Deafening Silence | George We...

By imweirdthatway

George Weasley lost an ear, taking away 50% of his hearing. But after the traumas of the war he lost most of... More

Character Aesthetics
1
2.
3.
4.
5.
6
7
8.
10
11
12
13.
14
15
16
17
18
19.
Alternate Plotline
20.
21.
22.
23
24
25

9

5.7K 233 79
By imweirdthatway

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me you'll always be there for me

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯↠◦↞⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

When Iris said she knew a place, George had not imagined this. The two stood in a queue for a carnival entry.

"So what exactly is this?"

Iris took her notepad out to write her answer since she couldn't use magic in front of muggles. "A carnival"

"CAR-NI-VAL" George said out loud and Iris nodded.
"And what do we do here?"

"You'll see" The girl was beyond excited to introduce muggle things to George.

Adeliene's parents were both wizards and when the girls were 12 and 13 respectively, Adeliene's mum married Iris' dad. By birth, Iris was a muggleborn and despite being in Hogwarts, her father made sure to give her an experience of all muggle things.

Carnivals were her favorite and she had seen enough movies to plan an ideal date at a Carnival.

"Ask for two adult passes" she wrote down for George and he bought the Tickets through the muggle money they had.

Walking through the entrance, George was blown away. He had never seen anything like this.

Iris was excited to show him around and so she grabbed his hand and pulled him through the crowd. Pointing out her favorite places as George looked at them with no words.

To ease George into the rides, Iris took him to the carousel. "This is a carousel. You sit on one of the animals and it goes around. It's a fun slow ride." She explained.

Iris sat down on the white horse and beside her George on the black one.

"Now what?" He asked but before Iris could answer, the carousel started turning. George was amazed by it and bombarded the girl with questions who only laughed.
The two were looking around for their next ride when George pointed out to a small rollercoaster track, "What's that?" He asked.

She quirked her eyebrow at him, "not that one yet. It's scary"

The boy scoffed, "how could it be scary? It looks like a train track. Let's go check it out!" He pulled her towards the line.

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you"

"How bad could it possibly be!?" He asked with confidence. She pointed to the roller coaster ride which was now starting. The coaster picked up speed as people screamed in excitement and fear at once.

"You still want to go?" George looked at the coaster in horror. This was not what he was expecting.
She smirked at him in victory.

"No! I'll go! I have Gryffindor blood in me!" He puffed his chest out. Iris rolled her eyes.

As the two got closer to sitting onto the roller coaster, George because slightly more nervous.

"You sure?"

"I'm not scared of anything!" He stated and Iris shrugged.
They sat almost at the front of the cart, their seat belts on and George gulping.

The coaster started to slowly climb up the tracks in a slow speed, "Okay this is slower than I-" the boy never got the chance to finish his sentence as they dropped almost vertically.

Screams around them as some people covered their eyes, some let go of their hands and some whooping. As for George, Iris had never heard him scream louder as he dug his head into Iris' shoulder.

The girl on the other hand was enjoying the speed and the Adrenaline that rushed through her. She patted George's head mid ride telling him to look in front but he refused, tightening his grip on the girl.

It wasn't the speed that scared George, it was the uncertainty of coming back alive.

When the coaster stopped at the exit, he was ready to throw up even though he hadn't eaten anything.

"I warned you!" Iris told him as the duo sat on an empty bench giving George time to calm his nerves.

"You could've said 'this is a life or death situation'!" He said exasperated. Iris laughed at his ridiculousness and received a playful whack on her shoulder.

"Do you think you can eat anything yet?" She asked him and he shook his head.

"Okay, let's play some games!"

George followed Iris through the crowd quizzically. She stopped in front of a stall. The boy at the stall explained the game to George very generously instead of judging him for not knowing and Iris was grateful.

"Knock those glass off with these three balls and you win any prize you want" Iris held up two fingers indicating that they wanted to play twice.

Iris took the first three shots and she managed to knock out some of the glasses but failed to knock them all over and so not winning a prize.

"Don't worry Iris! I'll get you this prize!" George was being over dramatic again, "Lucky for you, I play Quidditch and have to play chaser sometimes when Bill wants to play Beater" he said.

It was safe to say that George did manage to win.
"My lady" The boy bowed in front of the girl handing her the penguin stuffed toy she had picked.

She curtsied as she took it from him. Thank you!" The girl signed.

After munching on different snacks (some George had had before thanks to Arthur), playing different games (and winning some) as well as laughing at George's awful jokes, Iris and George were ready to retire.

"We have two more things to do and then we go home" she told the boy.

Walking up at a Candy floss counted she asked for two pink ones paying the vendor and then walking up to George.

"Candy Floss?" Iris handed him one of the sticks. The candy floss was covered with a plastic wrap on top which George was fiddling with.

"This looks weird" He said as Iris pulled him to a dark corner. She looked around before taking her wand out and shrinking the candies.

"Why are you doing that?" The girl stuffed them into her pocket before joining a queue for another ride.

"Why did you shrink it?" George asked. The girl took her notepad out and wrote on it, "no food allowed on the ride. I have to hide it"

"Iris! You mustn't break rules!" He gasped and Iris jumped up and smacked his head.

"What is this?" George asked looking at the giant thing in front of it.

"The best one yet"

They walked up to one of the carriages and sat down in it as the ride started slowly. "It's called a Ferris wheel"

"I've seen one of these in London. Never knew what it was" Iris nodded. She enlarged the candy floss and took the plastic wrap out for George. He poked it with its finger and quizzically looked at it.

"What am I supposed to do?" He asked. Iris simply tore a small bit from the stick and brought it up to his lips. He opened his mouth and she put the candy floss in.

The boy jumped as his eyes widened, "it disappeared!" Iris laughed at him and nodded. "It's so sweet! And light! And it vanishes!" George said as he held it up before him. "I love it! We have to get some for Fred before we leave"
The girl smiled at him and his enthusiasm about candy floss.

The Ferris wheel was climbing up and so Iris pointed to the left. George's eyes seemed to sparkle as he saw the city lights that twinkled like stars in the sky. His mouth gaped as his eyes glued to the busy city, taking in shaky breaths of awe.

Iris only looked at him and his reaction, he looked so surprised and she absolutely loved it. "That's beautiful!" He said not taking his gaze off the view.

The Ferris wheel started to descend and George's she's moved to Iris who was still looking at him with a smile. The eye contact was longer than it should've been as Iris and George felt themselves lean towards each other.
Their foreheads touched as their eyes still looked at each other's. The gap between them grew smaller and smaller and suddenly the Ferris wheel jerked to a stop and Iris' nose bumped into George's.

The two groaned externally at the pain and internally at the horrible timing of the wheel.

It was an understatement to say that George had the most fun since the war. For a while he forgot everything bad and traumatic that had happened and just smiled. He was happy.

Iris and George were back in the streets of Diagon Alley as they walked in silence. Her hand was lost in the warmth of his and her body slightly leaning into his shoulder.

Suddenly, (or not so suddenly because they simply didn't notice how cloudy it was) small raindrops started falling like beads and smashing into the ground.

The duo continued walking until the rain slowly built up its pace, now very heavy. Iris immediately held up her wand and an invisible umbrella appeared from it, covering both her and George but the boy had other plans.

Walking straight out of the umbrella, he jumped into a puddle like a small child. Iris motioned him to come back under the shade but he refused to do it.

George stood in the middle of the empty street, arms spread out, facing the sky and soaking in the rain and Iris couldn't help but get rid of the umbrella, feeling the rain like George was.

Their walking soon turned into a 'who can attack the other by kicking the puddle water towards them' contest and it was safe to say that Iris was losing.

As the winds got colder and the two 'adults' who were mentally 5, got more and more tired, George dropped Iris off to her apartment. She offered for him to come inside but he refused.

So the two stood in the doorway, completely drenched and smiling like idiots, waiting for the other one to make a move.

"I had a lot of fun! We should go to the Carvinal again!" George said excitedly and Iris chuckled at his mispronunciation, not bothering to correct him.
She nodded as she leaned her back to the side of the doorframe, George standing right in front of her.

There it was again, the elongated stares, the hands not ready to leave each other's warmth, the rich of adrenaline and the pounding of the hearts. George suddenly seemed a lot closer to Iris that he was before and Iris seemed to stand up much taller than when she was leaning on the frame. Their lips not close enough to meet but close enough to feel each other's fast breaths.

George leaned over and lightly kissed Iris' small nose to tease her but when he looked down to kiss her lips, she let out the smallest sneeze the boy had ever seen.

After a second of no movement, the two let out laughs with their faces completely red from embarrassment as well as the feeling of being completely smitten with each other.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked, hesitant to leave. Iris nodded with a small smile and a red face. He turned on his heels to walk away from her but instead of taking steps away from her, George turned around suddenly, startling Iris a little bit, and walked up to her.

"I forgot something" George told her and she looked at him, puzzled. Cupping her face with his warm hands, the boy leaned in and kissed her. Iris froze on her spot for a seconds before kissing him back.
"This"

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯↠◦↞⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

555K 21.7K 76
"๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ." "๐˜๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ." โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Following the events of the...
150 14 10
"๐†๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐š ๐๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ซ..?" "๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ, ๐‡๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ." โ”€โ”€โ”€ ยท ใ€‚๏พŸโ˜†: *.โ˜ฝ .* :โ˜†๏พŸ...
60.2K 2.2K 7
Her entire 5th year at Hogwarts felt like a cauldron boiling perilously out of control, ready to explode at any given point. So when Hermione catches...
2.2M 61.1K 68
Hanging over George's back, you grunted, "Seriously, put me down, Weasley." He shook his head and laughed gleefully while he carried you downstairs...