Destined to be together

By Sacnite00

Two people completely different from one another. Yet destined to be together. Dimitri Martínez CEO of Martín... More

Author's note
Character Sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 21

30.2K 845 61
By Sacnite00

April

A yawn escaped my mouth and I squinted my eyes trying to adjust in the darkness.

A faint moonlight hitting the floor creating a peaceful ambiance.

I sat up on my bed.

That was a good nap.

The phone buzzed with a notification tune.

I reach out to the side table and grabbed my phone.

1: 45 AM

A text from Mr. Martínez.

Why is he texting me so late?

Is everything alright?

I quickly opened the message.

[Mr. Martínez] See you in the office tomorrow, Good night. :)

An unknowing smile formed on my lips.

The events from the afternoon came back to me.

A slow grumble came out of my stomach.

I got up from my bed and slowly walked towards the kitchen.

I heated the leftover pasta and sat down on the table and took a big bite.

Yummy.

My eyes averted to the chair next to me were some hours ago Mr. Martínez sat and immediately I could feel his warm hug wrapping me like a warm, cozy blanket.

I would be lying if I said I didn’t like the feeling of being hugged for the first time.

But it’s wrong. He is my boss and he shouldn’t be hugging me.

But then why does it feel right and so calming?

I don’t know what is right or what is wrong at the moment but one thing I know for sure is that I won’t reject the opportunity of getting his warm hug again.

Wait now that I think about it how did I end up in my room and when did he leave?

The thought made me squint my eyes.

I quickly took the last few bites of the pasta.

I went back to my room lay down on my bed looking outside of the window as the moonlight washed over my body.

And before I knew I fall asleep again counting the stars.

*The next day*

I walked into the office and passed a warm smile to the receptionist lady.

As I got close to the office my heartbeat increases with every step I took.

A mixture of anxiety and excitement rushed through my body.

I closed my eyes shut, took a deep breath, and slowly opened the door to enter.

I slowly look up expecting to see Mr. Martínez seated on his chair checking his email’s on his laptop and sipping his black coffee but rather I faced an empty chair.

I was a little disappointed to not see him but it also relaxed the tension building up inside of me.

I took a deep breath and went to my seat.

I have missed five days there must be a lot of work left.

Come on,April let’s do it.

Dimitri

I got inside my Mercedes and took a quick look at myself in the rearview mirror.

The thought of seeing April in the office made a quick smile appear on my face.

I quickly start the engine and sped up towards the office.

I was about to turn the knob when I heard her humming a tune.

She is here.

I slowly entered and saw her watering the plants on her desk.

“Good Morning.”

She immediately turned around to face me.

“Good Morning Mr. Martínez.” a soft smile appeared on her lips that melted my heart.

I walked up to my desk opening the buttons of my suit my gaze was still fixed on her.

“Cactus really don’t need much care they are made to survive in the rough,” I said motioning towards the plants on her desk that she has been taking care of so fondly.

“I-I know but umm that- that does not mean they don’t want to be taken c-care of. If you umm... take care of them then....they will give beautiful flowers,” she said looking at the plant near her.

Just like you.

“umm d-did you say something?” she looked up to me confused.

“Nothing, I would love to see it bloom beautifully one day,” I said looking at her.

“Me too.” She passed me a soft smile and got started with her work.

Having her seated a few feet away from me was not quite helping me to focus on my work.

As my gaze roamed around, her pink plump lips held my attention.

I could still taste it. It was definitely strawberry.

She looked up passed me a soft smile and again continued to type on the laptop.

I so badly wanted to kiss her right now.

April

At the lunch break, I went to the cafeteria and soon found the person I was looking for.

Lucas was on the usual seat at the back where we eat our lunch together.

I picked up my sandwich and walked towards him.

He was so busy munching on his food as always he didn’t even notice I was standing right next to him.

The scratching sound of the chair made him look up to me.

“Hi.”

He looked like he has seen a ghost or something.

“What the….. where the hell have you been, and what’s with the boss that day, and why didn’t you came to office?”

“Uhm I -I took a few days off, I uhm wasn’t feeling well so yeah.”

“what the hell happened that day?”

“Uhm well I- I made some mistakes in some reports so uhm he- he was just angry at me.”

He raised his eyebrow looking at me definitely not buying my lies.

“Are you sure?”

“Uhm yup.” I looked down and started chewing on my sandwich.

Lucas didn’t ask any more questions which I was thankful for.

He took the last bite of his sandwich and looked up at me.

“you know what I missed you.”

you missed me?

The past couple of days made me experience so many new feelings that I have never had experienced before in my 20 years of life.

“yeah I missed messing up with you.” he said ruffling my hair “Did you thought I actually missed you or something?”

A soft smile appeared on my lips.

“I missed you too.”

I really did miss him. He was the only person with whom I shared this peaceful few minutes break which recharges me to go back to work again.

He was the first person whose presence made me feel comfortable. He doesn’t ask me to be more talkative or outgoing or behave like others rather he enjoys and shares the silence with me.

He gave me one of his heartwarming smile that brought one in my face too unknowingly.

“Time’s up kiddo I gotta head back to work,” he said pointing at his watch.

“See you tomorrow then.”

I nodded.

He took a few steps and turned around to face me.

“If the boss does something like that again you will let me know, and I’ll take care of it okay?”

I could not help but smile at him.

“Absolutely.”

A/N: Helloo everyone, hope all of you are doing well.

Once again sorry for the late updates. 🤧

I hope you all are liking my story so far and if you are then do let me know.

Also a huge thank you to
mtimsal
Mrs_holland25
fayeqamunir

For all the votes I really appreciate that.🤧😊

Keep voting and supporting.

Thank you. 🌿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 985 24
Meet Alexandria Frost, 17 years old, Beautiful,but hides under over-sized hoodies and long jeans and With perfect grades, She definitely earned the t...
246 34 6
" Why are always like this since high school you have always looked down on people!!!! " " If people means you.., then yes I do look...
100K 1.9K 39
𝐄𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐭 𝐃𝐞 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚 25 years old, a billionaire and Mafia Don. Everyone fears, admires and respects him. 𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐬 20 yea...
8.3K 288 44
Book I of 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔀 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 After feeling invisible for so long she finally was seen by the one boy that was supposed to be off limits...