Betrothed

By seayceeforlife

Sean and Kaycee are married. Forcefully. They live under the same roof as strangers. Strangers who sleep in... More

Author's note✊
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Not an update °-°
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 23

1.4K 97 296
By seayceeforlife

Hey there!

If you've forgotten what happened, read the last couple of chapters again to get in the feels.

Comment as you go please ❤ and I love y'all.

Hope you enjoy. 💕💕
_________________________________________

"What are you doing?"

"Booking a ticket to Boston."

"Okayyyy." Sean dragged the word, as his eyes skimmed over the website Kaycee was on. "And why are you booking one?"

"Because only I'm gonna go."

Sean didn't speak for a moment. Then, without a warning, he grabbed Kaycee's hand, which was on the mouse, with his left hand and quick as flash, he use his right hand to change the quantity number from 1 to 2.

Kaycee's eyes widened. Annoyed with him, she wriggled under his grasp.

"Sean I swear to god, you are not coming with me-"

Sean clicked on the 'Book flight' button.

Turning smugly towards her, he said with a grin, "Sorry, you were saying something?"

Kaycee, annoyed with him and his antics, huffed and snatched the laptop from his hands, grumbling under her breath. Her eyes were searching for a cancel tickets button or a go back button but the only thing flashing on the screen was,

Flight booked! Have a nice flight.

"Sean! You can't come with me. Cancel your ticket please." With her increasing frustration, her voice was becoming high-pitched.

"Give me one good reason why."

"Your family needs you. You can't leave Miya and Cheuk and Serris and Sarah in this condition. I would not too if I had the choice."

Sean rolled his eyes. "Not this again. I've said it before too, my family needs me but they would also bury me alive if I let you go there alone. And I can't leave you alone either. What if what happened at the bar happens again?"

This perked Kaycee's attention. "What happened at the bar?"

Wait...

"Y-You don't remember it?"

"No. Everything's blurry in my mind. I remember you coming to pick me up. But that's all."

Finally Sean understood. No wonder she didn't bring up the topic. For days, he thought it was because she did not want to open up to him for it. Or because she was still scared. Not wanting to push into anything she did not want, he kept silent too.

"N-nothing. Forget about it. I was talking about you being drunk and talking rubbish to strangers."

But Kaycee wasn't convinced. "What are you-"

"I was saying that mom told me not to leave you alone with your parents." Sean loudly cut her off. "I don't know what she meant by that, though"

The change was instantaneous. Kaycee's eyes widened at first with surprise as she looked up at him but on seeing his gaze lock with here, she looked down, avoiding eye contact, fidgeting.

As she fiddled with her fingers, "Did she... did she say why?"

This short exchange confused Sean at first. When his mom told him not to let Kaycee put out of his sight and make sure she's always with someone, he shook it off not thinking much of it.

But now seeing Kaycee's change in demeanour, he knew he clearly didn't know something here.

"No, she didn't. Is there something...?"

"N-no no. It's nothing." She got up so fast that Sean almost fell back out of shock. "Come on. We gotta pack."

She immediately left the room, leaving Sean thinking if she suffers from bipolarity.

Oh, how the tables have turned!

_

"Be careful Kaycee, okay?" Miya furrowed her eyes at her, as she broke away from their hug. Kaycee simply smiled at Miya, nodding.

Miya broke away from her to hug Sean and whispered, "See you."

"Oh wow! She gets the 'Be careful' while I get 'See you.' He huffed and frowned. "Try not be so excited about getting rid of me."

Miya simply laughed and ruffled his hair, lovingly.

"MOM! I just made my hair." Sean said, trying to salvage his hair again.

"And still managed to look like a orangutan on the loose."

"Okay that's it. I'm waiting in the car, Kayc."

Kaycee, Serris and Sarah could only giggle.

"What about me, Sean?"

Sean's eyes immediately softened as he smiled. He quickly approached the pouting man laying in his bed and bent down beside the bed. "Oh, trust me none of us can forget you."

"Never." Kaycee smiled as she too approached them and bent down beside Sean.

Cheuk raised a shaky hand for a fraction of a second, before it fell down limply at his side again.

Kaycee placed a hand on his hand as Sean hugged him. When Sean pulled away, Kaycee bent forwards to hug him too. All the while Cheuk's smile was spellbinding.

"Okay, I guess we'll... we'll just..." Sean couldn't finish his sentence as his throat started forming a lump once again.

As both of them turned around, Kaycee placed a hand on Sean's shoulder, squeezing it lightly.

But when they faced the door, a certain someone was standing there, her hands on her hips.

"Are you planning to leave without seeing me, huh?" She pretended to be frowning. But then her face broke into a smile. "Well if you are, then you're in trouble, kiddos."

Kaycee could only give a small watery chuckle as she ran forward to hug her sister. Kylie could only rub her back and whispered softly, "Good luck."

When they broke apart, Kylie turned to Sean to hug him. "Hey, giant, I'm counting on you."

Sean laughed squeezing her once before breaking apart.

Finally Serris and Sarah hugged both of them, Serris still complaining that he looked like an orangutan and needed a haircut.

"I'm going away and you guys are bullying me here." Sean murmured under his breath. "I'm going to the car."

Kaycee gave them a look, raising her eyebrows.

Both Serris and Sarah looked at each other, smiling before calling out, "Sean!"

Sean turned around. "What?"

"We'll miss you."

"Yeah, come back soon, monkey."

Sean pouted again but Kaycee saw his love and adoration for his sisters shine through his annoyance.

"Whatever. Bye."

"Bye-bye."

"Bye Kaycee, we'll miss youuu." Sarah and Serris piped together.

"Wow."

"Oh, shut up."

_

"Kayc, its okay."

Sean took her bouncing hand off her lap and intertwined his fingers with hers. Butterflies immediately took off in Kaycee's stomach, floating away to glory.

Only a few minutes. Only a few minutes and she would see her parents again.

She's not very excited, Sean could tell.

"It's okay. I'll be there with you too."

But little did Sean know that his sweet consoles only made her feel as if a hundred elephants were racing in her stomach. She immediately faced the other side looking out of the window to prevent Sean from seeing her extremely red face.

The car stopped.

"We're here."

"Shit."

On hearing the driver's announcement, Sean unlocked his door and got out. When he turned back around, Kaycee was still inside. Without hesitation, he smoothly walked over to the other side and opened her door, breaking her out of her thoughts.

"Let's go and get done with this, alright?"

Kaycee could only nod as she took his outstretched hand.

As Kaycee was adjusting her dress, Sean squinted towards the end of the block.

He thought he saw a hint of black.

He shook it off as a trick of his eyes but unknowingly his grip on Kaycee's hand tightened.

He shook his head when Kaycee gave him a questioning stare.

Both of them entered the building hand in hand, memories of her childhood hitting her instantly. She shook her head, now wasn't the time to be reminiscing.

"Kayceee! My child!"

Before she could turn around, she felt a pair of arms squish her into a hug. But she remained still and tensed, one hand still grasping onto Sean's.

"Hey mom."

Laura's voice brinked on the edge of annoyance. "Good to see you too, my dear."
She emphasised loudly on her words.

"Yeah, same here."

For slightest of seconds, her eyes flicked to their hands, intertwined together and her smile slightly dampened. But she raised her head and smiled again as quickly as humanely possible.

Satisfied with her answer, Laura turned to Sean. "Hello there, we never had the chance to properly meet. I'm Laura, you surely know me, Brad Rice's wife."

Kaycee rolled her eyes. It was as if she had no other identity.

"Yes ma'am, it's a pleasure."

Laura smiled a small smile before clapping her hands in faux enthusiasm. "Alright, he's waiting for you in his office."

"Couldn't even come down." Kaycee murmured bitterly.

"He's busy, Kaycee."

She laughed humourlessly. "Busy counting money?"

"Behave yourself." Laura gritted her teeth. Then relaxing her face, she stared at Kaycee with a strange look. "Why are you so bitter towards us now?"

"Guess I just saw what a real family feels like. So stop with your act."

Kaycee didn't wait for her. Still holding Sean's hand, she pulled him inside the elevator and closed the doors before Laura could make her way.

Not like she was even trying to get in the elevator. She was just standing there, her face unreadable.

The doors closed.

Kaycee sighed.

Sean really didn't know what to say. Never in his life has he ever seen such hostility in a family. His family has always been close knitted. But he didn't know that some families in this world were broken inspite of having fame and money.

So he even didn't try to say anything.

Instead he freed his hand from Kaycee's petite one, pulling away. Kaycee looked at him surprised, already missing the feeling of his hand on hers.

And then put it around her waist.

As the elevator doors open, the employees could see an Asian man walk in and a tomato girl beside him.

"Stop blushing." Sean whispered in Kaycee's ears.

"Well then, don't come close to me." She replied hysterically as she felt Sean's breath tickling her ears as he chuckled lightly.

"Okay then."

And Sean removed his hand and himself away from her, putting a good one foot distance between them.

Nope, nope, nope, nope I don't like this.

Immediately as Sean pulled away, Kaycee's body felt cold and it seemed as if she was exposed naked to the cool air around her. Not liking this feeling and missing the warmth and security from Sean's embrace, she quietly moved closer to him.

Before Sean could even smirk, she took his hand and put around herself.

Now a wide smirk grin formed on Sean's face.

"Not. A. Word."

Sean nodded happily, his heart light.

_

"Ah! Come sit down."

Both Sean and Kaycee did exactly that, with a few subtle eyerolls from Kaycee.

Two seconds into meeting him, Sean Lew knew he wouldn't like this man.

"Good to see you again."

"Don't pretend to be happy."

Brad looked up, surprised at her tone. Kaycee was laying back in her chair, her arms crossed and her face passive.

She never liked her father. I mean before she refused to even acknowledge him as one.

"So you're gonna behave this way." He shook his head in disappointment. "Anyway, I don't care about that. I want to know when you want to inherit the company?"

"I don't want to."

"I mean you could also go through all the-" He paused. "What did you say?"

"You can keep your company to yourself since its more precious than anyone, anyway."

"Watch that tone, kid." Brad warned. "Is your husband brainwashing you or have you been talking to Kylie, huh?" He pointed at Sean, who was shifting his gaze form Kaycee to Brad and Brad to Kaycee up until now.

"W-What?" Kaycee could not believe she heard it correct.

"I knew it. I told Laura this was a bad choice for Kaycee. But instead of using her brain and listening to me, she only wanted to listen to her so called friends-"

Kaycee had enough.

"SHUT UP!"

The entire room vibrated from Kaycee's loud yell, as she slammed her hands on the table, standing up, her pupils wide in anger.

Brad looked shocked at her behaviour. He glared at her for a few seconds then quietly whispered, "Sit. Down."

"I need fresh air. I can't deal with your 'I'm superior' shit now." She announced, as she smoothly stepped out of the chair and strode straight over to the door, pushing it open and disappearing behind it.

"Uhhh... let me just-"

"No, you stay here." Brad stopped Sean, who had just barely got up from his chair. "I'm sure she can handle herself."

Sean didn't want to but agreed.

Even though the feeling didn't settle well in his stomach.

As soon as the fresh breeze hit her face, she instantly relaxed, taking a deep breath.

Back then, she usually had enough patience to deal with them on a regular basis. But these past few months, being with the Lew family showed her how a family works.

How being in a family is supposed to feel like.

And for some reason, being face to face with her parents again showed her again how toxic they were. Imposing their opinions, forcing her to do so the things they wanted her to do, restricting her from doing anything 'middle class' and these were only a few.

The lack of affection and support of her parents were in sharp contrast to the Sean's family and comparing them in her head became too much.

No wonder Devon....

No, not now Kaycee....

She could feel the tears prickling her eyes. Quickly wiping them away before any of the guards saw her even though they weren't around now, which was weird.

As she was rubbing her eyes, in her peripheral vision, she saw a hint of a shadowy figure zoom past at the corner of the building.

What the hell?

She was definitely losing her mind. Shaking her head at herself, she gathered up the courage to face her father again.

Sh turned around and a few steps in, she heard a few quiet footsteps behind her.

Her heart immediately picked up pace as she whipped her head around, her breathing heavy.

But she barely managed to turn around, when someone grabbed her arms and covered her mouth with a cloth.

_________________________________________

Next chapter will be up tomorrowww. That could mean a few hours for you since right now it's 11pm here.

But anyways, let me know if you're scared or if you think you know this mysterious dude.

No long author's note this time since I don't feel so well or hyped right now.

Butt,

I wanted to know if you would be interested in asking questions to me 😂 Idk why you would be but just comment if you think I should do it 😂😂

Bye love y'all ❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.9K 582 74
We're back up and running! This is a test run and possibly the new one shots book. Sean x Kaycee One Shots...let's try this again.
30.3K 1.7K 33
'Closer to happiness than I've ever been' Kaycee Rice-single Mom to Kayden Rice, lives her life as she tries to balance the weight of her own life an...
14.3K 505 16
• a sean and kaycee (short) fanfiction • she always wanted to tell him how she felt. but she's scared of what will happen after she does. he's not as...
35.9K 1.4K 27
Kaycee Rice has selective mutism. Her fears are constantly holding her back as she stays quiet and reserved, but will that change when she meets a sp...