Bubbling over (Editing)

By bangtan_crackhouse

Kim Taehyung is a young man who desperately wants to save his laundromat. Y/N is a lawyer with a dark past... More

Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60 (Finale)
Ending Note

29

59 2 0
By bangtan_crackhouse

I drive up to the Laundromat and Taehyung is outside a bright smile on his face. He walks up to the car and hops in.

"You're looking very bright this morning, what up?" I ask pulling off and heading to our destination.

"Nothing, I just think that investigating with you is going to be very fun." He laughs and claps his hands like a young boy.

"You're such a child." I mutter under my breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing nothing." I turn a corner. "Did you bring the stuff?" He nods and lifts a bag I didn't notice him holding.

"Binoculars, pen, pencil, and a camera. How is this going to help us?" He asks. I turn another corner and speed the car up a little.

"For our investigation, we're doing surveillance of Ryu. Inc.'s building to see if we can find anything relevant to the case." I respond. Taehyung nods in understanding.

"So what do you think we'll find?"

"To be completely honest, nothing." I take a hand off the wheel and scratch my arm. "I think that we just need to be optimistic about this one really." He nods again.

"Optimistic, got it." He whispers. We finally pull up to the building. I park the car and walk to the front of the building. I look up and down the building covering my eyes from the sun reflecting off of it. I see the big Ryu Inc. sign and automatically feel disgusted.

I will beat you.

Taehyung just stands beside me with his hands in his pocket. He looks like he's in deep thought. I didn't feel like asking. I take a deep breath and turn to him.

"Okay, let's go." He nods with a serious straight face and I can't help but laugh a little.

He looks so obvious.

"Mission, commence!" He claps his hands. He reaches in the bag and takes out a pen and paper. "So what's first on the agenda?" He asks. I sit and think. I look towards the door and see a camera.

"First, we go around and see if there are other cameras around the building."

"Why?"

"Ryu inc.'s were shut down remember? This is our last resort." He nods and scribbles on the paper.

"Next, we have to wait for Jin. He's going to tell us about any upcoming shipment for this place."

"Got it. Is that all?"

"For now, yes. Everything depends on Jin now. I start walking to the first edge of the building and motion Taehyung to follow. We start walking to the edge of the busy street, the first edge of the building. I continue to look around. No cameras in front of the buildings near Ryu inc.'s. We continue to walk and inspect the other bordering buildings. Still nothing.

"Dammit!" I stop and think.

The only way I can get some footage is if there's an outside source.

As if summoned by mere thought. My phone rings, it's Jin.

"Hey Jin, got any news for me?"

"Actually Y/N, I found our break in the case." My eyes go wide.

"Jin what do you mean?"

"There's a delivery guy that delivers paper once a week to that building through the back alley, everyday. Most of the time he gets there an hour early and isn't allowed in the alley because of other deliveries, so guess where he waits?"

"In front of the building right outside of the main door." I beam.

"Bingo," Jin says through the phone. I feel joy jump through my body. I throw my open hand in the air and look at the sky.

Yes!

"He has a shipment at eleven thirty am but is usually outside at around 10:00" I nod my head and look at my phone clock.

It's only 9:45 am, we have 15 minutes.

"Okay Jin, thank you for the information." I hang up the phone and put it back in my pocket.

"So," Taehyung starts, "I'm guessing it's good news?" I look up, remembering that he was here the whole time. I feel my body become rigid with embarrassment.

He really just saw me have that unintelligent sounding conversation with Jin. *mental facepalm*

I stand up straighter and fix my clothing.

"We have a break in the case, and he should be here in fifteen minutes," I say triumphantly.

"Great, but can we go wait in the car? My feet hurt." Taehyung complains. I facepalm myself and shake my head.

"Fine." I sigh and walk out of the alley towards the street. We walk all the way back to the car and get in. I turn it on and roll down the windows. There was a light breeze going through the window. I sit back in my chair and close my eyes.

"Y/N," I hear Taehyung turn towards me. "Do you really think this will help?"

"If we get what we need, yes it will." a smile appears on my face.

"Well, I hope you're ready for some blackmail," he says calmly shuffling in his chair. I immediately sit up, eyes flipping open.

"Tae, what do you mean?" I ask nervously.

"He can't just give it to us, he's under a contract. Yes we are using it for a case, but if we tell him that, he'll probably think we're crazy." He suggests. I sit back in my chair and groan, dragging my hands down my face.

I was so close.

"What do you think we should do?" I remove my hands from my face and look over at him.

"Don't worry, just follow my lead." We get out of the car and go stand in front of the building again. I see Taehyung looking for something and then he finally picks up a rock. "Jin said he parks right in front of the door right?" I nod and he smiles back. He holds the rock and smirks at it.

What the hell is he going to do?

A delivery comes pulling up from around the corner. He pulls up to the door. Taehyung crouches down, throws the rock, and then falls to the ground. He closes his eyes and lays there.

Oh, I see.

I scream in horror, trying to seem realistic.

"Oh my god, you hit my friend!" I begin to sob. Wiping fake tears from my eyes. The driver hurriedly gets out in a panic.

"Miss I am so sorry! I didn't mean to do that."

"I'm going to sue you for murder," I cry running over to Taehyung, falling onto his body.

"Timmy, please wake up."

"Ma'am, I'm sorry. Is there anything that I could do to help?" The man rushes to the other side of Taehyung with a solemn face.

"You can give me the SD box to the dashcam in your car. I have to see how my poor Timmy died." I wail, hiding my face in Taehyung's stomach.

"Mam I don't-"

"Timmy!!" I scream and I hear footsteps slowly walk away from us. I hear a car door slam and the footsteps reproach us.

"Here Miss. Please take it if this helps." His voice was shaking. I reach my hand out to take the SD card.

"One last thing, how far does this SD card recording go back?" I slowly lift my head, he looks oddly confused. He thinks a little.

"About 4 months or so," he confirms. I nod my head and tap Taehyung on the shoulder.

"In ten seconds I want you to get up and run," I whisper as I book it to the car. I yank open the front door and dive into the driver's seat. I start the car and back out of the parking lot across the street. I hurriedly pull up to the delivery truck and violently push the passenger side door open. Taehyung springs up and hops in the car. The delivery man jumps back seeing Taehyung alive and well.

"Tell anyone about this buddy and I will have you fired," I yell out the door before Taehyung closes it. We pull off and stay silent until we get far enough away from the building and the delivery guy. Nearing home, we finally turn into a giggling fit.

"I must say Y/N, that was some fine acting." He says, clutching his stomach.

_______________________

"You live here?? I didn't even know apartments could have gated communities." Taehyung says, staring out the passenger's window in awe at my neighborhood.

"Oh please, I prefer your house more." I say as I make a turn.

"What do you like most about it, the patched up paper sliding doors or the low roof that may give out at any given moment?" He sarcastically questions. I pull into my designated parking spot of my complex's parking space.

"The pictures on the walls, the natural sage smell, and the fact that you were raised there." I answer with a straight face, looking at my apartment building. I feel eyes burning into the right side of my face so I turn to the source. Taehyung looks at me with an emotion I can't identify.

Why is he looking at me like that?

I blink a couple times and remember why I came here in the first place.

"I'll be out in a minute. I'll take you home once I've grabbed the documents." I say and step out. Taehyung steps out of the car and cleans his back on the door.

"I'll wait out here, the breeze feels nice." I nod and head for my apartment. I enter, retrieve the documents off the living room coffee table, and exit my apartment. When I go back to the parking lot I see Taehyung glaring at something. I walk closer and I see that Namjoon is standing on the sidewalk across from Taehyung. Namjoon looks at Taehyung with a hard stare and is holding a bouquet of flowers. Both of them gaze at me when they hear my footsteps nearing. They both automatically smile when my eyes meet theirs.

Weird.

I hand Taehyung the documents and turn to Namjoon.

"Hey, Joonie. What are you doing here?" I ask, curious to why he randomly showed up to my apartment.

"Actually, I came to talk to you for a minute." Namjoon smiles and Taehyung rolls his eyes.

"Maybe next time? I have to take Taehyung back." I reply, feeling a little guilty towards Namjoon.

"No, I can just catch the bus home. You enjoy the rest of your night Y/N." Taehyung speaks up and stops leaning on my car's door. His smile drops and he sighs.

"No, I insist. It'll be rude of me to let you go home by yourself after I had driven you all the way here." I urge shaking my head.

"Y/N, it's fine. I have to meet up with someone." I raise a brow.

He didn't tell me this earlier.

"Are you sure?" I hesitantly ask.

"Yeah, I have a few stops to make after that too. Don't worry about it. I'll see you next time." He smiles and turns around. He starts to walk and waves a hand behind him, finalizing his departure.

"See you," I yell as he walks away. I turn to Namjoon.

"I guess I'm free now." I say and shrug.

"Let's go for a walk." He suggests and I nod, following his lead. Well walk for a while, taking in the slightly chilly November weather. The indiginous trees have beautiful bursts of yellow, red, and orange falling from them, decorating the sidewalk. "How has your day been?" He inquires, looking down at me with his dimpled smile.

"It was unintentionally wild. I was investigating my opponent's company." I say.

"And how was that wild?" Namjoon raises a brow.

"The means through which we were able to retrieve evidence weren't the most peaceful. We will leave it at that for the sake of your ears Mr.Kim." I smile, remembering my day with Taehyung.

"Alright, I won't press further." He lightly chuckles, causing my heart to leap at the heavenly sound. "Why were you with Taehyung?"

"He was helping me investigate, I needed his help." He rubs his chin.

"Oh, that's fine then."

What does he mean by that? It sounds like he was giving me permission....

We eventually stop at a bench and Namjoon gestures to me to sit down. We both sit and Namjoon turns to me. He grabs both of my hands in his and looks back up at me.

What's going on?

I immediately remember the kiss he placed on my forehead after the party. I have been trying to get it out of my head since we are friends and it was probably nothing more than a farewell gesture.

"Are you free this weekend?" He asks me.

"Yes, I am." I respond.

"I would like to take you on a date then, if you allow me." His flashes a smile and his eyes wide in anticipation. My eyes widen in pure astonishment, mouth hanging open like an idiot.

Stop everything. THIS FINE SPECIMEN WHO IS KIND AND PERFECT IS ASKING A NOBODY LIKE ME ON A DATE????? He must be kidding, this can't be happening.

"I-I don't understand."

Shit, I'm stammering. When the fuck did I start doing that?

"What do you mean Y/N?" He furrows a brow and straightens his smile.

"Why me?"

"Why not you? You're beautiful, modest, intelligent, and a wonderful person. It has to be you." He throws me a grin. For a minute I just sit there trying to form words, but nothing comes out.

What is wrong with me??? SPEAK Y/N!!!

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Namjoon worriedly asks.

"Y-yes, I will." I force out with a sheepish smile on my face.

"What was that?"

"I would love to go on a date with you." I say, a little tudor this time. Namjoon lets out a sigh and smiles so wide, it reaches his eyes as well.

"Thank goodness, I thought you were going to reject me there Y/N. I'm the luckiest man alive right now." He says, rubbing the back of my hands with his thumbs.

No, I am the lucky one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268 25 7
An arrogant spoiled brat seventeen-year-old Namjoon, over whom everyone around is exhausted, one day finds his new prey - his new legal guardian. Seo...
121K 4.5K 30
Book 1 of 7 in the Young Forever series Y/n is a college student who gets an intern assignment as a photographer at bighit entertainment. What happen...
20.9K 499 37
Jimin from BTS meets Y/n, a young lady who seems down on her luck. An incident with her boyfriend left her stranded in Korea without any money or pla...
218K 5.7K 61
●COMPLETED● At the age of 12 you fell in love with a girl named y/n that you suddenly bumped into in school and you both got close to each other. Sud...