Beyond The Pale

By helenaxsofie

We're always drawn to something we can't have. I just happen to be drawn to a criminal, a man who is beyond... More

Beyond The Pale: Disclaimer
2. Curiosty Killed The Cat
3. Regretting it
4. Haunted
5. Blood and Bodies
6. Code of Silence
7. Sanity lost
8. Conflict
9. Can't run now
10. Trusting him
11. Foolish
12. His Skeletons
13. His Boyfriend
14. Happiness
15. Drinks
16. A Trip for two
17. Virgin of love
18. His other side
19. Worries
20. Bipolar
21. Rafael
22. Mobster Party
23. Tyrant
24. Surprise
25. Let it go
26. Pillow talk
27. Dinner with parents
28. Male strippers
29. Twisted
30. Mistake
31. Abusive Don
32. Tiger
33. Mishappenings
34. Morning Shower
35. Watched
36. Dont stay away
37. Is This Where We End (Part One)
38. Is This Where We End? (Part two)
39. Not So Hidden

1. Beyond the pale

365K 10.4K 5.5K
By helenaxsofie

When I originally wrote this chapter Chris brown hadn't released the full version of 'lady in the glass dress.' so now I can finally attach the version he released <3 

Enjoy my beautiful readers x 30/6/20

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I stared at myself, for the longest time.

Brown-emerald eyes scolding me through the floor-length mirror. I stood on my toes trying to put height on my 5'3 petite body.

You're pathetic.

"Christina, honey.." My mother pulled open the red curtain back. When she saw me she gave me a sympathetic smile. She pitied me.

Even she thinks you're pathetic.

I quickly grabbed the midnight blue bridesmaids dress off the hook, covering my exposed olive skin. I was still in my black underwear. "Mom! I'm not ready."

She closed the curtain behind her. "I can see that." She stood beside me resting her hands on my shoulders. She stood 3 inches taller than me. I so badly wanted to tell her to go away. I didn't need this. I didn't need her pitied comfort.

Yes, you do.

"You'll get married someday, honey." She cooed, brushing my straight, shoulder-length brunette hair to the side and playing with the ends that curled slightly.

She was saying that to herself. To make her self feel better at the fact that I got dumped. I'm only 22 years old!

Yes, but you were dating a man that had money.

True, my mother wanted me and my sister to marry men of class and money. And I did.. Yet he broke my heart over the phone.

What an asshole.

My older sister was lucky she found a respected lawyer. Making mommy and daddy proud and all. But I questioned whether she actually loved him.

My mother shook me, her hazel eyes frowning at me. She was obviously talking and I was obviously ignoring.

"Will you let me get dressed?" I huffed, it was bad enough I had to come to this final fitting. I had to come with my mother, hearing her questions.

What did you do to poor Leo?

Why did you let him dump you?

Did you satisfy him in the bedroom?

The poor man.

My mother finally took that as her cue to leave me. Her long brunette hair whipping behind her as she turned on her heel and out of my sight.

I put on the floor-length dress, the color made my skin look even lighter; since I hadn't seen the sun for a while. And like my sister told me, it's her wedding and I have to wear whatever she wants and smile.

Straight after that was done. My sister and I and her 3 bridesmaids, headed into the heart of Chicago's nightlife. Who doesn't love a good bachelorette party?

You hate partying.

But Of course. My sister's friends found the most licentious club in Chicago. My parents would kill us if they found out, they always said girls like us shouldn't be found in places like this.

I followed them in feeling highly uncomfortable at what I was wearing. A short tight red skirt and a black V neck top that exposed my cleavage a little more than I would like it to.

"Last night of being totally single!" The girls screamed over the top of the pounding house music. God get me out of here. Please.

They downed their spirits, making me cringe.

I hate vodka.

All I did was watch them, along with the greedy men around them. Watching them dance, grinding on strangers with drinks in their hands. That's all they do. Is this what Leo was doing? Was he grinding on different women at a club?

Stop torturing yourself.

That asshole dumped me. And all he said was 'I'm sorry Christina, we can't see each other anymore.' I didn't get a word out. He hung up! My heart began to clench again.

That asshole had no heart.

"Can I buy you a drink?" A low voice broke me out of hell.

Without looking at the man I muttered. "I'm not interested."

"Well, you sure need one." He chuckled lowly, setting a pink cocktail in front of me.

I turned my self towards him, he looked about thirty years old. Way too bulky for my liking, he made me think of Vin Diesel, only Vin Diesel was better looking. "I'm not accepting a drink from someone I don't know."

"You won't accept a drink from the manager of this club?" He gave me a cocky smile that made me feel uneasy.

"I'm sorry," I muttered turning away, hoping he'd walk off. But he didn't, he trailed a finger from my shoulder and down my exposed back. An unwelcoming chill shivered through me.

"I have to go." My voice quivered, as I got up grabbing my purse and jacket.

"So soon baby?" He followed behind me as I walked towards the exit of the club. I didn't care that I didn't say goodbye to the girls. They didn't realize I was there anyway. I wanted to get out of the club, I just wasn't feeling it.

Just keep walking Christina.

I tried to walk faster hoping he'd go away, weaving myself through the people that stood in the club. If he was the manager of that place then why was he following me? There were plenty of women in that club.

I met with the cool breeze trying desperately to put my jacket on and walk as fast as I could down the street. I really shouldn't be walking alone at night, especially in this part of Chicago. But I didn't care anymore, I was in my dark thoughts of depression, doing this was basically asking for trouble.

"Angelo!" The man still following me called out. Making me turn around to see him winking. Oh dear god. I looked back in front of me to see who he was winking at, three men on the path next to a black car. By reflex and the power of how hard my heart was beating I turned left into an alleyway, I think it went to the back of the club.

A bad idea.

My heart raced, I wasn't looking where I was going because I could feel them behind me, watching me.

"Sweetheart, stop running." One of them laughed, they were obviously amused at how afraid I was.

"Fabio is going to love her."

I stepped in a crack making the heel of my shoe break and for me to tumble in front.

Nice one Christina.

"See what happens when you try to run." One of them tutted me. I could feel my tears burning, threatening to spill.

You're such a stupid girl.

I am. No denying it anymore. I couldn't even keep Leo happy.

I was weak-minded, no sense of a strong woman in me.

Before I could try to get up, black shoes came into my view and two strong arms lifted me up and turned me so my back leaned into his hard chest.

I didn't have the strength to look up. "Leave her to me boys." His low voice had a hint of a Spanish accent. "If you scream, you'll regret it." He murmured into my ear.

The tears began to leak silently from my eyes.

"Oh come on, Raf." I took a peek at the man that was slightly pouting at the man behind me.

His names Raf?

"Please, let me go," I whispered, shutting my eyes.

"If you boys don't leave now, I'll slit all of your throats." He growled, startling me and making me peak a look at the men in front, they all rolled their eyes before walking towards the light of the street.

So this is how your life's about to end.

The man behind me twisted me around, pushing me against the brick wall. I refused to open my eyes again.

His hands were firmly on my shoulders. So I'm about to get rãped. After 30 seconds of my eyes being tightly shut and his spicy cologne lingering, The man in front of me didn't do anything. I opened my eyes slowly.

His dark-brown eyes frowned down at me... I took in the man in front of me, his dark chocolate hair was tussled, falling against his forehead. From the unflattering dim light in the alleyway, I could see his features, dark eyebrows, straight nose, chiseled strong jaw, and soft shaven skin. He looked like a European model.

Good looking, lucky you Christina.

This was the wrong time for my inner voice to be sarcastic.

"Mierda, why aren't you fighting?" He continued to frown at me.

"I-"

"Are you a hooker, puta?" He scowled, looking me up and down. Oh hell no, he did not just call me a hooker.

You look like one.

I pushed his hard chest off of me with all the strength I had, since he looked like stone beneath that black, long sleeve shirt.

"I'm no puta! You asshole." I huffed, his eyes widened a bit. I pushed him at least a foot back. I tempted to move, at least run and find help but I realized I'd be running into a brick wall, which was him.

"So you do have a little fire in you." He arched an eyebrow at me, shamelessly raking his eyes up and down my body.

"So are you here to rãpe me, coward?" I don't know where I got the confidence from but that confidence soon vanished when a storm flashed in his eyes, making me gulp.

"I don't have to rãpe women, they do just fine begging me to fuçk them." He sneered, taking a step closer to me and resting his hand on the brick wall above my head. I didn't dare say anything else. I hated that his scent was intoxicating.

"Do you want me to fuçk you, chica?" He grinned, his gaze on his free hand that pushed back my hair behind my ears. "Do you want me to trail a line of hot kisses down your tight stomach, to this very spot." His fingers grazed me, down there, before falling to his side. I couldn't find my voice... His words muted me.

So vulgar, so disgusting-

You so want him.

I couldn't feel aroused from a complete stranger, he was most definitely a criminal. This was wrong, so wrong. I hated how my body was responding, I was disappointed in myself.

"What's your name?" He smirked, his eyes danced with amusement beneath his long lashes.

I blinked at him. "Why should I tell you?"

He shook his head, suddenly producing a gun and putting it to my chest. My eyes widened, and my chest began to rise and fall faster, beneath the cold metal. Fuçk he's going to shoot me.

Escalation much.

"I'll ask again, and-"

"Christina! My name's Christina." I said all in one breath. No matter how shit I was feeling because of recent events, I still wanted to live.

"Linda." He grinned before looking over his shoulder. "Okay let's go before someone sees us." He grabbed my hand, anxiety rising.

Before someone sees this murder scene.

GO? Go where?

He pulled me behind the club and around the other side. "Where are we going?" I squeaked. If I screamed there was no doubt he was going to shoot me. He didn't reply but continued to walk, making me struggle to meet his long strides. "I'm about to get murdered aren't I?"

He didn't reply but walked onto the street raising his hand to hail a cab. He squeezed my hand making me peek up at him. A ghost of a smile on his lips. What was he doing?

A taxi pulled up and he opened the back door gesturing for me to get in. I didn't look at him. I only felt his warm hand on my back, giving me butterflies. But when that contact was gone I was kind of disappointed.

Would you rather this stranger keep touching you? Puta.

"Take this girl to wherever she wants." He instructed, shutting my door and handing the taxi driver a hundred dollar bill through the mans window. A Hundred dollars!? To say I was confused was an understatement. The ride back to my apartment would only be $20 at least! But hey I was very relieved.

"Buenas Noches, try not to get yourself into trouble again." He winked at me, before pulling away from the moving cab. I stared behind me, at the man that disappeared into the shadows.

What the fuçk just happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 280K 54
"I don't know who you think you are coming here, and acting like you don't care about anything. Now listen here Princess, because I'm not going to re...
130K 3K 26
A chance encounter 10 years previous has come back into Mia's life but he's not just anyone, he is the Tsar of Russian Mafia. Mia is a good girl. A g...
86.1K 2.7K 48
He had that kind of visage that stopped you in your tracks. There was a sudden pose in my natural expression. I gaped openly as I descried his Sharp...
6.2K 184 15
❝Get away from me Enzo .❞ I said with pure annoyance from this man. I stumbled outside in the rain to get myself away from him, but then suddenly he...