my room.

"Five, I can explain I was ju-" My sentence was cut off when Five touched my arm and suddenly I was outside in the pouring rain.

"Five!" I yell at him as I felt myself get soaked by the pouring rain from above.

"Hey, you started it," Five reminded me as he tried his best not to laugh as I got soaked.

"A 'Thank you' would be nice, for bringing you back," I scolded at him.

"In the rain?" Five smirked.

"Oh you little-" I was cut off when suddenly a splash was water poured on Five.

I let out a snort and I covered my mouth to hide my laughter, but failed. Five had a annoyed look on his face. We both turned our heads to see where the water came from.

And saw Klaus with a empty bucket.

"Are we getting each other wet? He asked, "I got the water from the small lake over there," Klaus pointed more to the backyard.

Then, Five spaced jumped to Klaus, grabbed the bucket and jumped to the lake, got some water, and jumped back to Klaus. And poured the water all over him.

I started laughing again. Klaus just shivered in coldness.

"Next time, don't splash water at me," Five said to Klaus.

"Hey!" We heard someone yell.

We turned our heads to see Luther, Allison, Diego, and Ben.

"Can we join?" Diego asked.

"Come right up!" I said to them.

They smiled and grabbed buckets and started to run to the lake, and fill them with water.

"Here," Five said to me with two buckets in his hand, holding one up for me.

I smiled as grabbed the bucket, the both of us started running to the lake also. After a few minutes, all of us kept pouring each other with water. Suddenly, I saw Vanya walked outside to us, with an umbrella.

"You do know you guys can get sick, right!" Vanya told us.

"Yeah, but we don't care," Ben smiled as he poured water at Diego.

"Come on Vanya, join us!" I say to her.

"Yeah, this is fun!" Allison piped in.

"Well, okay then," Vanya said as she put the umbrella down and grabbed a bucket.

Soon, all of us were pouring water at each other.

I don't even think we had this much fun, together.

-------------------------------------------------------

After an hour, all of us went back inside, soaked.

We had towels around us, thanks for mom giving them to us. We were all lucky that Dad is in a business trip for two weeks.

We sat in the living room, with the fire place on. Diego, Klaus, and Ben were sitting next to the fire place. Vanya was sitting on a chair. Allison and Luther were sitting on two separate couches. Me and Five were sitting on a two seater couch.

Mom came with a tray of mugs.

"Here is some yummy hot chocolate for you, children," Mom smiles as she passed around the hot chocolate.

"Thank you, mom!" We all said in unison.

"You are very welcome," Mom smiled as she walked away.

"This day was fun," Diego said.

"Definitely," Five agreed.

We all started talking about how fun the day was and other things.

"Hey, Guys," Klaus called out. We all turned our heads to look at him with questionable stares.

"Wanna sneak out to that donut shop we saw while driving home from a mission?"

All our eyes lit up, expect for Vanya and Luther who were giving disproving looks.

"Yeah! We totally should," I nod my head with an excited smile.

"I'm in," Diego nods taking another drink of his hot chocolate.

"I don't think it's a good idea, guys," Luther shook his head.

Vanya shook her head agreeing with him, "Yeah, what if we get caught sneaking out the house? We could get in a lot of trouble. We already got lectured by Pogo for playing out in the rain."

"Come on, you two," Allison sighed, "It's donuts."

"Yeah, please?" I take out my bottom lip. Luther shakes his head at me and Vanya gives me a faint smile.

"If you guys don't go, we're not gonna save you any leftovers," Five piped in as he took another drink of his hot chocolate.

Luther sighs as he rubs his forehead, "Alright, I'll go."

"Me too," Vanya nods with a shy smile.

We all silently cheered except for Five and Diego, they couldn't care less if they went or not. They just wanted donuts.

"Okay, let's sneak out from Five's room," Klaus says as we all nod, but Five furrows his eyebrows.

"Why my room?"

"Because you have a ladder outside your window and we can all climb out that way," Klaus explains.

Five rolls his eyes, "Fine." I place a soft hand on his shoulder to motion it's alright, his eyes soften a little.

We quietly made our way to Five's room and then opened the window to reveal a alleyway with the sky painted a yellow and pink. The rain has stopped.

"Let's go," Klaus says as we nod. Klaus turns as looks at me, Allison, and Vanya, "Ladies first."

We smile at him and I turn my head to Vanya, "You want to go first?"

She looks hesitant and looks down at the window, "Uh, Allison can go first if she wants."

Allison nods with a smile as she heads out the window and begins to climb down the ladder. We watched her until she made it to the bottom and gave us a thumbs up.

"You're up next, Vanny," I say, but her face still shows hesitation.

I put a hand in her shoulder, "Hey, it's okay. Just don't look down and go down one step at a time, okay?"

She looks at me for a moment before nodding with a small smile, "Okay."

She went out the window and slowly began to climb down the ladder. Some of us prepare in case she slips and one of us needs to catch her.

Thankfully, she makes it down safely and her and Allison high five. I'm next.

"Wish me luck," I say to the boys even though I don't need it. I've done this before. But no one knows so, no snitching.

I make my way down the ladder and soon made it to the ground. Easy.

We watch the boys begin to climb down and once Ben finally gets down since he was the last, we leave for the donut shop.

Soon, we made it to the donut place called, 'GRIDDY'S DONUTS.' Finally. Donuts.

We made our way to the door and open it to reveal a sweet smell of sugary sweets. We all inhale the smell and let out a sigh of satisfaction.

We saw a blonde woman with a pink uniform cleaning the counter, until she notices us and looks at us with curious eyes.

"Can I help you, kids?" She asks putting away the dirty towel.

We walk towards her with confident smiles, but move Klaus forward so he could do the talking. He silently cursed as us before looking up at the lady with a smile.

"We like 3 dozens of donuts, please..." he squints at her name tag, "Agnes."

We look at him like he's crazy. Three dozen? I don't think either of us brought money. I thought Allison was gonna ask her to give us some for free.

"Three dozen," Agnes nods her head, "Are your parents around?"

"Umm..." Klaus mouths turns to a thin line.

"They were very, very busy," I speak up, "And said we were old enough to buy some food for us."

Klaus nods with me, "Yeah, and I have the money." Klaus then suddenly pulls out a couple dollars from his pocket.

We stare at him wide eyed. Where the hell did he get that?

Agnes looks at him for a moment before slowly taking the money and counting it at the best of her ability since it was all crinkled up.

She hums, "Well, luckily, you got enough for three boxes and I don't need this if you're not buying an extra one." She gives Klaus two dollar bills back. He nods and puts the money in his pocket.

"Any special ones you kids want?" She asked as she was getting three boxes ready and some gloves.

"I want some jelly ones," Klaus speaks up.

"Glazed," Luther and Diego say at the same time, they turn to stare at each other with glares.

"I like some sprinkled please," I say and then I turn my head to face Five, Ben, Allison, and Vanya.

"You guys want anything specific?" I ask.

"Whatever's fine," Allison shrugs. Vanya and Ben nod in agreement.

"I don't care, either," Five says with his arms crossed. I smiled and shake my head a little. He always act so defensive and strong. But, I know he can be a big softy.

Agnes begins to pick out the donuts for us while we watch her do it with curios eyes. So many donuts.

Soon, she gives us the three boxes and we happily take them.

"Thank you, Agnes!" We all say in unison as we sit in a table.

She smiles at us, "You're very welcome, children."

We open the three boxes and begin eating. I get my sprinkles, Klaus his jelly, Diego and Luther their glazed, and Five, Ben, Allison, and Vanya take what they see.

We laugh while eating our sweet treat.

"This is the best thing we have ever did," I say taking another bite of my donut while the others nod in agreement.

"Mmm. Ben, you should really try jelly, it's so good!" Klaus exclaims with his mouth full.

Ben grimaces and shakes his head, "I'm okay with my glazed, Klaus."

I turn my head to Five as I see him eating his sprinkled donut, quietly.

I lean close to his ear, "I didn't think you like sprinkle."

He merely shrugs, "Wanted to give it a try."

I smile at him while slowly leaning in his shoulder, I then feel him leaning a little on me too. I hold in a chuckle.

The best day ever.

————————————————————————

Five's POV:

We soon finish all the three boxes of donuts, well, mostly Klaus, but we did and we through the boxes away and head our way out to go back home.

While on the walk, Klaus began the whine about his stomach hurting.

"Maybe you ate too many, Klaus," I say with my hands in my pockets. But, my eyes were trained on Eight. She was talking to Allison and Vanya. She was smiling and laughing.

So beautiful...

"Guys, I feel like I'm gonna puke," Klaus groans as he puts his hands in his stomach.

Diego turns to him with a glare, "You better
not—"

But, it was too late.

Klaus puked all over a bush where a bird suddenly flew away from the bush.

We all groan in disgust and turn our heads away. Great...

Klaus moans in exhaustion and he leans against a wall, "I'm tired."

"Whose gonna carry him?" I hear Eight ask.

We all turn our heads to Luther. He looks at us before groaning, "Ugh, fine."

We soon made it to the academy and get inside and sneak to our rooms, Luther carries Klaus to his.

I see Eight yawn next to me, "Phew. I'm beat," she whispers.

I nod, "Me too," I pause, "I... I had fun today."

She looks at me with a smile. That beautiful smile. "Me too, Five."

We soon made it to our rooms as I watch her head to hers, but I quickly walk next to her.

"Good night, Eight," I whisper to her before walking away.

"Good night, Five," I heard a her whisper back.

I turned around to see Eight looking at me with a small smile as she walks up to me and kisses me on the cheek. I stood there stunned with my cheeks blushing red. She chuckles and walks to her room and closes the door.

A smile forms on my lips as I make my way to my room.

Yeah, the best day ever.

(Word Count: 3,157)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 5.2K 34
This is book two of The Time Traveler's Wife! This is based on Season two of The Umbrella Academy. Five Hargreeves and Y/n Hargreeves (aka Eight) wer...
133 4 15
If time would heal all wounds, why does it still hurt? If time was infinite, why do things end? If time was so beautiful, why does it always go ugly...
124K 2.7K 24
[𝙲𝙾đ™ŧđ™ŋđ™ģ𝙴𝚃𝙴đ™ŗ 𝚂𝙴𝙰𝚂𝙾đ™Ŋ 𝟷] "Laney!" Five gave a weary shout. "I'm sorry, okay? I didn't think-" "Exactly! You didn't think!" Elaina snapped...
5.2K 98 20
Loranna Hargreeves wasn't your normal average everyday school.. person because She had powers. Telekinetic to be exact. She was born along with 43 ot...