My Heroic Destiny

By JustSomeWriter327

What if Izuku took Bakugo's advice and jumped. What if he died, it wouldn't affect anyone but his mother, so... More

Part One - Life as it Was
A New Life and a New Companion
Roaring Light
An Electric Strike
Rage You Damn Guardian!
Ace Versus Kacchan
Do Your Best Guardian!
Encounter with the True Enemy
The Death of the Guardian

The Shining Light That Pushes Beyond

4.7K 102 60
By JustSomeWriter327

Izuku found himself sprinting to Dagobah Beach. "Of course All Might wants to talk." He said as he neared the entrance to the beach. "And of course he only gives me a 5minute notice to haul my ass here." He said as he came to a stop to look for All Might in whatever form he was in.

'If he's working at UA now, I wouldn't doubt he has more work to do now Guardian.' Ghost said as Izuku spotted All Might in his deflated form waving to him. Izuku started to run over to him. 

"Hey, Toshinori!" Izuku yelled as he ran up to his mentor.

"Congrats on getting in kid, I know some of the time was rough, but you did good." Toshinori said as he high fived Izuku.

"You know most of it couldn't have been done without you or Ghost." Izuku said as Ghost appeared and floated around the two.

"In all that time, he even unlocked a new ability during the test." Ghost reported to Toshinori.

"Good, oh and I didn't tell anyone at UA that I had been training you or anything." Izuku looked confused for a second. "Really, I wasn't one of the judges or did I pull any strings for you, you got this all on your own kid."

"Good to know UA accepts me fully, having the scores I got might make me look like an overachiever." Izuku laughed. "Though I will say I am surprised to hear that you're going to start teaching at UA this year."

"Yeah, the school didn't want me telling anyone until they made an official announcement, and as my luck would have it, I found you to be my successor." Toshinori said as he walked to the surf and looked out to the horizon.

"You sure it was your luck or mine? Actually, my lucks pretty bad now that I look back at it. Your power wrecked my body, if I didn't have Ghost by my side, I'm sure I'd be in a hospital bed." Izuku said as he stood beside Toshinori as Ghost floated around their shoulders.

"Two broken legs, and almost every bone in his right arm was powder. The combined powers of the quirk and light is amazing." Ghost said as Izuku and Toshinori chuckled.

"Listen kid, this power isn't something you can just master. It would be like asking a baby to run a marathon, but it has yet to walk. The power you hold now is greater than mine, and we sorta rushed your training a little. With your Ghost and the Light, you will master One for All faster than I did, that's for sure." Toshinori explained as he turned around and started walking away.

"I fear I may need to rush a lot of stuff soon. The Light is like a beacon, I feel like I'm giving myself away. What's that old quote I read, where there is light, darkness is not that far away?" Izuku said as he turned to look at his mentor.

"Well no matter what, you have my assistance and the schools. I'm sure if you need anything specially made, the support course could help you as well." Toshinori said, "Well anyway, school starts tomorrow, and you better be ready for whatever is thrown your way."

"Yes sir, I will be." Izuku said as he clenched his fist.

_____

Izuku awoke to look at his plain looking ceiling as he sat up. "Ghost, what's today?" Izuku mumbled as he threw off his bed sheets. 

"Guardian, it's the first day for you to attend UA, you start in 30 minutes. I've been trying to wake you for the past hour." Ghost responded with urgency. 

"Shit!" Izuku yelled as he grabbed his bag from his desk and ran to the door. "Put my uniform on like we do my suit!" Izuku yelled as a flash occurred as he stood in his UA uniform, and just as quickly as it was on, he was out the door. 

"27 minutes Guardian, it's 24 to the school at full sprint." Ghost reported as Izuku followed multiple directions from his Ghost through the streets of Japan. 

"Fuck." Izuku said as he continued to run. Multiple minutes later, he ran up the steps of UA and into the halls. Following some last instructions from Ghost, he stood in front of his class. 'Fuck, I made it. Holy shit I need to wake up on time.' Izuku thought as he looked himself over, making sure he was ready. 

"Take your feet off that desk now." Izuku could hear muffled talking from inside as he opened the door to see what the commotion was. He saw the boy from the entrance exams yelling at Bakugo. "It's the first day, and you are already disrespecting school property by scuffing it you cretin." 

"Your kidding me right, did your old school put a stick up your as? Or where you born with it?" Bakugo replied as he looked at the kid.

"Lets all start over shall we. I am Tenya Ilda from the Somei Private Academy." Ilda introduced himself. 

"Somei huh, you must think your better than us! Well I'm going to have fun tearing you a new one" Bakugo sneered as Izuku heard the door start to open behind him.

"You would threaten me, your own classmate? Are you sure your in the right place?" Ilda said, looking taken aback.

"You get used to his yelling and threats, trust me." Izuku told Ilda as the whole class finally took notice of him. 

"Its him." Ilda said as he looked at Izuku.

"That's a little bland don't you think." Izuku smirked. 

"My name is..." Ilda approached Izuku.

"Yeah yeah, I heard it all. You two could be heard on the other side of the door." Izuku interrupted the boy as he waved his hand. "Sounds like you two get along well. Anyway, names Izuku Midoriya." 

"Yes well Midoriya, in the exam, you realized there was a hidden grading requirement, didn't you?" Ilda asked as the class perked up. "You must be extremely perceptive, and I completely misjudged you. 

"No, I was just doin whatever I wanted to during that whole thing." Izuku said boredly as the class listened on. "So what if I helped or saved a few people, that's sorta in the job description of being a hero I feel."

"Hey I recognize that messy hair, it's the one punch dude." Izuku heard a voice behind him as he turned to see the girl he saved. "I can't believe I get to see you again, not that surprised though, that punch was amazing." The girl said.

"Is that a wide spread nickname, cause punching really ain't my style believe or not." Izuku chuckled as he looked down to she a yellow bag. "But I feel that shouldn't be the worry right about now."

The bag started to unzip as a face came out. "If you're here to make friends, you can pack up your stuff now." Everyone near the doorway froze as a man said this while laying in the hall. "Welcome to the hero course." He said as he pulled a juice pouch from his sleeping bag.

'What the hell am I looking at.' Izuku thought as he looked at the man as he began to stand and take the sleeping bag off.

"It took you eight seconds for all of you to shut up, that's not going to work. Time is precious, rational students would understand that." The man said as he walked into the room.

'It wouldn't be to far of a guess to say he's our teacher, but who is he?' Izuku thought as he watched the man closely. 

"Hello, I'm Shota Aizawa." The man introduced himself, "I'll be serving as your teacher." He said as the class looked shocked. "Right, let's get to it. Put these on," He said as he pulled a gym uniform from his bag, " and head outside."

_____

"A quirk assessment test?" The majority of the class said as they stood outside.

"But orientation, we're going to miss it." Uraraka said.

"If you want to make it to the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies. Here at UA, we are not tethered to traditions. That means I get to run my class however I see fit." Aizawa said as the class looked shocked. "You've been taking standardized test for most your lives, but you never got to use your quirks in physical exams before. The country is still trying to pretend that we are all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel, it's not rational. One day the Ministry of Education will learn. Midoriya, you managed to score the most hero and villain points in the entrance exam, what was your farthest distance throw with a softball in junior high?" Aizawa asked after describing the unfairness of the world.

"43 meters sir." Midoriya answered.

'That nerd got the highest score! How!' Bakugo was yelling subconsciously. 

"Right, try doing it with your quirk." Aizawa said. 'Come and show us your show problem child.'

Izuku walked up to the circle as he held a softball that Aizawa had handed him. 'Besides One for All, none of my current abilities buff my throwing range. If I use striker, it could hide One for All's activation though.' Izuku thought as arc energy started to form around his fist and up his arms. Next he started to activate One for All all over his body as green and blue sparks started to bounce around his upper torso, and red veins appeared over his body.

'That looked like two separate powers activating. And that doesn't look like that flaming revolver he used in the entrance exam. I know this kid hung around Toshinori, but what exactly is he.' Aizawa thought as he looked upon the light show that was Izuku.

'Guardian, both powers are fully activated. Are you sure you want to test having One for All activated all over your body here? We aren't quite sure what will happen.' Ghost started talking to Izuku as he prepared to throw the ball.

'No time like the present Ghost.' Izuku shot back as he brought his arm back. The sparks grew more violent as his arm whipped forward and the ball broke the sound barrier almost immediately. Most the class was thrown off their feet, as some were able to barely stay upright. 'And look at that, no broken bones.' Izuku said in the mental link.

'And the kid didn't disappoint.' Aizawa thought as he looked at his screen to see the infinity symbol. 'While I doubt he broke orbit, I wouldn't be surprised if the ball fell apart mid flight.' Aizawa thought

'How did this damn nerd get so powerful.' Bakugo thought as he looked at half of the class who were on their asses.

"That was so manly dude. Way to start the fun." A red haired kid said as he helped a girl up next to him.

"Right, this is going to be so fun!" The girl exclaimed.

"So this looks fun? You have three years here to become a hero. You think its going to be all fun and games, idiots. Today you will compete in eight physical test to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none, and will be expelled immediately." Aizawa threatened as the class looked frightened.

'So that's how the game is? This should be fun. Remind me to get some ramen after this Ghost, I feel it will be well deserved.' Izuku thought as he started to smile.

'Please, for the sake of your future class, hold back a bit Guardian.' Ghost said.

"Like I said, I get to decide how this class is run. If you don't like it, you can head home right now." Aizawa said as more of the class started to regain their confidence. 

"But you can't send one of us home. We just got here." Uraraka started to complain. "Even if it wasn't the first day, that isn't fair."

"Uraraka, fairness isn't a word in most peoples vocabulary." Izuku said before Aizawa could start his own sentence. "Mr.Aizawa said it earlier, we aren't born equal, not anymore. Some people aren't born with the power needed to save the day." Izuku choose his words carefully as images from his past flashed in his mind. "But some people do have that power, and use it against the people who have none. Fairness is a limiter people have. And the people that aim to kill innocents, have broken that limiter long ago." Izuku said as he looked Bakugo in the eye for some of it.

"Couldn't be better said Midoriya. Now show me why you are here, plus ultra style he said, beckoning to the class." Aizawa said.

'I left out that said power could be ripped away in an instant. That said power could easily be turned against the ones in protected.' Izuku said as he recalled the stories Ghost told him. 'But that the power would still be in all places, waiting for the worthy to wield it.' 

___Test 1 - 50 Meter Dash___

Izuku stood next to Bakugo as they stood at the starting line. Many of the class had gone already, and Izuku had taken notes of some. "Runners on your mark!" The automated tester announced. Izuku crouched down as One for All started to course through his body. "Ready! Go!" The bot announced as Izuku shot forward.

"3.42 Seconds! 4.13 Seconds!" Izuku looked back to see the smoke rolling off Bakugo's palms.

 'About half a second faster, he's probably pissed.' Izuku thought as he held his head high at his 3.42.

'How the fuck! How!' Bakugo was internally screaming again.

___Test 2 - Grip Strength___
Izuku Passed With a Score of 75.8 kg.

___Test 3 - Standing Long Jump___
Izuku Passed
(Flew past the sand pit.)

___Test 4 - Repeated Side Steps___
Izuku Passed With a Score of 45 Steps in a Minute.

___Test 5 - Ball Throw___
Izuku's Score From Before Counted - Infinity.
(Ball broke apart from excessive G-force.)

___Test 6 - Distance Run__
Izuku Passed First
(Stopped due to time restraints.)

___Test 7 - Seated Toe-Touch___
Izuku Passed 

___Test 8 - Sit ups___
Izuku Passed
(Stopped due to time restraints.)

Izuku stood up from finishing his sit ups as Aizawa had told him to stop. He watched as the rest of the class looked slightly drained and tired as Aizawa started to move them back to the first field for results. 'All in all, today was a success in my book.' Izuku thought as he walked with the rest of the class.

__________

Ok, while this chapter is late as hell. First sorry, second I started another year of schooling. Anyway I'll get back to writing more consistently, I swear.

NEXT TIME - RAGE YOU DAMN GUARDIAN!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 6.4K 60
My first story Izuku Midoriya could have been born quirkless, but not here. Here he was born with a basic quirk, to be able to Rip and Tear anything...
26.2K 602 25
🎉*Completed*🎊 Izuku Midoriya was a quirkless boy who wanted to be a hero really badly but couldn't for his lack of a quirk. People around him would...
167K 2K 15
Izuku Midoriya was born without a special power or quirk, but when he dies to save a girl, a few goddesses may just bring him back with the power to...
1K 75 13
What if several tragic events meet in quick succession and drive the boy to the brink? A broken dream in early childhood Losing your best friend to r...