a plot twist called you | ✓

By greekyoghurtss

[ WATTPAD FEATURED ] There is something about Ian Eastwood that makes Vanessa Davenport a little more alive ... More

preface
cast & aesthetics
cast gifs
playlist
▪︎ chapter one ▪︎
▪︎ chapter two ▪︎
▪︎ chapter three ▪︎
▪︎ chapter four ▪︎
▪ chapter five ▪
▪ chapter six ▪
▪︎ chapter seven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter eight ▪︎
▪︎ chapter nine ▪︎
▪︎ chapter ten ▪︎
▪︎ chapter eleven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twelve ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter fourteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter fifteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter sixteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter seventeen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter eighteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter nineteen ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-one ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-two ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-three ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-four ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-five ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-six ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-eight ▪︎
▪︎ chapter twenty-nine ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-one ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-two ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-three ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-four ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-five ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-six ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-seven ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-eight ▪︎
▪︎ chapter thirty-nine ▪︎
▪︎ chapter forty ▪︎
▪︎ epilogue ▪︎
author's note
SPIN OFF !!

▪︎ chapter twenty-seven ▪︎

374 50 185
By greekyoghurtss

TWENTY-SEVEN

playing with fire

_____✵_____

The heavy metal doors slid open to let me enter into the office for the second time. I couldn't have imagined the sudden change of relations. When I set foot here three and a half months ago --- all I had in my heart was hate.
But now, I was craving to be in his arms and forget everything that was real --- and a catastrophe.

Ian was leaning against the window frame with his back turned towards me. Honestly, he did look like a Boss in his black silken shirt and matching trousers.

I clear my throat, causing him to turn around.

"What took you so long?" he asks, walking over to me.

"Traffic...Ian, what is it? I can't really be in this maze anymore, so just say it!" I breath out, tapping my feet impatiently.

"I happened to come across some CCTV footage while I was in detention." He bites his lips, looking at the computer screen as his hands scrolled the mouse.

"Wait a minute - why were you in detention?!" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows in question.

"Is that more important now, Vanessa?" he glares.

"I mean, you're always on a special leave." I shrug, picking at my fingernails.

Even though my insides were churning in anger mixed with fear and confusion --- I didn't show it. Maybe that's one of the rare traits I happen to inherit from my mother.

"I still am. Yesterday was an exception since I had forged a signature of my dad." he says in a small voice.

"But Mr. Eastwood happens to be in France --- I guess that is a good enough excuse." I argue.

"Say that to my homeroom teacher and they will dig up the dirt. Anyway, we are going off topic." he mutters, twitching his jaw.

"If only you'd be more clear in your statements." I roll my eyes, shifting closer to him to peek into the computer screen displaying a private folder.

"How did you manage to get these?" I ask.

"Copied them into my pen drive while the security was busy snoring." he chuckles.

"And exactly which footage do you want me to see?" I look up at him, his green eyes unblinking.

"The soccer field."

He clicks on the play button -- a hazy record of the lush green fields move before my eyes and eventually focus on a certain corner.

I could see Connor --- his white and blue jersey as he spoke to the Coach. And in the flick of a second, the ball comes flying to strike the back of his head, missing the medulla oblongata by some inches.

My heart thudded against my rib cage, as I saw my little brother collapse to the ground. I hadn't noticed that I was crying but Ian's thumb wiping down my cheeks gently made me aware of it.

"What else?" I say but my voice comes out hoarse.

"The next clip, from a different angle" he whispers.

A grey and black hoodie, with the ball clasped in his arms ---  a very familiar body structure of a guy that I can't recall. Ian plays it in slow motion, the ball intentionally thrown towards Connor's direction.

Just as I had suspected.

"Isn't there more of it?" I ask, breaking out in cold sweat as I frantically try to zoom in and forward the video clip but in vain.

"No, Vanessa! Calm down, it's the least I could gather." Ian states, grabbing my arm.

"I --- I think I know this person, whoever it is. But," I sniffle, "why can't I remember---I have seen this hoodie --- Ian, why?"

And that's when I knew I couldn't suppress my emotions anymore. Warm waters streamed down my cheeks as I struggle to breathe.

"If I tell you to go home right now, are you going to listen?" he sighs, pulling me into his embrace.

"Home? You should call it hell." I laughed but it came out hollow.

"Vanessa, your brother needs you." Ian says, kissing my head softly.

"Fine, I'll go. But what are we gonna do about this? I can't just sit calmly even after knowing this bullshit!!" I cry.

"Even if we take these clips to the authorities, we will land up in trouble. I had literally stolen the footage. And that counts as a crime itself. We need to wait, Vanessa!" Ian states firmly, lifting up my chin with his fingers to meet my gaze.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school." I say, finally --- a sudden coldness seeping through my skin.

"Take care."

I hadn't expected to find my parents at the dinner table when I stride into the dining hall.

Gabriella was mindfully serving rice and tofu when I grabbed a plate, gesturing her to fill it.

"Won't you dine with us?" My father asks in a strained voice.

I wondered if they knew where I was coming from. If they do, I certainly am not going to bed without answering complicated questions.

"No, um -- I have to complete my homework." I mumble, wanting to close myself in my room as soon as possible.

"Since when have you started bothering about homework?" my mother taunts as she toys with her fork.

I knew I'd be ignited if I would stay here another moment. So without snapping back, I just clench my fists, trying to keep my nerves in control.

My eyes travel to meet my mother's, the same pair of ocean blues --- but the tear stains and dark circles that have formed made me flinch.

For a woman who was solely dedicated to her work and beauty, this was definitely something odd.

I felt like I was caught between the devil and the deep blue sea --- my mind clouded with thoughts as I head to my room.

I hadn't quite chewed the second bite of my dinner when a notification pops up in my phone. It was an Instagram text from Audrey.

reygreerx : i was sent this message from an unknown number. same with jae.

The screenshot that followed made my heart skip beats.

The message read : you're playing with fire. back off.

I clenched the phone in my hand as I type a reply on the group chat.

sourvanessaz : Audrey, Jae -- we need to meet, soon.

jaeeekim : WHAT? have you gone nuts? it's past 8:30.

sourvanessaz : sneak out!!! i'll be there with Stefan at McDonald's, in fifteen minutes.

I swallow the food somehow, the only priority right now being finding out the truth.

We had been threatened but what's the point of playing with fire if it doesn't burn a little?

_____✵_____

A/N : Extremely sorry for being so late with updates. College admissions are going on and am in a frenzy.
Anyway, how was the chapter?
Please vote and comment down below if y'all are liking it! <3
[ Chapter dedicated to -sunsett ] ♥

-Mia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 1.5K 59
HARLEY WALKER Maddie had become my addiction over the past few months, I don't know if the feelings extend any farther than that, but I knew that I c...
2.7M 40.6K 50
New Country. New School. New Friends. New Life. New Beginning. Fresh Start. Clean Slate. Start Over. Have you ever wanted to move away and start all...
2.8K 144 12
DISCONTINUED AND MARKED AS COMPLETE. "You just wanted to play with my heart, was that it?" Jasmine asked. Every bit of her emotions leaked through h...