Into the Future

By DatAmourShipper

It's been 5 years since the group has been separated from each other. Serena and Ash never got to confess bef... More

Intro
Im back!
Great to see ya again
Welcome back! (Again)
The Breath of Fate
Starry Skies
Crushing.
The Cold
Lost in Thought
Back to Square One
The Tower
Final Count down
Restarting
The Big City

A Timeskip

11.9K 188 250
By DatAmourShipper

Ash and Pikachu made their way outside of the airplane terminal in Lumiose City. Before they could even cross the road, they already had their breaths taken away with how Kalos looked. 8 years was a huge difference. Lumiose City looked so futuristic. He was trying to guess what had happened while he was gone and how did Lumiose City become so technologically advanced, but then the answer struck him like Pikachu's thunderbolt. It was Clemont! He became a successful inventor and made advancements in his inventions! He even remembered reading about the advancements praising Clemont in a magazine back in Kanto, but completely disregarded that it was the Clemont he was traveling with. Now, Ash was itching to see Clemont! It was only logical that he should probably pay a good old visit to Clemont's gym. If outside of the Lumiose City Gym was looking like this, he couldn't imagine what the inside had looked like.
And just walking to the gym was so astounding. The civilians, people and Pokémon alike, were casually approaching and using Clemont's inventions and technologies. The 'Clemontic Shower' that Ash had seen 8 years ago was upgraded to 'Clemontic Fountains' which radiated electrical energy to all electric type Pokémon within the fountain. Best of all, none of his inventions blew up! Clemont had really outdone himself with these past 8 years.
Ash had finally reached the Lumiose Gym. Surprisingly, it was the only thing in the City that hadn't changed on the outside. When Ash went inside, the interior had taken more of a futuristic look and the battlefield was now glass with electricity flowing beneath it, radiating lightning effects throughout the whole gym.
And no change was bigger than Clemont himself. He looked taller and had a bit more of a build! He was battling a challenger with his Luxray and his voice sounded different as he was yelling out commands to his Luxray! It didn't take long for the battle to conclude and the challenger being defeated. Clemont was praising the challenger on his technique, while also pointing out his flaws and giving him some constructive criticism. The challenger lit up from Clemont's positive feedback, and Clemont offered that he was welcome to come back and challenge the gym again soon. After the challenger had thanked Clemont and was on his way, he saw Ash standing on the sidelines and his face lit up. Although he was still slow, he made an effort to run as fast as he could to Ash and Pikachu.

Clemont: Ash! Pikachu! I can't believe it! It's been so long! How have you guys been?!

Ash: Everything is going well! Me and my buddy decided to take some time off and visit the Kalos region again after so long. We saw all the changes to Lumiose City and knew it was your doing, so we were dying to see you!

Clemont: *scratching the back of his head, eyes closed and blushing* Oh- it's nothing really! I just had a lot of time on my hands these past 8 years...

Ash: Seems to me like you were working really hard on your dream instead of "having a lot of time" on your hands to me! These inventions are amazing! And I saw you on an article on a magazine I was reading. You're practically famous!

Clemont: It's really nothing! *laughing nervously* But thanks!

Although with all these changes, from Lumiose City, to the Gym and to Clemont's physical features, Clemont was still the shy, modest inventor he was after all these years.

Clemont: I've just been working really hard ever since the day we parted ways 8 years ago. The journey we all shared together was so impactful, I knew I had to better myself as a gym leader and an inventor, so I've been working real hard ever since!

Ash: Sure seems like it! I can see your hard work and dedication being emulated through your inventions! You truly are something else Clemont!

Clemont: That means so much coming from you Ash. Thank you so much!

Pikachu: Chu Pikachu!

Clemont: I see Pikachu still remains unevolved. That's cool too! *leans in to pet Pikachu*

Ash: Yeah! My buddy is probably one of the few things that remained unchanged throughout these years. *chuckling*

Ash was pondering the thought of someone being missing alongside Clemont. It wasn't long until he realized that person was Bonnie.

Ash: By the way, where's Bonnie? I can't imagine how big she's gotten!

Clemont: I would guess she's at our house watching t.v. with Dedenne. Would you like to swing by?

Ash: Of course! I would definitely like to see your father again too!

Clemont: Alright then, I'll put Clembot in charge of the gym for the time being.

Clemont lead Ash into his inventing room adjacent to the battlefield. It was a cluttered mess, with nuts and bolts all over the floor and wires scattered throughout the room, but Ash had respect for the messy room, since this was where all the inventions and technology Clemont brought to life.
Clemont had flipped the switch to his Clembot robot. It had a bit of dust on it since it hasn't been used in a while, but it still functioned.

Clembot: *robotic voice* Greetings Clemont. I will hold down the fort for you while you are gone.

Clemont: Thank you so much Clembot.

Clembot: Great to see you again Ash and Pikachu! You two look well!

Ash: Wow you remember us! Great to see you too Clembot! You're looking good yourself too buddy!

Pikachu: Pika pi!

Clemont: Ok Ash and Pikachu, shall we head out now?

Ash: Of course! We'll see you later Clembot!

Clembot: Take care now!

As Ash and Pikachu were walking with Clemont, so many eyes were on Clemont. Kids and Pokémon didn't hesitate to greet him and adults were taking pictures of him from afar! He was truly a celebrity in Lumiose City! So many people had high respect for Clemont and what he's done to the city! He truly deserved his success.

Ash: I can't imagine how Bonnie looks like now! She must be out adventuring all the time!

Clemont: Yup, she's already traveled 2 different regions; the Johto and Sinnoh region! And while she didn't challenge any gyms... she...

Ash: What did she do?

Clemont: *face reddening* S-she went through both regions trying to find me a wife! It was so embarrassing having so many girls fly all the way to the Lumiose Gym a handful of times!

Ash: *sweatdropping* Well, I guess that's something that hasn't changed either!

Pikachu: Pika pika...

So after a long walk from the Lumiose gym the duo finally reached Clemont's house and were greeted by none other than Clemont's dad, Meyer.

Meyer: Welcome home Clemont!

Clemont: Hey dad!

Meyer: So how's the gym holding up for you son?

Clemont: Pretty good, dad. Some tough challengers here and there but definitely not bad at all.

Meyer: Glad to hear! Everyone looks up to you ya know... It warms my heart to see my son come such a long way! *holding down dramatic tears*

Clemont: *embarassed* R-right...

Meyer: *Looks over and noticed Ash behind Clemont* Oh! It's Ash!! It's been so long! How have you been?! This is so unexpected!!

Ash: It's nice to see you again too! I'm doing fine! It has been a while hasn't it?

Meyer: And Pikachu too! Great to see you too, unevolved and unchanged, that's great! It really feels like good old times, gathered up together like this from 8 years ago...

Ash: It sure does!

Meyer: *looking over Ash and Clemont, surprised* Clemont? Where's that girl that was traveling with you 8 years ago? She was... hm... .... Oh yeah, your beautiful girlfriend right?

Clemont: *blushing* Dad... It wasn't anything like that at all, remember?... We were, and still are, just close friends... And she's not with us today. It's only Ash and Pikachu with me.

Meyer: Hm. Is that so... If you say so. Well Bonnie's in the room. Ash and Pikachu, you can certainly make yourselves at home!

Ash: Thank you!

Pikachu: Chu chu!

As they were coming inside the house, taking off their shoes and making their way into Clemont's bedroom, Ash was pondering Meyer's words towards this so called, "beautiful" girl figure that was traveling with them 8 years ago. He had no recollection of any memories of her, so he decided to ask Clemont.

Ash: Hey, Clemont?

Clemont: Yes, Ash?

Ash: What "beautiful girlfriend" was your dad talking about that traveled with us 8 years ago?

Clemont: *blushing a bit* Aww man... You too? We were never like that! We traveled with you too, after all! We were all friends!
*Clemont's Inner thoughts: After all, she was the one who kissed you...*
Now if I recall... *thinking* ... .... ..... ......
Her name was—

Clemont got cut off because suddenly Bonnie came bursting in Clemont's room with her face lit up to see Pikachu.

Bonnie: Aaaaahhh!!! Look at Pikachu, Clemont!! It's coat looks so shiny and plush like Ash's! *starts hugging Pikachu tight*

Pikachu: *extreamly scared* *uses thunderbolt*

Bonnie: Aaah!!! *falls over all dirty with black all over and exploded hair.* It even thunderbolts like Pikachu....

Ash: Oh no!

Clemont: Bonnie! You mustn't do that! You're scared it!

Bonnie: *getting up and dusting herself off* I know... I know... I shouldn't have done that and I know Pikachu didn't like it... It's just that... Well... IT'S SO CUTE! *starts trying to hug it again*

Pikachu: *hiding behind Ash* Chu....

Clemont: *sigh* I remember this argument like it was yesturday... Anyway, Bonnie, why don't you look at what, or who Pikachu is hiding behind? *pointing at Ash*

Bonnie: *Looks at Ash's face* Oh my goodness! Is it really you Ash?!

Ash: Yup it's me!

Bonnie: No way! I can believe it! Wow look at all of us! 8 years later! *giggling*

Ash: I know right! *laughing*

Clemont: Yeah and 8 years later some people haven't minded their manners and continue to act childish, despite having arguments about being older and able to do more 'adult like' things.

Bonnie: Oh, be quiet Clemont! * Sticks out tongue * I'm 15 now! You can't tell me what to do, can you now?

Clemont: That doesn't change the fact that I'm still older than you by 4 years and that I'm the adult, so technically, you still have to listen to me... *sighing*

Bonnie: *sticks out tongue at Clemont*

All: *laughing*

Bonnie: Has it really been 8 years though? Time flies so fast! Oh, and sorry for scaring you, Pikachu... *starts stroking it's head*

Pikachu: Chu!

Bonnie: See Clemont, Pikachu forgave me!

Clemont: *mumbling* Keep it up though and it might not one day. *sighing*

Ash: So what have you been up to all this time, Bonnie?

Bonnie: I've been traveling and learning about different regions! Although I've only traveled to the Johto and Sinnoh region so far, I've learned a lot about the Pokémon native to both regions and the type of attractions they have such as the PokéAthlon and Pokémon Contests!

Ash: Sounds great! Have you challenged any gyms?

Bonnie: Eh... Gym battling isn't really my cup of tea, but traveling and learning about Pokémon and regions sure are! But the gym leaders themselves are very nice and resourceful people as well! Gardenia from Sinnoh showed me around Eterna City during her spare time off of Gym duty, and Bugsy from Johto helped me out with a Bug-Type Pokémon catching contest! Overall, I've been having so much fun!

Dedenne: Ne, Ne!

Bonnie: And I can't forget, I did it with Dedenne by my side!

Ash: Hey there Dedenne, long time no see!

Dedenne jumped out of Bonnie's pochette and onto Ash's shoulder greeting him. It then jumped off of him and exchanged friendly greeting sparks to Pikachu.

Ash: Wow Bonnie, it sure sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy these past 8 years!

Bonnie: Yup! I sure have! I'm just so happy we're back together after so long!

Ash: Well, not all of us... Your father mentioned that there was someone else who had traveled with us... I don't remember her name, though.

Clemont: Oh yeah before I was rudely interrupted by some certain somebody,

Bonnie: *sticks out tongue again*

Clemont: So the girl that's missing is our friend—

Bonnie: *Interrupting Clemont*  Hey, I know who's missing from our group! Come and take a look at the T.V.! *grabs Ash's hand and runs to her room*

Clemont: Hey! Bonnie! I was talking to him.... *sigh* There's no use... *goes after her*

*** On the t.v.
MC: Give it up for Braixen and The Kalos Queen....... SERENA!

Crowd: *Cheering*

Serena: *Waving and bowing.*

Bonnie: Hard to believe that's our friends right?!

Ash: .... *thinking* Wow... it really has been so long... How can I forget such a face like hers... Serena....

Ash was fixated on the T.V. as the camera rolled in on Serena. It had been eight years since he last saw her. Just seeing her face made all of his memories flood back to him and made old emotions that had been laying dormant resurface.

Bonnie: *Snapping her fingers in Ash's face* Ash?! Are you listening to me?!

Clemont: Bonnie stop. Ash are you ok?

Ash: *snaps out of it* Oh! Yes, I'm ok, sorry. I would like to see her again, if that's possible. This group reunion wouldn't be the same if she wasn't here with us right now.

Clemont: True, but how would we be able to get the literal Kalos Queen to come with us to hang out? It seems kinda Farfetch'd...

Ash: Yeah... Guess you're right...

Bonnie: I read on a newspaper not too long ago that the public is allowed to go and watch Pokemon Performers off stage on certain days, depending on where they are for their next performance, throughout Kalos. Lucky for us, the next one is close by. It's at Shalour City. If you remember Korrina and Lucario, then that would be 3 people to go and see again too! Should we go?

Ash: Of course! Let's get the old group back for a reunion once and for all! *thinking* I've gotta see her again! Serena....

Ash's mind started filling with Serena. He just didn't know why, but it happened. He didn't care about Korrina or Lucario. Just Serena. Why though? He thought.
Ash got deep in his thoughts again and Bonnie snapped him out of it again. She then asked Ash if he didn't get enough sleep or something, until Clemont told her not to be rude. She ignored him and stuck her tongue at him which caused Ash to laugh.

Clemont: Anyways... It's settled! Let's get our gear and go! I'm gonna let Dad know we are leaving for a bit....

And before they knew it, the trio was off to search for their old, yet seemingly very successful friend, Serena.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.2K 1.9K 53
This is the story of what happens after Ash wins the Masters Tournament. All our heroes attend a celebration in honor of the new Monarch. What will h...
233K 4.8K 34
Serena finally takes the guts to confess to Ash while the latter wins the Kalos League....in a way. Delia reveals her true nature of work and Ash tak...
60.8K 967 13
It's been six years after Ash's time with the World coronation series yet his ambition to be the very best was still unreached in his own eyes. He pl...
39K 870 9
Serena has a huge crush on Ash. He's brave, kind, caring, the list goes on. But most importantly he "Never Gives Up" 。。。 What will happen when Ash is...