Crushed and Created- Tangled...

By MusicMyLife

Alisha's life had never been normal. Having adoptive, overprotective brothers, who also happened to be supers... More

Crushed and Created- Tangled Series
Out of Control
Answers and prayers
Movement
Wake up
Statement
Gifts and pity party
Newsflash
The new normal
Back to twitter
Back Home
A walk by the beach
Decisions
Closure
Premier Night
Farmhouse
Back to Beverly Hills
The sky, the guy
Moche's Café
Oprah
Good Morning. Not.
Secrets revealed
Fan alert
Influential Friends
The Jonas are in Town
Adoption chat
First Kiss
Telling the guys
First Date
Big Brother
Gone?
Sad and Happy...Sappy
Family time
It's not Gym-nice-tics
Meeting his parents
Saying Goodbye
Somber much
Moving into Palsion
Final Goodbye
Time to get serious
Date gone wild
The tattoo guy
Hanging up and confessions
Friday Night
Sunday off
Woken up...twice
Opprobrious
Grounded and living my life
Cataclysm
The pain of loss
Figuring things out
No secrets and Eminem
Parting Ways
The fighter
World Adoption Day
Education matters
Nightmares
Curse or blessing?
Gym team
Three months
New school
Movie Set
Nobody wants you here
Did I ruin everything?
School used to be fun
Birthday!
That idiot
Grab your dreams
Vacations!
Mobbed
Dubai
Christmas
Serious Trouble
Dragged into wars
New Year's Eve
3,2,1 Happy New Year!
Another start
Our guest is who?!
Never alone
Losing the battle
Why am I even training still?
Twitter Protests!
Justice is served
Time off
Permitted
Jonas concert
Leave me alone
AT&T American Cup

Surprises

1.7K 25 4
By MusicMyLife

ALISHA

Today I could get up a little late in the morning, by which I meant eight am. It wasn’t something I’d like- I would wake up at 11 am if I had the chance to, but 8 am wasn’t all that bad either.

Salman was supposed to be here, but he was gonna be late. At least he wouldn’t miss out on the entire thing like Sohail and Malaika were going to. Today was one of the most special days in my gymnastics career I guess, so I was bound to be excited and happy at the same time.

Today, we were going to shoot videos the entire day. Training videos, videos of my routines, and some random things for fun. Then there was a photo shoot happening side by side to capture me live. All of it was going to be used to regain my gymnastics fans and strengthen my petition to be reviewed for the national team again. They had to allow me to compete again, this was my last shot. I deserved this after all the things we went through, they owed it to us.

“I don’t like shoots.” Dimitri mumbled, getting ready for the video himself. Lauren was done with hers yesterday, but she was here to support me today.

It wasn’t new for Dimitri to whine when they turned the gym into a studio. He hated the fact that we were wasting time over shoots, but he knew better than everyone one that publicity was needed in this sport. Talent hidden from the world was of no use.

“Alright, ready?” someone asked and I nodded. We had decided on my look days in prior, and I had little problem with it. After all I got to wear a workout leo with minimal makeup and fancy stuff. I was gonna go about my training like usual, the only difference would be the cameras capturing every move of mine.

“Ready.” I nodded, and started to condition on uneven bars. Loud music played in the background, which soothed the nerves. Relax, I told myself, these people were professionals, they knew what they were doing.  

Arbaaz was here with Arhaan, shooting for the extra ‘family clips’ with another team. He occasionally looked at me, telling me he was there if I needed his help. I knew that well, but today I didn’t need help. Doing what I did the best- tumble around- I took a little break to check my oxygen numbers.

“Do you have to shoot this?” I asked the in charge, Omar.

“Yes, every move is recorded. Though you will have the right to decide if it’s used or not.” I shrugged, not worrying about it. If I wasn’t comfortable, I could just tell them to not showcase my disease in front of the world. They knew I had it, but the last thing I needed was to look like an attention seeker.

“We can now record the routines.” Someone came towards me and I grinned. Performing was the best part of the sport, at least according to what I felt. The stage was set, lights and cameras stared at the floor. It was my strongest asset, and kicking off with it was the best idea.

The leo I was going to use for my routines was a lot more elegant than the one in workout clips. It was a competition leo, with lots of bling and design. It was going to be dark here, with the spotlight on me, so the leo would show. My makeup was anything close to my look earlier. Even when I performed before the attack, even in the workout videos I had minimal and natural makeup on. Now, my look had changed drastically. My eyes were the center of attention, vibrant colors beautifying the almond pair. My lips were nude and the bronzer made my skin glow.

“You look fabulous.” Salman’s voice made me jump and I ran to him. He was here just on time to witness me recording the clips for the website and USAG.

“Whenever you’re ready!” a technician yelled across the gym and I looked back at my family. Arhaan was playing with one of his toys, but always cheered for me when I was on one of the apparatuses. Arbaaz help his breath till I landed perfectly, and Salman could not stop fist pumping when I did. Lauren had stood cheering for me all her life, be it competitions or not. And Dimitri- he had been with us for just a few months, but he made us realize our dreams.

“Remember- this is 110% you.” Dimitri squeezed my shoulders and I nodded. The floor routine was my story; it was my life story from my point of view. There was nobody here to judge, no biased view about my life.

“I’m ready.” I whispered, and the room went silent. The lights went dim, but I had no problem with that. I could perform with a blindfold on, and yes I had tried it once. The floor was cleared, and the music started.

One thing that I had learned from years of competing was that you can’t afford to think while performing. You just have to go with the flow, confident that every cell in your body knows every inch of your moves. That was what I did. I just went with the music, just let myself flow away with the tune.

I knew my routine was over when cheers took over the music. I got up, and immediately was hugged by Lauren.

“That was the best routine this world has ever seen!” Omar exclaimed, high-fiving me and I smiled back. Yes, it was the routine with most difficult tumbling and dance moves incorporated together. We were trying to re-define the heights in gymnastics.

But right now, I just wanted to go to my brothers. They had never seen me perform on floor before, especially with music on. I went to the corner they were sitting, smirking at the scene in front of me. Arbaaz was looking at the ceiling, and Salman out the windows.

“Please tell me you saw.” I went and sat on their lap and they chuckled in chorus.

“That was…mystical.” When Arbaaz found it difficult to find the apt word, you knew you had done a good job.

“Why would you choose that music?” Salman asked and I shrugged. I had mixed music from our home production and some of my original stuff together to get one masterpiece. It was just a symbol of us being one, being one happy family through the highs and lows of life.

“That music reminds me of you guys always being there for me.” I tried to explain in simple words, but he already got the memo. Both of them did, and hugged in tightly. I had missed them being so fiercely protective, yet so cuddly and warm.

After a little break, I went off to shoot for my beam, uneven bars and vault. I needed two retakes in each, and five in uneven bars. Yes, five in bars and I was working towards it. But I did stick it at last when Salman and Arbaaz stood on the two corners of the bars, assuring me that they would catch me if I fell.  

I didn’t fall, I landed perfectly. Jumping on the mats that I had finally done it, I was hug tackled by everyone around. I and Lauren could not stop squealing around like maniacs, and the crew could not get enough of us.

“Wow, I love this one.” I pointed at the picture on display. We were done for the day, and the crew agreed to show us some pictures they had edited already. They had captured some amazing moments of me in the air, and some embarrassing ones too.

“This has to go on the homepage.” Lauren and I bumped our fists and we went on to the next one. Stills from this shoot were gonna be used in my website, which was to be launched a day before Christmas. I couldn’t wait for the reaction, but I knew that it was gonna be success. I was loving the sample runs the technicians showed me, so the final product was gonna be just like I wanted it to be.

“Oh God why the hell did I even fall on my face?” I grumbled as the room erupted with laughter. I had landed on my freaking face during a landing, and the expression was just- disgusting. I was making a weird face, a mix of angry and sad and furious.

“Next please.” I pleaded and they finally moved on.

“Miss Alisha?” a voice boomed through the gym and I looked in the direction of the voice like everyone else. A senior cop was standing in the doorway of the gym, his expression that of poker face.

“Yes?” I got up and went towards him, Salman following right behind.

“Don’t worry, it’s good news this time.” He handed me an envelope, with my name and the country’s seal on it. I darted my eyes towards Salman who nodded encouragingly and I opened it. Removing the ribbon after the seal, I took out the crisp paper and gulped down eh lump in my throat before reading the few lines.

Dear Alisha Khan,

It is my honor to invite you to the National Bravery awards to be held at Red Fort on January 26th. Your courage and determination has moved many, and it will be an honor to present you with the Bravery award for children.

Looking forward to your presence,

Abdul Kalam,

President of India.

I read, and I re-read. This was not happening, I was no way being invited to the red fort. Ever since I could remember I had watched the children in India being awarded for their bravery acts by the President on Republic Day. And today, here I was, holding the letter to be one of them.

“You win the Bharat Award.” The policeman told me, and I felt tears rim my eyes. Bharat award was the topmost of the prestigious awards, and this was something I couldn’t have dreamt about in a thousand years.

“My baby girl.” Arbaaz hugged me, but I stayed numb. Salman thanked the cop and assured that we’d be there at the Red Fort. I struggled to keep my emotions in check as the photographers clicked away at the moments.

“I wish I never had this letter in my hand.” My knees gave up, and I cried. I was honored beyond doubt to receive the award, but I still wished that the circumstances that led to this hadn’t taken place. I still wished that kids hadn’t died, I still wished we hadn’t gone through all of that four months ago. If I could, I would trade this award to just make that day normal, to just save all those lost lives.

“I know, I know.” Salman soothed me, rubbing my back.

“Alright, let’s pack up.” Omar ordered the guys to get back to work, so that I got my time. The crew got back to work as I sat outside the gym with Roo, Dimitri, Salman and Arbaaz. Nobody said anything, only I occasionally slipped a tear. Salman let me vent out, he knew it had been a while since I let the pain out. People thought I was back to normal, but they were all wrong. I was getting back to normal, but was far from it. I still got flashbacks; I could still feel the horror of that day vividly. Some things never quit haunting you.

“Thank you for being here.” I hugged Roo and she nodded. They were leaving for the night, and the studio crew had already wrapped up for the day.

“Any day, hon.” She waved, getting into her car. I went inside the house to find the guys scattered around the house doing random things. I settled down in front of the television, flipping through random channels and tweeting at the same time.

*twitter*

BeingAlisha: Some wounds never heal, some pains never fade away entirely.

Aryanisback : true that RT @BeingAlisha Some wounds never heal, some pains never fade away entirely.

Oprah : @BeingAlisha you know that I and everyone else is always here for you, right?

BeingAlisha : @Oprah yes, I know and I’m grateful for the support. But sometimes, you just want to block everything out, just you and your pain and music.

Oprah: @BeingAlisha I can’t pretend to understand, but everyone has their way.

BeingAlisha : @Oprah thanks! And I just realized I was tweeting to THE OPRAH!!! #FanGirlMoment

Oprah : @BeingAlisha hahaha, thanks!

----------------------------------------------

So, I'm leaving for a three day camp...when I'm back surprise me with comments! Ciao!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 12.1K 28
Cover by @AndiApplexoxo ****MATURE CONTENT IN BOOK**** ****YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED**** Her world is dark. His is bright. She is like a ray of sunshine...
1.6K 43 19
"What!?" he says with fire burning in his eyes but I can't seem to look away not even once. "What do you mean what all I did was go to a party and ha...
203K 3.6K 81
Alicia has been abused by her mom and step-dad for the past 2 and a half years, plus she has also been bullied for the past 2 and a half years. What...
263K 4.2K 17
Chloe Clarkson is 15 years old and lives with her 10 older, overprotective, defensive, annoying brothers who will stop at nothing to keep her safe. ...