Still I Rise - BTS/OT7

By ClosetKPopFan

Foster parents were supposed to be there for you when your biological parents couldn't, but that was not the... More

Welcome
Teaser
1 - Escape From Hell
2 - Nothing to Lose
3 - It's Not About Size
4 - Answers
5 - The Burdens We Carry
7 - Feathers & Blades
8 - Control
9.1 Cliff Hangers
9.2 Cliff Hangers
10 - The Seductress
11 - Wild & Childish
12 - History Repeats Itself
13 - Family Reunion
14 - Such a Kid
15 - Unveiled Secrets
16 - The Gentlemen
17 - Strange
18 - Kiss from a Rose
19 - The Ghosts That Haunt Us
20 - How High?
21 - Sucker Punched
22 - Short Circuit
23 - Too Close To Home
24 - Angel
25 - Risky Business
26 - Aftermath
27 - Paint the Town
28 - Flock of Crows
29 - Stages of Grief
30 - Lotus
31 - I Trust You
32 - The Calm
33 - Poisoned Blade
34 - Sleepless Nights
35 - Never Be The Same
36 - Uncharted Territory
37 - Sweetheart
38 - Attack on Bangtan
39 - Answers
40 - Returning Blades

6 - A New Normal

642 46 87
By ClosetKPopFan

2 Months Later

Charlie's eyes fluttered open as she heard the faint sound of birds chirping outside her window. She glanced at the empty space beside her, still trying to get used to Jungkook not being there every night.

After the first few weeks, the two of them were opening up more to their new family, so Jungkook decided to start sleeping in his room, the one he shared with Namjoon, which Charlie didn't mind. They didn't need to sleep together for safety or warmth anymore and figured they should fully embrace their new normal.

Charlie did think it was weird not having that extra body next to her every night, but she started to enjoy having a room to herself, especially since Taehyung and Jimin would often pop in to take a shower in the mornings if the other bathroom was occupied. Initially, it annoyed her, but having 6 men share one bathroom started a lot of fights and this was now just part of the norm, and she liked having a little normal in her life.

She trudged to the bathroom before getting ready for the day, tying her hair up in a ponytail and putting on some comfortable clothes. She eagerly rushed downstairs, smiling as she greeted Namjoon and Jin, noticing the rest of the seats were empty.

"Where is everyone?" she asked.

"Yoongi is in his study, Hoseok and Jimin decided to go down to the training room in order to prep some stuff for today's session, Tae is hiding out in his geek cave, and your best friend is still in our room, sleeping," Namjoon replied.

"Thanks," Charlie said, grabbing some food to-go and heading back upstairs to Taehyung and Jimin's room.

When Charlie reached their room, she knocked, earning a quiet 'come in' from the other side of the door. She opened it only to notice that no one was in there.

"In here," she heard from the walk-in closet, or, as the other guys called it, Taehyung's "geek cave." She walked across their bedroom, making a mental note to tell Jimin to clean up his side of the room a bit, and over to where Taehyung was.

She had grown close to Taehyung over the last two months since she felt bad that he spent most of his time behind his computers. She knew he didn't mind staying in, but whenever she left the house, she always invited him to tag along with her. As a thank you, he would download any movie she wanted to watch, and they would hang out in the living room or even her room to watch it together.

One night, he heard her sneaking out of her room down to the training room, something she would do often in order to train more and build up her muscles for hands-on combat. He watched with a small smile as she walked towards the punching bags, wrapping both her hands before throwing punches against the bag in front of her. As he shuffled further into the room, Charlie turned at the sound, surprised to see him there. She offered to show him some moves and he accepted. After that, sparring at midnight sort of became another one of their things.

"Morning," Taehyung said as he turned his chair towards her, a sucker stick poking out of his mouth.

"Hey!" Charlie greeted, sitting down and putting her feet up on the desk as she relaxed into the extra seat he had, taking a bite out of her toast.

"Get your dirty feet off my stuff!" Taehyung shouted, hitting her feet. Charlie immediately put them down, her hands up in the air in surrender.

"Geez sorry," Charlie said sarcastically. "So whatcha working on this early already?" Charlie looked at the computer screens, trying to decipher the code.

"Let's not confuse that pretty head of yours," Taehyung said, winking at her.

"Oh shut up," Charlie spat back. "But seriously, what is all this?" She stood up and looked over Taehyung's shoulder.

This wasn't the first time she had asked about what and how he does what he does. She knew she would never learn how to hack into anything or place a virus in someone's system, but she was curious to learn at least a little bit about what he was doing. Plus, Taehyung did not mind teaching her, he was actually excited to be able to explain what he does and not have someone roll their eyes at him. All the other guys poked fun at him for being the nerd and geek, but Charlie was curious and always complimented him on how smart he was.

Taehyung took out the sucker from his mouth and used it to point at the screen to his right. "So, this is a potential lead we have for a drug pusher in the area. Yoongi asked me to look into him. Just need to figure out when he is transporting the next shipment," he shared.

Taehyung started typing in some things to further look into the guy, trying his best to explain to Charlie what he was doing. She nodded and focused on what he was clicking and typing in order to gain access to the target's personal computer.

"And voila! His personal computer desktop," he said, grinning victoriously. Taehyung sat back in his chair and looked over to Charlie, waiting for his compliment.

"Amazing, as always," Charlie said sarcastically, but still gave him a smile.

"Oh! I almost forgot." Taehyung reached over to the other side of his desk, picking up a phone and handing it to her. "I downloaded all the songs you requested, plus a couple bonus ones," he said, giving her a smirk. Charlie took her cell phone and started looking through all the songs, a huge smile on her face.

"You are the best!" she exclaimed.

"I know," he replied. Taehyung reached his hands behind his head, proud of himself. "I would never have pegged you for a hard rock girl, but I must say, I don't mind your choice in music."

Charlie finally looked up and gave him a grateful smile. "Now you just need to help me get the others on board," she said while Taehyung shook his head, leaning back towards the monitor.

"Well, I'll let you get back to work. Thanks again!" Charlie said as she walked out of the room. She quickly stopped by her room and grabbed her headphones before heading down to the training room to get in a quick cardio workout this morning.

As she walked into the training room, she saw Jimin laying on the mat, stretching, while Hoseok was standing over a table full of gadgets that he was piecing together. She gave them both a small nod as she put in her headphones and headed towards the treadmill. She took off the t-shirt she was wearing, exposing her sports bra.

It took about a month for Charlie to be more comfortable around the guys, but she figured if the guys can train and workout without a shirt, why can't she be in just her sports bra? When she finally had the courage to take her shirt off in front of them, she was glad that the guys didn't look at her any differently, except for Jimin who always teased her about everything.

Charlie blasted her hard rock music into her ears and zoned out, focusing on her run. After about 10 minutes, she saw Jungkook come downstairs. He gave her a small wave and then walked over to Hoseok before they made their way to the weapons rooms.

When Charlie finished her run she looked over at Jimin and saw him eyeing her.

"What?" She asked, clearly annoyed.

"Let's run over some things," Jimin said, standing up. Charlie rolled her eyes and walked over to him.

"What do we need to run over?" Charlie stood on the mat and put her hands on her hips, waiting for him to answer. All he did was chuckle and smile at her, skimming her clothing again before locking his eyes with hers.

"Nice outfit today," he said, giving her a wink. Charlie bit her inner cheek and shook her head, trying her best to ignore the comment. "Turn around," he requested while Charlie crossed her arms.

"What the hell is this Park?"

"Just turn around," Jimin repeated. Charlie huffed, shooting him a final glare before complying. Once she was facing the opposite direction, Jimin wrapped his arms around her, pinning her own against her chest. He brought his lips close to her ear. "Escape," he whispered.

Jimin would run through this with Charlie a lot. He told her that she should always know how to get out of a fight more than starting one. Charlie wiggled as much as she could, getting her arm far enough away from him and then bringing it back, hard and fast, sending her elbow into his stomach. Jimin took the hit, but still held onto her.

This went on for about 5 more minutes before Charlie was finally free, actually managing to pin Jimin herself. She was so excited that she had finally beaten him that she couldn't stop smiling. It didn't last long though since Jimin managed to reverse the roles quickly by pinning Charlie, like he always did. She let out a defeated groan right before tapping out and Jimin just smiled at her.

"He's not an easy opponent so don't get too down about it."

Charlie looked up and saw that Namjoon was standing by the mat. "Want to go practice some more?" Namjoon asked, stepping towards her as he helped her off the mat.

"Hell yeah, as long as I get a break from him," she replied, eager to get away from Jimin as she turned back to glare at him.

"Ouch, sweetheart, and here I thought we were finally getting close," he replied, a smirk on his face as she watched the irritation grow on her expression.

"Hell no," she muttered, getting ready to walk away before she turned back to him. "Oh, and by the way, make sure to clean your damn room," she said before jogging towards Namjoon.

Charlie followed the blonde-haired man to the weapons room where it looked like Jungkook and Hoseok were just finishing up, cleaning their guns that they used for practice. Charlie grabbed a handful of throwing blades and followed Namjoon to their lane that had a dummy at the far end. Namjoon had her practice with both arms, trying to get her technique equal on both sides, as well as increase her speed and improve her accuracy. When she first started, her arms ached for days as she built up the muscle. Now, she was strong and could throw a blade pretty hard and pretty fast that even Jungkook was impressed with her biceps.

She eagerly ran through quite a few tries, her accuracy getting better as she kept throwing the blades. She would retrieve them and try again while Namjoon would provide suggestions for how to improve on little things he noticed.

When she started to get tired, Namjoon told her they were done for the day. They put the blades away and headed out to the training room, witnessing Jimin teach Jungkook some new moves as Jungkook nodded and tried to execute them. Charlie then noticed Jin and Taehyung standing around the mat, watching as well while she wondered what they were doing down here.

"Hey, Yoongi needs to meet with us. He'll be down in a bit," Jin informed as Namjoon walked over to him. Namjoon nodded before looking back down at the two on the mat.

Jimin managed to pin Jungkook, stopping their session as they relaxed on the mat, catching their breath. Charlie sat down on the mat next to Jungkook with Taehyung joining her side.

"How's training going?" Jin asked Namjoon, loud enough for everyone to hear the conversation.

"It's good, Charlie's fighting technique has improved tremendously. She almost had Jimin pinned down this morning," Namjoon praised while Charlie became flustered by the compliment, shyly thanking him.

"Aww, our little Charlotte is growing up," Taehyung teased, causing everyone to look at him.

Jimin let out a light laugh before looking at Charlie. "Your real name's Charlotte?"

Charlie scowled at him, growing more irritated with the grey haired man. She turned to Taehyung, trying to control her frustration. "How the hell do you even know that?" she asked.

"I'm the tech nerd, remember? It's not that hard to find out," he said, grinning at her while she continued to stare him down, eyes narrowed.

"What else do you know?" she pushed.

He glanced at Jungkook before his eyes locked with Charlie's. "Well, I was able to find out about where the both of you have lived before, including your past foster homes, and then there are your school records, police reports... hospital records," he shared, mumbling the last two words.

Charlie's eyes widened before she looked at Jungkook for a moment. A thought popped into her head at the mention of foster homes and her hospital records. She quickly turned back towards Taehyung. "Would you be able to look into our old foster parents? See if they have any kids at the moment?" she asked.

Taehyung's expression turned solemn as he remembered the night Jungkook told them about their past. He didn't even hesitate when he agreed to her request. "Of course! As soon as Yoongi is done talking with us, I'll look into it and let you know what I find," he said, giving her a small smile.

"How come you never told us about your real name?" Jin asked.

"Do I look like a Charlotte to you?" Charlie said, raising her eyebrows with a small smile.

"It would be the perfect stage name," Jimin said, winking at her. Charlie had gotten used to most of Jimin's teasing, but it still annoyed her. She couldn't figure out if this guy was just trying to get under her skin or if he actually wanted to sleep with her.

Charlie glared at Jimin as he laughed.

"Definitely more of a Charlie," Hoseok chimed in from the table he was standing over, still working on his gadgets.

With perfect timing, Yoongi was seen coming down the stairs and approached everyone. He motioned for everyone to come to another table in the corner of the room that had no chairs around it, but everyone spread out and found a place to stand around it. Yoongi threw a picture down on the table, letting it slide to the middle. Charlie immediately recognized the man in the picture as the guy Taehyung was looking into this morning.

"This is one of the drug pushers for Ganghan. He will be accepting a shipment of their latest drug from outside the city tonight. I need a team to intercept the meeting and make sure that Ganghan never receives that shipment," Yoongi shared. He looked up at everyone and both Charlie and Jungkook knew that Hoseok and Jimin would be the ones going in. "Jungkook, Charlie, are you two ready?"

Both their eyes widened as they looked at each other and then back at Yoongi.

"Wait, are you serious?" Jungkook asked and Yoongi couldn't help but let a small smile grace his lips. He nodded and Charlie's heart started to race a little. She was excited, but also very nervous at the same time.

"You won't be going in alone though. Breaker and Ember will be joining you," Yoongi said, looking over to Jimin and Hoseok. Yoongi paused for a bit as he looked over to his newest recruits. "So what do you say, Hotshot and Blade?"

All eyes were on Jungkook and Charlie, who were excited as they officially had their codenames. Jungkook looked over at Charlie who smiled and nodded back at him.

"We're in!" they both replied at the same time.

"Good. Here's the plan: Ember and Hotshot will be posted in the adjacent building keeping an eye on the perimeter while Breaker and Blade will be infiltrating the meetup location when the shipment arrives. We want whatever is being shipped, so make sure it gets there," Yoongi said as everyone nodded in agreement. "Circuit will be watching the cameras, as always, with Chemist nearby for transport. We head out at 2200 hours."

Yoongi then turned to Taehyung and Hoseok. "Get them fitted with the gear they are going to need and let me know if we are missing anything," the leader requested while both men nodded in response. "Questions?"

No one said anything as Yoongi picked up the picture and file he had placed on the table before walking back upstairs. Namjoon looked up at Jungkook and Charlie, who were standing across the table from him.

"Welcome to Bangtan, Hotshot and Blade," he said as he smiled at them, turning to follow Yoongi back upstairs.

How are you liking the story so far?? ----->

This story is in collaboration with @GalxyDefendr and she is AMAZING!!!

Updates will be a little more spread out now that we got it going. We are hoping for at least once a week, but please be patient with us if it's longer and if it's more than once a week...you are welcome! 

I know we don't go into detail with the codenames, but hopefully you will be able to figure that out as you read through the story.

Thank you!! Don't forget to comment and vote!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

831K 27.8K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
14.9K 697 11
There's a reason Yoongi didn't tell his members about his teen years. When something goes wrong with BigHit, desperation sends him back to the places...
134K 3.9K 36
[COMPLETED] She was living her life normally until one day she found out everything that was going on. The things that went wrong in her life. The ca...
14.1K 654 18
Genre: Crime Drama/Romance Setting: The story takes place in a tough city where crime families rule, blending old traditions with today's technology...