The Doctor, The Billionaire...

By MeganWriter

Faye Anderson is an OB/GYN who loves her job more than her social life, that is until one expected night chan... More

Be Social
Trouble Comes Knocking
You Never Called
Irateness and Incompetence
Something to Say
Hold Me Forever
I'm in Trouble
Who is Colton?
The Normal Dr. Anderson
Anxiety Inducing
Bad Friend
The Rents'
Pain
House and Home
He's Home
Death Wish
Dramatic Entrance
Facing Them
Overbearing Danger
Don't Be a Hero
Its Only Pain
The Blame
How to Move On
Blinding Sorrow
The Gift of Life
Namesake
At Home
Holy Matrimony
Wedding Blues

She Knows

928 35 11
By MeganWriter

Hey y'all! Thank you so much for the love on the last chapter! I got more favorites than I was definitely expecting and I hit 1K reads! I'm trying to update more but COVID has caused some major changes that have kept me busy (I'm sure many of you can relate). I hope you're all staying safe and enjoy this next chapter! College is not meant to be online and I am driving the struggle bus lol. ALSO if someone wants to make me a cover I would really appreciate it!! Ik this is a small story but if someone was interested I would of course plug you!

"Dr. Anderson are you okay?!" I vaguely hear as I continue to spew what little I had for breakfast into the public hospital toilet.

It had been a week since I met the new medical students on my team and a week since I got the HR email. A meeting was set for this Thursday, two days from now. We had just finished rounds and I was walking Marissa to a workshop on suturing that I was leading for the medical students. About half way there a wave of nausea like I've never felt before hit me and I bolted into a nearby bathroom, cutting off Marissa mid-sentence.

I stood up and wiped my mouth with toilet paper before I flushed. When I turned around Marissa was standing outside of the stall door I hadn't even had time to close before I started throwing up. Her eyes were wide with worry and I almost wanted to laugh.

"I'm fine, just overly exhausted." I say, hoping that the conversation about my well-being stops here.

"Do you want me to get you any water or crackers from a nurses station?" she asks.

I shake my head no as I make my way over to the sink and wash my hands. I can see her confused look in the reflection of the mirror as I finish drying my hands.

"I promise I'm okay, just pretty anxious this week" I say, giving her a soft smile.

She smiles back and we continue walking toward one of the classrooms in the hospital. When we arrive the room is filled with about 25 students and a few other attendings. We get assigned groups of five and I'm happy to see that Marissa ends up in my group. I teach sitting, which I'm thankful for. I still feel weak from the throwing up I had done 10 minutes before. After the two hour session is done I decide to round one more time before heading home early.

Marissa offers to round with me and I take her up on the offer. We usually do teaching rounds once per day in the morning just because everyones schedule can get hectic in the afternoons but I'm thankful she wants to use her free time to do some more practicing and rounding.

We only have 3 patients to cover and Marissa presents them all to me flawlessly. Even though she's only been doing this a week she has learned so fast and I can tell she works hard. By the end of rounding I feel even weaker than I had before we started.

"Dr. Anderson, are you sure you're okay?" She asks as I slowly pick up my bag from outside the last room we rounded.

"I'm still feeling pretty sick so I think I'm going to head out a little early today." I say smiling, which I'm sure looks more like a grimace.

My head spins as I stand up from picking up my bag and I visibly sway on my feet before finding my ground.

"I don't want to overstep Dr. Anderson but I don't think you should drive home like this."

She looks as me nervously as she says this, and I honestly agree with her. "You're definitely right, would you mind waiting with me downstairs while I call my... boyfriend." I say. It almost sounded like I had questioned if he was my boyfriend but it felt weird to say.

She agrees and we walk towards the elevators as I call Colton. He answers on the first ring as he always does when I call.

"Hey, whats up!?" He says, and I can hear people talking in the background.

"You aren't too busy, are you?" I ask, hoping I'm not interrupting anything important.

"No I just finished up with a meeting, is everything okay Faye?" He asks with concern clear in his voice.

"I'm really not feeling well, can you come get me from the hospital? I don't think I can drive myself home." I say, wanting to cry from how tired and sick I feel.

"Yeah I'll leave right now, are you sure you don't need to be admitted?" He asks, sounding a bit panicked.

"I'm sure I'm fine, I think its just dehydration."

As I say this Melissa and I finally enter the elevator after what feels like an eternity of waiting.

"Alright I'm heading to my car now, giving traffic isn't horrible I should be there in 10."

We hang up just as we get to the main lobby of the hospital where Colton agreed to meet me. Melissa and I head over to the seating area and I let out a breath of exhaustion as we sit down. The lobby seems empty for a Tuesday afternoon at the hospital but I'm thankful there isn't much noise. I close my eyes and focus on breathing and find myself trying to not fall asleep.

I open my eyes and look over to Marissa who is sitting on the edge of her chair tapping her foot. She looks pretty nervous and I feel bad that I'm the cause. I decide to bite the bullet since I trust her and she's had to endure me like this for a morning.

"I promise I'm okay Marissa, I'm pregnant and I have nasty morning sickness."

If eyes were capable of popping out of heads hers would have in that moment.

"Thats incredible Dr. Anderson. Not going to lie, I was kind of suspicious." She says shyly.

I laugh, "I mean I did throw up in front of you." She smiles.

"How far along are you?" She asks.

I scrunch my face trying to do the math realizing I don't even really know how far along I am. "About 8 or 9 weeks." I finally decide. "I found out about a week ago but I keep putting off making an appointment because that means I also have to tell at least some of the people I work with."

Marissa laughs. "I can imagine that would be something you want to keep to yourself for a little bit, but with your field you kind of miss out on that."

I nod in agreement. Before we can talk anymore a worried looking Colton strolls through the front doors of the hospital with his eyes bouncing back and forth looking for me. He finally spots me and looks a little more relieved having laid eyes on me.

"I'm impressed Colton, 5 minutes?" I say with a grin on my face.

He rolls his eyes before looking me over again. "Are you sure you don't need to see someone?" He asks, looking over apprehensively at Marissa.

"Don't worry, she already knows." I say slowly standing up and grabbing my bag.

Colton puts his had on my back as I stand, helping me up.

"Colton, this is Marissa my medical student, Marissa, this is Colton my boyfriend."

She smiles and waves at him and he smiles back. "Thank you for waiting with her, she's not very good at asking for help."

I smack Colton in the arm as Marissa tries to hide her smile.

"All I need is water, a snack and some sleep."

Colton nods in agreement and keeps his hand on my back as he leads us to the door.

"Let me know if you need anything Dr. Anderson." Marissa yells after us.

I give her a thumbs up as we walk out the doors. Colton's car sits right outside the door in the temporary parking which I'm thankful for. I really don't want to walk anywhere at the moment. He opens the door for me, making sure I'm situated before he goes around to the drivers side. As he does so I text the group of OB/GYN attendings and let them know that I'm feeling ill and won't be in tomorrow. Dr. Fanning, the attending that I'm closest too says she'll round for me but not without making a joke about how I never miss work. I smile and put my phone back in my bag.

Colton puts my hand in his as I lay my head back against the seat.

"I took the day off tomorrow so you don't have to worry about that."

"Wow, Faye Anderson actually taking a day off work!?!" He says, and I resist the urge to smack him again.

"I have a limit." I say.

We sit in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before he speaks again. "I'll have someone get your car again, we'll just pay the parking garage fee."

I don't even have the energy to argue with him.

"We should also probably make a doctor appointment. I know you don't want to tell people at work but I know you really like Dr. Fanning. Besides, you told that medical student."

"Marissa ain't no snitch." I say and he laughs. "I agree though, I'll text Liz tonight." I say referring to Dr. Fanning by her first name.

It's amazing how much we know each other after a little over a week of spending time together. To be fair I think we've seen each other everyday since he found out I was pregnant.

Before I know it we're home and I'm plopped down on the couch with Milton ignoring me for Colton as usual. Colton brings me water and some crackers before he sits down on the couch with my legs in his lap. I quickly text my team of residents and medical students that I'll be out tomorrow and I'm thankful they don't ask any questions.

After I'm finished with my crackers and water I feel a ton better but still feel exhausted. I roll over to my side and Colton rubs my back off as I doze off with the thought of telling Dr. Fanning she has to be my doctor now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 177 50
❝ sometimes love isn't exactly what we think it's going to be. ❞ hearts & other breakable things by cassidy smith [ started: 2019 - 2021 ] [ edited...
20K 433 16
Y/n is a intern at Seattle grace hospital, what happens when a certain doctor crashes on his couch. Greys anatomy Au Not my characters except y/n st...
419K 7.6K 31
After a nearly fatal car crash, Charlie is pronounced a miracle to remain alive. Once awakened from a month-long coma, she finds that her family had...
56K 1K 42
Sometimes a tragedy can lead to something new and beautiful... We were supposed to be forever baby but life had other plans... KellySeverideXOC