In Your Shadow

By dawnEclipse_

Right after the event of Sasuke killing his brother, Itachi, Danzou take the chance to finally exterminate th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Faded Light
Chapter 2: In His Shadow
Chapter 3: Naruto's Despair
Chapter 4: Changes and Jealousy
Chapter 5: Love in Genjutsu
Chapter 7: The Abduction
Chapter 8: The Truth
Chapter 9: Failed Acceptance
Chapter 10: Plan to Love Part I
Chapter 11: Plan to Love Part II
Chapter 12: Your Light
Epilogue

Chapter 6: Warmth Under The Moonlight

1.2K 56 28
By dawnEclipse_

| Uzumaki Naruto

"Naruto!" Sakura-chan called me while I am eating at Ichiraku.

"What it is, Sakura-chan?" I asked finishing my third bowl of ramen.

"Tsunade-sama is looking for you." She answered.

Woah?! Could it be another mission?

I immediately stand and wave goodbye to Sakura-chan.

"So you want me to.."

I can hear some voices from the Hokage's office but I disregarded it and welcomed myself inside without bothering knocking.

"Tsunade-obbaa chan!" I happily called but it turned into confusion because of their reactions.

Tsunade-obbaa chan looks shocked while Shizune-nee chan looks worried. I look at the other person in this room. He's an ANBU and---

"Y-YOU!" I shouted pointing my index finger on him.

He didn't react at all, instead, look back at Tsunade-obbaa chan.

That's right! He's the man who kissed me months ago! I can still remember his features and I can't be mistaken.

He made his way out of the office and I still look mad while watching him leave. 

"Naruto. What's with that attitude?" Tsunade-obbaa chan ask, getting my attention.

"B-Because--!" I crossed my arms, pouting.

"Because?"

"Nothing."

I decided not to tell what happened to Tsunade-obbaa chan since she might laugh and tease me about it. It's embarrassing, you know.

"If you said so."

I suddenly remembered something. "Tsunade-obbaa chan, Sakura-chan told me you're looking for me."

"Ah, yes. You have a mission."

I knew it!

"What is it? What is it?" I asked, excitedly.

"You'll be going to the border of Fire country to be a hidden protector of Sunagakure."

"Protector? Of Sunagakure? What? Why?"

"There will be a trade of scroll between the Sunagakure and Amegakure and it will take place tonight in our country's border. The Sand seems to be suspicious about it and ask us to be a back-up in case something goes wrong. Since almost all of the chunin and jounin are out for missions, you'll be executing this mission alone." She explained.

I pouted and crosses my arms. "So I'm just going to do this because there's no one else to do it?"

"Stop whining and just do it." Tsunade-obbaa chan said, continuing her work. "I forgot, an ANBU will be accompanying you in this mission."

"I thought I'm doing this alone?!" I whined. "I don't need the help of some random ANBU. Ne, Tsunade-obbaa chaaan!"

"Naruto!" She shouted making me flinch and salute in response.

"Copy, Tsunade-obbaa chan!" I immediately dashed out of the room and made my way back to my apartment.

Geez, she's so scary.

Time went by and it's noon already. We'll be departing now to observe the place before the trade takes place.

I'm on the Konoha's gate now and there's still no sign of the ANBU that will accompany me. I waited, and waited.

Still no sign of whoever that is!

I annoyingly stomped my feet and was about to head to Hokage's office when I see someone standing near a tree.

An ANBU.

I walked to him and rant.

"Oi.. do you know what time is it?! You're slower than a turtle!"

He slightly moved his body, facing me. And that's the time I realized it's him.

"Y-You---!"

He didn't pay attention to me and instead starts moving along the trees.

"You baka!!!" I screamed before following him.

I spent the entire journey glaring at him while he remain unfazed about it.

What's wrong with this asshole? He reminds me of some stupid, cold hearted man.

That asshole, Sasuke.

I mentally sigh and focus my sight on the way.

We both stopped when we reach our destination. It's a plain field inside the forest. It's around 6 o'clock now and anytime, the trade might takes place.

We made our way to a hidden spot and place down our things. No one was talking.

Suddenly it became too quiet and only the sound of the air can be heard. I often find myself checking him out. He's currently sitting on top of a rock, observing the place while I'm staring at him from below.

His skin is so pale like a snow. He might be a little taller than me and some of his hair is deep black in color. Just like Sasuke's.

I smiled out of nowhere.

I really miss him.

With the help of my friends and everyone around me, I was able to be back at my old cheerful self. The first months were really difficult I even feel like giving up. But I know Sasuke won't want that so I did my best to be okay.

Then I remembered.

I touched my lips and look at him again. This time I found him staring back.

I can feel my face heat up so I diverted my gaze elsewhere.

Now it's kind of uncomfortable. I haven't even asked him why he kissed me that time. And I hate myself to confess that I liked it.

I mentally pouted and apologize.

Forgive me, Sasuke. It's just that it felt like I'm kissing you.

I feel some presence around so I stand and look at the field. I noticed that the ANBU is already standing on a tree, observing. I do the same and jump on the other tree.

I can see the two parties facing each other with a good distance. Both of their representatives walk at the middle and hold their scrolls.

Everyone was alert and silent. Just when they about to exchange, an explosion happen, covering the entire area.

"Shit." I muttered, jumping down to look for the Suna shinobi.

I can hear them fighting, flying kunais and even different element of ninjutsu.

"This is bad." I thought to myself.

I joined the fight, protecting every Sand shinobi that I can see.

"You're a leaf shinobi! Why are you here?" Asked by an amegakure shinobi.

"I don't feel like answering that! Why are you fighting? Aren't you going to trade?!" I asked back, exchanging throws with them.

"We know that they will betray us so it's better to act beforehand!" I feel my blood boiling and punch him hard making him lose consciousness.

"Man.. is that how people really thinks?" I said.

Who the heck will bother to start an alliance if there's no trust to begin with?

I suddenly feel a bump on my back making me instantly pointing my kunai.

I see the ANBU protecting me from someone who just about to attack me a while ago. He kick the man and continue fighting with the others so I did the same. I started taking the injured sand shinobis and take them to a safe place.

The fight continues. I am carrying an injured shinobi when a flying kunai with explosive tag came moving towards me.

"Fuck." I duck, covering the sand shinobi in my arms.

A loud explosion happened and the area was filled with smoke.

I opened my eyes and saw the sand shinobi safe. When I look above me, I saw the ANBU covering me, his mask is damage slightly revealing his left eye.

He stood up and help me stand. That's when I noticed his arms covered with blood.

"Your arms.." he ignored me and helped the other shinobi as well.

The fight ended and fortunately having low numbers of injured sand shinobi. The amegakure retreated and they concluded that the treaty of alliance will be demolished.

I talked with Sunagakure and made my way to the ANBU.

He's sitting beside a tree.

I guess we should stay somewhere for tonight since it'll be dangerous to head home in this time. And the fact that he's injured too.

"Hey, let's look for a place to stay in." I said.

He look at me and stand, starting to move. He's ignoring his bleeding arms as if it doesn't hurt at all.

ANBU doesn't have feelings?

We reached a cave and settle there. Before I decided to treat his wound, I gather some woods and light it up since it's too dark.

He's sitting on a corner, having a hard time treating his wound since both of his arms are injured.

I went beside him and get the towel on his hand.

The silence covered the place.

I covered his arms and was about to move away when I noticed a blood on his forehead.

I reached out for his mask to carefully remove it. He become stiff due to my action.

I saw how beautiful his dark eyes. It's really like Sasuke's.

I completely removed his mask when the light from the fire burns out.

I can feel his hand holding my wrist, as if he wants to stop me from removing it. But I am now holding the mask on my hand and staring at him.

I can barely see his eyes. It was too dark.

I gulp, feeling something from his touch on my wrist. I'm not sure but I can feel him staring back at me and it sent something inside my heart making it beats faster.

I am seeing Sasuke now. For real.

My mind knows he is not but I can't stop myself.

I slowly close the gap between us, connecting our lips. I can feel him tensed up with the sudden action but surprisingly, he didn't pull back.

I started moving my lips which he gladly kissed back. He guided his hands to my waist, pulling me closer until I'm sitting on his lap.

Fuck. I can't stop.

He pulls back, kissing my cheeks and jaw, down to my neck. I can feel his teeth biting my skin gently. He started sucking my neck, earning a soft moan from me. He stopped, looking at me. My cheeks turned red when I realized he heard it.

"I---" he cut me off, kissing me again. Deeper this time.

I kissed back and fight for dominance which he clearly won. His hand made its way inside my shirt, feeling every bit of my skin. I moan softly, triggering him more.

We pull back to catch some air. He pull me into his chest, hugging me tightly. I can hear his fast heart beats in sync with mine.

"Sasuke.." I called out unconsciously.

I feel his body tensed up making me realized what I just said.

I look outside, seeing the moon shining in the night sky.

He put his arms around me, providing warmth in this cold night.

Forgive me.

For doing this because I see Sasuke in you.

I still love him, will always.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.7K 1.2K 16
Sasuke left the village saying his last goodbyes to Y/n, To go and kill his brother Itachi. What will happen to Y/n now? How will she feel towards hi...
4.8K 152 10
[ItaNaru] Despite Minato's impending death, he found himself hoping against hope for his friend to come. The only person he would be able to entrust...
400K 15.6K 29
I'm the man that people hire when they want a dirty job done. And I've kidnapped the country's beloved prince Naruto on a mission since I had such a...
51.4K 995 24
The wonderful continuation of Kamina and Sasuke's love. Will Sasuke be able to forget about revenge for his dearest love or will he choose hatred ove...