unconventional | Sky Flaherty

By wotisupmydoods

Evangeline Jordan's life is nothing but unconventional. But she doesn't complain. It is what it is. But what... More

P L A Y B I L L
Orlando County High School's Theatre Department
polar pops
chorus class
hey stranger
chorus class (reprise)
hey stranger (reprise)
lunch
chipotle and ferris bueller's day off
friends ¿
back at it again
the set designer and then some
thank you five
hello again
unsteady
talks
can i PLEASE just get a WAFFLE
the tradition
a night out
fun spot
the dance circle
behind the curtian
anything goes
lets go to the beach beach
surf surf crazyyy
your daily florida weather fun
the sponsors
we raise our cups
see you later
the hamiljam
that one english teacher everyone loves
the last day
new things and new experiances
hello again (reprise)
the record
pizza and twitter
someone i have always known
day 2
the suprise
on the way to the 11th floor
act 2
emergency room fun
sooner than later
unstuck
casual conversation
visitors
some unexpected
human again
mobile parasite
the first stop
night at the museum
home
good morning
35mm
the quiet before
the storm
the heart
reality
dreams and journals
jonathan
uno out
the wild

a night out (reprise)

448 17 16
By wotisupmydoods

Author's note:

Hey peoplesss!

So the pace of my updating is starting to now get slower, just a heads up. But I hope you guys like how it's going so far! lmk, cause i love hearing from ya!

Hope your doing well and that you have a good day/night <3

as always,
love u and happy reading :))

———

When Sky and Ellie entered the theatre, she began squeezing his hand as her breath was taken away "oh my lanta"

Her eyes watered as the beautiful lights illuminated the stage "David Korins and Howell Binkley, you sons of bitches got me" she mumbled under her breath.

Sky looked at her face of wonder and smiled "my favorite thing about touring theaters are the beautiful ceilings and walls" he says.

Ellie looks up at the dome and around the beautifully painted sides "wow. its all, breathtaking"

While Ellie's eyes are transfixed on the theatre and stage, Sky finds his to be on her "not as breathtaking as you"

Her eyes break from the details in her surroundings to the details of Sky. The way his gorgeously deep eyes made Ellie weak, the smell of his cologne she loved, freckles that found no boundaries along his face, and the dimples that often made Ellie smile soon after they appear.

"you leave me speechless Sky Flaherty" she told him, as the gloss on her lips tempted him. He bit his lip before the two were approached by an usher.

Tonight is gonna be interesting Ellie thought to herself as both she and Sky weren't taking responsibility in diffusing the tension.

"May I see your tickets?" the man asked. Sky gave them to him, and the gentleman led them to their seats.

"wait, how close are we?" Ellie said under her breath.

Sky smiled as the two were seated in an amazing spot, pretty close to center on the floor level "let's just say I have connections"

Ellie gave him a face of curiosity "I know Thayne Jasperson, the guy that plays Samuel Sebury and ensamble. He and I were in a show before we got the jobs we do now. When me and a few of the guys saw this for the first time, we got to meet the rest of the cast as well because of him" He smiles.

"That's so cool, I would pass out or something, I love this cast so much" she chuckled. Sky just nods at the unsuspecting Ellie, who has no idea the surprise isn't over.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your king, George the III. Welcome to Hamilton"

Ellie's face lit up at the sound of Johnathan Groff's voice over the speakers. She held the playbill close to her in one hand, and repeatedly squeezed Sky's with the other in anticipation.

———

Why do you write like it's going out of style?
Why do you fight like

History has its eyes on you

I am not throwin' away my shot
(Just you wait)

I am not throwin' away my shot
(Just you wait)

I am Alexander Hamilton, Hamilton
Just you wait

I am not throwin' away my shot

As intermission followed the song, Sky looked over to Ellie who seemed to be completely blown away "How are you liking it so far?"

Ellie found herself unwilling to look away from the stage, out of fear that any sudden movement would make the pools in her eyes spill. Despite her protests, a tear managed escape and run down her cheek and she sniffed before wiping it away and looking over to Sky "thank you" she admitted "It's..."

She drifted off as there was no way for her to completely express how much she loved every moment. Ellie shook her head and chuckled "Sorry"

He reached over and comforted her as she drew near to his chest "don't apologize, believe me, your taking it way better than when the guys saw it" he chuckled which made her smile.

"I love it all so much. There's legitimately not one moment that is untouched from genius. oh, and I think I'm going mental"

"why?"

"I could have swore that Anthony and Lin looked at us dead in the fucking eyes and smiled when they were crossing over and saying 'hey, hey, hey' at the beginning of Helpless"

Sky smirked and sighed "Your not mental"

"are you saying that-" she paused and went back to leaning on the back of the seat "that they knew? know? they know we were sitting here? and are aware of my existence?"

"mayyyyybe"

Ellie stares out for a moment before sliding down in her seat "how?" she rested her elbows on the rests and placed the tips of her fingers along her temples.

"I told you that I know them"

"you said you met them, you didn't say your HOMIES with HAMILTON and the REST of them!"

Sky just chuckled and watched Ellie with a smirk she secretly swears is gonna be the end of her. He couldn't explain the happiness she made him feel, but he knew there was no way he was going to let something come between them.

"Yes, I know them, and yes they know your here with me"

She sat back up and shook her head "i'm never gonna be able to recover from this" Ellie looked over to see Sky watching her "what?"

"nothin'" he smirked which made the blush on Ellie's cheeks real. Sky took Ellie's hand before the theatre dimmed again, and Act 2 began.

———

Oh, I can't wait to see you again
It's only a matter of time

Will they tell your story? (Time)

Who lives, who dies, who tells your story? (Time)

Will they tell your story? (Time)

Who lives, who dies who tells your story?

Ellie's breath wasn't caught in her throat as Eliza gasped. She broke during Phillip's death, but quietly enough to not have Sky notice until he looked over and saw her wiping her tears.

Even his eyes were a little glossy at the performance despite seeing it before. As the end appeared, everyone stood and applauded.

"hey, come here" he said softly to Ellie. She hesitated but looked up at him, thankful for waterproof mascara and urban decay setting spray. He wiped her tears "listen, you can cry. i know you think your a bother when you do, but your not. Okay Evangeline?"

She sighed a little as he read her like a book "how do you know me so well?" she chuckles lightly, trying to sound lighthearted.

Sky wipes another one of her tears before she could cover it, in which she lets her her guard down, and put her arms around him. He wrapped her up and Ellie's breathing steadied in the comfort.

She felt safe here, realizing Sky was becoming someone that is home to her. Evangeline knew she's already fallen hard for Sky Flaherty, official or unofficial, date or no date, kiss or not kiss. What they've put in place to try to protect themselves didn't seem to matter.

She took a good breath and began to pull away.

"Are you good?" he asks.

She gives him a little genuine smile "Yea"

When the two to traveled back out to the lobby, Ellie became confused as Sky pulled out his phone and called someone.

He nodded his head and looked around until something caught his eye. He hung up the phone and led her over to a side door.

"Sky? Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise"

She stopped for a moment and he turned when their hands pulled "wait a minute"  He looked back and smirked while the wheels were turning in her head "there's no way what i'm thinking, is what's happening, right?"

"If we stand here, I guess we'll never see" he says. Her eyes get wide and heart pounded as they continue weaving their way through the lobby.

He said something to an usher by the door, who nodded their head and let them into a backstage hallway and began leading.

Ellie remained by Sky's side and didn't have time to process what was happening, as they went through a maze through the back hallways.

While they were turning a corner, the ran into two guys who seemed to be heading their way.

"holy fUCK" Ellie jumped back and had to be caught by Sky who helped her regain balance.

"Woah, you alright there?" Daveed asked as he and Anthony reached out.

"Thanks, we got it from here" Anthony says to the usher who nods and goes back to the lobby.

"I'm so sorry, I, love you guys" Ellie takes a breath "I mean I'm-"

"Evangeline" Anthony says "We've all heard so much about you"

"wait, did- did you just say all?"

Daveed and Anthony both broshaked Sky and smiled "Yep"

Her jaw dropped "Can I hug you guys?"

They laughed "Of course, come here" Daveed said, outstretching his arms. Ellie was still in complete shock and nearly fainted as she hugged them.

———

"So Ellie, what did you think of the show?" Phillipa asked her. Ellie couldn't believe she was out with the a few of the cast of Hamilton "and sorry that Lin couldn't stick around for going out tonight, I believe he had something with his kids"

"It's completely okay. And the show," she sighed and shook her head "Oh my lanta, it was, absolutely astounding" she said as the appetizers came "Every single one of you are brilliant"

"Awe, your so sweet!" Renée smiles "We love that video of you rapping, you're so good!"

"Ellie, these three lost their shit when they saw that video" Leslie motioned to Renée, Phillipa, and Jasmine.

Ellie laughed as she was warmly welcomed by group. They all shared stories through the night, and began playing a little bit of pool as well in the dimly lit tavern.

"Daveed, Anthony, you want another one?" Oak asked as they stood at a high table near the pool table.

They nodded "Leslie, Ellie, Jas, you want something?"

"I'll have what Daveed had" Leslie tells him

"I'm good for tonight" Jas said.

"I'm good, thanks" Ellie nodded. He turned and collected the drinks from the bar.

"Wait, your not old enough to drink yet, are you?" Daveed realized.

"Well, no, but" she scrunched her nose "let's just say I don't anymore"

They nodded their heads "I respect that" Anthony said.

"how old are you?" Jasmine questioned.

"Seventeen"

"Your seventeen?!" the four questioned.

"Yea" she chuckled "I'll be eighteen in a little over a month"

"Your joking" Leslie says and she shakes her head "when's your birthday?"

shit. "late July"

"Hey, me too! What day?" Thayne asked as it wasn't his turn in pool. It was him and Renee versus Phillipa and Sky. Oak returns to the table with the drinks and joins the conversation.

"about that," she chuckled nervously "I actually don't know"

"What?" Thayne and Jasmine questioned, while the others wore confused faces.

"I don't know when my birthday is. I think Matthew- my father- knows, I asked when I was little. But let's just say I didn't get the answer I was looking for" She chuckled at the  explained, but could feel the concern in there eyes looking at her "It's fine though, no biggie"

"Do you not celebrate your birthday?" Anthony questioned.

"Oh, it's not like that, or a religious thing, I do. Usually Abulea Sonia cooks for me one night, and then I go to Universal or Disney another day with my best friend, Marley"

"And your father?"

"He's never been home around that time" they looked confused for a moment. "His job requires heavy amounts of travel, so he's often gone"

They nodded and wanted to ask more, until hearing Phillipa had got the last stripped ball in. Ellie smiles and looks over to the pool table as it was her turn to play.

It was Ellie and Oak versus Thayne and Renee "It's comeback season" Thayne high fives Renne.

Oak scoffs "we got this" he fist bumps Ellie. She smiles and watches as Renee breaks, and the game begins.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 575 52
Sequel to Looking What will happen to the girl who has been through the impossible?
877 5 7
Elisabeth didn't have a good home life. Until she met him. Jeremy. After he adopted her, she got the chance of a lifetime: Starring in a Broadway Nat...
24.6K 545 31
(ben cook x oc) ••• published: sunday, september 6th, 2020 last updated: tuesday, january 12th, 2021 finished: monday, november 23rd, 2020 ••• "you'v...
23.6K 452 33
Indi Logans was fresh out of high school at sixteen, thanks to being homeschooled. After having taken dance and acting classes, luck bestows a chance...