Away with You - Five Hargreev...

By marvelobsessed743

Keely wasn't born on October 1st, 1989 like the rest of The Umbrella Academy. She was born almost two years l... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 20

1.3K 20 3
By marvelobsessed743

I closed my eyes for a minute but wasn't able to fall asleep to do the explosions that soon sounded.

My eyes snapped open and I stood up from my bed. I  ran to my door as fast as I could while the building was shaking. I walked out into the hallway and saw everybody racing out of the other rooms.

"What the hell is happening?" I yelled over the sounds of explosions.

Klaus raced up beside me and looked around.

"Are those explosions coming f-,"

"Vanya," Luther confirmed.

"We need to get to safety outside of the Academy," Pogo ordered.

Klaus, Diego, and I looked at Luther before turning and running down the hallway.

"Don't forget Mom!" Luther yelled after Diego, Klaus, and I.

"Got it!" I yelled as I ran.

I sprinted behind Diego and Klaus as they raced up the stairs and towards Graces spot.

"Mom!" Diego exclaimed as we rounded the corner.

"Where is she?" I asked loudly as more debris fell from the roof.

Klaus shook his head frantically before turning and running across the bridge and to the other side of the house. The three of us continually yelled for Grace but to no avail. She was nowhere to be found.

In one unlucky spot, the roof became so weak that a pile of debris fell upon us, knocking us to the ground.

I felt my head, there was a goose bump already. I groaned slightly and turned over onto my back. My head swam with dizziness as I looked up at the roof. It was about to collapse.

I pushed my hands out in front of me and the large blocks that were recently were about to fall stopped moving. Blue power was shot out of my hands as I pushed myself to my limit. It was unbearable. It felt as though I was holding a building upon my shoulder. Which I probably was.

I yelled out in pain and my arms fell back to my sides. I felt a hand grab ahold of my arm and pull me away from the danger zone. I looked back to where we had just been laying and saw that a giant piece of the roof had landed there mere seconds after.

"Holy shit," I gasped.

"Come on. Come on, come on!" Klaus exclaimed, grabbing onto Diego and I and dragging us away.

"Wait! What about Five? He could still be in here somewhere," I yelled, stopping to look at the destruction that was happening behind us.

"Keely, he's smart enough to get out. Trust me," Diego yelled back, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

"Hey-!" I exclaimed.

Diego ran with me on his shoulder, Klaus hot on his heels.

We approached a window and Diego put his foot through it, allowing for the three of us to climb out and onto the fire escape.

Klaus got down first and pulled Diego and I down onto the ground and away from the Academy that was now crumbling.

"You guys okay?" Klaus panted, looking back at the Academy.

"Hey, you just saved my life," Diego chuckled, grabbing ahold of Klaus's face.

The two men hugged before pulling me in as well.

I pulled away and looked back to the Academy. There she was. Mom was standing in an upper window, smiling and waving down at the three of us.

"Mom!"

"Get out of there!"

"Mom, get out!"

"I'm coming after you!" Diego yelled as he started for the building.

"Diego, no!" I yelled as Klaus and I grabbed his wrists.

"Get back!" Klaus yelled.

Diego struggled against our grip as the alleyway filled with dust. I could only hear explosions and crumbling around me. The dust finally settled and the Academy was gone. Completely gone.

Diego ran onto the pile of debris and looked around frantically.

"Mom? Mom!" he yelled as he looked around. "Guys! Come here! Help me search!"

Diego had gotten onto his hands and knees and was attempting to dig through the rubble.

Klaus and I exchanged looks of sadness before Klaus stepped forward and approached Diego.

"Diego, Diego! She's gone," he exclaimed, pulling Diego to his feet.

"What do you wanna do? You wanna-," Diego cried, his stutter beginning to re-surface. "Wanna walk away from this?"

"No," I mumbled quietly.

"What about Pogo?" Diego asked.

Klaus opened his mouth to speak when I heard Luthers voice from beside us.

"He didn't make it,"

My stomach dropped. Pogo was the father that Reginald never was during our childhood.

"What?" I faltered.

"Vanya killed him," Luther confirmed.

Klaus and I glanced at each other for a second before looking back to Luther.

Diego shook his head in denial.

"But Vanya wouldn't-,"

"No, I saw it. Just before we got out," Luther confirmed, cutting off Diego.

Diego looked at his feet.

"Mom. Now Pogo," he uttered.

I rubbed my forehead slightly before sitting down on a pile of rubble. Diego plopped himself down beside me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

Our lives really have gone to shit.

"Guys!"

I lifted my head from Diego's shoulder and saw Five stumbling over the rubble towards us. He had a newspaper in his hand and a troubled look on his face.

"This is it. The apocalypse is still on. The world ends today," Five claimed, waving the newspaper in the air.

I stood up from the ground and looked at him, my face holding a look of confusion.

"You said it was over," I denied, shaking my head.

Five gave me a look of sorrow before walking over to me and showing me the newspaper he had been holding. It was the newspaper we had found the day we had got stranded. The same headline. The same everything.

We failed.

"This newspaper, we found it in the future. The day we got stuck," Five explained, turning to look at the rest of his family.

"No, that doesn't mean anything. The time could've been altered since that newspaper came out this morning," Diego argued, shaking his head in denial.

Five put his hands out, trying his best to explain the situation.

"You're not listening to me. When we found it, I assumed this place came down along with everything else," he told everybody. "But here we are. The moons still shining, the Earth is in one piece. But not the Academy,"

Klaus stumbled forward and snatched the newspaper from Five. His eyes scanned over it before he tilted his head in confusion.

"I'm confused," he mumbled.

"Then listen to me, you idiot!" Five snapped. "Vanya destroys the Academy before the apocalypse. I thought Harold Jenkins was the cause, but he was the fuse,"

"Vanya's the bomb," I muttered in realization.

"Vanya causes the apocalypse," I told everyone loudly.

"We have to find her," Luther muttered.

As Luther came to that conclusion, helicopter blades could be heard spinning above us. My head whipped upwards and I was blinded temporarily by the spotlight that the helicopter was equipped with.

"We gotta go, now. Regroup at the SuperStar. Go!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 440 14
Fourteen years ago your parents died. Fourteen years ago you started your journey to avoid death from the same people who killed your parents. You a...
344 0 18
Number 8 or Quinlin Hargreeves the youngest girl in the Umbrella Academy. Being a Telekinetic she learnt the ways of controlling her powers, When sh...
5.4K 139 36
โ˜ž ๐šƒ๐š„๐™ฐ ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šœ๐š˜๐š— ๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ - ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šœ๐š˜๐š— ๐š๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐™€๐™”๐™€ ๐™Š๐™ ๐™๐™ƒ๐™€ ๐™Ž๐™๐™Š๐™๐™ˆ - แด€ แด›แด‡แดแด˜แดส€แด€ส€ส แด˜แด‡แด€แด„แด‡๊œฐแดœสŸ แด›ษชแดแด‡ แด€แดษชแด…๊œฑแด› แดแดส€แด‡ แด›ส€แดแดœส™สŸแด‡ แด€ษดแด… ๊œฑแด›ส€ษช๊œฐแด‡ สแด‡แด› แด›แด...
48.4K 1K 30
"What the hell happend? How did I got here?" "It is okay number eight, you're save here." Fem!reader On October the first 1989,the 12th hour of the d...