Bruised (Not Edited)|✔️

By cara____melo

Ava Carter was a 17 year old orphan. She was a member of the Crystal Blue Pack. She was the punching bag in h... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue

Chapter 19

171K 4.5K 1.6K
By cara____melo

Ava's POV

Warmth.

I was engulfed in warmth. I snuggled up closer to the warmth feeling oddly comfortable. With a satisfied sigh, I got even more comfortable and went back to my deep slumber.

I woke up and stretched my limbs with a bright smile. Last night I had the best sleep that I have ever had in my entire life.

I opened my eyes and blinked the sleep away. I tried to move, but felt something holding me down preventing me from moving.

I tried moving again and after another failed attempt, I gave up with a huff.

I heard mumbling behind me and felt something, or rather someone tighten their hold around me.

I blush a crimson red when I saw a strong arm wrapped protectively around me. I have never slept in a bed with a man before, and I was freaking out.

My heartbeat and my breathing sped up just thinking of being this close to someone. I was full on panicking right now.

Like, what do I do?

Do I just lay here and pretend that I'm sleeping until he woke up?

Do I wake him up?

Do I-

"Relax. Stop overthinking it" a raspy voice spoke up behind me and then I felt a butterfly kiss behind my ear.

That didn't seem to help calm me down, because I was more freaked out than before. I was pretty sure this was a dream, so I pinched myself to wake up before I did something stupid.

I winced in pain and realized that it was too late to do something stupid when I heard him chucking behind me. I could feel the vibrations from his chest as he chuckled.

"This is not a dream, although I must say that I find it endearing that you dream of me" he said, while I recovered from my embarrassment.

"I do not dream of you" I denied.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night" he replied.

"Asshole" I muttered.

"Hey. I heard that"

"That was the point" I said with a smirk that he couldn't see.

"You're going to regret saying that" he threatened playfully.

"Make me"

"With pleasure"

Just like that I was flipped on my back and he was straddling my waist with a mischievous smile.

"What are you doing?" I asked wearily.

His reply was to tickle me. I began laughing as he tickled my sides. If he didn't stop tickling me soon, I was sure to pee myself.

"You have to say that 'I'm hot', for me to stop tickling you" he grinned.

"Never"

"Ok then" he said and continued his assault on my sides.

"Ok fine. You're hot!" I exclaimed just for him to let me go.

As the words tumbled out of my mouth, he stopped and fell back to his side of the bed.

I struggled to regain my breathing and focused my attention on the ceiling. Now that I wasn't laughing my ass off, it was now quiet and awkward.

I've never been around Jayden this long, let alone slept beside him. I didn't know what to say or what to do, and this was making me anxious.

He too was quiet beside me and I dared not spare him a glance. I wanted to say something, anything to break the growing tension between us.

"I-" we both started to say at the same time.

"You go first" I insisted wanting to know what he was about to say.

"No, it's fine. You go first"

"I insist" I said, just because I didn't want to voice my concerns first.

I lay on my side to look at him. He ran a hand down his face and let out a long sigh. He looked like he was having an internal battle with himself, with his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.

"I'm sorry" he finally let out.

"Sorry for what?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"For everything, I know that you might never forgive me, but I just want you to know that I truly am sorry. I was an asshole to you the entire time that you were here, and when you ran away, I didn't even search for you. It wasn't until my beta talked some sense into me that I actually went out searching for you. If I hadn't come looking for you when I did, I'm afraid of what they would have done to you." He confessed looking at me with guilt and regret written across his face.

I wanted more than anything to hate him, but I just couldn't find the strength to hate him. I was hurt without a doubt and I probably won't be able to forgive him for a long time, but at least I knew that he regretted the way he treated me.

I always hoped that one day he would change and be the mate for me, but at the same time I didn't know if I could trust him, yet.

I didn't know how to respond to him, so I stayed quiet. I didn't know if I could trust or believe a word he was saying.

It all felt too good to be true.

"I know that you'll need time and space. You can stay here for as long as you like and if you want to leave, you're free to go" he continued and got off the bed.

He walked out of the room and left me all by myself with my thoughts. This was all too confusing. Here he was acting like the mate that I have always wanted, the mate that I always needed.

I knew in my heart that I would never be able to just up and leave again, not when he showed me there was more to him apart from his usual brooding personality.

I needed time to heal, both physically and emotionally. God knows that I wanted him, but at the same time I wanted to make sure that he wasn't just putting up a nice guy act for my benefit.

Waking up in the same bed as my mate was the best feeling in the world. I wanted nothing more than to have his arms wrapped around me right now.

Being the weird person that I was, I buried my face in his pillow and inhale his mouthwatering scent. I could smell his scent for days and still never get tired of it. His scent was all I needed to make me feel safe and calm. His pillow was officially my new favorite thing in the whole world... Well, until I decide if he was worth forgiving.

After having my face buried in his pillow for minutes, my stomach decided to let me know that it was time to eat. With a sad sigh, I raised my head from the pillow and looked at it dejectedly. I really didn't want to leave the bed, but I was also very hungry.

With a defeated sigh, I left the room in search of the kitchen. I had no idea where anything was inside this house, so it took me some time before I finally found the kitchen.

As soon as I walked in, the sweet aroma of bacon made my stomach growl in hunger, and my mouth watered at the scent.

I walked over to the island where I saw a note with my name and a covered plate. I read what it said and was left a bit shocked, with a warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Jayden left a note for me beside my breakfast. The note just simply said that I should enjoy my breakfast and I should call him if I needed anything.

Call him?

With what?

I shrugged and dived into my bacon, eggs and toast. After I ate everything off my plate, I washed it down with some orange juice I found in the fridge.

With nothing to do, I went back to the room that I was in. As soon as I walked in I saw something that I was sure wasn't there before. It was a gift. I walked over to it and saw a note beside it.

"Open me" I read aloud.

I wasn't sure if it was for me, but I was the only one here. Who else could it be for? Not thinking too much about it, I unwrap the paper.

It was a phone box. I opened the box and took out the phone. He got me a phone so that I could call him if I needed anything.

I went through the phone and saw that his number was the only number in it. Of course he'd add his number to my contacts. I smile a little at his thoughtfulness and hugged the phone to my chest.

I never owned a phone in my life, until now. There were a lot of things that I never had until I met Jayden. He always made sure that I had everything I wanted, but the only thing I needed the most was still out of reach.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 70.3K 33
Highest ranking: #23 in Werewolf "I LOVE IT." -@lottiee_x "This story is so unbelievably amazing!" -@NovemberRain16 "I have become obsessed with this...
165K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
3.8M 138K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...
2.8M 83.5K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...