I'm The White Wolf

By shruthii

"Everett" I called him when he paused in his tracks. I looked around and realized that we were right in the m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
EPILOGUE

Chapter 26

52.1K 2.2K 371
By shruthii

Dedicated to @himanshukurmi92 :D

Pic on the side is of>>>

****

“You know I love you right?”

“I know,” he breathed, his arm tightening automatically around my waist. “You know how much I wish it was enough.” 
― 
Stephenie MeyerEclipse

TEMPLAR P.O.V

“Awesome” Theo whispered after Hugh Jackman killed all the ninja’s in The Wolverine.

“I know right” I commented with a grin, watching the sexy hunk on screen. God! I love Hugh Jackman.

“Templar” Rett called and I turned to face him. We were in the pack house, where I was watching the movie with other pups on a lazy Saturday afternoon.

“Let’s go” Rett said and I frowned at him.

“I am watching Hugh Jackman’s movie” I grumbled staring at the screen.

“You own that D.V.D. You can watch the movie anytime. Now, let us go home” he commanded and I stiffened.

“What’s wrong?” I asked and finally noticed the seriousness in his pacific blue eyes. Rett looked angry. Why? What happened?

“Let’s talk at home” he muttered and started towards the door. Well aware that he was expecting me to follow him, I did so after saying bye to pups.

“Okay, what’s the matter?” I queried Rett once we were in our house. Rett had not uttered a single word when we were walking towards our house. He was silent and he was clenching and unclenching his fists repeatedly.

Something was wrong!

“We are going to FireLight Pack” Rett said and I blinked in confusion. “I do hope you remember today is the eclipse and there is a prayer there” Rett reminded and I gasped.

“Shit! I forgot about that” I said placing a hand over my head. “Why didn’t you tell me before?” I queried going upstairs.

“I thought you would remember” he replied with a shrug and I rolled my eyes.

“Well, I forgot. Anyway, when are we leaving?” I asked stopping at the topmost stair.

“In another fifteen minutes”

“Is that all?” I asked and Rett looked at me in confusion. “You seemed stressed.”

“I am fine” he dismissed with a reassuring smile. “I need to get changed too” he said coming upstairs.

“Who else is coming?” I asked stepping inside our closet and picking dark jeans and a beige and black striped pullover.

“Sveta, Cam obviously. Keith, Ben, Terence and his mate are joining with us” he replied and my eyes widened. None of my friends told me about this. Why?

“Jan didn’t tell me anything about this” I muttered dropping my clothes on the bed.

“Uh…. They decided to join us at the last moment. Besides, its weekend right” Rett reasoned and I nodded, tying my hair up. I needed a shower.

Rett had already showered and dressed up, when I came out of the shower.

“What about the pack security?” I asked Rett pulling down a black singlet down my head.

“We collaborated with Myron’s pack” Rett answered and I smiled. We always collaborate with FireLight pack wolves during celebrations like this or when either one of the pack is attacked.

“That’s good” I said pulling my jeans on, while Rett wore his shoes. “You are done” I pointed out with a sigh.

“I will see you downstairs” Rett muttered and then walked downstairs, without even glancing at me.

I stared at his back in bewilderment. Something was definitely wrong! But what was wrong? I have to ask him or even better find out from Terence. I was about to connect with Terence through the link when all of a sudden, I paled. The realization that I couldn’t mindlink with my own pack members hurt me too much.

Compressing my lips, I sat on the bed and ran a hand through my hair. I wanted my wolf back but she was not responding to me. I closed my eyes and sure enough, I felt her presence. Nevertheless, it felt like every passing day she was getting further away from me.

I knew something was wrong with me and that is why my wolf wasn’t responding to me. However, I didn’t know what that something is.

“Your wolf is not with you and hence strange things are happening to you. But you are going to get your wolf back soon”  I recalled Rett saying so to me yesterday. He had asked me to trust him and trust him, I did, with my life. He was confident that I am going to shift, then so should I be.

My eyes started stinging with tears and I gently rubbed my eyes with my knuckles. I quickly pulled down my pullover and went to apply light make-up on my face. I didn’t want others seeing dark circles that I have been having around my eyes.

It was almost three-thirty in the afternoon, when we started our journey. Terence and January had already left, along with Sveta and Cam, before us. However, Keith and Ben were in a SUV behind us, along with few fighters, who were coming as security.

I turned my head to look at Rett. His face was expressionless, his jaws firm and his pacific blue eyes were cold and distant. He looked furious. At whom and for what?

“Rett” I called in a soft tone and he looked at me for a second, before focusing his vision back to the endless stretch of road. “What’s happened?”

“Nothing”

“Of course it’s something” I burst out in anger. I became angrier, when the outburst too didn’t earn any reaction from Rett. Why is he so distant? He was fine until day before yesterday... Until he had gone for some meeting and when he returned from there… he had been distressingly quiet.

“Please tell me” I almost begged.

Rett closed his eyes, for a second before heaving a sigh and answering, “I am just worried about my work Templar” he mumbled.

“What’s happened?” I demanded, satisfied that he was sharing it with me.

“I agreed to a very dangerous deal” he said through gritted teeth and I blinked.

“Dangerous?”

“If it doesn’t go as planned, it might cause someone’s death” he added in a whisper and I gasped. Now I understood why he was so tensed! But I was curious, what kind of a deal is that?

“Then why did you agree?” I queried, perplexed.

“I had no other option.”

“You are talking in riddles… you know that right?” I questioned and Rett nodded softly. “Tell me exactly, what the deal is?” I had to know what bothered him so much.

“The deal… if successful will make me the happiest man on earth and if failed…. I don’t even want to think on those terms” he breathed out roughly. I doubt he even heard my question!

I looked at Rett, who had his lips compressed to form a thin line. His hold on steering wheel was so tight, that his knuckles were snow white, while his powerful profile was taut and hostile.

Exactly, what is this deal all about?

“Rett….” I called him in a whisper.

“Don’t” Rett said fiercely and I blinked. “I. Don’t. Want. To. Talk. About. It.” he had to spell the each word out through gritted teeth. I paled. Now that my wolf wasn’t responding to me, his tone was able to intimidate me. His behavior sent cold chills down the length of my spine and I shivered. Nervously licking my lower lip, I nodded.

The rest of the journey neither of us spoke a word to each other. When I couldn’t take the silence anymore, I leaned against my seat and stared at the passing scenery. Mid-way, I fell asleep.

I woke up, when Rett brought his car to an abrupt halt. “Are you okay?” Rett asked and I nodded. I removed my seatbelt and looked at him.

“Come on. Let’s go” he said and climbed out of the car.

Still wondering what was wrong with him; I got out of the car and yawned. While I raised my hands to stretch, I looked at my surroundings.

Surely, we were in FireLight Pack, but we were not near their pack temple like I expected. Everett had stopped his car, in the middle of… nowhere actually.

I looked around and realized we were in some deserted land. There were no wolves… Hell, there weren’t even trees here. Just some dried patch of grass, here and there. Frowning, I was about to ask Rett what we were doing here, when I noticed that he had already gone ahead, leaving me alone, next to his car.

Sighing, I followed after him.

There was no one around and even if anyone was here… I wouldn’t be able to sense their presence because I had lost my ability to catch other’s scent. Gulping and shaking that painful thought from my head, I followed after Rett, who was walking in the direction of the temple.

I didn’t know why we had to walk all the way to the temple, but then I presumed there wouldn’t be much place to park vehicles next to the temple, since it would be crowded today.

While I followed Rett, I stared at the sun in the sky. Within few minutes the eclipse would start and it would be a beauty to watch. I loved watching eclipse. Today, there would be a total solar eclipse and I was excited to watch the corona as well as the prominence. But my most favorite part was to watch the diamond ring, which is a spectacular beauty in its own accord.  It’s overwhelming to watch night during day, in earth, at the time of totality.

According to me, an eclipse is a transformational event. It is a surreal and splendid sight.  It’s a poignant event to me.

I had first seen a total eclipse when I was twelve and now, almost ten years later, I am going to see it again.

While I was walking, lost in my thoughts, I had failed to see Everett slackening his pace.

“Everett” I called, when he paused in his tracks.

I looked around and realized that we were right in the middle of clearing. I didn’t even realize we had reached the clearing.

“Why did we stop here?” I enquired in bewilderment, looking around. There was no one around… not even Myron’s pack wolves. They must all be in the temple, I mused.

I glanced at Everett, who had his ramrod stiff back to me. Just when I was about to take a step ahead, Everett turned to face me. My eyes collided with his pacific blue one’s and I didn’t miss the pained look in it, which he had been trying his best to conceal from me.

I gulped and extended a hand to touch him, to comfort him and tell him, I was there with him, no matter what. Something was seriously wrong!  But what? What had him this worried?

When I touched his arm, Rett took a step back. I paled when I saw his unexpected reaction. I felt like my heart sank into my stomach. Everett cringed from my touch! My mate cringed from my touch. Why did he do that?

He loves me.

Even though I was hurt deeply by his reaction, I didn’t let him see it. Instead, I cleared my throat, blinked constantly and then, nervously lowered my hand.

“Why did we stop here?” my voice was wobbly.

Everett smiled, but that smile didn’t quite reach his eyes. It was a small smile. “You know I love you right?” he asked quietly. Immediately, my heart started pounding in my chest and I felt lightheaded. He loves me. He does.

So as an answer, for his modest question, I nodded happily. I knew my mate loves me and I love him too. I was confident about that.

Everett stepped forward, cupped my face in his large hands and then placed a light, feathery kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyes and smiled blissfully, at that affectionate gesture.

After few seconds, he dropped his hands and I slightly tilted my head back to look at him. I narrowed my eyes, in absolute perplexity, when I saw that once again his face was inexpressive and his features rigid.

Everett took a deep breath and then taking a step back, curling his fingers to form a tight fist, he whispered, “I am doing this because I love you.”

My heart pounded in my chest, when I saw the coldness in his eyes. I stared at his fist and then glanced up, to clash with his pacific blue eyes. “Doing what?” I prompted, well aware that I am not going to like his answer.

Everett didn’t bother replying; instead, he took a step back, growled murderously and then shifted into his huge black wolf, compelling me to take a few steps back.

‘Shift’ he snapped through the link and I flinched.

How did this happen? I thought I couldn’t mind link with anyone but now, I could hear his voice in my head. When I tried to connect with him through the link, I was met with a brick wall.

I couldn’t connect with him and once again, I felt like the mind link was broken. How did it come back for a second?

‘Shift’ Everett commanded this time, looking me in the eye.

I looked away not meeting his gaze because I didn’t appreciate the way he commanded me.

Nobody commands me. Nobody!

Even though, I knew I didn’t have my wolf, I was still getting angrier each passing second because Everett’s cold and distant behavior was getting to me.

And why is he asking me to shift, when he knows I cannot? What is he playing at?

Everett curled his lips and displayed one sharp canine to me. My eyes were as wide as saucers when I saw that. Why is he doing this? What is he going to get from this? I do not even have my wolf with me.

I couldn’t even think he was playfully fighting with me because his wolf was in an aggressive stance. He was glaring at me.

“Everett” my voice was a whisper.

Everett looked up at the sky and I followed his gaze. It had started.

The eclipse had started.

I was staring at the sky in awe, when all of a sudden; I was roughly shoved on the ground by Everett’s wolf. I glanced at his wolf in horror.

“What is wrong with you?” I shouted in fury and stood up to glare at Everett. What is the matter with him?

Everett growled louder and took a threatening step forward. However, instead of getting scared, I got angry. I was shocked because I was experiencing two conflicting emotions. One side, I was worried and the other side, I was getting furious.

I gulped and looked at Rett, who rushed towards me and once again collided his head against my stomach. I fell flat on the ground and winced in pain. Everett took a step back and stuck his tongue out.

I stared at him in horror. He looked like he was waiting to kill.

“Why are you doing this? Rett?” I screamed. My heart hammered in my chest and I gulped as Everett bristled. “It’s me” my voice was a low growl. All of a sudden, my head hurt and I felt lightheaded.

Everett once again, walked closer to me and I moved backward on my butt. He was trying to corner me. Why is he doing this?

“What do you want?” I asked staring at Everett in total confusion.

My head was hurting. My body was in pain. I was confused as well as angry at the same time.

‘I, Everett Green, Alpha of the WaterWave Pack, am challenging you, Templar Green, White Wolf, for a fight’ Rett said in his Alpha tone and I turned white as milk. My heart thumped like mad and I felt goosebumps all over my body.

No.

No. He is not! The hair in the back of my neck stood, while I stared at Everett in unhidden dreadfulness.

Why is he challenging me for a fight when he knows I have no wolf?

I tried connecting with him through the link but once again, I realized that was not possible.

What is happening to me?

As Rett took a step back, I stood up and blinked. “Rett” I called hesitantly and his pacific blue eyes collided with mine. “Stop this please” I told him nervously.

With another feral growl he lunged at me. However, this time, I was not ready to take any hit from him. There was some kind of fury building inside me and so, in rising frustration, I fought back. When he lunged at me, I pushed him back with full force.

Rett fell back a few steps away, stood up and growled murderously.

His face was of pure anger and I wondered what I did to have him behave like this. He shook his body once and I saw sprinkles of blood dripping on the ground. Slowly, nervously, I glanced at my hand and gasped when I saw my claws. Long, sharp and dripping blood.

I could have said that I felt like I was getting my wolf back, but I did not because there was no connection between me and my wolf. However, I felt a presence, in me, strong, but vindictive. The presence, only wanted to hurt and cause pain and for a few second, I felt it was not my wolf. It was something else because the presence was encouraging me to hurt Rett, and my wolf, would have never done that.

Rett once again rushed towards me and this time the presence was encouraging me to kill him. I didn’t want that and when I was conflicting with that dangerous side, Rett collided his head against my stomach. I toppled over his body, before hitting the ground.

But as I stood up, the presence started taking over me. It felt like, every passing minute, I was doing what it was encouraging me to do. What is happening to me? I knew for sure, it wasn’t my wolf because she isn’t this vile. The presence inside me… it was poisonous! What is that?

Glaring at Rett, I growled. My growl wasn’t that powerful but it still caught Rett’s attention because he stopped and then stared at me.

‘Attack’ he commanded through the link.

It was then I realized my mindlink was back but the presence in me was not encouraging me to connect with others. Frowning, I gazed at Rett, only to see that he was looking at someone behind me. I turned and gasped when I saw Jan standing right behind me.

“Jan” I muttered and walked towards her, but stopped when she purposely took her claws out and bared her fangs in warning.

My best-friend too?

Are they doing this so that I can get my wolf? If they are, then it is not working. Because something bad is happening to me and I could sense it.

The presence was getting furious and now, I was slowly letting it take over me because it was too powerful to be pushed back, especially when I didn’t have my wolf fighting against it.

Growling, Jan rushed towards me and leaping high in the air, she kneed me in the shoulder. I fell near someone’s feet and as I looked up, Keith was standing there. His face was blank and he too had his claws out.

Kneeling, I glared at Keith daring him to attack me. Keith didn’t hesitate because by then, he held my hair and forced me to stand up. As I winced in pain, he punched me in the stomach and I went flying and fell a few steps away. Myron was the next one to join, followed by Cam, Ben and Terence. They too attacked me and clawed my hands and legs.

Sometime later, when I slowly managed to stand up, I looked at Rett, who had shifted back to his human form. He was fully dressed and he was glaring at me. In fact, they were all glaring at me.

I looked at them, one after the other. My mate, my brother, my best friend, my beta, my third-in-command and my other dear friends.

All were attacking me.

If they expected my wolf to return back this way, then it was not happening. She was not responding.

But the presence, which I felt inside me, was pacing in frustration. It was tired of encouraging me to fight back. Now, it wanted to take control over me.

I looked up at the sky and noticed that the moon had almost completed half of its trip across the sun’s face.

As the darkness started taking over, the presence inside me grew stronger and stronger. Blood rushed to my ears and I felt cold. My head was pounding badly and all I wanted to do was sleep like a log. I looked at my friends, who were staring at me in confusion, but none of them came to help me.

Staring at Rett, I closed my eyes, and that was the exact moment, the presence fully took over me.

I don’t remember anything that happened next.

EVERETT P.O.V

I sucked in a breath, when Templar opened her eyes, because at that moment, I saw that her eyeballs, instead of being red, were dark as night. She bared her fangs and then snarled murderously.

This was definitely not Templar.

Drew had fully taken over her now. I looked at the sky above and winced when I saw that moon had already shadowed half of the sun and the sky was now a dull dusky blue.

“It’s not her, is it?” January asked from beside me in a low.

“It’s not her” I confirmed and then rushing towards Templar, I caught her by the neck and slammed her down on the ground.  She closed her eyes and grinded her teeth. When I saw Templar in pain, my wolf started whimpering and immediately I loosened the hold I had on her.

I stood up and Templar soon followed suit. She rushed towards me and then leaping in the air, she kicked me in the face. I fell on the ground and growled lowly.

‘Your wolf wouldn’t like what you are doing. But it is your duty to push him back because you are doing this for Templar’ I recalled Adio’s words. I was against hurting her but Adio had said it was necessary to do this because if she is capable of moving, then the plan would be a huge flop.

Growling and pushing back my wolf, who was begging me to stop. I stood up and saw Terence and Keith hurting her. Since Adio knew I wouldn’t be able to hurt her, he had asked others to join me. The problem was even they couldn’t hurt Templar because they didn’t want to.

Surely we were hitting her, but we were not hurting her as much as we were asked to.

“She is healing” Myron said and I stiffened. When Drew takes over Templar’s body, she has her all powers with her. Hence, I could connect with her through the link.

“We only have twenty-five more minutes. We need to take her to the center” January imparted and I nodded nervously. My hands were shaking because I was scared.

I looked at Templar, who was fighting with Cam now. When Cam raised his hand to hit her, she stopped it with one hand and then punched him with the other hand. She then kicked him in the chest and he fell on the ground. She then targeted Ben, and after kicking and hitting him in the stomach twice, he too was down. Her next target was Keith.

She rushed towards him, skidded at the last moment and kicked him in the ankle. When Keith fell down on his stomach, she knelt on the ground and hit him at the back of the neck, knocking him out.

“Fuck! This is Templar’s power and Drew is using it” January muttered and I nodded grimly. There was no way Drew would have been able to knock all three of them out. Templar could have done that. We expected this and hence we didn’t bring her anywhere close to the sea, where she could have controlled the water. We brought her to a secluded land, far away from sea or any source of water, for that matter.

“Myron” I called, when I saw him stepping forward to attack Templar after Terence fell on the ground. “I will do it” I said through gritted teeth, stepping ahead.

“Only twenty minutes left” Myron warned and I nodded.

I stood facing Templar, who smirked at me. “Only twenty more minutes and your mate will be gone” she said with a smirk and this was the first time, I was facing her when she was possessed. The same voice, the same face, except, she wasn’t Templar. “You think you can save her from me? Hmm?” she asked tilting her head to side and looking at me with an amused expression. She had been hurt badly when she fought with others, because there was blood on the corner of her forehead, blood from a cut in her lips and blood on her stomach and jeans, where she got clawed by us.

“I am here to save her from you” I replied confidently and then smirked at her.

She growled at me and then rushed towards me. While she raised her knee, I raised my hand and hit her in the face. She reacted quickly by punching me in the stomach and I followed by catching her hand and throwing her away. She fell few meters away but quickly stood up and bared her fangs.

My wolf was getting restless every passing second. He didn’t want to hurt Templar that is all he was thinking about. Hence, while I had been in my wolf form, I was not able to attack her, which is why I shifted back.

This is not my mate, I kept reminding myself to push my wolf back.

As she rushed towards me again, I caught her by her waist and slammed her again on the ground. I had a tight grip on her neck and saw her struggling to fight from my hold. Holding her neck, I slammed her head again on the ground and she winced in pain.

“Rett” she whimpered and immediately, I loosened the hold I had on her. She smirked and then kneed me in the stomach. Drew was messing with me! Grinding my teeth, I muttered a curse and then punched her in the face. If I had wanted to, then I could have punched her really hard, but I didn’t because in some weird way, I am still hurting Templar.

She spat blood and then stood up, wiping her lips. She had blood covering most of her body and I winced when I saw that. Once again she rushed towards me and punched me in the face twice. However, before she could punch the third time, I caught her small fist and then punched her right below her ribs and then ignoring her groan of pain, I caught her stomach and toppled her until she fell on the ground, head first.

I watched her as she closed her eyes and whimpered in pain. To ensure she was still more in pain, I closed my eyes and then kicked her ankle. My wolf howled in anguish when I did that.

‘Remember Mr. Green, if you want to save your mate, then when she is possessed, you will have to hurt her a lot” Adio had told me.

Opening my eyes, I looked down at Templar. She was clutching her stomach and whimpering and I felt guilt enveloping my heart. However, when she opened her eyes, I saw a different her.

A possessed her.

“Rett, fifteen more minutes” Terence reminded and I nodded.

Catching a fistful of her dark hair in one hand and her arm in another, I started dragging Templar.

“Rett” she called weakly and my wolf whined repeatedly, asking me to loosen the hold I had on her. “It’s me” she added and I gulped.

“It’s not your mate” Myron snapped at me. “Take her to the temple” Myron commanded when he saw my pale expression.

‘When you bring her near the temple Mr. Green, she will use all tactics to make sure you leave her. Just keep reminding yourself that she is not your mate. If it doesn’t help, then for your mate’s sake, just don’t look at her face’ Adio had said the moment he saw my shaken look after I agreed to hurt Templar.

Pushing back my wolf, I gritted my teeth and then continued dragging her, without looking at her face.

“Let me go” she screamed, this time, her voice was malicious and that helped because it was easier to remind myself that she was not my Templar, when she speaks like that. “You cannot save your mate” she added. “If you try to hurt me, she will die too” she continued talking and I stopped in my tracks.

‘Why cannot you ask Tarik to put her to sleep? Why do I have to hurt her?’ I had demanded with Adio in the meeting.

‘If I ask Tarik to put her sleep, then either I will lose my son or you will lose your mate Mr. Green’ Adio replied stiffly and I turned an ashen shade.

‘What are you saying?’ I asked in shock.

‘They will be holding each other’s hand and Tarik will possess all of Templar’s body’s energy. When Patricia comes, Drew will not die. My son or your mate will.’

‘I have to hurt her?’

‘I want her to be possessed when she is brought to that center Mr. Green. I want her to be completely possessed. When you challenge her for a fight, as soon as the eclipse starts, the spirit will slowly take over her body. As time passes, it will take full charge and that is when I want her in the center because only then, Patricia, will be able to not only take it out of her, but also to send that spirit to hell’ Adio answered gently.

“Rett go. You have only twelve more minutes” Keith yelled and I just realized that he had regained consciousness. Letting out a breath, I blinked and then nodded.

“I will kill you all. I will kill you all for doing this to me” Templar, who was possessed by Drew, spat in rage.

I tightened the grip; I had on her hair and continued dragging her. She tried to break free, but it wasn’t possible for her. Once or twice, she clawed me, but the pain was nothing I couldn’t bear.

When I looked up, I was pleased to see that I was near the entrance of the temple. Loud music from drums and other instruments could be heard, because prayer was going on inside the temple.

Gritting my teeth, I ignored the pain I felt when she clawed me once more. She was trying her best to fight my hold. Once or twice, she even stopped by trying to hold onto something. But every single time, I was successful in dragging her.

“There” Tarik, who was standing near to the temple entrance, pointed to the spiral that was done on the ground, behind Patricia’s statue, but ahead of the temple.

“Come on. It’s time to say goodbye” I addressed Drew walking towards the spiral.

There was a screeching sound from Templar and I knew Drew was causing it. He was scared and he should be.

She kept kicking and screaming full throttle, asking me to let her go, but I did not. I knew, while we are here, trying to take the spirit out of her body, Randall and his team were engaged in keeping it there forever.

As I passed Patricia’s statue, she sat on the ground, squirming violently, flailing her legs, kicking and letting out that earsplitting screech. The screech was something different; out of this world kind… it was scary and someone with a weak heart could die just by hearing it.

Growling murderously, I forced her to stand up and then quickly walking ahead, I literally pushed her so hard, that she fell exactly at the center of that spiral.

I was tired of this!

I wanted that vengeful spirit out of my mate’s body… now!

The six rings Archimedean spiral, done by Adio, was a little different. It was different because Adio had dug the ground up to six inches, in the shape of the spiral and then had gasoline and water flow through it.

“Step back, Mr. Green” Adio said and I looked at him to see that he was holding a flaming torch.

Once Templar, who was now completely possessed by Drew’s spirit, fell at the center of the circle, Adio set fire on the outer end of the spiral. Immediately, fire spread on the six rings until it reached the inner end of the circle. I watched as she tried to get out but it was impossible for her, because fire was all around her.

She was screaming and trying to jump through it, but she couldn’t jump through it.

I gulped and watched in horror, wondering what was going to happen next. I looked at Adio, who passed the flame to Tarik and then went towards Patricia’s statue.

“Only seven more minutes” January mumbled in a whisper and I looked up at the sky.

The sky was now a shade of midnight blue and there was only minutes left for the corona, which would eventually lead to totality.

“Your prayer is necessary. If you want the White Wolf back, then your prayer is necessary. You have to ask the Goddess to send Patricia’s soul, back to earth, so that she can send that evil spirit to hell” Adio had told us.

Entwining my fingers, I prayed. All I prayed was that the Goddess was to send Patricia’s soul for just few minutes to save the White Wolf.

That is what the wolves from Myron as well as our pack were doing. They were praying. Ophelia and other ladies had conducted a prayer in our pack, while Genessa was conducting a prayer in FireLight pack.

“Mr. Lassiter” Adio called and immediately Myron walked towards him, where he was standing in front of Patricia’s statue.  Adio handed Myron a small knife, and queried, “Are you being forced to give this blood or are you giving it in your own free will?”

I will forever be in debt of Myron, for doing this to help Templar.

“In my own free will” Myron replied without hesitation, and then cut his palm with the blade of the knife. He held his hand ahead and then let the blood sprinkle on the flaming torch, held by Patricia’s statue.

I glanced at Templar and found that, she was growling and trying her best to jump, but it was impossible because by now, the flame had rose higher than I had expected. She was running her hand through her hair, looking around, taking a step ahead and then jumping back, when the flames rose. She was screaming, she was growling, she was threatening but her voice was absorbed by the loud music coming from the temple.

Myron stepped back and stood beside Keith, who was standing to my left, while January was standing to my right. We were at least ten feet away from Patricia’s statue because Tarik had asked us to stand there. Adio had already warned that no one should come in Patricia’s way, because then she might kill you too.

I looked at Adio, who placed his clenched fist over his heart and was chanting. His whole body was shaking and I winced when I saw that. Adio, was dressed in a golden color robe and finally, I could see the locket of his long gold chain. The locket, as expected, was of sun with rays around it.

Adio, was a mystic, and they all had certain chants during which they would ask for God’s help and today, Adio wasn’t asking for moon Goddess’s help. He was asking help from his father, the sun God, to send Patricia back to earth. Patricia, was born during eclipse and hence the sun God, was her creator too. Just like The God of Ocean, was Templar’s creator.

Adio, opened his eyes and fist at the same time and I noticed that he was holding a fistful of a mixture of fine gold and silver powder. Raising his hand, he threw the powder at the flaming torch, Patricia’s statue was holding.

What happened next was nothing short of a miracle!

The flame rose higher and higher. It was almost tree high but that was not it. The flame spread all over Patricia’s statue too and now, the whole statue, was in flames. The flame spread around the statue in a circle and continued rising higher and higher.

No one spoke. Everyone was just watching what was happening.

Amidst the flame, I could still make out the curvaceous and earthy form of Patricia’s statue. Closing my eyes, I continued praying and begging at the same time.

When I heard a sharp intake of January’s breath, I opened my eyes and sucked in a breath when I saw that the flame around Patricia’s statue was slowly dying down. Gulping, I looked at the sky and gasped when I saw that the corona was now visible.

There was total darkness and the sky had turned midnight blue. Birds, mistook it for night. Some flew to their home, while others began singing.

As I looked back at the statue, I sucked in a breath when I noticed that over the pedestal, where Patricia’s statue was standing in a dramatic position, just minutes earlier, now stood a beautiful woman, holding the same flaming torch.

“Dear Goddess… Is it true?” January whispered.

“Or am I dreaming?” Keith added from the other side.

“No. It is indeed…” Myron began.

“Patricia” I concluded.

****

Hope you liked it :D

This was long, next will be longer and it will be posted on 16th :)

Please vote, comment and follow :D

Okay, I am off to watch the firecrackers….

Bye :-*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.8K 1.7K 29
This story is not about rejection or my pack beause I would have had to know about werewolves before I fell in love with one. With a family cabin al...
457K 13.8K 43
patreon.com/user?u=78988691 Emily is a healer within the Blue Stone Pack, Cain is Alpha of the Fire Crest Pack. They met two years ago by the hand of...
1.2M 46.6K 31
Book 4 of The Alpha Series! Cannot be read as a standalone book! Highest rank: #1 in Werewolf genre on 06/11/2019! Amelia Reid and Ivan Romanov were...
23.3M 637K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...