Knight Wolf and Little Robin...

By grimreaperbarbie

Batman, Robin, and Knight Wolf... it had been that way for years. That is until Dick Grayson left in the nigh... More

Part One: The Rise
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE, DO NOT SKIP
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Author's Note (Don't Skip)
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Part 2: The Fall
Prologue (5 years ago)
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 2.2

Chapter 57

7.1K 272 190
By grimreaperbarbie

Jason stood next to the Batsignal, looking out over the city as Bruce stood in front of Gordon, waiting for an explanation as to why they were called, "What is it?"

"Surely you've seen the papers." Gordon started. "We have a serial killer on our hands."

"The Melting Man." Bruce nodded, bringing up the name Jason had heard a few times in the past few days. "I've heard. Does the Gotham PD have any leads?"

"We don't, but you might." Gordon reached into his jacket, pulling out a thin folder to hand to Bruce. Jason studied it before Bruce took it, wondering how the hell anything useful could fit into something that small. "These were sent to the station addressed to Robin."

Oh. Maybe that's how it was useful. He straightened up, walking over to the two men as Gordon turned to face him, "Maybe someone you helped put away that's gotten out?"

"I don't think I've ever pissed off someone that melts people's faces off." He shrugged, thinking hard about that statement. He could think it was true, but the real truth was he had pissed so many people off that it was hard to keep them all in a row.

Gordon nodded, gesturing to the folder in Bruce's hands, "Well, maybe when you get a look at these, you'll think of something."

"We'll check them out." Bruce promised taking off as Gordon turned around to start walking to the other side of the rooftop.

"It's a shit show out there." Gordon sighed, turning back around to see Bruce gone and Jason standing in his spot. "I take it you still haven't learned that trick yet?"

"I have, I just wanted to know if there was anything else you needed to say." Jason shrugged. Gordon shook his head as Jason turned to climb up on the ledge. "Fine. Then we're done here."

"I don't know what's going on with you, but you need to get it under control before you get yourself or someone else killed." Gordon said sternly as he judged the distance from the roof to the ground. He had made the jump a thousand times before with Blair, both usually laughing and chasing each other from rooftop to rooftop.

Not looking back, Jason waved him off, taking a step to jump, "Yeah, yeah, I'll think long and hard about that on the way down."

********

Jason parked his motorcycle in the Batcave, immediately walking into the changing room to change into sweatpants and a t-shirt. It had been a long enough few days even without the serial killer's new bird obsession. He wondered what Blair would have done, what she would have said if she was there. No doubt she'd already have a few theories about who the Melting Man was.

He finished wiping the black paint off his eyes, turning to walk out of the changing room. The minute he left, he saw River leaning against the wall across from him. He rolled his eyes, "She's not here. She went to go visit Dick in Michigan."

"I know." River nodded. "Alfred told me."

"Then why are you here?" He snapped, unable to help himself. If Blair wasn't there, it only seemed fair that River disappeared to. But this was real life and real life sucked.

"I promised to help Alfred with your injuries and the coms." River reminded him, peeking himself off the wall.

"Yeah, you promised Blair. Who isn't here. So you can go now." Jason pushed past him, walking to the training area, shoving his bruised hand into his pocket to avoid having to deal with River any longer.

"What happened?" The other boy asked, following him through the cave. Jason let out a loud annoyed sigh. It was just his luck that River didn't take the hint. Without Blair as a buffer in between them, he couldn't be sure that he wouldn't kill him. "Did you finally tell her how you feel and she turned you down?"

Jason scoffed, "No, that was you dipshit."

"Did you tell her how you feel?"

"Let's get one thing fucking clear, man." He snapped finally, turning around to fix River with a piercing glare. "You and I are not close enough friends for you to be asking me shit like that."

River looked Jason up and down, raising an eyebrow, "We're friends?"

"No, you're right." Jason turned back around, starting to walk again. "We're not so fuck off and leave me alone."

He walked over to where Bruce sat at the computer, the contents of the folder spread out across the desk top. He was expecting to see police reports or something equally as unhelpful to the case, but what he saw was something much, much worse. "Jesus fucking Christ, these are creepy as shit."

"Do you recognize any of these people?" Bruce asked, sliding the photos over to him to study better.

Jason picked up one of the photos, studying the body in the picture. He was sure he didn't know who it was, who any of them were, but with the damage done to their faces, he actually really couldn't tell.

"Shit, what did that?" River exclaimed, looking over his shoulder at the photo. Jason handed him the photo, picking up another one, flipping it over to read the name. An unfamiliar name. "Some type of acid?"

Bruce drummed his fingers on the desk thoughtfully as he repeated River's words to himself, "Acid."

"I don't know any of these people." Jason said finally, setting the photos back down on the desk. "Why would this freak send these to Gotham PD for me?"

Bruce turned around facing the screens, typing in the names of the victims into the computer's database. Jason had asked Alfred if it was illegal once, seeing as they pretty much had government level access to everyone's private files and background. Alfred hadn't given him a straight answer, just something about serving the greater good.

"Because they think you're someone else." Bruce said finally, pointing to the details by each of their names.

"They all worked at Haly's Circus together?" Jason read aloud after finding the common denominator between them. "Why does that name sound so fucking familiar?"

The sound of the keys typing again filled the cave as everyone waited in silence. Within seconds, an article from almost fifteen years ago popped up on the screen. Jason read the headline, the name Grayson sticking out at him.

"These people weren't killed with some common acid." Bruce explained. "They were killed with hydrofluoric acid, the calling card of the Maroni crime family and the same acid used to burn the ropes the night Mary and John Grayson died."

Jason let out a low whistle, "Dick Grayson's parents."

"I'm confused." River said, his eyes darting between the screen and the photos.

Jason snorted, "Shocker."

"Why send them to Robin and not Dick Grayson?" River asked, ignoring Jason's comment. "If this is supposed to be some kind of message, wouldn't that make more sense?"

Bruce didn't respond, he just logged into the server from which he used to track both Jason and Blair whenever he needed to find one of them quickly. Jason blinked in surprise as he typed in Dick's name, "You still have him on the GPS?"

A small blinking dot popped up on the screen labeled with Dick's name alongside Blair's own signal. They seemed to be in the middle of nowhere Illinois... not Detroit, Michigan. Jason stared at the blinking dots in confusion, wondering why they were in a completely different state than Blair had said she was going to be in.

River leaned in closer to see the location before raising an eyebrow at Jason, "I thought you said they were in Michigan."

"Do me a favor and just shut the fuck up." Jason said, narrowing his eyes in River's direction.

"Jason, go pack a bag and come back down here to get your suit." Bruce ordered, gathering all the photos up to put in the folder again. "I'm putting you on a plane."

Jason turned to face him in confusion, "You don't think we can handle this here?"

"Dick knows more people from the circus than we do. Besides, you've been trying to find a loophole to Blair's note since she left." Bruce gave him a knowing look, holding out the folder for him to take. "Here it is."

********

Jason threw his bedroom door open, immediately dragging his backpack out from underneath his bed. Popchik lifted his head from his spot at the foot of his bed before going back to sleep. Jason threw the backpack onto the bed, moving to his dresser to grab clothes. In just a few short hours, he was going to see Blair again. He was going to see Blair and meet Dick Grayson.

"Need help?" A voice asked from the doorway behind him.

Jason jumped, turning around to see River leaning against the entry way, "Fucking hell, you're worse than Popchik, you know that?"

"Sorry." River shrugged as Jason turned back around, shoving the clothes into his backpack. "I'm serious though, do you want help?"

Jason laughed in disbelief, turning to look at him, "Why would I-"

Suddenly, what he was packing for hit him hard. He sank down to his bed, looking down at his shoes. He was going to see Blair, the same girl that he kissed just a few days ago, the one that left in the middle of the night, leaving a note behind in her place. He still had no idea why she had left other than her vague excuse of "needing to figure things out." But what things? Would she even want to see him? After all, she hadn't even answered his calls or texts.

"What's going on here?" River asked in concern. "Did your brain just die?"

"What?" Jason shook his head. "No."

"Then why are you just sitting there when you should be packing to go meet Dick Grayson and your girlfriend?" River asked, glancing around the room awkwardly.

Jason's head shot up at the word, "Girlfriend?"

"I have eyes you know." River rolled his eyes. "I know you're in love with her and she's in love with you."

Jason raised an eyebrow at his words, "Bold words for the guy that just confessed his feelings for her the other night."

"You want to know what I told her the other night?" River walked into the room, sitting on Jason's desk chair. "I told her that I used to have feelings for her. I asked her about her feelings for you. She didn't give me a clear answer, but she didn't really have to. It's so obvious to literally everyone that has eyes."

Jason thought back to the night of the bonfire, how Mary had said something about how River was into Blair but that she was in love with someone else. He didn't really think much about it at the time, but with River's words, it started to make sense. Maybe Blair did love him after all.

"She's different, you and I both know that. And not in that cliché way they talk about in books and movies." River continued, leaning back in the chair, his hands behind his head. "Let me guess, something happened between the two of you and she took off after it right?"

Jason narrowed his eyes at him, "You really are an annoying know-it-all. It's a wonder she keeps you around."

"She keeps you around and you're an asshole." River pointed out, to which Jason raised his middle finger. "Classy. Really." Jason shrugged, leaning over to scratch Popchik behind his ears. River let out an exasperated sigh, "Look, I'm trying to be your friend here. Can you just let me?"

Jason studied him closely for a second, looking for any sign of insincerity. For the past few months, all they had done was argue, something he recognized now as jealousy. If River was right, he had no reason to be jealous of him anymore. "Fine."

"Cool." River nodded, leaning forward. "Now as your friend, why the fuck aren't you packing?"

"Because." He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I don't know if she'll even want to see me."

"Well, even if she doesn't, you have a job to do. Bruce said to deliver those pictures to Dick Grayson, so that's what you're gonna do." River reminded him. "But I don't think she won't want to see you."

"Have you heard from her?" He asked, not sure if he actually wanted the answer to that question.

Much to his relief, River just shook his head, "No, she hasn't responded to any of my texts."

"Then, no offense, but how the hell would you know?"

"Because I've never met a person that didn't want to see someone they love." River responded, like it was obvious.

Jason stared at him for a second, thinking about the many times they had argued in the past. He thought about the many times Blair had said they would get along just fine if Jason would just give him a chance. If she would have been there right then, he was sure she would be grinning from ear to ear. He made a mental note to tell her when he saw her.

An idea sparked in his mind as he started to finish packing. He turned to face River, "Hey, can you do me a favor?"

"It depends on what you're about to ask me." River warned.

"It's for Blair." River cocked his head to the side in confusion at his words. "Pack her suit and sword. If I'm taking mine, it only seems right that she has hers."

River's eyes widened as he stood up from the chair, "What the hell am I supposed to put the sword in?"

"There's gotta be something down there for it." Jason shrugged.

"Okay." River nodded finally, heading to the door. "Just hurry the fuck up. You act like she knows how to stay in one place."

********

Jason sat in the backseat of one of Bruce's cars next to the cases holding his and Blair's suit. On the floor by his feet was Blair's sword, River having found a case for it that reminded him of the cases people in the band used to carry in school when he went.

Alfred was in the driver's seat, having volunteered to take him to the airport, saying Bruce needed to go in to work as the billionaire playboy. He didn't think Bruce was going to drive him anyway.

"Maybe you should bring her flowers, Master Jason." Alfred said, looking at him in the rearview mirror. Jason turned away from the window to look at the older man in confusion. "I could stop at a shop along the way."

"Don't I have to be at the airport at a specific time?" He asked.

"I'm taking you to Master Wayne's private airport." Alfred responded, giving him a reassuring smile in the mirror. "We can take however long is necessary."

Jason blinked in surprise, "Private- you know what, I don't know why I'm surprised."

Alfred nodded, changing lanes, "I will also be your pilot."

"Have you ever flown a plane before?" Jason asked skeptically. He knew Alfred was a badass, but there was a difference between being able to kick ass on the ground and being able to fly a plane.

"I used to be a Special Operations agent before I was a butler, sir." Alfred raised an eyebrow. "Who do you think taught Bruce Wayne to pilot an aircraft?"

"Of course you did." Jason laughed, shaking his head. "You're Batman's Batman."

Alfred smiled at the nickname, "So do you want to stop and get Miss Blair flowers?"

"No thanks." Jason responded, shifting his gaze to the case on the floor by his feet. "I think she'll be happier with her things than with flowers."

"Very well." Alfred smiled knowingly. "We'll be at the airport in thirty minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on their trackers so I know which airport to land."

"Are you gonna stay?" Jason asked, the thought just then occurring to him.

"No, sir. I will be flying myself back to Gotham until you call for my services. The house doesn't just keep itself tidy, you know." Jason readied himself for a lecture about all the times him and Blair had made a mess in the kitchen or thrown a pillow too far, knocking over a priceless lamp. Instead, Alfred looked at him in amusement. "Neither does Master Wayne. The man probably wouldn't get out of bed in the morning if not for me, but let's just keep that between us, right?"

Jason smiled, "Sure thing, Alfred."

He turned to look out the window at the buildings passing by. Just a few more hours. Just a few more hours and he was going to see Blair again.

A/N: The next chapter is the reunion!!! Depending on how much caffeine I consume, you might get it tonight as well, assuming Wattpad continues WORKING BECAUSE IT WASN'T FOR THREE HOURS. Shout-out to everyone thats listening to the playlist, I'm glad you're all enjoying it (spoiler is a Halsey song) and thank you for supporting me!!!

Also: hxartfelt  HAAAAAAYYYYYYY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 3.7K 17
"Don't you know who they are?" "No, should I?" "They're the Wayne boys, kind of odd, but so hot." ◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇ Jason and Richard (Dick) Wayn...
143K 2.5K 119
Dick Grayson is not the easiest person to be around, but Cassie is probably the only person in the entire world who has been there for every single p...
436K 13.6K 33
"Grayson. Looking as good as ever." "Madalyn... we had an agreement," Dick responded dryly, dark eyes just barely seeing me. I could tell from the ci...
5.5K 265 73
REVIVAL: This story follows the plot of Book 1 (EUPHORIA). MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T READ EUPHORIA. Ellie is gone from Gotham, lost in a c...