Betrothed

By seayceeforlife

Sean and Kaycee are married. Forcefully. They live under the same roof as strangers. Strangers who sleep in... More

Author's note✊
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Not an update °-°
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 25

1.8K 103 275
By seayceeforlife

Sorry for the delay :(

"She's stable and recovering."

These four words managed to calm Sean down more than the five long lectures his family gave him. Letting out a deep breath of relief, he nodded at the doctor who had delivered this news to him as he slumped down on the chair.

It had been six hours since the incident. Six hours since Sean hysterically ran out of Brad's office when Kaycee did not come back after thirty minutes and did not pick up his calls.

This had been the most scared Sean had ever felt in his life, the last time being in the hospital when his father was admitted for his heart surgery.

The worst part was having no idea what happened at all. He did not know whether she was kidnapped or if she had decided in a fleeting moment to run away or if she was.... he would rather not think about it.

The only thing going on in his mind over and over again at that time when the police was trying to track her location was Miya's words, "Don't leave her alone."

Guilt and shame flooded his veins and flowed through his blood, making him shrink with fear, not knowing where she was.

Was it possible Mom knew something was up?

But how?

When they finally found her, Sean refused to let go of her, even when the nurses insisted he wasn't allowed in the surgery room.

The doctors confirmed she received no serious injury except a broken finger, sprained ankle and a concussion amd also trauma which was more serious than any injury could ever imprint.

Surprisingly Gabe - Sean learned his name from the police officers - was in the same hospital after getting shot in the leg and back when he tried to hit two officers with a crowbar.

"Where is Kaycee?!!"

A fuming red Kylie, with Serris and Sarah frowning behind her, stomping down the hallway is what Sean saw when he turned around.

"Where is she?"

"She's being shifted to a new ward."

"And where's Gabe?"

Sean was a little taken aback when Kylie said his name because he never told her his name on the phone.

"He's here too. He was shot."

"Is he dead?"

"Uhh, no I don't think so."

"Cool, let me go kill him." Kylie announced in a cold tone, as she tried to step past Sean.

Fortunately, or unfortunately Sean wasn't sure, he caught her before she managed to get away too far.

"Kylie... you can't. I would've too if I could."

"Hell yeah I can. This has been going on for too long. I should've paid attention when she told me about the man stalking her. I should've listened." Kylie sighed loudly as her body relaxed a bit. Serris came forward to put a hand on her shoulder as Kylie placed a hand on her forehead, her eyes drooping down in guilt.

"Since I can't kill him, can I meet her? Where's she?" Kylie slowly raised her head to look at Sean, along with Serris and Sarah who were both eager to meet her.

Sean just opened his mouth to answer them, when a nurse approached them.

"Mr. Lew?"

Sean jerked her head around, almost spinning to the ground.

"Y-Yeah, t-that would be me."

"Mrs Lew has been moved to a new ward. You can go meet her now."

At the same time, all four of them stepped forward.

"...two visitors at a time please."

All halted.

Sean and Kylie sheepishly turned to look at Serris and Sarah, their eyes questioning.

"Geez, go ahead. Stop acting so weird. Call us when you're done." Serris pushed them both forward. "We'll stay here."

With matching wide grins, Sean and Kylie didn't wait a second more before hopping into the elevator.

Both of them were too tensed to even utter a word. So they remained silent as Sean fiddled with his shirt and Kylie keep shaking her leg.

"Did you get to talk to her after.... the incident?" Kylie whispered, her eyes boring holes in the elevator doors.

Sean's mind flashed an image of him hugging her so tightly that nurses had to come up to him to tell him not to injure her further. But Kaycee brushed them off and proceeded to fall into his arms again, snuggling into him, exhaustion luring her in.

Her silence and proximity allowed Sean to examine her while she lay on his chest. Her bruised head, swollen finger, torn clothes ignited a raging fire in his chest to protect her forever. He had failed to do so this time but from now he never wanted to experience the anxiety and hollow fear engulfing him when she was nowhere to be seen.

"Yeah..... she didn't say much and looked really tired and exhausted."

"Poor baby." Kylie whispered sadly. "If I knew he was going to do this, I would've sliced him in half."

"Not to intrude or anything....," Sean started, his tone unsure. "...but it looks like both of you knew him? How?"

His eyes rose up to Kylie's face, who immediately avoided his eyes.

"That's not my story to tell. Besides, I'm sure you would rather hear it from Kaycee."

The elevator dinged, breaking both of their attention.

As soon as the doors were open wide enough, both of them bolted.

"Room 142.... she's in room 142."

"There! It's there."

As they reached the door, Sean paused, making Kylie bump into him.

"Wha-? Sean why'd you stop suddenly?" She said annoyed, rubbing her forehead.

"Do you... do you think she's angry at me?"

"What?" Kylie stood there dumbfounded.

"I.... I failed to keep my word. She's probably-"

"Okay dumbass I don't have time for this. Ask her. But I will say you're stupid." She swerved past Sean to open the door.

"Yes, thank you very-"

Upon hearing the door chime, Kaycee's eyes averted to look towards the source of the squeal and saw a sad smiling Sean coming through the door.

She probably would've seen Kylie too if Kylie hadn't ran at the speed of the wind to hug her.

"Hii- oof!"

"How are you feeling?"

"D-Deprived of a-air." Kaycee stuttered out, squished in between her sister's bear like grip.

"Oh, sorry." Kylie pulled back just a bit to look at her. "Where are you hurt?"

"She's had a small concussion, a broken finger and a sprained ankle. Nothing too series. She'll heal quickly."

Both the sisters turned to look at the smiling lady in blue.

"Thanks Jade."

Jade gave her a smile as she put the required information on the clipboard attached to the bed and walked out.

"Jade's an intern. She's here for assisting as a medical technician for a school project."

"How do you befriend everyone you meet?"

Kaycee simply smiled shyly, tugging her hair with her right hand.

But now that no one was in the room, Kylie turned serious. "Tell me, what did he do? What did he say? Has he been stalking you long? Has he-"

"Oh my- Kylie stop."

Kylie paused and sheepishly ducked her head.

An almost silent cough emerged from the corner of the room.

Kylie chuckled. "Sorry Sean. Here you go, your wife is all yours."

A rosy blush crept up on both of their necks. And with pink ears and flushed cheeks, he approached Kaycee.

Upon reaching her, he stood there and let his eyes run over her. Not in a lustful way.

But in a loving disbelieving way.

She was okay.

Without warning, he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, his gaze soft. With that, Kaycee looked up at him.

"Hey."

Kaycee simply smiled, leaning into his touch. Ever since she had been in his arms, her body longed for that warmth and comfort again.

"I'm sorry."

Kaycee shook her head. "It wasn't your fault. You didn't even know what was happening. I should've told you. I should've-"

"Kaycee..." Sean put a hand on her shoulder. "... it's okay. I was a stranger after all."

"What? No not-"

"I said was, not is."

Before Kaycee could even elicit a reaction, warmth enveloped her. Comfort and tranquillity flowed through her entire body as Sean wrapped his arms around her, pressing her head to his chest.

They rocked back and forth in that position.

Then without a warning, Sean placed a kiss on the crown of her head.

Kaycee couldn't even explain the reaction she had. Her body suddenly felt as if it runs on electricity as blood rose up her face and almost instantly her face was entirely red.

But a surge of courage suddenly raised its head in her chest and she decided to act on it with thinking much.

She pulled back a bit. Sean's smile faltered, thinking that she didn't like the kiss he placed without thinking.

But his doubts got cleared when he felt soft lips pressing onto his cheeks.

His heart flew away to glory and his brain froze, still processing what happened. He stood there dumbstruck.

"Thank you."

Now a normal person would cough slightly to break them out of their trance.

But Kylie wasn't normal.

She had an entire coughing attack. Clutching her chest and stomach she coughed aggressively all the while peeking towards them to see their faces.

They were now three feet apart, looking at everywhere but at each other with bright red faces.

Kylie's coughing fit stopped immediately as she approached Kaycee and pulled her in  for a hug.

"I'm glad you're okay. You scared me. Us. Him."

Kylie pointed a now rubbing-his-neck Sean.

"I know."

"But I felt proud when I heard you kneed him in the balls." She patted her shoulder. "Good job."

Silence.

"Where is he now?"

"He was shot. So he's in surgery."

Kaycee nodded solemnly.

"Kayc....?"

"Hmm?"

"Uhh.. Also the police arrested your father."

Both the sister's heads whipped around to face him.

"G-Gabe and him were both involved. He knew about all of this."

Kaycee had a hitch that her father was probably involved but hearing it straight to her face left her shook.

"W-Wow." Kylie let out a humourless laugh. "So this is his new level of lowness?"

"B-But why.... why would he do something like that?"

When Sean was in the office with Brad and Kaycee stormed out, the more tensed Sean got, the relaxed he seemed. When finally Sean lost all his patience he told him that he was going to go look for her and he simply laughing informing him that she had already been taken care of.

"Business." Kylie spat bitterly.

"But wha-"

"Let's start from the beginning shall we?" Kaycee piped up as she tried to sit up straight. Immediately Sean was by her side, helping her up.

Kaycee patted the place next to her.

When Sean sat down beside her, Kaycee took his hand in hers.

If Kylie noticed this bold side of Kaycee, she didn't say anything.

"My father needed to expand his business. For years he went on searching for the best deal."

She paused and looked around. Seeing Sean's encouraging gaze she started again.

"Gabe's family is extremely rich. They own a couple of churches around the town and they themselves are religious followers of God, believing in stupid shit like sin and soulmate. They owned an several acres of land that they wanted to build a church and a statue of Jesus on."

Sean could now sense where this was going.

"Now if you're thinking that my father signed the deal and gave me away. No. It didn't happen that way. I had sneaked out on one early morning to clear my head after I had a fight with them. And also.... a nightmare of.. h-him."

This time Kylie put a hand on her knee and squeezed it, understanding what she was talking about. Sean didn't but he also didn't want to intrude.

"Gabe saw me. He saw me sitting in the park and that's when he said that he fell in love with me. I bumped into him and ever since then he's convinced that God wanted us together. And that he wouldn't allow any other way. That me and him would be happily married according to the will of God. If I refuse then I would be committing a sin, not listening to our Creator's wishes and I would burn in hell."

"He followed me all the way to my house, even though I tried to tell him to go away and leave me alone. He wouldn't. So I started running. When I finally reached home I locked the door and bolted upstairs. When I came down again, I heard two people talking which wasn't unusual since my father always had clients over."

Kaycee took a deep breath. Seeing her nervous Sean sqeezed her hand.

"It was Gabe. He was talking to my dad. My father didn't really seem interested until Gabe mentioned land. When my father looked like he wasn't interested in his Soulmate theory, he pulled the bribery card. He offers my dad 10 acres of land from their property, free of cost if he let me marry him."

Sean took an unbelievable breath.

"Needless to say my father agreed. My mother heard everything too and she did not agree. My mom knew their family. I overhead her. Gabe's family were not who they seemed to be. They tortured people and forced them to convert to Christainity. Gabe's brothers and sisters never went to school, they only learnt the bible. Hence he also never learnt humanity."

"But she could never go against my father's wishes and confront him. So I don't know how but she managed to bethroth me to you. And-"

"Miya and Laura were childhood best friends."

Kaycee paused. "What?"

"Yeah, she told me when I was helping her and the sisters. Laura had disappeared after college losing all contact with her, no traces of her anywhere, so when she suddenly rung her up and told her everything, she agreed to help her and accept you."

"Wait, everything?"

Kylie nodded. "Everything."

"About...?"

"Yeah."

Sean looked back and forth between the sisters, wondering what was going on.

"So..."

"Uhh... yeah yeah.." Kaycee averted her eyes. "So I was... I was saying that she managed to engage me to you and even fixed the date. Was my father unhappy? Yes, but he didn't say anything because he knew how powerful your father was. He didn't daresay anything. I was unhappy but not too much because I got to be away from my parents and him."

"Is that why you never protested? Never wanted a divorce?"

"Only once." Kaycee's cheeks flushed. "When you said I was a slob."

"Wha- When did I say that?" Sean looked at her wide eyed. Then realization dawned on him. "Oh, wait, you heard that?"

Kaycee nodded meekly. "I might've been planning for your murder but-but I'm over that, I promise."

"Oookay, I'll take your word for it."

Kaycee's eyes crinkled in laughter as she threw her head back, playfully slapping him in the chest. Seeing her rosy cheeks, eye dimples and cheeky smile, his heart started thundering.

Without being conscious of what he was doing, he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her in under the crook of his neck.

"I'm glad you're okay."

Suddenly Sean felt conscious of his thundering heart, afraid that she could hear it.

But she did not.

Because she couldn't hear anything beyond her own blood roaring in her ears.

Beside them, Kylie wondered if she had disappeared suddenly from the room or they just chose to ignore her existence.

But nevertheless she was happy for her sister.

She deserved it.

_________________________________________

I know I know I'm sorryyyyyy.

I know I'm a little late (O'RLLY) but I promise I had a valid excuse among the various deadlines, competitions and projects.

Well I was actually rereading my book and was less than impressed with my writing so I tore down the internet to search up every single video on how to improve and write angst because I suck at it. So, yeahhh.

Please let me know if you see a difference. I really want to improve.

Anyway, this is getting too deep for me.

So here's the ending. Finally I've managed to-

I'm joking. I'm joking. Still have quite a few chapters. I mean the entire secret is still not out.

How many of you started school? Here my school started like in July (-_-) so I had like a million deadlines this past week.

Thoughts on this chapter? 👀👀

I wrote 7645 versions of this and I'm still not satisfied but I feel like I would be fighting for my life if I don't update soooooo 👀

But seriously I love you guys 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Even if you threaten me sometimes.

And see you soon. ❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 4.4K 22
"you touch me and it's almost like we knew that there will be history..." the instant that they danced together for the first they knew that nothing...
57.4K 1.8K 11
only exhaustion and it's heavy hand could restrain sean lew into the depths of sleep, and now sean was thinking kaycee rice could too. and as time p...
6.5K 332 44
[It Takes Two] series *can be read as a standalone " they are like molecules with van der waals forces of attraction and they will always be covalen...
14.3K 505 16
• a sean and kaycee (short) fanfiction • she always wanted to tell him how she felt. but she's scared of what will happen after she does. he's not as...