Oblivious Prey [Hawks x Reade...

By FrostyCatYuh

"Stop her!" The girl ran across the hallways, hoping to escape and never have to experience that horrible pai... More

Prologue
Ch.1 Start
Ch.2 Exam
Ch.3 Adjust
Ch.4 Meeting
Ch.5 Scout
Ch.6 Task

Ch.7 Acquaintance

997 24 10
By FrostyCatYuh

(Yuh yuh.)

Over the next few days, Y/n and Tokoyami had done non-stop training.

Y/n would wake up, eat, go to the agency, train, and go back to her dorm to sleep.

Tokoyami had done the same, getting more acquainted with Y/n in the process.
The two had learned a lot about each other, making them more synchronized when they trained their quirks.

Eventually, the took a step up to sparring after Hawks had seen a small amount of growth in both of their quirks.

Hawks hadn't been able to stick around during their training sessions much, saying he was "out on a job".

Neither Y/n or Tokoyami could guess what Hawks could possibly be doing, especially since he was the number 2 hero now that All might had been retired.

After they had sparred for 2 days in a row, Hawks had shown up.

"Alright. That's enough sparring for now. Tokoyami, go back to practicing Dark Shadow extensions. Y/n meet me in my office."

They both looked at Hawks then back at each other before doing what he had said.

Y/n swiftly tried to make her way to the office, but was stopped at the door by a man with bandages.

"Aizawa-sensei! What are you doing here?"

He waved at the girl, his face did not look pleased at all.
"I'm here on some hero business. What brings you here?"

"Oh, uh, Hawks actually asked me to meet him here."
She gently scratched her face in anxiousness.

The Number 2 hero walked up to the two standing in front of the door, face slightly smirking.

"Come now, let's not stand in front of my office, we have matters to discuss, Aizawa-sensei."
He threw a quick glance at Y/n before walking inside his office.

——

As they all entered, Y/n felt a certain air, to which her tattoo tensed, feeling the change as well.

"So, I take it the principle has agreed to my suggestion?"

Aizawa glanced at Y/n.
"Yes."

"Well, then, why are you here? I have nothing else to say about the matter."

"He agreed on certain conditions. Nezu requested that she be watched and if necessary, contained. He also requested that if she does go out with you, keep her close."

Y/n grew confused.
Why had they been talking about who she had assumed was her right in front of her? How rude.

"Excuse me? What are you guys talking about?"

Aizawa put a hand on his head.
Hawks smirked, looking at Y/n.

"Go on, tell her."

Aizawa turned to look at Y/n.
"You're going to be Hawks official sidekick, which means you'll be moving in as a neighbor and you'll be going on missions with him if he so asks."

"But I don't even have my provisional license. I'm not even an official hero yet."

"Hawks thinks you're ready for a provisional license after you take a short test. You'll be able to receive your hero license if Hawks thinks you're ready to test for it."

"So in short he's basically gonna be my guardian?"
She turned to look at the grinning Hawks, who waved at her as she tried to take in all this information.

"What about Tokoyami?"

"He's only temporary for now at least until he gains his hero license. You, however, will be my successor/sidekick."

"When did all this happen?"

"Just now. Welcome to the team, Y/n."

—————

After being debriefed on the entire situation, Y/n was swiftly moved to her new apartment, next to Hawks, who also explained that her new salary as a sidekick would cover the living expenses, her meals, and her training regime.

He also explained that she would still be doing paperwork most of the time, due to the fact that he believed she needed more training before being out on the field.

She thought that was silly. Why had he made her his sidekick then?

Y/n had been worried about school and her classmates, but Hawks said that she only needed to attend 2 days of the week in order to obtain the paperwork needed for her to test to become a hero.

It was too much for Y/n.

She wondered how this had happened and why the number 2 hero took an interest in her.

Maybe she was just that good at paperwork.

She had just gotten to her apartment, trying to remember the passcode Hawks had so kindly put on her door for her, accidentally slamming it when she closed it on her way in.

She felt herself slump to the couch, tired from all the training and paperwork.

Now, it had only been 3 days since she became a sidekick, and every time she tried to go out, she was bombarded with paparazzi and photographers.

Apparently Hawks had never taken an official sidekick until now.

How unfortunate for Y/n.

Aspen silently slid out of her skin, turning into his original snake form, about the size of a cobra, and wrapped himself around her sore limbs, soothing her body with his cold scales.

"Thanks Aspen. You're such a good friend."

The snake happily placed its head on Y/n's shoulder, resting itself.

As she felt Aspen drift off, she also felt herself do the same, but not before hearing the buttons beep on the outside of her door.

"Who's there?"

The door opened, revealing a grinning Hawks.

"How's my little sidekick holding up?"
He closed the door behind him, walking towards
Y/n.

"She's surviving sort of."

"What do you mean sort of?"

"What are you doing here Hawks?"

"What, I can't come visit my first ever sidekick?"
He smiled and sat next to the girl covered in her snake.

He had already noticed this and gave a threatening stare at the snake, causing it to slither under the couch.

"Would you stop doing that? He's not just some animal you know?"

Y/n beckoned for Aspen to come out from under the couch, encouraging him to slither back onto her skin as a tattoo, which he did.

"You look like a gangster."

"Thanks?"

She got up to the kitchen, trying to find something to eat.

"Just order something."

"Why did you say that like I'm gonna have dinner with you?"

"You are. Hero's orders. Plus we need to get acquainted as a brand new sidekick and hero duo."

"Oh, so now you want to get to know me."

———-

Over the next few hours, they ate, watched movies and even talked together.
She learned that Hawks could feel everything that touches his feathers and tested this by dunking a feather in water.

Hawks also learned that Y/n did not remember the incident in which he saved her life as a sidekick.
He thought it was strange, seeing as his quirk was super memorable.

After a long night of bonding, Hawks was getting ready to leave.

"Nice to meet you, Y/n L/n"
He bowed before opening the door.

His face turned serious as he looked back at Y/n one last time.

"Y/n, I need to tell you something tomorrow. Don't be late."
He left the room.

Y/n felt confused at his last remark but disregarded it as she fell off into a deep slumber.

(Too fast?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 339 28
*Done editing!!* You get taken into the LOV by Dabi because of your unique quirk. You have a fire power similar to Dabi's but instead the fire is pin...
3.2K 115 21
ยป ALL AROUND ME, THE FALLEN ANGELS HIT THE GROUND AND I CAN'T CATCH THEM AS THEY'RE RAINING DOWN. ยซ In which Izzy Holt tries to balance the arrival...
822K 38.1K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
55.1K 1.2K 10
lemons near the ending. i am a beginner so please be gentile... *hides behind aygo bottle i feat