Eunoia | A Taehyung FF | (com...

By Madeline2838

"I saw her pull out a black ink pen and start doodling on her arms. And from the distance I could see, flower... More

Disclaimer
1- Lavender
2- Juice box
3- Facade
4- Artists
5- Moments
6- Pictures
7- Hoodies
8- Secrets
9- Geniuses
10- Plans
11- Beers
12- Feels
13- Safe
14- Smoke
15- and mirrors
16- Questions
17- Answers
18- Allowed
19- Keys
21- Circumstances
22- D-day
23- A whim
24- Tension
25- Contemplation
26- Meanings
27- Decisions
28-Promises
29- Unsettled
30- Choices
31- Faze
32- Candour
33- Natural
34- Edge
35- Loyalty
36- Priorities
37- Gentleman
38- Pursuit
39- Life
40- Gold
41- Silence
42- Rooms
43- Comfort
44- Scary
45- Warmth
46- Music
47- Motives
48- Chills
49- Echoes
50- Darkness
51- Flinch
52- Gone
Epilogue
QnA w/ the gang!
Sneak peek: Coincidences- A Namjoon FF

20- Recital

496 48 42
By Madeline2838

May smoothed down her dress for the fourteenth time, causing Lauryn to roll her eyes.

"You sure we can't come along too?" Lauryn asked as she sat down on her bed, dangling her legs off the edge.

Meira cocked an eyebrow at how casually Lauryn included Jimin too, "No. Apparently, he only has permission for one other person," Meira said as she wore her earrings, looking at herself critically before finally giving up with a sigh.

She recalled how Taehyung tried to appear nonchalant when talking about the venue before giving up and becoming a full-blown fanboy.

"I didn't want to touch the keys! It felt like sacrilege like I was supposed to wear silk gloves-"

Lauryn interrupted her thoughts, "If I hear you sigh one more time, I am going to smack you."

Meira sighed again with a smirk as she wore her coat, hiding her dusty pink formal dress. The last thing she needed was unwanted attention as she walked from the dorms to the auditorium.

"I'm heading out now bub,"

"IN THOSE?" Lauryn pointed at May's trusty old sneakers, "NUH UH! Where the heck are those dainty formal shoes I had got you for your birthday?"

Meira couldn't run very well in those

"I don't know where I put them and I'm running out of time," She said as she tried to step out of the room, only to be blocked by Lauryn.

"Here they are, now off with those grubby shoes"

"I cleaned them yesterday woman-"

Lauryn gave May one look to shut her up and May relented.

What could go wrong? They were inside the campus after all. Nobody would dare

She wrapped the coat around her as she got out the dorms, trying to be as discreet as possible. She breathed in the cool January air as she walked to the auditorium.

.....

She took off her coat and stepped into the room Taehyung had told her about.

And she saw why he felt the way he did.

She had a strong urge to go back and get her coloured pencils.

Meira walked down the stairs, dazed, seating herself in one of the front seats. she stared around the room in awe, trying to absorb all the details.
She didn't notice the other figure who had entered the hall, nor did she notice the way he hesitated before walked up to her row.

Yoongi walked to the seats in the front row, all dressed up for a proper recital in his sharp black suit.

Meira looked at the figure sitting down a couple of seats away and cracked a smile, extending her hand "You must be Professor Min Yoongi! Taehyung's told me so much about you!"

Yoongi took her hand and shook it, cracking a wide smile, "And you must be Ms Meira! The one who's working with Taehyung on this assignment! Believe it or not, Taehyung's told me a lot about you too! I can't wait to see what you have come up with!"

Something about that smile threw Meira off.

Maybe it was the way it didn't reach his eyes.

She shrugged it off and smiled back at him, before turning to the stage.

The lights dimmed for a moment as Taehyung walked in, in his recital outfit of a black coat-tails jacket and crisp white shirt, not looking at anything except the piano.

He turned and bowed, grinning at May before becoming focused and stern-faced again as he sat down.

The lights adjusted so that there was a soft ethereal glow around Taehyung and the white piano.

Meira's fingers itched for a paintbrush.

Taehyung took a deep breath before he placed his hands on the keys.

And then he started playing.

The music flowing like a gentle bubbling creek, the melodies rolling over the stones.

It sounded like summer, like golden times, like warm memories and sunsets bygone.

A strange sort of melancholy washed over Meira as she heard it, making her feel nostalgic for something she couldn't remember.

Something she couldn't remember but something she had loved. Truly, fully loved.

Sure, she had heard it before on recording, but the entire atmosphere of the hall and the sheer amount of pure magic in that room made Meira tear up.

She heard a little sniffle from her right which made her smile.

So, this is why Taehyung loves what he does...

Taehyung ended the piece with a flourish, staring at the keys once he was done, a look of satisfaction on his face.

"ENCORE!" Yoongi said as he stood up, clapping.

May joined him too and Taehyung's face lit up like he had seen a thousand stars.

He stood up and bowed frantically, all the while grinning from ear to ear.

"Did you not hear the man? ENCORE!" Meira said, causing Yoongi to smile amusedly.

Taehyung took his seat and played the piece again and this time Meira closed her eyes.

Kim Taehyung, you've got magic in your hands.

.....

"STOOPPP" Taehyung said with a smile as he covered his red ears, looking at the ground as they walked to the cafeteria

"I will never shut up about this. NEVER. You know? I think Professor Min shed a tear or two-"

"NOOOOO?! Really??"

"I heard him sniffle"

"Ahh, Meira that could've been the dust in that roo-"

"Shut up and take the damn compliment you little shit"

He hid his face as his face burst into another grin

"Why is Taehyung blushing like you just asked him out?" Jungkook asks as he approaches them, a sly smile on his face.

"Your mind is  twisted like that isn't it?" Meira said as she punched him in his arm.

"I take it the concert went well?"

"Yah! That wasn't a concert! it wasn't even a proper recital"

"Judging by the coat in your hands and the fact that Meira is hiding her outfit by wearing a coat instead of her regular hoodie makes me think otherwise"

"Shut up Jungkook," they said in unison

"May and Tae sitting under a tree-" he started in a sing-song voice while skipping away

....

"Are y'all - done with- your installation?" Taehyung asked between bites of his food

"Taehyung chew your food and then talk please-" Meira said as she looked at him in disgust

Loud chewing always go on her nerves

"Yeah kinda sorta. We just have to rig up some things but we're pretty much done" Jungkook said with a sly nod if his head towards Namjoon, who gave a shy dimpled smile.

"We gotta put the finishing touches tomorrow..."

"A whole year is going to be over after this huh? It went by pretty damn fast" Hobi said as he played with his food

Everyone fell into a contemplative silence.

"Well I hope none of you forgot about the bet-" Jimin said with an evil smile

May snorted "we're going through with this aren't we?"

"Of course! Do you think I, a broke college student, would pass up on free food?"

"Jimin, you rented a whole apartment so you're anything but broke-"

"Fair enough"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A/n

Why are skin colour descriptions online so pretentious?? Like "light sand-" *how does that help anyone* (is this just me???)

ALL MY LOVE TO ALL MY REGULARS❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ You guys are something else and legit make my day!

~M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 687 29
A collection of short stories about bts that I've written on my imagine account on Instagram. I'll update this whenever I make a new one, so pretty o...
300K 8.4K 22
Y/N loves BTS. She found there music during a very difficult time in her life, and it helped her to realize the truth: none of it had ever been her f...
198K 11.6K 28
Working at a flower shop had it's own consequences; from knowing what each flower meant.. to working with none other than Jeon Jungkook, the bad boy...
287K 9.6K 49
You sat with a bounce on the bed, a habit you'd had since you were a child. He walked over, and sat next to you. "How long do you plan to stay in Se...