The Side Character Just Want...

By Phi227

Synopsis Emma Clarke was transmigrated into the novel 'the billionaire's contract wife' as a side character... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 3

4.3K 202 12
By Phi227

"Here. Take it." Emma gave a  handkerchief to crying Adeline. "I'm sorry. He is under pressure. And when he is angry, he can't control his words." Emma patted Adeline on the shoulder to calm her down. "Maybe tomorrow you can talk about it again."

"How can you stand it, with his attitude like that?"

"I guess, because I need money." Emma grinned. Adeline chuckled.

"Emma!"

"Emma!"

Emma heard her name called by Connor. "You'd better go home. I have to get in before the Fire Lord attacks."

" Fire Lord?" Adeline was confused.

"Aang. The Last Airbender. Nickelodeon."

Adeline chuckled. Emma knew that Adeline liked to watch Nickelodeon because her younger brother liked Aang and SpongeBob.

"Yeah. Go ahead," Adeline smiled.

Emma had just closed the office door when Connor scolded her. "What took you so long?"

Emma sighed tiredly. "I have to calm Adeline because it seems like my asshole boss makes her cry." Emma raised an eyebrow.

"What?" Connor looked at Emma as if he didn't understand.

"You're such an asshole. You don't understand why she is angry?"

"What? I only did what I was supposed to do?"

"Women also have dignity. I understand you like her and want to make her happy. But that's not the way to do it. She is a woman who has principles. Appreciate that."

"Who likes her?" Connor blinked his eyes.

"You, my lord." Emma pointed at Connor.

Connor laughed awkwardly. "I'm not."

"Keep lying to yourself." Emma satirized.

"I'm really not, alright?" Connor said firmly. Emma looked closely at Connor. Connor was getting even more awkward. He stuttered. "Well ... she looks beautiful, kind, and strong. I just want to help her."

"Mmhm." Emma nodded her head amusingly. Connor glared at her.

Emma sighed. It seems like since she has migrated to this world, she had sighed more often. "You think I don't know? First, you use your personal money to fund Davis Diner and his mother. Second, your company is engaged in the real estate industry not the food industry. Why do you suddenly want to invest in Davis Diner? Third, the way you see her. "

Connor widened his eyes. Looking embarrassed, he stuttered. "How do I see her?"

"It's as if there's only her in this world and the others are just flies." Emma said bluntly.

Connor coughed. Emma looked at him meaningfully. After a moment of silence, he admitted. "Fine. I like her."

Emma laughed triumphantly. For the first time she felt superior to her boss. "Because you have acknowledged it, I give you advice. She is a principled woman. Respect her principle, do not try to cross the line. If she doesn't want you to give money or luxury items that she did not ask for, you should not give it to her. Remember, you guys married by contract. That alone makes her feel out of principle. She feels like a gold-digger. Now you give her money and other luxury items she doesn't ask for. She feels that you hurt her pride. "

"I just don't want to see her suffer with her efforts."

"Then support her. Ask her what she needs. Ask her opinion. Don't immediately give her some things without warning."

"I'm just trying to help. As a billionaire, I don't want people to say that I'm too stingy that I didn’t give money to my wife to help her business which will go bankrupt. And I don't need your opinion on my relationship with her."

"I didn't give an opinion. I just knocked some sense into your brain." Emma snorted in annoyance. Connor was silent.

"Slowly get to know her. She's not a spoiled woman and isn't used to being spoiled. She's a hard worker. If you want to be with her, you have to understand her and accept her for who she is. Don't just put your ego first."

Seeing Connor who was still silent, Emma frowned." What? Am I wrong? "

Connor groaned. He leaned his back against the chair and rubbed his face several times. " You are right. I should have asked for her opinion first. "

"Finally." Emma nodded her head. "You should make up with her after the meeting with Ashton Kings."

"I know." Connor stood up and put on his jacket. "We better leave now. I don't want to be late." He walked to the door followed by Emma. When his hand was holding the door handle, Connor turned and said, "Em, bring the file that is on my desk. We might need it later."

"Yes," Emma turned. She arranged all the open documents on Connor's desk. Without her knowing it, there was one file that she shouldn't have brought was carried into the document bag.

****

The business meeting with Asthon Kings went well. Kings corp would collaborate with Miller inc for the city B rehabilitation project. This project was a big project because they have to overhaul almost half of the city B area to be arranged according to an urban spatial architecture drawing that has been approved by the Mayor of City B. With this reshuffle, it was expected to improve the economy of city B.

Emma went to the restroom while negotiations were still ongoing. When she exited the restroom, she found a crying boy in front of the bathroom. The boy seemed to be around 4 years old. His hair was black and his eyes were hazel. His face was familiar as if Emma had seen it but she had forgotten where. His chubby cheeks make him look so cute and pitiful. For some reason, Emma felt pain in her chest when she saw him cry. She looked around but no one was seen around.

"This isn't a hallucination, right?" Emma rubbed her eyes. The boy did not disappear. 'Why are there a child here?' Emma thought.

"Hey, baby. Why are you crying?" Emma asked. She squatted in front of the boy. Her hand gently patted the top of the boy's head. She wiped his tears gently.

"I wet myself. I wanted to pee but there was no nana. I wanted to open the door but it was high. Waaa .. papaa .." Stuttering, the boy explained. Then he cried loudly.

Emma smiled amusingly. She could smell urine from the boy's body. "Um ... okay, baby. I understand. Can I help you? I will contact my friend to bring you a change of clothes, then I will help you clean your pants. How is it?"

The boy nodded his head. While sobbing he raised his hand. Emma stood up and took the boy's hand. "It's okay if you enter the women's bathroom?" Emma took the boy's hand to the women's toilet. The boy nodded his head once more. Emma smiled softly.

After opening the toilet door and letting the child inside, Emma called her best friend, Susan Jenkins, a clothing boutique owner.

"Hi, Susan?"

"Hi, Em. What ..."

"Do you have a child's clothes? If there is, please bring me a boy's clothes around the age of four. A set of T-shirts and shorts and a pair of shoes and socks. If not, immediately find it." Emma interrupts Susan.

" Oh okay."

"Then, you take it to the Kings Corp.’s lobby. If you don't have time, please ask your assistant. I'll meet you in the lobby. Now. Right away. Please. This is a red code level emergency." Emma said urgently.

"Yeah. Ok." Susan hadn't had time to answer, but the phone had been disconnected. She just shook her head. "This must be the boss's crazy order." Susan grumbled. She stood up and started looking for children's clothes at a nearby boutique.

Emma crouched down and began cleaning the child. The child had stopped crying. He blushed to see Emma who helped him clean up. His face got hot and his ears turned red. Emma chuckled. "What's your name, baby?"

"Kayden." Answered the child.

"So, kayden. Where is your mother?"

"Papa said up there." Kayden pointed at the toilet ceiling. "God loves mom, so God asks for Mom to be with God so God doesn't get lonely." Kayden answered innocently.

" I'm sorry." Emma smiled sympathetically. "Then where is Daddy Kayden?"

"Papa works."

"Here?" Emma asked. Kayden nodded his head. "Where is his office?"

"At the top floor."

"Does Daddy Kayden work next to the president?" Emma asked. Kayden looked confused and nodded his head again. Emma chuckled. Kayden certainly did not understand the question. His father might be the secretary or assistant of Ashton Kings.

Emma's phone rang right after she finished cleaning Kayden.

"I'm here. Come out." Susan ordered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 9.3K 45
Two opposite worlds bound by a contract marriage, let's see what happens when they love each other's heart instead of each other's body, knowing that...
47.2K 2.3K 29
╰┈➤✮ 𝐴𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑣 × 𝑇𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑘𝑎 ❝𝑯𝒂𝒎 𝒂𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒃𝒃𝒂𝒕 𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝑻𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒌𝒂❞ *:・゚✧...
Begum naraj Hain ® By Selena

Historical Fiction

14K 496 31
*Wait for the second season 👀* Post would start from May 10 Ever heard of transmigrating into your favorite novel. If you ever want it to be, it wo...
801K 33.2K 55
The dark gloomy day she died, regretting all she never managed to do, she thought would be her last. She never expected to reincarnate into another p...